Professional Parties DJ Service Reviews

41 | Portland, OR

41 Reviews for Professional Parties DJ Service

julie · Married on 09/27/2014

Lets see there is so much I can say about Andy and his wife Wendy they are great people friendly great to be around fun and boy can they throw a great party. Andy D.J my wedding and I am so so glad i picked him I would defanately hire him again and if you want your party to be awesome I recommend him highly.I will defantely hire him again if I ever need a D.J you wont be disappointed he listens to what you want and he makes it happen please trust me when I say Andy and his wife Are awesome GREAT AND WONDERFUL JOB ANDY A++++++++Husband also said they made our day very special and I agree 110%

Sent on 10/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/15/2014

Andy with Professional Parties DJ Service was awesome to work with. He was very flexible with his hours and made our night a great one. We weren't going to use a DJ for our wedding but once I met with Andy he made everything work out great and ran the show! If you are looking for a great DJ he is the one to go to!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Katie · Married on 08/02/2014

DJ Andy was and is amazing!! He met with us before the ceremony and came to the rehearsal. Because of him, I did not need a day of wedding coordinator. He helped us create a timeline and he kept us on schedule! We didn't have to worry about a thing. We felt relaxed and calm the whole day, because we knew that Andy would follow the timeline that we created together. He had great ideas for how to organize the day and song choices. Our whole day was flawless and he helped everything flow smoothly. Music was great and exactly what we asked for!! Highly recommend him!!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Bob · Married on 07/05/2014

Andy was and is awesome to work with. My wife new Andy though her old job years ago and recommended him immediately once we got engaged. Once you hire Andy, which you should without a doubt, you can cross DJ of your list of things to worry about. Andy is much more than just a DJ, he is the MC of your entire event. He coordinates what is happening and when. He controls everything and you are in good hands with him. He has done thousands of events and has years of experience. Everything ran smooth with him at the controls. He has all of his own high end gear and it's flawless. He is professional, hard working, knowledgeable, and affordable. No question you should hire Andy for any event you have.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Caity · Married on 05/31/2014

Andy was WONDERFUL. He truly brought our wedding dream to life. He was engaged, energetic, funny, and got the guests dancing and in the party mood. He helped us remain on schedule and did so in a way that wasn't invasive.

Brian and I are an odd couple and we had some unique ideas about song choices. Andy was flexible with some of our odd song/mash up requests (hello, over the rainbow mixed with Pantera anybody?!) and brought enthusiasm to our vision.

Many of our wedding guests complimented Andy and were truly impressed with his skills. We've had DJs at other events, and usually the result is lackluster, but Andy is a really engaging and fun DJ. He definitely brought the life to the party. It was one of the best weddings many people had been to!

He also handled Drunk Uncle very well, who was becoming obnoxious. Andy was patient and professional with him and it was much appreciated.

We can't recommend Andy highly enough--he was definitely a big part of our big day and we are so appreciative of his services.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Terri · event on 10/19/2013

Andy! You rocked it. The LLS fundraising event is both a time to celebrate and a time to remember. You offer us the right combination of music and support to make this Light The Night event exactly right. Thanks for joining us for the night on the way to fight blood cancer. We could not do it with out you.

Sent on 10/22/2013

nikki · Married on 10/12/2013

Andy was amazing! Not only did he show up early the day of to coordinate with other musicians for the ceremony, but he came to the rehearsal the night before, as well. We weren't using a wedding planner/coordinator and he helped with how to figure out who goes where and when, (pretty much all the details of the ceremony). He mixed two songs for us that we wanted to be part original and part cover. He made me not have to stress about anything the had to do with him, and beyond. He made sure everything with the reception went according to plan and was an awesome MC for the entire night. He absolutely rocked, and I will definitely tell anyone I know who is getting married about him.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Doris · Married on 09/07/2013

Andy made the event happen. He kept our program moving & was never the center of attention. His announcements kept the guests informed when it was time to move from one venue to another. Bridal dances, toasts, cake cutting, etc. were executed timely. Our group is a dancing group & Andy was a big part of the music selection. Music selections for the ceremony, cocktail hour, background music during dinner were discussed ahead of time & were exactly what we wanted. Once the dance party started songs began with selections that all ages could dance to & ended the evening with all the current dances. The dance floor was never empty. Once you lose your dancing crowd the party is over. We danced to the end of the evening. Very easy to work with. I would highly recommend MOB- Doris Lovato

