Puerto Rico Destination Weddings Reviews

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings 6
Puerto Rico Destination Weddings 7
  • Z

Zoilo · Married on 11/04/2016

Ashley was very great and attentive to our every need. She knew exactly what to say during our ceremony to make it perfect. Definitely would recommend her.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Gracias for the kind words, Zoilo! I hope you and your beautiful bride are having a great holiday season as NEWLYWEDS :).

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2016

Ashley was great. She was VERY responsive to my emails. She is down to earth and easy to work with. Everything went smoothly and I felt very comfortable with her. Our location at the Ruins was lovely as we requested a location without any people. I also loved our pictures. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much, Rachel, for the beautiful words! We hope you and Matt had a wonderful visit to Puerto Rico, and come back to see us soon!
  • O

Omar · Married on 10/11/2016

So let me tell you, I am a person with lots of anxiety and a bit with control issues especially when it comes to the unknown. Getting married can be stressful, but if you are looking for a genuinely, loving and caring person to keep you at ease...Ashley Wright is the person you need in your life. Simply...she knows what she is doing. I went from being a nervous wreck to actually enjoying every moment we had all together. Her professionalism and belief in making your day, your day, is exactly her talent. Thank you a million Ashley!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

WOW, thank you, Omar, for the glowing endorsement. That's exactly what we like to do, make everything super easy for you so that you can enjoy your beautiful day. And what a beautiful day it was - you and Greg are such a gorgeous couple and we wish you all the best!!!

Rachel · Married on 10/02/2016

If you are planning on booking a destination wedding do no hesitate to contact Ashley. You will have a stress-free, worry-free event. Ashley was great from start to finish! She had great ideas, and is committed to providing the ceremony you want. Ashley always answered all my questions the same day, and made planning a ceremony from afar simple.
    I can not say enough good things about her:)

Sent on 10/31/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the glowing review, Rachel!! Come back and see us soon! xo
  • sue

sue · Married on 09/10/2016

We found Ashley on Wedding Wire after reading the glowing reviews and watching
    You-tube videos we decided to send her a message and were so happy we did!!
    She is absolutely all you need and more. Ashley went above and beyond with everything for our intimate elopement just the 2 of us she provided witness all in the package we travelled to San Juan to stay in the Hacienda algre in Rio Grande Puerto.
    She was so flexible and patient when we were in the planning stages
    Ashley is extremely professional. She did a great job at personalizing our ceremony, and taking into account our preferences. We choose the package with photographer who was also amazing with one of our photograph’s appearing in the Huffington post we are very impressed.
    The step by step instructions are easy to follow and all went without a hitch getting the affidavit from our UK solicitors and Drs letter’s, along with copies of our children’s and our birth certificates and previous divorce documents and having a face time with Ashley put our mind at ease.
    The ceremony was perfect…. we personalised our vows and Ashley’s bespoke ceremony touched our hearts she also did Instagram video live to facebook so our family could see the event they all loved that, the day was perfect thank you so much the photographer was also amazing.
    We highly recommend PR Destination Weddings you’re in safe hands!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

AWWW, thank you, Sue & John! You are such a gorgeous couple and we wish you all the best!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/13/2016

Ashley was great, I will recommend whoever is planning a private ceremony that will be unforgettable to use her services. The venue was breathtaking and Ashley was phenomenal.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Victoria · Married on 08/11/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding! Ashley was easy to get ahold of and pleasant to work with. She has great suggestions and the crew she had with her (florist, photographer, and coconut man!) we're all so great and went the extra mile to make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Gracias, Victoria! Your wedding was so special and unique - just like you and Anthony. It was our privilege to be a part of it. Thank YOU!!

Chloe · Married on 07/26/2016

Ashley went above and beyond with everything she did for my wife and I, and our ceremony. She was so flexible and patient when we were in the planning stages, and when we finally arrived in PR with some difficulties (our airline lost our bag with our dresses, rings, and all) she stepped right up to make the waiting period as painless as possible. She brought us to the demographics office herself to file our paperwork, which turned an hour+ trip into a quick 15 minute process. She also lent us a couple beachy dresses in case our bag didn't make it in time. She made sure everyone at the Royal Isabela resort where we stayed knew of the situation with our bag so everyone would anticipate it's arrival and have it down to us asap. In the end, our belongings got there five minutes before our ceremony was due to start on the beach and Ashley kept her crew on standby while we got our dresses on and ran to the path to the beach. In the end, our wedding site and ceremony were as perfect as can be and all her words captured our relationship flawlessly. I cannot say enough about our amazing experience with Ashley and her crew, we are so grateful for her services and friendship.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Chloe! We were so happy to help! As we said, everything might not have worked out as you planned, but everything worked out exactly as it was meant to be! Looking forward to seeing you and Kyla again soon!

