Pure & Simple Weddings Reviews

19 | Holland, MI

19 Reviews for Pure & Simple Weddings

19 Pure & Simple Weddings Reviews

Anna · Married on 06/16/2018

She was quick, responsive, and very professional. Absolutely, highly, recommend.

Lis · Married on 07/22/2017

Best late in the game decision ever. If you even have a thought that you might need a day of coordinator, do it, and hire Pure & Simple. These women are on top of their game. Rhonda, Jenelle & their team crushed it at our wedding. There truly is no way our wedding could have been what it was without them. Our venue was huge, our decor was extensive, and our guest list was long, and they never batted an eye. Throughout the planning process they were quick to respond to all of the random questions that flew through my bride brain. They also tackled details that never even crossed my mind. They made the day run so smoothly, if there were any bumps in the road, I still don't know about it. We could not be happier that we found Pure & Simple.

• Karen

Karen · Married on 10/15/2016

I can't express enough what a great decision it was to hire Rhonda as our day of coordinator. We planned our wedding from out of state and so didn't know the area very well, and right from the beginning of planning Rhonda was quick with suggestions and was able to help secure extremely reasonable transportation services that we otherwise would not have found. The day of the wedding also went so incredibly smoothly that we wound up a bit ahead of schedule. (who even knew that could happen at a wedding!) We were able to spend the day enjoying ourselves and not worrying about anything at all. We also used Pure & Simple for our Linens. The tables looked amazing and because Rhonda was already there, we didn't have to worry about delivery or pick up which was a huge bonus. This is by far the best investment in our wedding day that we could have made. For anyone on the fence, a day of coordinator is a MUST and Rhonda is one of the best out there!

Joel · Married on 10/01/2016

On October 1st, 2016 we were married at Henderson Castle. We can not say enough good things about our wedding planner Rhonda and her assistant, Becky! Rhonda was with us every step of the way, from booking our venue to helping us decorate the Henderson Castle. She is the kind of person that gets stuff done, but has a very level head while doing it. In the beginning, we were a little nervous about planning a destination wedding, but Rhonda made it so easy. Since she knew west Michigan so well, we didn't have to worry about finding vendors, see took care of all of it.

In about a years time, we exchanged countless emails with Rhonda, made several phone calls with her and even met face to face with her when we were in town. Never once did she get tired of hearing from us. She also gave us great ideas, like renting antique furniture for our wedding. She found the location for us and we took it from there! Rhonda also was great about letting us give ideas and making our wedding day unique to us.

Since we were her first same-sex wedding, Rhonda was not afraid to find answers to our very tough questions. She even researched ideas about changing our last name and ideas surrounding that topic. She went above and beyond with our questions.

She truly did an exceptional job taking care of us! Our day was perfect thanks to the work of Rhonda and her staff! We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Pure & Simple Weddings's reply:

Awe thanks for such a great review guys! I LOVED working with you two. How could anyone get tired of hearing from you guys??? You were so fun to work with and your guests were all so amazing. Frank was so hilarious on the dance floor...is he for hire? You could truly feel the love between you two, and just how much your guests cared about you both and were excited for you. It was amazing. Keep in touch!

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

Rhonda was a wonderful first experience with a wedding planner. I hesitated to use a wedding planner, but found that she was relaxed, responsive, and FULL of information. I planned my wedding out of state and I found Rhonda to be the most important part of the first steps and again on the day. I purchased the "day of" package and was very pleasantly surprised by how much she worked for us before the day. If you are looking for someone knowledgeable, respectful, and very very responsible, Rhonda is an excellent choice for your wedding day. I can't imagine what my stress level would have been like without her.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Pure & Simple Weddings's reply:

Aww thanks, Erin! I appreciate the review!

Monica · Married on 07/24/2016

Working with Pure & Simple Weddings was by far the best financial (and affordable) decision I made for my entire wedding. They were so professional and reliable and made all of my stress and worries go away. They were incredibly helpful in finding vendors and knowing the best way to organize and go about things. It's so nice knowing that no matter how many wedding details you may miss, they will take care of it. No couple needs that kind of worry on their wedding day and thanks to them, it was as perfect and smooth as I could have hoped.

Kayli · Married on 05/21/2016

I used Pure and Simple weddings just for my rental items, but rest assured they are amazing planners as well! I live out of state and was able to rent so many beautiful items. Rhonda was very accommodating, she helped me figure out the best things to rent for my venue and style. I would recommend anyone to use them for either planning their wedding/reception or even just decor, linens, etc. They are so great, I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Pure & Simple Weddings's reply:

Awe...thanks so much for the review! I'm glad your day was spectacular! :)

Jessica · Married on 10/25/2015

Rhonda went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was a success. As the bride, I had so many things on my mind, but Rhonda kept me on track and our whole event went off without a hitch (or if there WERE hitches, I didn't know about them and that's just as important!). I remember her carrying my bridemaid's 2-month old baby around so that she and her husband could eat their dinner, and she even mailed me some of my supplies that I left behind at the venue - and I live far out of state. These are the little things that just mean so much. You're in good hands with Rhonda and I can't recommend her enough. My only regret is that it took me so long to submit my review. :) Thank you so much!