Sent on 09/13/2013

Christina · Married on 09/01/2013

DJ Andy G was amazing to work with. He helped us pick the wedding ceremony music and all of the reception music. He was incredibly helpful and a total professional to work with. He set the tone at the beginning of the reception and kept the ball rolling all night. We have heard from several of our friends that the music and dancing was some of the best they have ever been a part of. Andy G worked the crowd the whole night and got everyone to participate. He did this with much grace. He followed our schedule very closely and helped keep the timeline solid. He is very talented at transitions from ceremony to reception, dinner to dancing, etc. He was truly incredible to work with and we cannot thank him enough for making our special day perfect. We had our wedding out of state and Andy helped us in so many different ways. Thanks again Andy, you are a total pro! ~Christina and Ben

Sent on 10/02/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/02/2013

DJ Andy was great! We loved having him as our DJ at our wedding - he did a fantastic job and was super fun!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Julia · Married on 07/13/2013

I was extremely satisfied with Andy's works on our wedding day. He played everything we wanted and also had good suggestions. I met with him twice before the wedding and he even came to the wedding rehearsal to make sure we were on track with everything. We checked prices with other DJs who were less friendly and quoted us more. So glad we went with Professional Parties. Thanks Andy!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

We are so glad that we chose Andy Gilbert for our wedding! He was extremely helpful during the planning process, suggesting songs that we might like (or dislike!) and encouraging us to organize our wedding day timeline per his recommendations since he had so much experience at the venue. He was professional and responsive to my many questions and last minute changes. Andy was punctual and went out of his way to attend our rehearsal, even though it was not at a convenient time. I would definitely say that his services are well worth the price he charges. I would without a doubt recommend Professional Parties to anyone who wants a DJ who knows how to throw a good party while making everyone (young and old) feel welcome at the party! Thank you, Andy!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Nate & Chrissy · Married on 06/08/2013

We highly recommend Andy, he did an amazing job on our wedding and played exactly what we asked for. He made sure everything went smoothly. Andy is your go to guy!

Sent on 06/29/2013

Katie and Benjamin · Married on 05/18/2013

Normally, I don't like to give five stars but Andy was great. He met with us several time before the wedding and we truly felt like he listened to our needs and wants to make for a great event. He came to the rehearsal and to the church the next day. He was great the entire time but where he really shone was at the reception.

He kept everything moving smoothly, through speeches, and even got us into the buffet line first so we could eat while everyone else was in line. He got everyone to dance, had stuff for the kids before the event to listen and dance to.

We could not have been happier with the results. I feel like my review does not do him justice in the way we could. I could not have asked for a better result from our DJ.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Nerizza · Married on 04/20/2013

This review is very late since I did get married on April 20, 2013. What can I say about DJ Andy... He is the best DJ anyone can have at their wedding or any special event you have. He is not just a DJ but someone/friend that will help you out with everything you need. He was there for my husband and I from the very beginning. Any music choice we wanted, he made sure that the right placement of the music was what we wanted. He didn't stop until we were satisfied. And I can't even thank him enough for all the things he did the day of our wedding. He was our coordinator also! Our guests were happy with all the music he played. I can go on and on... there are just not enough words to describe his service. You will just need to find out for yourself. You will not be disappointed! I recommend DJ Andy for all your music needs.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Kurt · event on 04/06/2013

Andy at Professional Parties is truly a pro. My wife was having her 50th birthday party at our downtown stereo shop and nervous that the crowd wouldn't get moving and dancing. Andy brought them up slowly and had everyone on the dance floor for hours until midnight. His music selections were so good that I asked him for some Cds of the music. Yes, he delivered me 6 Cds of the nights music! I'd recommend grabbing Andy for any important event because he'll handle it smoothly, professionally and, most of all, make it fun.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Andy was outstanding! He was organized, professional and packed the dance floor from the first dance until they booted us out! Andy met with us in advance and helped guide our music selection while preserving our respective musical tastes.

