26 Reviews for Provence Catering

Open Bar (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
26 Provence Catering Reviews

Pam and the whole Provence team was amazing! From start to the finish they made sure our wedding was nothing but PERFECT! Pam responded to my e-mails, phone calls, and questions right away! There is no enough I can say about Pam and her team at Provence.

We planned the whole time to have our wedding outside of the Barn at Lochwood. The day of our wedding was cloudy and very windy before I had gotten to the venue everyone thought it would be best to move our ceremony inside. maybe 30 minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle Pam saw the sun shining and the wind had died down and pulled out all the chairs, and the table that they served Champagne, sweet tea and lemonade at and made sure we were able to have our ceremony outside which made our day that more perfect!

Now on to the food and service of the waitstaff. The food was absolutely amazing! My Husband and I have had so many of our guest tell us that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Everything was delicious, from the food at cocktail hour, to our Bbq style dinner, to our yummy cake and s'mores and caramelized apple bar! The bartenders were fun and lively and the servers made sure everyone had what they needed. We had a buffet style wedding, with a smores bar and caramelized apple bar, which all the tables were set up so gorgeously!

We could not be happier to have chosen to work with Pam and her whole Provence team, We wish we could give them more than five stars!

Profile Picture Mary pat, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

Our 9/24/16 wedding could not be beat, thanks to Provence! A+ customer service, very prepared & helpful throughout the entire planning process! Genuinely care about making your big day a hit!

Profile Picture Elyse, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pam and her team were such a huge help in planning our wedding - not only the food portion, but with the layout and set up of our venue. She really helped guide us in the right direction with decision making and was always accessible to answer any questions we had or advice we needed.
And, the food turned out AMAZING - we had and still get so many compliments on how great the food was....especially the cake!!! The cake was truly amazing - Pam and her team 100% replicated my vision!!!

Profile Picture Allyson, 5/14/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian

The Provence team was a joy to work with throughout our wedding planning process. We planned our wedding from out of town and the coordinator (Elexis) made it completely manageable. The food was amazing (we had a buffet) and we received many compliments from our guests about how happy they were with the quality and selection of the food. There were a wide variety of options to choose from and Elexis even made sure to make my husband and I a plate to ensure that we were able to enjoy the food as well. Our chairs/tables/linens rentals were handled by Provence as well and there were many different styles to choose from. The staff was extremely flexible when we ran into inclement weather (both with a snow storm for our tasting and cold/rainy weather for our ceremony). They were accommodating when we needed to switch the ceremony indoors and listened to our requests on the fly when we had to make quick decisions about changing to an indoor set-up. The staff the day of the ceremony were very helpful and several guests mentioned how much they enjoyed the bartenders and waiters. Provence helped make our wedding day amazing and made a potentially stressful process a fun one.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an excellent experience with Provence Catering. They were extremely helpful in designing our menu and very flexible with changes and special needs. The food was great and the wait staff was exceptional. They helped to set up the reception perfectly and our guests were 'wowed' by the beautiful tables. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff and how well they took care of our guests.

Profile Picture User5298640, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Pam Horowitz of Provence Catering is an exceptionally talented chef and planner who has a broad knowledge of the wedding and party market in the region. She was immediately able to identify our desire for a casually elegant affair and dealt with a unique venue (a working equestrian farm that never hosted a wedding) with ease. Her flair for presentation was evident throughout the party and the food and cocktail hour earned rave reviews from our discriminating guests. Her naked carrot cake was a masterpiece and everyone enjoyed the dessert table and homemade pies. Most of all, the servers were well-trained, intelligent and very accommodating. We would use Pam's firm for any party we would throw in the future.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pam and her staff were amazing. She took our basic menu suggestions and created a perfect menu for our occasion which included perfect food items which matched our tastes. We wanted to make food and especially the hors d'oeuvres a focal point for our wedding. They also incorporated our specialty cocktails/beers and ensured the foods matched well.