Booking Rhonda from Pure and Simple was one of the best decisions we made when booking at the Blue Dress Barn! We live out of state and it was hard for a details person like me to not be nearby - but Rhonda took care of everything. In addition to be long extremely responsive and professional, she was knowledgable, flexible and sweet. She gave our wedding the same care she would her own. If anything went wrong or deviated from plan- she adjusted without us even knowing. Our wedding day was spent hugging guests and celebrating- not worrying about the details. Rhonda was amazing- best decision you'll make when planning your big day.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Pure & Simple Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Abby! Your wedding was absolutely amazing with all the unique elements you added. Loved your wedding.

Beth · Married on 09/27/2015

We quickly realized that a "day-of planner" was our MOST important element when booking vendors for our wedding. I encourage all brides to make sure you have a planner to relieve stress on your big day. We were in wonderful hands with Pure & Simple. Rhonda and her team took our vision for the day and made it a reality. We literally could not have had such a perfect day without them both.
    She gave us suggestions on vendors, helped with our timeline, booked our linen service, found our transport (I wanted a pink school bus and she somehow found it), brought a bags set and even a ribbon backdrop that she saw on our Pinterest board. We had full trust in Rhonda and she was able to execute our decor desires flawlessly. She is also a lovely, dependable, smart, hardworking person. I probably told her and her team "thank you" 3,000 times but here is one more: THANK YOU!! I also think I told her I loved her but I meant it...
    I recommend Pure and Simple to any bride!!! - Beth Lofton

Sent on 10/14/2015

Pure & Simple Weddings's reply:

Awww thanks so much! I love you too :) you & Jordan were so great to work with! Can't wait to see the photos!

Julia · Married on 06/27/2015

Rhonda and her assistant were a delight to work with. Being an unorganized family, my sister, mom, and I were scrambling last minute to put our wedding together, and none of us had any prior experience planning a wedding. My mom was able to find Rhonda online, and thank God she did. I felt completely at ease with her. She always answered my calls/texts/emails promptly, professionally and helpfully, and trust me there were tons of them. My sister was kind of a perfectionist, and even she was beyond pleased by Rhonda.

Alison · Married on 07/19/2014

Rhonda and her team did a phenomenal job. This was a destination wedding for almost everyone that was in attendance. She helped provide everything necessary and pulled off and amazing beach ceremony on a private beach and an amazing reception at the Holland Area Arts Council. Her attention to detail is top notch and the execution was more than anyone could ask for. I would highly recommend her for any event you are planning. -Thanks Rhonda!

George & Alison Zorrilla

My husband and I live in New York and decided to get married in MI. Our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without Rhonda and all her hard work and patience with me and my family. Not being from Holland or knowing much about the town, it was really up to her to find me the vendors I wanted at the prices I wanted. Every decision she made and every option she presented to me was great. She was patient with me when I didn't know what I wanted but thought I did. Using Pure & Simple Weddings was the best decision made for planning my wedding. There is nothing I regret about their services and there is nothing about my wedding that I would change, thanks to Rhonda. I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone that is looking for a wedding planner.

Joe · Married on 07/15/2013

Rhonda planned our wedding on the beach in west Michigan which turned out beautifully. After the initial meeting with her, she understood what we desired for our wedding and provided us exactly what we wanted (on a very hot summer day no less!). It was a real pleasure to work with her!

Stephanie · Married on 03/12/2010

Rhonda & Rebecca are a breeze to work with and are extremely professional, flexible, resourceful and FUN. They really listen to your needs and make each bride feel important. I met with other wedding planners/coordinators before choosing Pure & Simple and no one had the same enthusiasm, energy and professionalism as Rhonda and Rebecca.
    Stephanie Rutherford

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

Rhonda and her assistant's were such a blessing for our wedding. From the first time we met her she seemed to understand our dreams for our wedding. She helped answer many questions and provided ideas/information during the planning process. We loved that she had such a wide variety of decorations that we were able to rent which saved us both time and money. She was the perfect coordinator and we could not recommend her enough. Rhonda and her team did an amazing job! Neither of us were aware of any problems that may have arisen, she handled everything. Since neither of us are the most decisive of people, she helped keep us on task while offering wonderful suggestions. She appreciated that we are giant kids who just wanted to have fun at our wedding and allowed us the freedom to be stress free.

Thank you so very much!

Dormica · Married on 06/22/2014

Pure and Simple Weddings provides great service!. I know I could not have had such a special day without the planning service of Pure and Simple Weddings.
    Rhonda, the man coordinator was so professional, flexible and an overall pleasure to work with.
    The value in relation to the service provided was fantastic.
    My wedding day went smooth and I didn't have to worry about anything and that is due to Rhonda and Pure and Simple Weddings!

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2016

Loved having Rhonda and her assistant for day of coordination. Due to the crazy weather and our barn leaking due to rain, it was really nice having two people helping with decorations and drying off the seats! They were able to re/produce the ideas I had for centerpieces, tables etc. and was really great at keeping us on our timeline. I almost wish I could have tacked on extra hours for additional planning help.

The only thing that took away a star rating was that of her assistant's attire (because I heard FAR too much about this from guests). She showed up to our rehearsal in a skimpy romper and the following day, wore a crop top with a short skirt. It wasn't too professional for someone "in charge", despite the informal setting. Albeit, the outfits were super cute, just not the place to wear them and was the last thing I needed to hear about on my wedding day.

Other than that, I would certainly recommend Pure and Simple for your day of coordination. Great service for the price! Thank you for braving the monsoon and tornadoes! Our day was Uniquely Beautiful!! =]

Nicole · Married on 08/20/2016