Sent on 03/01/2013

Jaret · Married on 11/10/2012

I called 5 different DJs online and they were all unprofessional, and I lost all hope on finding a DJ. Then I found Andy, and OMG he was everything I hoped for in a DJ he treated us like family, and fit are personality very well, and was the cruise director of our wedding. He felt out the crowd, and made are wedding a huge success. You are crazy not to hire this guy for a party or a wedding. Andy I want to thank you again we love you. From the new DeMello family :)

Sent on 11/13/2012

Professional Parties DJ Service's reply:

Your wedding was so much fun, and you two were a JOY to work with. I really hope we get to see each other again at some of your friends weddings!

Josh · Married on 09/01/2012

Andy is a master- not only did I hear a ton of compliments on the music and the whole flow, but I found myself thinking that if I had dj'd my own wedding, it would have been virtually identical- EXACTLY what I wanted. And beyond the music, Andy's sense of timing and guest engagement was amazing- he read the crowd perfectly, was understated (we asked him to be) and yet fun. I will hire him for any and all events in the future.

Andy's wife Wendy was also on hand to help coordinate, and the day would not have gone nearly as smoothly without her direction. People were shocked when we let them know that this isn't her day job. Not only did she even drive a few guests home when taxis were taking too long, but I overheard someone sunday morning saying how amazing it was when they asked her if she had any advil and she responded with a choice of headache medicines!

You both were a huge part of our dream wedding coming true. Thank you.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Keela · Married on 08/10/2012

Thank you so much for everything! You did such a wonderful job keeping everything on track, even though I kept losing track of time, haha. The music was perfect, the dancing was perfect, the toasting was perfect, the WEATHER was perfect. I honestly don't think I could have asked for a better day. I also really, really appreciate you taking time out of your day to attend our Rehearsal as well, I don't know other DJs that would include that with their packaging, but it was great that you got to meet everyone before hand and speak a bit with our officiant to tie up any loose ends. You definitely have one VERY satisfied Bride and Groom and will recommend you in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/02/2012

Heather · Married on 05/26/2012

What can I say?? He was the life of the party! Andy was awesome. He kept the flow of the reception going very well. We danced all night long. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a DJ for any occasion.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2011

Andy was an extremely important part of Devin & Perri's day! He knew and kept us on the timeline, music choice was perfect, not too loud and not too soft when appropiate, kept party atmosphere going and made sure all guests, no matter the age, were having fun. I can't say enough. Many guests have also complimented the DJ. Andy is worth every penny and you will not regret hiring him.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Amy · Married on 09/04/2011

Andy was WONDERFUL at our wedding! Im still hearing great things about our DJ from our guests. At first my husband and I were worried that he was going to be a cheesy DJ, like all other DJ's we have seen; however Andy was awesome! We had no reason to be worried! He picked great music for our cocktail hour and throughout the reception. He even assisted my mother in law with our flash mob! Not to mention he is affordable too!

Sent on 09/22/2011

Erin · Married on 08/27/2011

Andy is a fabulous DJ! He made my reception flow so well! From the music during cocktail hour until the last dance, everything was perfect. My husband and I had a set list of songs we wanted played, and Andy played them all as well as some other great songs he added in. It was so wonderful to hear our favorites played and really made the night special. Andy has a great personality and attitude! From the first time I talked to him on the phone he was upbeat and excited to be a part of our special day and he brought that energetic attitude to the wedding. I would recommend him to any bride and groom planning their reception. All of our guests commented on the great music and fun DJ! I would definitely hire him again. He has such a great presence and you can tell he loves his job. Thanks Andy!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Rachel · Married on 08/14/2011

Andy was great to work with. He met with us multiple times before the wedding to go through all of the details and when our wedding day came he had the whole thing down pat. He had the dance floor hopping the entire time which is not easy in the afternoon. Andy was great and kept the entire program moving all day. Our friends are already looking at having Andy for their wedding next summer :)

Andy, thanks for helping us celebrate our special day, we're glad you were there to make sure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 09/08/2011