Publick House Historic Inn Reviews

Publick House Historic Inn 5
Publick House Historic Inn 6
Publick House Historic Inn 7

Kristin · Married on 07/15/2017

The Publick House made the wedding of our dreams come true. They guided us every step of the way, were so responsive and helpful every step of the way and stepped it up even more on the day of the wedding. They guided us through every detail (even the tiny ones!), our rehearsal went very smoothly and the wedding day was so easy with them guiding us along every hour leading up the ceremony. We knew we would be happy with them, but we're beyond impressed how great they were and and couldn't have asked for a better experience for our big day.

Sent on 07/30/2017
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/14/2017

What more can I say about the Publick House besides PERFECTION! We were planning our wedding from California and every step of the process was a breeze. They accommodated our schedule for tasting and other detail meetings depending on when we would be on the east coast. It was such a pleasure working with everyone. Cathy helped us the whole way with updated detail sheets and answered every single email and question I could possibly come up with! When it was finally time for our wedding weekend and we finally arrived at the venue we were AMAZED. The property is beautiful and the old New England charm was just as we imagined. We had non stop compliments from all of our guests and it was a joy to spend the weekend with all of them right at the venue. Our wedding went off without a hitch (that we know of) and we couldn't have imagine a more perfect wedding. The team at the Publick House are true professionals and know what they are doing. The food, the atmosphere everything was perfect. We cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2017

So far they have made the wedding planning process so much easier than I was expecting. They are quick to answer any question you may have and help you with all of the many decisions to be made. The venue is gorgeous! I cannot wait for the wedding I know it will be perfect!

Sent on 04/04/2016

Veronica · Married on 06/24/2017

From finding the Publick House to our final walk through, rehearsal and reception it was the easiest experience and made our day even better as a result. There wasn't a thing the staff didn't have under control. Special thanks to Amber and Anthony!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Jerry · Married on 06/16/2017

When we visited the publick house on our search for wedding venues we knew we had found the right place for us. There were so many things we liked, but above all we felt really comfortable with the wedding sales staff. They were very welcoming, receptive to our ideas and they took time to go over every possible option we were interested in. Amber took over our account for Lisa, our previous wedding sales manager, and she did a great job. She answered all our questions on a timely manner. she addressed all our concerns. The venue itself has a unique historic charm, with all the modern amenities. The location is great, located one minute from I84 with plenty of parking. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Craft Room and it was great, very spacious and comfortable. Our wedding was in the Garden Tent, which looks really nice especially at night. The food is delicious with plenty of variety to choose from. We chose to have the “bacon bar” during our cocktail hour, we cannot overstate how much of a hit that was, it was awesome. They have a bakery onsite that created an amazing cake for us, and we can’t forget to mention their famous pecan rolls. Our ceremony had to be moved in doors because it rained on our wedding day, but the staff at the Publick house did such an amazing job setting up in doors and everything went off without a hitch. Our Banquet manager for our wedding night was Anthony and we cannot say enough about the incredible job he did. He was always several steps ahead of everything, we did’t have to worry about a thing. Thank you Anthony! And thank you Publick House!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Bev Savoie & · Married on 05/12/2017

In my opinion, The Publick House is the perfect venue for a wedding whether you want an outside or inside wedding. They are there to help you from start to finish and for everything in between along the way. They have so much experience, and are in sync with all the vendors. Honestly, you can't go wrong choosing the Publick House and their preferred vendors. There are so many beautiful backgrounds for pictures both inside and out. Their food is fabulous, the bakery is phenomenal and the staff are so professional. Their pricing is very reasonable and includes things that other venues don't offer. Their experienced staff can answer any question and save you tons of time making decisions. A bonus is their variety of lodging on site at various prices so your guests can stay overnight. This is especially helpful for an evening wedding. Everything was virtually flawless and I can't say enough good things about this venue or their staff or vendors. We are so happy we planned our wedding with The Publick House!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Jillian · Married on 04/22/2017

We had our wedding here on 4/22/17 and it was the most amazing time. We were engaged in 2015 and booked our wedding here at the end of that year. We loved the cozy rustic feel of the Publick House and also that everything was onsite. We had an open bar and did not want people to drink and drive and we also did not want to rent buses. People loved that they were walking distance to their rooms, the cottage was available to rent for after the reception and all of our guests had an amazing time at the after party, we were up until 5am! Throughout my entire wedding process the staff was very responsive to my questions and emails. I never waited more than a day for a response from them. Another thing I loved about this place was that everything was included if you did not want to DIY items (I am not a DIY person). I used their centerpieces and card box, the cake was included in the cost. Also the venue puts out all of the decorative items you may have (some places make you assign family or friends to do it the day of). I just had to drop my stuff of with them and the staff set up my seating cards, lights and a couple signs I had. Overall this was the best experience and I highly recommend having your wedding there if you are thinking about it!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Alisha · Married on 04/01/2017

