Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev Reviews

88 | Algonquin, IL

88 Reviews for Professional Ministerial Services/Rent-a-Rev

Sidney · Married on 11/10/2009

You did such a great job! Everyone had such wonderful things to say.It was a beautiful day, a beautiful setting and the ceremony you performed was just perfect. We wish you and yours only the very best life has to offer. Thank you again for such a memorable day.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Nancy · Married on 11/07/2009

Reverend Jim was AWESOME..He was professional and easy to talk to. Worked with us on some unconventional things we wanted to do in our service. He also took everything we told him about how we met and what we said about eachother and made the ceremony VERY personal. It was like he'd known us for years. He made our ceremony funny and very memorable.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Sara · Married on 09/13/2009

Rev. Jim was the perfect addition to our wedding! He was super kind, funny & down to Earth! We got to meet with him prior to our wedding to go just talk with him & for us to get to know each other. He did a fantastic job trying to get me to laugh as I was balling my eyes out during our ceremony. We got many compliments after our wedding as to what an amazing job Rev. Jim did! He was an excellent addition to our wedding day! A day we will never forget!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Debbie · Married on 09/12/2009

Rev Jim was just awesome. When we first met the Reverand we knew he was the right one for our wedding by his warm personality. All my guests commenented on how personable he was and that it was the best wedding officiant they have ever seen.

Sent on 09/15/2009

Shawna · Married on 09/12/2009

Rev. Jim was amazing. We really felt like we connected with him during our first meeting. He "personalized" our ceremony and many of our wedding guests thought we knew him for years. He has a great sense of humor and really keeps the ceremony engaging and upbeat. He was also great at running the rehearsal(low key and low stress-exactly what we needed the night before our wedding). We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/08/2009

Patricia · Married on 08/16/2009

Sent on 06/12/2010

Kristin · Married on 05/24/2009

Rev. Jim is the best! He delivered an incredible ceremony, and people commented later that they thought he was our childhood pastor! He took the time to get to know us and gave a very personal service. We loved it!

Sent on 05/28/2009

Adrienne · Married on 04/04/2009

Rev. Jim was wonderful. We had a somewhat casual and unconventional service and Rev. Jim was more than "up for the challenge". His sermon was beautifully written and we felt like we had known him forever. He had the perfect blend of humor and respect. Every single one of my guests commented on how much they enjoyed the ceremony. My sister will be working with him for her upcoming wedding and i would HIGHLY recommend Rev. Jim to anyone looking for an officiant. He helped to make our day a little more special!

Sent on 04/27/2009

Shannon · Married on 04/04/2009

Rev. Jim is incredible! I recently attended a wedding with another "rental rev" type minister....while his service was nice, it was very simple. Rev Jim performed our ceremony and it was funny and VERY personal. He met with us for about an hour in the few weeks before our wedding at which time he asked us a few questions. All of our answers were incorporated into the service. Our guests were talking about our service for weeks following our ceremony! And most importantly, we had a great time! Thank you Rev Jim for a memorable wedding day!!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Joseph · Married on 03/13/2009

I would recommend him to ANYONE!

Sent on 06/11/2010

Stacie · Married on 01/30/2009

Rev. Jim was so lovely to work with. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and worked to create the ceremony we wanted from how we would like his attire to look to incorporating things into our ceremony to reflect each of our backgrounds. Our ceremony exceeded our expectations and was so warm and personal and magical. We have received so many compliments. Rev. Jim was very open to our suggestions and truly worked to give us the ceremony that we wanted. I highly reccomend him.

Sent on 04/14/2009

Susan · Married on 01/24/2009

He was amazing!! Took so much time to get to know alittle about us to incorporate tid bits of our courtship into the ceremony. Through the rehearsal and ceremony, I felt at such peace as he took the lead and carried us through each evening.

Sent on 02/06/2009

Amber · Married on 10/31/2008

Rev. Jim was so helpful! He took the time to get to know us and our personalities and walked us step by step through everything! He really took a lot of the stress out of the ceremony planning. Several of our guests commented on how much they liked him and a friend asked for contact info so he could get the Rent-A-Rev for his own wedding.