Jessica · Married on 07/22/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Ashley! I am from Michigan and I'm a worrier. I tried to plan a big wedding at home and it overwhelmed me, I was unhappy. My husband suggested Puerto Rico, the place we took our first vacation together in 2014. When I started looking at resort wedding packages, I thought it was way too expensive, until I found Ashley on WeddingWire and sent her a message. She is absolutely all you need and more. I do have a few tips for anyone reading! First, the documents you need to have seem scary at first, they are not! It is so simple! After reading past reviews here, I thought getting the lawyer document was going to be expensive (someone said over $100) and I tried to figure out having a notary and the county clerk do the document instead. That proved to be a headache (more driving around, drafting the document yourself, and waiting in line too.) So, I went to the smallest, local lawyer's office I could find. He charged me $50 and it was done. The doctor's letter was also a breeze. I dropped off the information, and the office called me back in an hour and had it ready to go. Do not stress over these! I did and it was pointless :) Second tip, if you are staying in San Juan and are driving to the northwest side of the island to get married, make sure you leave double the amount of travel time you think you'll need. We thought we had more than enough time to handle traffic, wrong! :( Other than being late and feeling a bit frazzled from that at first arrival, everything else was perfect! Third, tell Ashley the kind of ceremony you want and let her surprise you. I was very nervous about doing this but I promise you, she will know just what to say to make it special and perfect. You will not be disappointed! Thank you again, Ashley! You made our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 08/10/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Jessica, thank you so much for the kind words. It was indeed a pleasure working with you and Charlie, and we wish you all the best! I'm so sorry the traffic was bad on your wedding day, as it was a Friday sunset (rush hour) wedding on the beginning of the busiest 3-day travel weekend of the year. I'm so glad it all worked out and your wedding was just perfect! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Kayla · Married on 07/12/2016

I highly recommend PR Destination Weddings, as Ashley went above and beyond for our intimate beach ceremony. She provided detailed information for our marriage license prep and offered lots of helpful recommendations in regards to the ceremony itself. She made herself available the night before to help us decide on a location and even helped us share some special moments with our loved ones back home via Facebook live. Our day was stress-free and uncomplicated, all thanks to Ashley. We couldn't be happier with how it all turned out!

Sent on 07/18/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

So happy we were able to help, Kayla! We wish you and Tom all the best in this new chapter of your lives together! And, congratulations!

Jamal · Married on 06/28/2016

everything was perfect...not one complaint

Sent on 07/19/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the nice review, Jamal...I hope you and Stephanie are enjoying married life!!

Alyssa · Married on 06/06/2016

Planning a commitment ceremony from Texas proved to be an easy feat with Ashley by our side. From beginning to end she was extremely helpful and responsive. My partner and I were at complete ease with Ashley. Because of her, our ceremony was everything we wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 06/12/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks so much Alyssa for the kind words! You and Candy were such a pleasure to work with and we loved being able to help - we wish you and your beautiful family all the best!!!

Gregory · Married on 06/04/2016

When my husband and I were searching for a destination wedding place it was a bit tough due to legality. We settled on Puerto Rico due to it being under US jurisdiction and the 2015 Supreme Court ruling applied to the island. Naturally a Google Search of "Puerto Rico Destination Weddings" brought up Ashley. When we added "LGBT" to the search she still came up so we felt we just had to contact her. Ashley was instantly wonderful. She laid out all our options. Walked us through everything. She was incredibly responsive with each and every little question we had (and there were A LOT). On the day of and during the actual ceremony she was incredibly professional and walked us through everything. The easiest part was rather than hiring individual vendors for Photography and Videography. She had a package and we had our options of Photographers, which is something not a lot of other officiant packages offer. And she works with a lot of amazing photographers so it can be tricky to pick one but it gives you great variety so she will have someone who matched your tastes. She assured us every vendor she works with is LGBT friendly, which we definitely found to be true with our vendors. We could not be happier with our choice of hiring Ashley and highly recommend her to anyone looking for a destination wedding anywhere in Puerto Rico. From elopements to larger events.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Marcos · Married on 05/14/2016

Ashley and her crew were Great!! She was very helpful when it came to planning and easing the stress of everything that needed to be done. The quality of the photos and videos were amazing!!! I would DEFINITELY recommend PRDW to anyone that wants to get married in Puerto Rico

Sent on 02/09/2017

lisa · Married on 05/13/2016

Ashley did a phenomenal job performing our ceremony! She put together a beautiful ceremony that was very personal to us, yet we were able to hear it for the first time during the ceremony which made it very special. She was also very organized and responsive as I needed to prepare for the legality of the wedding. We're so happy with the service we received and would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in Puerto Rico.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

HI Lisa - thanks so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure getting to know you, and come back to see us again soon!

Nicole · Married on 05/10/2016

We can't say enough about Ashley. From start to finish she handled everything and made our day special. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

So happy to help, Nicole! I hope you and Keith are having a wonderful summer and enjoying newlywed life!!

Jillian · Married on 04/20/2016

Ashley Wright was extremely officiant and positive. She responded to all my emails thoroughly and promptly. At one point we were having problems getting a marriage stamp, and she responded right away and helped us. I would highly recommended her to anyone getting married.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks Jill for the kind words! And, we were happy to help provide one of our spare stamps as it was a holiday the day you tried to go! It was such a pleasure to get to know you both and we wish you all the best in this new chapter of your lives together!!