We were absolutely thrilled with our wedding at the Publick House! They were more then accommodating with making our wedding what we wanted and made sure we had not only an amazing wedding night but amazing wedding weekend! We were married inside Paige Hall and our reception followed in the same location. The ambiance was wonderful and the food was amazing. I can highly recommend the Publick House for a wedding!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Jake · Married on 03/11/2017

Okay so my wife and I are scared to spend money, it makes us ill to do so, the price for the Publick House was so inside our budget. It was the first and last place we looked to have our wedding and it was beautiful. The day of we really just had to be there, they were on top of everything and thought of everything. It was the best when we walked out of the room after just being married and someone was waiting with a tray of booze. I tell everyone to get married there. You, reading this, GO GET MARRIED THERE.

Sent on 04/05/2017
  • April

April · Married on 02/25/2017

Although I was not able to have my wedding at the Public House (because we were having a winter wedding and had too many guests for their ballroom) I did have my wedding shower there! We had about 48 people in Crafts Hall and it was a perfect fit for a cool winter morning! The beautiful historic look provides enough of a background that you don't even need that much decor! The brunch was hot and amazing and cupcakes that were served were delicious! It was a great day and all my guests had a great time!

Sent on 03/13/2017

Logan · Married on 12/31/2016

We had our wedding at The Publick House on 12-31-16. There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe how perfect and wonderful it was. Kris, Danielle, Cathy and everyone was amazing. Special thanks to Danielle, our bridal assistant. She was always right next to us with everything we needed throughout the night before we even knew we needed it. The communication from our coordinator up to the big day, throughout the big day, and after with any questions or comments were answered immediately. Our ceremony and reception were both held in Paige Hall and the staff did an amazing job flipping the room quickly and seamlessly during cocktail hour. The food was delicious, and the cake even more delicious. Our stay in the lodging there was great, clean, and enough space for all our guests, as well as rooms were big enough for the bridal party to get ready in. Our wedding was spectacular, we got a ton of compliments from our guests, and there is nothing negative I could say about this venue. Highly recommend the publick house!

Sent on 01/26/2017

We cannot even begin to describe how magical, stunning and beautiful our December wedding was at Publick House in Sturbridge. From the day we booked our event, the staff was readily available for questions, contacted me regularly for verification of information, and answered any questions I had along the way. When dropping off our decor and having our final meeting I was completely at ease once meeting our banquet manager that would lead our day, Kristen (Kris). We reviewed paperwork to check that we had everything we needed and she was right on point with everything making me feel like I didn't have to think about the details any more! That is such a a great feeling to be able to just relax going into the wedding weekend. Upon the actual ceremony day, the staff was attentive, directed the plans as we had discussed, and helped corral everyone to be sure we got things done as planned. Also, Danielle, my bridal assistant, was awesome! Everyone at Publick House displayed professionalism, showed genuine interest and concern in making sure our day went off as planned, and was cordial and happy to be part of our day! I would highly recommend this beautiful venue for any event!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Jenny · Married on 11/19/2016

The Publick House was the perfect venue for a wedding. We were married November 19, 2016 and everything went smoothly. The venue is beautiful and accommodating. The staff was great and never treated you like an inconvenience. My husband and I had a wonderful time and I was thankful for all the smiles and help from the staff. We also had our rehearsal dinner there and it was well worth it! It was another beautiful event and the bake shop cakes were amazing!

Sent on 11/23/2016

Alison · Married on 10/29/2016

The Publick House was the absolute perfect spot for our wedding reception. For fall weddings, it cannot be beat. It's cozy, warm, and just very welcoming. There are so many positive things to note:

1. Food, bar, and cake are all taken care of in-house. I found it really helpful to not have to worry about separate caterers. The food and cake were delicious. They do a tasting a few times a year for couples to try the food, and that was a great event. We chose salmon, prime rib, and turkey (two choices included, we picked one extra for a fee). Vegetarian option is also available. I heard that that was not as good as the rest of the food, but since it's chef's choice, it could have just been underwhelming on the day of our wedding.

2. Lodging on the premises. Cannot say how helpful this was. Almost all of our guests were coming from out of town (including us!), so this was a huge benefit. Guests could just walk to their room when they were tired. The bridal suite was in the Chamberlain House, and it was beautiful. It was the perfect size for my five bridesmaids and I to get ready (and that included enough space for the two hairdressers and their equipment to get in too!). Bridal suite is included in wedding package for night of the wedding.

