Psycho Cupcakes Reviews

50 | Newville, PA

50 Reviews for Psycho Cupcakes

Sarayna · Married on 09/16/2017

Our recent wedding had around 230 cupcakes from Psycho for ~130 guests and not surprisingly very few cupcakes were left at the end of the wedding, which speaks volumes about their quality and taste! Nicole was very helpful in selecting flavors and making a small naked cake for us to fit our cupcake stand. We also appreciated her professionalism at our initial tasting event. Thanks so much for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 10/05/2017
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding cake looked lovely and tasted delicious (particularly the cream cheese icing). Even though Nicole was headed out of town, she fit in our somewhat last minute request for a wedding cake and organized a pick up time that worked for all of us.

Sent on 09/06/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/06/2017

We worked with Nicole at Psycho Cupcakes for our wedding. From the time we did our initial tasting to the day of our wedding she was amazing to work with, not to mention her baking skills are superb! The cupcakes tasted great, were decorated beautifully and everyone loved them (my mother-in-law took home a whole plate for herself!). Thank you so much for all your hard work! We so appreciate it!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Traci · Married on 03/31/2017

Loved the cupcakes at the store then decided Psycho Cupcakes was for us. Had a Birthday Cake done from there also that turned out Fabulous. Our Wedding Cake was more than expected and exactly what we wanted all at the same time.

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/14/2016

Wonderful service! Beautiful results, and most importantly - delicious! She even made a mini version of the cake to freeze for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband first had Psycho cupcakes at a disc golf event and came home having made his first contribution to the wedding! We loved that Psycho cupcakes let us have various flavors for our guests to enjoy. They were beautiful and delicious!! After the initial booking Psycho Cupcakes as a vendor, everything was executed flawlessly with minimal effort from us.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Jess · Married on 09/17/2016

Still Awesome almost 3 years later

So.. I'm bad about writing reviews... and writing them on time... but this one is completely worth it. We had the cranberry zest cake and it was to die for. I have guests still tell me this was the best wedding cake they've ever tasted and I have to agree. Everything was beautifully decorated and was stunning on the table with the lights and copper decorations. My mom even had them make me a sugar skull 30th birthday cake. Seriously, go for them DO IT!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Kimberly · Married on 10/31/2015

Professional and personable. Also an absolutely beautiful and delicious cake and fun desserts for my perfect day! AND affordable. Psycho Cupcakes is perfect for your sweet tooth needs!!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/24/2015

Delicious and Affordable!

We chose Psycho Cupcakes for our wedding cake because a couple of friends had told us how delicious their cupcakes were. We checked them out and were immediately sold after a tasting! We loved working with the team and they were super affordable for the amazing quality. I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/10/2019

Brianne · Married on 10/25/2014

I searched for a Baker for almost 3 weeks that would confidently take on the design we wanted for our wedding cake. We wanted different flavors of icing in our 'naked' cake and the team at Psycho Cupcakes did outstanding! In fact, I had a piece of our cake the week after and it was just as moist as our wedding night♡ they were fun and excited to take care of us and their workmanship was almost identical to the photo we shared! The guests raved about the beauty and uniqueness of our cake! Perfection! ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ (5 starts isn't enough!)

Sent on 11/18/2014

Linda · Married on 09/26/2014

The cake and cupcakes provided for my daughter's wedding were wonderful. Most folks took the cupcakes home since here was so much food but called or texted me later to say how moist and yummy the cupcakes were and some did not eat them for a few days. My daughter got the flavors that her and her finance wanted and everyone was happy. The set up was gorgeous and fit in with her theme of the wedding. Thank you for an excellent job and I would recommend you to anyone having a event.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Susie · Married on 10/26/2013

We selected this bakery without much background information other than buying some of their cupcakes, talking to Nicole and the staff, looking through their books and attending a cake tasting. This is our new favorite bakery and we would highly recommend them to anyone!! They were amazing. They offered unique flavors, which gave us the opportunity to do something traditional with the main wedding cake and something fun for a groom's cake. Other than the cake itself just being so good that you don't want to drop a crumb, their decorating skills were top notch. We wanted a spooky cake for the groom's cake since we love Halloween and the wedding was a few days before. It was more than we could have ever imagined....truly a work of art. Our guests couldn't stop talking about it. Nicole was full of great ideas and we let them work their magic and creativity without being sure of what to expect. What a talented crew. They were also very professional, friendly and flexible when we had to make some minor last minute changes to the order. The cakes arrived on time and most importantly, in one piece. An excellent value for this type of event also. We can't wait until we get to visit them again.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Sherrie · event on: 10/19/2013

I got this cake for my mother's 60th birthday party. I have to say I am so amazed! Psycho Cupcakes in Mechanicsburg PA did FABLOUS job! They took my ideas and made it into reality. They have my business for life. Their cake was so delicious too! So happy words cannot describe.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Kendra · Married on 10/05/2013

The team at Psycho Cupcakes was amazing, and the cupcakes were so delicious. We got so many compliments on the unique flavors and taste of the cupcakes. we were very pleased!