Pam and her staff pulled this off perfectly!!

The wait staff was excellent and ensured all our guests had the perfect time.

Profile Picture User3887199, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Pam and her team. No matter what we requested or what came up, they went with the flow and made things happen to make our wedding day all that we wanted it to be and more! Our food was delicious and Pam's vision for the day helped make our day better than we ever expected. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests on how delicious the food was. We enjoyed Pam's creativeness, giftedness in culinary arts and personality. Pam and her staff did an excellent job not only giving us a delicious menu, but made our venue look incredible!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/23/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Can't say enough good things about Pam and Provence Catering. Best wedding food we have ever had. Received many good comments. No negatives. Would give more stars if I could!

Profile Picture Daileen, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I am not likely to give a 5 out of 5 on anything, really, as I have extremely high standards and know exactly what I want. Provence Catering deserves the 5 out of 5 stars in ALL categories because they exceeded our expectation in every single way. Chef Pamela is talented, professional and always assertive; her team, worked very hard to uphold those exact standards and anticipated everything that needed to be done... before it needed to be done. Those qualities are hard to come by with any service (especially for a wedding) but Provence made everything easy, organic and absolutely wonderful. Chef Pamela was accessible, flexible, concise with attention to detail, respectful of our choices and most importantly accommodating to all of our needs. The cake was BEAUTIFUL, food was DELICIOUS and set up was PERFECTION. The success of our big day is truly owed to Provence, Chef Pamela and her team. We are eager to plan something, anything else, just to use Provence again!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Provence Catering was amazing and efficient at our June 29th wedding at the Grounds for Sculpture. Our guests loved our food and the staff was great!

Profile Picture Stacie, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Wow! Completely blown away by both the food and the service staff at Provence Catering. I have been fielding calls for the last few days since my wedding - "who did your food? it was incredible!" "everything looked so nice!" "the service staff was so professional and friendly!"

I have to admit I was a difficult bride - I live in Colorado and was getting married in the Philadelphia area. My husband and I had a very specific vision of what we wanted and we requested some unusual menu items. Provence managed to pull everything together in a seamless way that made everything very easy on my fiance and I and brought our vision to life. Pam at Provence understood exactly what we were looking for and how to execute it in a way that was both sophisticated and warm, ensuring everyone felt welcome and at ease. Our crowd contained everyone from C-suite executives to "meat and potatoes" types, and everyone felt at home and found something delicious to eat.

The service staff was amazing. Carlton and Ron were our bartenders, and we had a large drinking crowd. They ensured everyone had what they needed and kept the lines moving. The service staff was professional and not intrusive - they asked before clearing plates and the kids got a big kick out of being treated like adults by the service staff. Truly exceptional service.

The brisket was to DIE for. I am eating leftovers 4 days later and it is STILL spectacular.

Organized, professional, flexible, friendly, and cohesive would be the best way to describe my experience with Provence. I would never choose another high-end caterer to do any event in the Philadelphia region again!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/4/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I don't even know where to start the praises for Pam and Provence. From the start, Pam was on the ball, completely responsive all the time and wanted to tailor the entire day to what my husband and I wanted. She met us and my parents and completely made my vision come to life from day one. Because of the place, I needed to get rental furniture/plates/glasses/etc from her as well. She sat down and made the entire process as easy as ever! She is so detail-oriented and knowledgable about what people like and ways to make our day special.

The food was top notch. Everything was customizable and we ended up having a big cocktail party with stations that were open for a few hours so people could eat when they wanted. I couldn't ask for more positive feedback on the food and since I actually made time to eat (her staff is very attentive and made my husband and I a plate) I can atest to the fact that the food was out of this world!