3. Paige Hall. This is where we had our reception, and it was so charming and beautiful. It fits about 160 people. We found it to be the perfect size--cozy, but definitely not cramped. It was the perfect place for us.

4. Lisa LaCoste and the other people who help with weddings at the Publick House. Everyone was a pleasure to work with. Lisa was truly exceptional. She helped put me, my husband, and my parents at ease when we were starting to get frazzled about plans, and she was always available leading up to the wedding. Cannot thank her and the rest of the staff enough.

Check out the Publick House, and get a pecan roll while you are there!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Dan · Married on 10/28/2016

As two twenty-somethings looking to get married, it was so tough to find a venue that was beautiful, affordable, charming, helpful, and did I mention affordable? The Publick House fits the bill and more. It was everything we wanted. The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and best of all, our guests were able to find rooms on site. It really helped to complete the intimate vibe that we were going for. Thank you so much Cathy!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Alexandra · Married on 10/01/2016

Publick House was the whole package, wedding planner, catering, hotel rooms. They were flawless. I didn't notice the staff around on the day, but the second I needed anything they were right there and ready to go. The entire day was coordinated and ran so incredibly flawlessly. We also had the cottage house as an after party and breakfast meeting place and that worked do well. There were two other weddings on the same day, and we were in the garden tent where they had a lunch earlier in the day...you wouldn't have known if I didn't see a listing of the days' events. Really can't thank them enough for an incredible wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Priscilla · Married on 09/30/2016

I can't say enough about The Publick House venue and staff, we had the best experience with them for our wedding on 9/30/2016. We had our wedding in the Garden Tent with around 125 guests and had planned to have our ceremony at the gazebo next to the tent, unfortunately it rained the day of our wedding BUT the staff was incredibly accommodating, allowing me to wait until the last minute (seriously 15 minutes before the ceremony was supposed to start) to move everything into the tent for our "Plan B" ceremony. The rain made no difference as the ceremony was just as beautiful inside their tent and we were still able to get some gorgeous pictures around their perfectly maintained grounds. We toured quite a few venues and The Publick House was by far and away the best value. The cost was very reasonable and their staff support was fantastic from our initial tour down to our day of banquet management. We chose to use their recommended vendors for our DJ (Champagne Toast), Florist (Michele Bernard), and Photographer (Heather Fuller), all of whom were amazing and easy to work with. This is the type of venue that can take care of everything for you, which was ideal for my husband and I as we did not have a lot of time to dedicate to planning our wedding. Outside of the wedding itself, we had a great rehearsal dinner in one of their indoor locations with delicious BBQ and the onsite overnight accommodations were perfect for our guests. The food overall was delicious from the cocktail hour apps to the entrees to the cake that they make in house. I HIGHLY recommend The Publick House to any bride/groom!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Megan · Married on 09/24/2016

Chris and I could not be happier that we chose The Publick House as our wedding venue! The staff (Kris, Danielle, and Cathy) are amazing and they did an incredible job making sure our wedding went off without a hitch. The venue itself is the perfect combination of rustic and historical as well as gorgeous. The buildings and grounds are perfectly maintained and it is obvious how much work all the staff put in to make it such an ideal wedding setting. Thank you so much for being the perfect place for our big day... we cannot wait to come back and visit!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Kat · Married on 09/17/2016

We had our wedding at the Garden Tent. It was absolutely beautiful. Their grounds are gorgeous: they obviously upkeep their outside areas, but the flowers and plants are wonderful. The bar and the food were outstanding--enjoy the food tasting before your wedding, and good luck picking just one or two favorites! The staff are amazing. Kris Jacobson was our Banquet Manager, and she's a saint. She knew every question we would have before we were done asking it, she anticipated our every want, and kept the evening flowing along wonderfully. Ashley was our Bridal Assistant, and she was some kind of angel. She brought us drinks and snacks during cocktail hour, she was there to help with my train whenever necessary--one of my bustles broke, and before someone could even exclaim, "oh no!" she had magically produced safety pins from nowhere, and saved my train from dragging! This place is amazing!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2016

The Wedding of my dreams came true because of the INCREDIBLE, thoughtful, caring staff at the Publick House. Not only is everything on site (multiple hotel options, a Tavern, different ceremony and reception sites all with their own feel) but you get your own wedding planner for every step of the way, a banquet manager to run the show, a personal bridal assistant, AND all of the behind the scenes staff DID AN AMAZING JOB setting up and were so kind and helpful. Everyone from the wait staff and bartenders to the bakery shoppe were just so amazing and obviously love what they do!!! Our wedding planner even contacted and coordinated with all of our vendors for us and we didn't have to worry about a thing! Does anyone else give you your own wedding planner included in the price?? NOPE! This place is one of a kind!!