Loren · Married on 08/03/2013

Our cake was delicious and exactly what we wanted

Sent on 11/20/2013

Psycho Cupcakes was great to work with. The taste was amazing, and the cupcake tower looked great. Would definitely recommend them for a special occasion.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Sara · Married on 05/04/2013

Nicole and her husband did a wonderful job with our cupcakes and 6" round cutting cake-- any vendor that goes the extra mile in making meringue- based buttercream is a vendor that knows quality and taste is priority. They were very responsive from initial contact and throughout the process. Their delivery was on time and they set up the cakes as requested. I recommend them for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Ashley · Getting married on 03/04/2022

She's done my my daughters birthday party 2 years in a row and always nails exactly what I want. And they don't just look pretty they taste amazing! I recommended the strawberry cupcake and the mint chocolate chip! They are by far the best cupcakes I've ever had. Only place I go to if I get a craving for cake.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2013

Psycho Cupcakes made a gorgeous and delicious cake for my wedding. I highly recommend them!

Derek · Married on 09/23/2017

3.0

Awesome experience, we used psycho for our baby shower and wedding cake I'm pretty sure we'll be in touch for any future baking needs.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Tania · Married on 09/07/2013

3.0
      3.5

I would love to give Nicole & Psycho Cupcakes a higher review, but there are a few reasons I can't. The cake was very good (although the chocolate caramel could have used more caramel...couldn't really tell it wasn't just a chocolate cake), and priced well for the sheet cakes. While I understand it might be a simple mistake to forget to put the cake topper on, which was in her possession, the correct fix (since my coordinator picked up the cake in the first place and they didn't have to deliver) would have been to drive to my house where the wedding was & put the cake topper on herself. Instead - she only offered to meet a neighbor halfway to give it to her...we weren't exactly prepared for doing it & the only thing my neighbor found to use underneath it (it was pewter and couldn't sit directly on the cake) was a coffee lid. Not the way I imagined it. If she had done it orignally or driven to my house to fix her mistake, I'm sure it would have looked MUCH better. Since that's the most major thing that went wrong, I wasn't going to stress over it - however, there is a right way to do business and fix your mistakes & that was not it. Her cupcakes are awesome though & I will use them again for that or simple birthday cakes.

Sent on 10/22/2013

1.5

First, I am reviewing the company BEFORE it was bought by psycho cupcakes, while it was still Specialty Cakes and Sweets. While the cake was beautiful, delicious and a good price, they completely forgot to put the cake topper on the cake once they delivered it! (The cake topper I made and spent HOURS perfecting). Although it didn't change how great our wedding day was, it was still very disappointing and now every time I see a picture of our wedding cake, I just think of how the cake topper was sitting in their company van because they forgot! I still wonder how a cake company which delivers wedding cakes weekly, if not daily, can forget the traditional cake topper. Hopefully the new owner doesn't make the same mistake.

Sent on 05/31/2013
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/01/2013

3.2
      1.5
      2.0

My husband & I were able to get a good deal on our cake. It was actually a part of our wedding package provided by the hotel. They were able to do the simple decorations we asked as long as we provided the few materials. They did not charge any extra which was also nice. The only problem we had was the overcharging for the basic white cake. I was able to catch the error & fix it before the wedding day & they were very understandable as well.

Sent on 09/13/2013
  • User3205887 · 2+ years ago

2.4
      2.5

Overall, this bakery did not provide the decorating work that was discussed with us when we signed the contract. We were never told that we would be receiving something different than what was discussed with us during our appointment - that was our surprise when we walked into our wedding reception. Also the bakery did not leave a box for the cake when it was delivered.

When we contacted the bakery to discuss our disappointment and our confusion about why changes were made to our cake, the bakery did not offer any kind of refund, coupon, or anything to resolve the dissatisfaction.

It’s always a gamble when you have to pay a vendor a head of time before you are able to see the final product. A wedding cake is not cheap and you only get one. Make sure your baker is clear about what they are going to provide for the amount you are paying them.

Sent on 04/27/2013

0.8
      0.0
      1.0

I had booked the previous vendor (Specialty Cakes and Sweets) to make our wedding cake. They had been bought out by this new company. I had booked them thinking they would return great service as the other company had, this was not the case with the new owners. No one had contacted us to let us know that the business had been sold. We only found out because we went to the place to ask a question. We did have a sit down with Nicole and explained what we wanted in the cake and she agreed to honor the previous owners prices, which was great. Come to find out our cake was not going to be the size that we thought it was going to be and we didn't think we would have enough cake to feed everyone. We had contacted her with our concerns and she did not get back to us for 2 weeks or so. Instead of correcting the situation and not making us pay more to make the cakes a little bigger she charged us an arm and a leg. I had already paid over 500 and she wanted to tack on another 100-200 dollars for adding like an inch to each layer. We had also contacted them one time and we were told "She couldn't answer the phone because she was in baking mode." She never returned our call. On the day of the wedding, we received a cake from her. The cake tasted awful almost like it was spoiled. We ended up throwing over half the cake away. The buttercream left a scummy feeling in your mouth. She did not listen to the decorating that I wanted. I somehow ended up with colors on my cake that were not even in the wedding. Also, the flowers looked like a 5 year old made them. I had contacted her to explain my disappointment and that I was upset and nothing was said or a returned.

Sent on 07/13/2013