1 User photo
Connie · Married on 08/11/2016
Public Opinions Soundstage did a fantastic job making my daughters day special.Sent on 11/25/2016
Jennifer · Married on 03/06/2014
A little miss communication in the beginning, but quickly fixed.and the rest of the night went amazing.Sent on 04/01/2014
Travis and Gina · Married on 06/07/2014
Great value for the money and dependable. Worked out well for our wedding.Sent on 07/01/2014
Kayla · Married on 03/12/2016
My sister-in-law used this vendor as well and they were great at moving the party along on schedule so there was less for her to worry about. I'm excited for the same experience!Sent on 12/12/2015
User4260058 · 2+ years ago
Our DJ was great! Everyone said how good they were. They played what we wanted them to play and were very professional.Sent on 07/19/2014
User4321375 · 2+ years ago
Good to work with. Decent music selection. He was a bit obsessive about staying on schedule although I told them I wanted the night's "flow" to govern itself.Sent on 08/13/2014
Brittany · Married on 07/26/2014
I thought it went really well, but was disappointed when songs were not played from my list I gave to be played. It was upsetting because my husband and I spent a lot of time in picking those songs but they weren't played.Sent on 08/07/2014
Public Opinions Soundstage's reply:Public Opinions Soundstage is all about tailoring a playlist and is excited when brides take the time to put a list of favorites together. For this wedding we were hired for 3 hours with the first hour for background music for the reception/dinner and the remaining 2 hours for dancing. We were set up early and gave the bride an extra ½ hour of music at the beginning of the reception. Approximately 30 minutes were used for the cake cutting, toast, bouquet toss, garter toss, Bride and Groom Dance, Daddy/Daughter Dance, and Mother/Son Dance. The bride provided a list of 61 songs. With only being able to play 12-15 songs an hour and having over 4 hours of music to fit into the 2-hour dance, we played as many as we could. The remaining dance time was filled with songs from their playlist with 3-4 additional requests from family members. We understand that a lot of time goes into creating a playlist, and appreciate brides who do this. We wish there would have been more time to play more songs from the bride’s playlist.
Robin · Married on 04/21/2018
We went with this DJ because there were so many good reviews and he was the fastest to respond to us, we were in a bit of a time crunch when we hired our DJ.Sent on 04/23/2018
Initially, we were impressed with his work and thought the phone conversations went well as we were preparing, but on the wedding day we were surprised to have frustrations with him.
1) He was 45 minutes later than he said he would be for the set-up.
2) He promised a co-worker/backup DJ but he brought who we think is his son as a "helper" not an actual DJ, who was texting and on his phone during the reception.
3) The DJ interrupted our dinner 4 times to ask, what seemed to be, unnecessary questions about the evening.
4) He was very lackadaisical and flippant during our conversations at the wedding. Example: When we said we were toasting first, he TOLD us we were toasting last, and I had to correct and tell him that is not what we want to do. When we were waiting for our wedding party to be seated so we could be formally announced as husband and wife, our best man was in the bathroom and the DJ said "who cares?!" that he wasn't there or ready, and the answer is "we care." it was rude and off-putting.
5) We had a surprise first dance that was nontraditional and no one knew we had been working on it except for our DJ, and before the music started he announced "the couple has a surprise, non-traditional first dance for you" and then announced our song. We told him it was a surprise and we did not want him to "spill-the-beans" to our guests.
6) Right before the mother/son dance we asked him to announce that halfway through the music mothers and their sons are welcome to join on the dance floor and he never made that announcement.
The only thing we really liked was that he read the crowd well and figured out which songs had the most response from the guests, and he continued to play songs like that during the reception. But other than that, wildly unimpressed with his work.
Public Opinions Soundstage's reply:We always appreciate feedback to help us get better.
User4222782 · 2+ years ago
Hired Kevin for our wedding for 2 hours. It was Kevin and his assistant that came. We were running very short on time at the wedding so they only played for about 40 min because we asked if they could play for an additional 20 min. They asked us to make a list of songs for them to play but didn't use what we had asked and gave us attitude when we asked them why they weren't playing what we wanted. They still charged us for the extra 20 min even though they wasted 15 playing songs that we didn't pick and that people weren't dancing to. Wouldn't have minded if they didn't charge the extra time or just stuck to the playlist they asked us to do for them. I don't remember the lights being used either. Probably the easiest job they ever had plus they got free food, drinks and desserts.Sent on 07/03/2014
Public Opinions Soundstage's reply:We were hired for 2 hours (7:30-9:30 PM), where we were scheduled to show up between dinner and the reception. When we arrived things were behind schedule. On the agenda, the ceremony, pictures, and dinner were to be completed before we started. When we arrived the room was being rearranged for dinner because the ceremony had just ended. We quickly set up and started playing music a ½ hour before our hired start time (7:00 PM) at no charge. We checked in and followed up with the bride and groom multiple times throughout the evening, and performed all the announcing as planned or scheduled.