If you want an awesome party, awesome food and work with awesome people...Provence is your caterer

Profile Picture Gina, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pam Horowitz of Provence gets it right becasue she listens. She has an uncanny nack of discoverying what is important to each of the participants and streering them to results that are not compromisezes but even better ideas. She take time with you. Our preview dinner lasted hours and she took copius notes of what we liked and didn't like. We never had to tell her something tiwice. She returned calls and emails the same day, often within minutes. Her food recommendations were creative, wonderfully presented and delicious. Her staff is experienced and professional. She never pushed us to go beyond our budget and was insightful in helping us achieve those aspects of the day that were most important within that budget. Day of the reception she was there until the last guest left. She coordinated seamlessly with the other vendors. She made our daughter's wedding reception everything we wanted.

Profile Picture Bob, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My wife and I had met with several caterers as we were planning our wedding day. Chef Pam and Provence catering were the ONLY ones to take into consideration what we wanted. She incorporated everything that we had discussed even things that were not food related. She made planning that part of our wedding very easy. On the day of, her staff was amazing. Our personal server, Ron, was on top of everything and ensured that we had an opportunity to try everything even though we were very busy. Even now, 2 months later, we are still hearing about how great the food and service was at our wedding. Thank you Provence Catering and a big THANK YOU to Chef Pam!!!! We plan on using Provence and Chef Pam for all of our catering needs in the future and we highly recommend others do the same!

Profile Picture Richard, 5/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used Provence Catering after hearing great reviews by someone who uses them all the time. I have to admit I am a bit of a food snob and was not keen on using a catering service at all because I am never satisfied with the food. I too was impressed with Pam and what she had to offer in terms of service. She researched our difficult theme and prepared a menu that was spot on. She replied to request and questions in a great time frame. At the event we required a chef and servers and they to exceeded our expectations. They were friendly and kept all of the guest happy and full. When speaking of cost, it is important to put things in prospective. You pay for what you get! When reflecting on everything now the cost of the event was relatively low for the service and quality of food that was prepared. I highly recommend the company and look forward to using them for future events.

Profile Picture Jesse, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From our first meeting with Pam, we knew that Provence would be the front runner as our caterer. Pam spent two hours with us discussing our vision for our wedding, our food preferences, offering vendor recommendations, and just getting to know us. This attention to detail and making it about us continued for the next eight months leading up to our wedding. Every email, phone call, or question was answered promptly and with consideration. And the plan was executed perfectly! We had cocktail hour with food stations and butlered hors d’oeuvres, followed by a sit down dinner. Our guests were raving about the food. Everything was delicious and there was plenty. The service staff was wonderful and efficient. We couldn’t have asked for anymore from a caterer. Provence was amazing, and they made our day that much more special!

Profile Picture Mindy, 7/24/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone at Provence Catering made my wedding day absolutely perfect! The food was fabulous and they all made sure that I was where I was supposed to be, that I always had enough to eat and drink, and that all my guests were taken care of. I was absolutely impressed and am very grateful for the wonderful work they did!

Profile Picture Sue, 2/21/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Three weeks after our wedding, our guests are still talking about the fabulous food served at our wedding.

Working with Pam & her team was really easy, as she was accommodating and put no limits on anything. At the start of the planning process, we were given a sample menu, but told that she & her chefs could prepare whatever we wanted. My husband and I developed a customized menu and Pam's team prepared, served, and plated everything beautifully. All of the food was delicious. Hors doevres were plentiful, the three-course meal was so tasty, and the dessert spread had guests going back for seconds and thirds.

We provided the alcohol for our reception, and Pam was really helpful in giving us guidelines for quantities based on our headcount, as we had no idea how much to purchase.

Provence also baked our wedding cake, which was gorgeous, not to mention delicious.

We worked with Provence to secure some of our rentals (chairs, linens, dishes, etc.), and everything was perfect at the wedding. Pam's assistant was a huge help in determining what we needed and making sure it was reserved well ahead of time. Without her guidance, I would have been totally lost.

Their staff of servers and bartenders was awesome. They were efficient, fast, professional, and friendly and talkative, which was happily noted by many guests.