Kelley · Married on 04/12/2016

Ashley was great! We knew we wanted to get married in Puerto Rico but were not sure where to start. None of the information I could find online was complete and figuring out all the requirements and needs was challenging. The moment I hired Ashley she was able to walk us through the process and documentation to make sure we had everything we needed right down to names and phone numbers. Everything was pretty simple and easy once I had someone that was "in the know".

Sent on 04/18/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the nice words, Kelley! Yes, getting married in Puerto Rico should be simple, easy, fun and beautiful - we're here and happy to help! All the best to you and Aaron!!

Christina · Married on 04/05/2016

I cannot say enough about what a great experience we had with Puerto Rico Destination Weddings! Ashley was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and prompt to answer any questions that arose. Our wedding was everything I could have asked for and more. We opted for a simple ceremony, just us and our children. Ashley and her teamed turned that simple ceremony into a spectacular event that we will cherish forever! Ashley chose a cliff overlooking the ocean at Punta Borinquen Golf Club as our location. It was absolutely breathtaking...one of the most gorgeous sites I've ever seen. Not only did she choose an incredible place, but the words she spoke touched my heart. It was obvious that she loves what she does and it shows in how special she made us feel. And to top it off, her talented team, Arturo and Marquez, captured the moment with the most amazing photos and video imaginable. What a way to begin the next chapter!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!!!! Thank YOU so much for your kind words, Christina! I do indeed love what I do, and it truly is a pleasure to work with such a great team like Arturo and Marquez to bring amazing experiences to beautiful families like yours! All the best to you and Paul and the kids, and be sure to look us up when you come back to visit!! Thank you again for the wonderful review! xoxo

Be honest about your intentions to each other. Make sure she can feel that as she is very intuitive and it will impact the intensity of your ceremony. I would marry my wife again and again and each time, I would have Ashley handling the ceremony. We were already deeply in love and committed, so our ceremony was an extension of that. Ashley made sure we began our marriage with clarity and strength. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

What beautiful words - thank you so much for your compliment! Every couple and every wedding experience is different, and I really do try to be intuitive and adaptable to provide that clarity and strength through the words and ceremony. I'm not even sure which of my grooms wrote these beautiful words, which perhaps makes it all the more special! All the best to you and your wife!

David · Married on 03/26/2016

Ashley was so helpful in every way possible she is a true professional in what she does!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, David! I hope you and Jackie are enjoying newlywed life and that your beautiful family is having a wonderful spring! All the best! Xo Ashley

Jacquelyn · Married on 03/26/2016

This was one of the most beautiful days of my life. She was so professional, sweet, and helpful. Any questions we had she answered quickly and got back to us in a timely manner. The person requested to do my flowers were wonderful. The young lady that did the pictures was awesome. One of the best days of my life! I will never forget it!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Jackie - thank you so much for your kind words and we're so happy to have contributed to your beautiful day. I wish you and David and your gorgeous family all the best!! Thanks again!

H · Married on 03/25/2016

Ashley was a pleasure to work with and provided us with an incredible ceremony. She initially spoke with us by phone, walked us through the process of obtaining a PR marriage license, and met with us a couple of days before the ceremony to make sure our expectations were aligned. We had an intimate wedding with our immediate family and friends, and Ashley's words captured the beauty of our surroundings and expressed what we shared with her as important to us. We couldn't have been more pleased, and highly recommend her services!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Howard - thank you for the lovely words. You and Ashley and your family were a pleasure to work with, and everything was so beautiful. Ethan's song brought tears to my eyes! I wish you both the best in this new chapter of your lives together, and let's meet up next time you're in Rincon!

Ashley provided a beautiful ceremony for us and was extremely flexible when we wanted to change the venue the day before our ceremony. Ashley was quick to respond to my emails and phone calls. She recommended places for us to eat and visit during our stay in PR. We absolutely loved our ceremony and Ashely made it very special for us. Thanks Ashley for everything!!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the nice words, and it was such a pleasure to officiate your ceremony, and we're delighted to be flexible, island-style :) ! Our BQN area of Puerto Rico is brimming with so many great restaurants and things to do, and I love supporting our local businesses and friends by recommending them to wonderful couples like you! Come back and see us again soon!

Kerry · Married on 03/19/2016

We are so happy that we met Ashley and that she officiated our wedding. We contacted her 3 weeks before our desired wedding date in Puerto Rico, and she was so helpful, accommodating, and flexible! She answered all of our questions and helped us get the ball rolling on such short notice. She was kind, professional, helpful, friendly, and has a great and calming energy that we appreciated for our big day jitters! ;) The photographer she provided for our beach elopement was amazing as well! Sweet, calm, professional, and the photos are PERFECT. I HIGHLY recommend Ashley Wright and her services if you are thinking about tying the knot in PR. Plus, you really can't beat the scenery!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Puerto Rico Destination Weddings's reply:

Hi Kerry - thank you so much for the kind words....it was such a joy to be a part of your special day! And everyone in our community loved you and Millie, by the way!! We look forward to seeing you over and over again as you return to this very special area! Enjoy married life!!!