I was seriously the most nervous bride ever and they just made sure everything went perfectly, they got us all where we needed to be and communicated with the other staff (even with walkie talkies) to make sure everyone was where we were supposed to be at the right time. The new Chamberlain House (hotel) was BEAUTIFUL and had new amenities. The value of the meals and venue were great, the food was amazing. Everyone went above and beyond to make our day amazing and it really was!!! I can not say enough great things about the Publick House and their incredible, thoughtful staff. Wow.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Hannah · Married on 09/04/2016

I fell in love with The Publick House the minute we pulled into the parking lot. I wanted my wedding to have that old New England feel and The Publick House was exactly that. When we met with our wedding consultant and banquet manager, I felt so incredibly supported and comforted. I knew after the first meeting that we would be taken care of in all aspects of our wedding. Everyone told me that the venue was the biggest headache during the wedding planning process. Thankfully, we did not have that experience. Everyone was extremely accommodating and patient with us during a very busy and stressful time.

Cathy O'Brien, our wedding coordinator and Kris Jacobsen, our banquet manager were the two people who we specifically worked with throughout the wedding planning process. They are both incredible at what they do and were so awesome to work with. They tirelessly worked with us for months and made our wedding day even more beautiful and perfect than we could have ever imagined. Both of these people were huge blessings to my family and I throughout this wedding planning process. We are so thankful for them and for all those who helped make the wedding day so incredibly special at The Publick House. We had an incredible experience. My husband and I as well as all of our guests cannot stop talking about how beautiful the wedding was. We have the Publick House to thank! Everyone there is truly amazing at what they do. We had such a positive experience and have already been recommending this place to everyone!

Sent on 10/18/2016

caroline · Married on 08/26/2016

I had my ceremony and reception at the Publick House on August 26, 2016. I am so glad I chose this amazing place as my venue! What first brought me to the Publick House was the location and the tent. I wanted to have a ceremony at a garden and the reception at a tent. All places I had looked for a tent wedding were outrageous. When I went to the Publick House, I loved the place-it has so much character! I thought it would be the perfect venue to have the ceremony, the reception, and have the guests stay at the hotel. They have it all! The price is so affordable and it's unbelievable the service you get for the price. The package comes with a cake and it includes a lot of extras like accommodation for the newly weds and receptions extras. I booked the venue about a year and a half ahead of time and my experience throughout the entire process was wonderful from the sales team to the banquet manager at the day of the wedding. The team was always responsive and well organized, they made the entire process easy. Lisa Lacoste coordinated all the details with me and made me feel at ease with her professionalism and experience. Kris Jacobson, the banquet manager, made everything happen the day of. She runs the show and she is extremely caring and detail-oriented. I got SO many compliments- that the grounds were so beautiful, the food was AMAZING (and so was the cake), and the staff was so friendly. Even when a lot of my family members who had traveled from a different country and didn't speak the language, they went above an beyond to communicate with them. I am so grateful for the perfect wedding at the Publick House and to their staff. I cannot say enough good things about this place. I cannot think of a better place to have tied the knot.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/19/2016

The Publick House is amazing! I was planning the wedding from abroad and the team were so incredibly helpful leading up to the wedding, very responsive and helpful even though we had to do almost everything over email! Lisa and the team were fantastic! The service we received on the day of the wedding was even better - we felt honestly that the banquet team were like a part of the family they gave such personalized and expert attention. Our wedding was in the garden tent and it was more beautiful the night of the wedding than I could have imagined. Even little decorative details that I hadn't finalized completely, they helped with and everything looked perfect. Delicious food, the best cake, and all at a reasonable price. Thank you so much! (wedding August 2016)

Sent on 12/26/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful! The staff and service could not have been anymore perfect. I've been apart of many weddings and have never had service this good. The staff was always right alongside the wedding partying getting them whatever they needed( food, drinks, handling any situations etc). The timeline was exactly how I wanted it, everything went smoothly and orderly. The food was delicious, many of our guests commented on that. They organized all of my decor exactly how I wanted it, also organized it all at the end of the day as well. We were very very impressed and happy with our entire wedding day!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner and wedding at the Publick House. It exceeded all expectations and we would highly recommend to anyone

Sent on 06/12/2016