I am very happy that Provence had a major hand in making our wedding spectacular. I was so pleased with all of their hard work throughout the entire planning process and on our wedding day.

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/25/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

It's a wonderful feeling after a wedding to be so completely happy with the caterer --- food and service! We were happy as hosts, and we received glowing compliments about the food from our guests! Several of them said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. Provence Catering was superb. Pam was very attentive to the particular details we requested, and very helpful with menu suggestions, and logistical suggestions, when we needed guidance. I would use Provence again, if I have another event to host, and I hope to experience Pam's food as a guest at events I might attend!

Profile Picture Martha, 10/23/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our experience with Provence Catering was fantastic. As someone that works in banquets and handles weddings all the time, i knew exactly what i wanted for my own wedding. My wife and I were very specific about the menu and Provence hit it out of the park. They even helped get us a whole pig from another company to make sure we had everything we wanted. Everything we had at the tasting was actually better the day of the wedding. Alexis was a huge help finalizing the details and making sure we were happy all through our wedding. When the food was ready, she made us a few plates to make sure we had food while we were going to each table and enjoying our wedding. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone else planning a wedding or any event.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 6/6/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Pam and her team made delicious food that was talked about by all of our guests. She helped to create custom menu for us taking into account our personalities, love for food, and the season. She strives to make your day the perfect day that it should be.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
3.6

I want to start off by saying the food was very good, however we personally ran into a few issues unrelated to the food itself. Dinner service was delayed, not exactly sure why it was delayed however we did smell burning coming from the staging area assuming there was an issue in the kitchen. This was ok things happen and dinner ended up being delicious. However, There were a few other issues that still resinate with me over a year later, one issue being the pams husband made rude comments to the bride, something along the lines of "there is one pissed off bride" when she arrived, which was very unprofessional to say on a brides big day. The bridesmaids were told they could get ready at the barn the morning of the wedding, but upon arriving were told rooms were needed for storage. They did get ready in those rooms after all however comminication was poor, this was the apparent reason for the "pissed off bride" comment. During cocktail hour comments to the groom were made that guests were throwing cigarette butts in the grass and that we wouldn't get our security deposit back if it continued when in fact it was from the wedding the night before. The groom later found out upon arriving to the barn the morning of the wedding the bride/grooms mothers picked up trash and cigarette butts left in the grass from the wedding the night before where cocktail hour would be held. All this being said, they may have been working out the kinks as they were new to the wedding venue however in my opinion there is no room for rude comments to the bride on her wedding day. I must say the food aspect of it all was delicious and well done.

Profile Picture User6232669, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
2.9

Upon originally selecting Provence as our caterer, we met with Chef Pam, who is in charge of her catering company. Very sociable & knowledgeable in her art, we received a wonderful tour of our venue and were explained how the catering end is run. Throughout the wedding planning process, however, we found ourselves communicating with Pam, and multiple others which we hadn't met. Communication was poor, as points were missed and requests were forgotten. We can say that response to emails was prompt, however. There were times where previous set decisions such as time of rehearsal were set, then days prior an email was sent to us saying we needed to speak with the bridal party having a wedding the night before us to pick a time. We found that very unprofessional. Additionally, on our wedding day the bride arrived to the site after being guaranteed she'd have the venue rooms to herself and bridesmaids, to find a mother and daughter waiting in the room for a tour with Pam. Their tour was set for 1pm, which was the time we were told we were allowed in. Additionally, Pam was 30 mins late for their tour, which resulted in them sitting with our bridal party, on our wedding day, waiting for a tour. We had a wonderful experience with Pam's staff - the bartenders, wait staff, and her immediate assistants Elexis & Caitlin. The food as well was delicious at our wedding. Overall, the assistive staff for Provence was wonderful to deal with, however we feel that maybe Pam would best be suited to stay with catering focus only, and allow the wedding planning to an additional person.

Profile Picture User4619632, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews