Puerto Rico Destination Weddings Reviews

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings 5
Puerto Rico Destination Weddings 6
Puerto Rico Destination Weddings 7

Millie · Married on 03/19/2016

Ashley couldn't have been sweeter! She was totally flexible when we changed our location the day of and paired us with the most wonderful photographer. She also made everything so easy with all the paperwork. Our ceremony was so lovely, we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Awwwww, thank you for the kind words and nice review, Millie! You and Kerry were so much fun to work with, and I'm so glad we'll be seeing much more of each other soon!! Xo Ashley

Ashley officiated our wedding in March 2016 at the Villa Montana Beach Resort. Our venue recommended Ashley as a local officiant and we were very happy they did so. Ashley was extremely responsive to us throughout the whole process. We live in NY, and she made the steps to get our license in Puerto Rico very clear and simple. Not only did she make that process smooth, but most importantly she held a beautiful ceremony for us. Ashley took time to get to know us and made sure to include personal details in our ceremony. We wanted to incorporate our grandmothers in the ceremony, and Ashley thought up a unique and thoughtful way to work them into the ceremony. We were so lucky to have Ashley officiate our wedding and you would be too!!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks Natalie and Rick for the lovely review! You (and your grandmothers!) were adorable, and it was such an honor to be a part of your special day!!

Cristina · Married on 03/04/2016

Ashley and the team did an amazing job, the ceremony was simple, relax and beautiful. The setting was perfect and in touch with nature. Couldn't have asked for more beautiful wedding! Thank you so much! Highly recommend PR Destination Weddings!!!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hola Cristina and Julio - it was indeed our pleasure! It was great getting to know you both, and I'm so happy you're local and we'll get to see you again!!! xo

Kait · Married on 02/23/2016

We absolutely loved working with Ashley. She performed our elopement in Aguadilla in February and it was truly the best day of my life. The location was beautiful - so breathtaking that one of our wedding photos was featured in the Huffington Post afterward! Ashley went the extra mile and then some to accommodate us, making sure our day was still perfect even after some weather trouble slowed us down! Best day ever.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks for such kind words Kait, it was absolutely my pleasure to be a part of your day!

Ed · Married on 02/18/2016

PR Destination Weddings utterly amazed me. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary this year. During our recent trip to PR, we were actively scuba diving. On a whim we said to ourselves, "Hey, let's renew our vows underwater!" The Officiant, Ashley, is a licensed diver. She choreographed the entire experience: found the perfect underwater location and diving team, did a scuba run-through, and coordinated with the photographers. (She even provided us with bowties and boutineers!)

We put our full faith and trust to Ashley and it turned out to be a wonderful and magical experience. If you ever want to do a same-sex marriage/vow renewal or an underwater wedding, PR Destination Weddings is a leader. Thanks so much for a memorable experience.

Sent on 02/12/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

"If you ever want to do a same-sex marriage/vow renewal or an underwater wedding, PR Destination Weddings is a leader." Love it, Ed! I have to say that our champagne toast in our dive gear in the parking lot of Crashboat Beach following your underwater vow renewal, complete with local paparazzi/beachgoers gathering around for photos and congratulations was one of the highlights of my officiating 'career'! What fun, and I already have plans for #25!!

jacqueline · Married on 02/13/2016

We had a magical experience with Ashley! She was quick to always respond to questions leading up to our day. She helped make the whole experience for us relaxing before the ceremony. She put together a beautiful pointe my and poetic ceremony and vows. I would highly, highly recommend her!!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Jacqueline - thank you for the kind words! You and Rick and your parents are beautiful in every way, and it was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day (and your parent's anniversary!). Please do get in touch next time you're in PR - I'd love to see you again! Thank you again for the kind review!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 02/06/2016

Ashley was great! She was so friendly and very easy to work with! We got so many compliments on our vowels. I would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 02/11/2016

Denny · Married on 02/04/2016

Ashley was amazing. We wanted a unique way to renew our vows for our 20th anniversary and so she asked my husband and I what our interests were, etc. and, after some discussion, suggested doing it under water as we are scuba enthusiasts... who thinks of that!?! So, we did it! Ashley took care of all the details and made it happen. It was an amazing event and we loved every detail of it. We could never have made something so memorable without Ashley. We highly, highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/07/2016

Aurora · Married on 01/20/2016

Very fun and helpful. Arrived on time, answered emails and phone calls quickly.

Sent on 01/26/2016

Cynthia · Married on 01/11/2016

My husband and I along with two siblings and spouses had a triple vowel renewal at sunset, on the beach in Isabela. Ashley was our officiant. She was absolutely wonderful.
    She kept our renewal simple, at our request yet was able to craft exactly what we wanted. Tradition and meaning.
    Her presence was calming.
    We could not recommend Ashley more.
    Afterwards, we invited Ashley back to the house for a champagne toast and had so much fun with her. She was like an extension of our family.

Sent on 01/25/2016
  • User6194176 · 2+ years ago

Ashley was our wedding officiant and looking back at the whole process, she made everything so smooth. Made sure the wedding ceremony was exactly the way we wanted, and would even send us reminders checking we had all the paperwork we needed. Honestly, I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Michelle · Married on 01/02/2016

After many months of frustration with trying to find an officiate for our wedding I came across reviews for Ashley and contacted her immediately. To my surprise she contacted me within an hour of my request for services. She also corresponded with me on and off to answer all of my questions. I was really impressed when I found out that she was on vacation in Spain at the time.

Ashley offered me a few places to choose from and then we narrowed it down to two. Upon arrival we looked at the two choices and went with the perfect one. Ashley is professional, friendly and a delight to work with. If there's one piece of advice that I would give it is to find a Popular Bank that has the $150 stamp needed before going to the domestic registry in Puerto Rico. Also, be prepared and have all of your documents in order before you go to Puerto Rico. My husband and I prepared our own affidavits and went to the Secretary of State's office in our individual cities in (Illinois and Arizona) to have them notarized and certifed with a seal. It cost a total of $17 versus paying a lawyer $100+ each.

If you get married in the Aquadilla/Isabela area the Royal Isabela restaurant is an excellent option for dinner per Ashley. She was definitely on point! The sunset is absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing at a reasonable price!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Stephanie · Married on 12/16/2015

Ashley from PR Destination Weddings is an absolute dream to work with. When I first reached out to her about our elopement, I had no idea what we wanted. She was very responsive and understanding when it took me about a month to finally book her services. She sent us all the info we needed to prepare for and get our marriage license in PR. As the date got closer, I realized that I had fudged and given her the wrong date for our ceremony (Dec. 16 instead of the planned Dec. 15)! Although she had something else booked on Dec. 15 and couldn't change the date, she was still unbelievably accommodating. We were traveling around the island and she changed the location for her and the photographer about a week before the wedding, to coincide with our travel plans. Gerry, the photographer she provided, was amazing. Our pictures are perfect. The new location she suggested was so much better than the old one we'd originally planned for. And the ceremony itself was so beautiful! Although we'd never met, Ashley made the ceremony feel so personal and touching. It was so much more than I ever could've imagined. We wanted a casual but meaningful ceremony for just the two of us and we got exactly that. I would definitely recommend Ashley to anyone. In fact, I'd recommend people elope to PR just to have Ashley as their organizer and officiant!

Sent on 12/26/2015

Rick · Married on 12/16/2015

Ashley is a professional person with a great spirit and lovely demeanor. Not only did she facilitate and conduct an intimate ceremony for our very small group, she was very helpful in guiding us through some of the hoops one must jump through to be married in Puerto Rico. Thank you Ashley!

Sent on 12/28/2015

My husband and I decided about 1 month in advance that we were going to elope to San Juan. We are so grateful to have found Ashley as she was a huge help getting us organized for our destination wedding - and on such short notice. Getting married in PR can be a little tricky, but she was very detailed and attentive to our needs. The ceremony was beautiful and she quickly filed the paperwork for our license.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Gracias Catherine, and I'm so glad we were able to help in making your wedding the experience of your dreams! What a great day, and thanks for being such a pleasure to work with!

Suzanne · Married on 12/03/2015

Ashley's was amazing and customized the ceremony to us, a private and intimate one on the beach! She was fantastic to work from her professionalism to her responsiveness and shared everything you need to know from where to go to who to speak with in securing the certificate and license well ahead of time. Her level of detail every step of the way provided that the experience was flawless as was our special day! Her ability to travel all over the island is so worth it!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Suzanne - thank you so much for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day, and I wish you both all the best! Look us up next time you're in PR :) !!

Jennifer · Married on 10/24/2015

Ashley was great! She did everything she said she would do. I would highly recommend her for a destination wedding in Puerto Rico!

Sent on 11/04/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you Jennifer! It was such a pleasure to get to know you and Jeff, and I wish you all the best!

From the very beginning all the way to the very end, Ashley was super responsive. The first time I personally reached out to her to ask her for wedding info, she replied just an hour later (and she was on vacation in Spain!!). After that, any question that I had, I would email her and I would get an almost instantaneous response from her. She was friendly and as my husband and I worried about vows and saying them right, she made sure to remind us of keeping it raw and organic rather than rehearsed. I met Ashley, in person, for the first time at the alter when I was walked down by my father. The ceremony was just as we wanted/asked, short, sweet, and to the point, and So So beautiful. As promised, Ashley ensured to collect all of our paperwork from our designated person (our wedding planner) and picked the perfect moment to slip in and quickly get our signatures. She emailed me a week later to let us know that everything was filed, ready, and gave us our options on how to receive our official marriage license. Ashley, thank you so much for the beautiful words you said and for marrying my best friend and I! Xoxoxo

Sent on 11/09/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Gaby - You and Zack are such a lovely couple and it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your beautiful day!!! Thank you!

Ashley was so wonderful! I just wanted a small intimate ceremony. Ashley was extremely helpful, engaging and very responsive to my needs. I would highly recommend her for your ceremony. She assisted us with paperwork and any questions that needed to be answered. She is very professional and genuine.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Teresa · Married on 10/10/2015

We had a destination wedding in Guanica, Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico Destination Wedding was very helpful with applying for our Marriage License. We had gone to the wrong location and after sending an email to Ashley, we received a follow up email and phone call to help direct us to the correct location. Also, I had planned on our ceremony to take place at 5:00pm. After being in Puerto Rico for a week, I notice the sun would set around 4:30 - 5:00pm and changed the time of our ceremony. Puerto Rico Destination Wedding was very happy to change the time of our ceremony to earlier to work with us and the sun setting schedule. The only thing I wish we would have had additional information on would be the stamps that you need to purchase your marriage license. The day we had gone to Puerto Rico Demographic Registrars Office was a holiday, so the department that sold the stamps were not available. I had to go to some fella's on the street/sidewalk outside the Demographic office to purchase stamps from them. Though I needed $150.00 in stamps, we purchased the stamps for $180.00, which seemed to be a good deal per the employees at the Demographic Office. I felt uneasy at filing information with a government building and than having to leave it to a couple of guys selling "stamps" outside. Though that has nothing to do with Puerto Rico Destination Weddings service but more to the way the government runs business. My husband and I felt like we were going to a couple of scalpers for these stamps and could easily be swindled. I may give the heads up to anyone that is planning on getting married in Puerto Rico, that this is normally business practice. I received a reminder email from Puerto Rico Destination Weddings that they had delivered our Marriage information to the Demographic Office, and it was ready to be printed and mailed to us. I was able to order prints and had them delivered by USP in two days. I would recommend Puerto Rico Destination Wedding!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Teresa - thank you for your detailed review and it was such a pleasure to officiate your ceremony and get to know you and Miguel! Thank you!

As background for other couples who might be reading this, the destination wedding tourist office in Old San Juan was unfortunately closed for renovations for a few months, including when Teresa and her fiance went to get their marriage license. They had problems with their GPS and got a bit lost in the suburbs of San Juan when looking for the alternative government offices. Once there, as she said, they found the system used on holidays when some of the offices are closed a bit unusual.

The GREAT NEWS for other couples is that, as of mid-October 2015, the more tourist-friendly destination wedding office in Old San Juan has re-opened. Therefore, no one else should have to experience what Teresa writes about. The Old San Juan office, next to the cruise ship terminal and near Senor Frog's, is so much easier! And Gabriel, the manager, speaks good English and is very used to working with destination wedding couples!

As part of our services, we provide all the detailed information and latest on offices. In Teresa's case, we were on vacation in Europe, but we even helped navigate through the suburbs via Facetime when we heard they were lost. Again, however, no one should have to go through this anymore, as the office in Old San Juan is very easy to find and the folks there are super helpful.

As always, if anyone has any questions about the process, please contact info@prdestinationweddings.com. It's really not very difficult to get legally married in Puerto Rico, and we are happy to work with you to make the process easy and stress-free!

I was touched how the officiate and the photography took in account of what we were looking for and making that personal touch with who we are as a couple.

Sent on 07/25/2015

I chose Ashley because of the reviews I read about her! She made our day special. She made our trip to/wedding in Puerto Rico a memorable experience. She was our blessing.

Sent on 08/01/2015

Kimi · Married on 07/08/2015

I forget if I ever did a review. So I'm doing one now just in case. Puerto Rican Destination Weddings was awesome to work with. It was just me, hubby, and a couple of friends that live nearby to witness the marriage. She suggested an amazing spot called Survivors Beach in Isabella. We had a beautiful sunset wedding and she came up with a beautiful ceremony that captured us perfectly using a questionnaire she had sent us priot to our arrival in PR. Super duper happy with the service.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Kim - thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review! Hope you guys are doing great!!! xo

Kim · Married on 07/08/2015

Ashley was amazing! She helped pick the perfect spot for our beach wedding and did such a beautiful job with the ceremony. I love the way she customized it for us. She helped guide us with all the legalities and made what could have been much more difficult a breeze. Thank you thank you thank you for the perfect wedding for us.
    Mike and Kim Perry

Sent on 07/13/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words, Kim! You and Mike are such a special couple and I wish you all the best! Have fun boating the beautiful waters of Florida, and see you in a tropical marina some day :) ....

Mike · Married on 07/08/2015

Ashley married us in Puerto Rico in the most beautiful beach setting. She helped us with the local documentation requirements, filed the documents, found a secluded beach that access to is on no map, planned and officiated the ceremony. It was absolutely wonderful. She put together a non traditional ceremony that was a perfect fit after getting to know us. We couldn't have created a more beautiful ceremony or found a more beautiful place if we planned for years. She is very professional and thorough and really puts her heart into making something beautiful. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Mike! I love to help couples like you find such hidden gems. Puerto Rico is full of them, and being able to share special locations with such special couples is the best! It was absolutely my pleasure!