Sent on 03/21/2009

Melissa · Married on 07/19/2008

Rev. Jim Rehnberg made our ceremony very personalized and all of guests thought he was great. At the wedding we realized he had married my aunt and uncle as well! Our ceremony was very fun but sentimental, which was exactly was we wanted, and Rev. Rehnberg made sure the ceremony was characteristic of us and held the guests' attention throughout the ceremony (despite the extreme heat of the outdoor ceremony in July!). We would definitely recommend him to others.

Sent on 08/06/2008

Jason · Married on 07/11/2008

I would recommend Jim Rehnberg's service to anyone. It was THE most memorable part of our wedding day. He incorporated everything we talked about when we met him into the ceremony. It had just the right amount humor combined with the right amount of seriousness. A job well done. We will never forget it.

Sent on 08/26/2008

Connie · Married on 06/14/2008

Rev. Jim was great we recieved so many commpliments on his service, which he peronalised for us. He was willing to change things and create new traditions since that was what we wanted.

The service was great and it is easy to see why he is often booked up.

Sent on 06/22/2008

Gretchen · Married on 05/16/2008

Rev. Rehnberg is exactly what we were looking for in an officiant for our wedding. He is flexible, letting us choose what elements we wanted in our ceremony. He was also able to incorporate a few readings that I wanted in the ceremony without missing a beat. He provided humor when it was appropriate, and was serious when that was appropriate. He was definitely a joy to work with and I would recommend him to anyone who doesn't have their own pastor (and even those who do!) to officiate.

Sent on 05/20/2008

Katherine · Married on 09/29/2006

Jim was wonderful! The best part of the experience with him was that we met with him well before the wedding and he took the time to really talk to us and get to know us as individuals and as a couple, and this made our ceremony much more personal.

Sent on 08/03/2008

Erin · Married on 05/21/2005

LOVED HIM!

I am Pagan and my husband is Christian Druid...our families are Catholic and Christian. We were worried about having a ceremony that would celebrate our beliefs and would also be accepted by our families. Rev. Jim Rehnberg was amazing with that. Our vows were "truth" vows, and not your typical vows. They were very special to us. He performed a ceremony that both was exactly what we wanted spiritually, and comfortable for our families to attend! I would recommend him to ANYONE!

Sent on 08/07/2008

Anna · Married on 08/29/1998

We have used Rent-a-Rev for our wedding 10+ years ago and it was the most memorable experience. Although it was our wedding-so it should be special-Jim really made it as personable as it can be. Very professional. So when we were ready to baptize our son - who else could we call but Rev. Jim - again. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/22/2010

BRYAN · Married on 09/27/2014

We found Jim under recommendation from the Morton Arboretum's preferred vendors list.

We wanted an officiant that was a very good orator, that could speak in a way that really represented us as a unique couple in the world, all while remaining mostly non-religious.

We talked to two or three officiants for our ceremony. After talking with Jim over the phone, and then meeting with him in person, we immediately felt comfortable with him. We felt that by hiring him, our entire ceremony would be in expert hands.

We worked with Jim to put together our own unique ceremony (no cell phones or cameras, wine box ceremony, our own reading, blessing, etc.), and Jim was more than helpful and accommodating with the process.

Jim was present, prompt, and professional at our event. Everything at the event went very smoothly under his direction, and we wouldn't have wanted our ceremony to have been officiated by anyone else.

After the event, Jim processed our marriage license papers in very short order.

Book Jim as your officiant if you want the sweetest, most eloquent speaker for your ceremony, or if you want a customized, no-hassle experience.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Andrew · Married on 09/13/2014

Jim (aka Rent-a-Rev) was a blast to work with. Even though we only had two meetings with him prior to the wedding, our guests thought that he had known us for years. He did an amazing job tailoring/personalizing the ceremony to suit our styles. He's extremely professional and easy to work with - I highly recommend him to anyone who wants to add an extra sense of flair to their ceremony.

Sent on 01/22/2015

Susie · Married on 09/25/2013

I have a salon in Barrington, and oddly enough, a frequent topic of discussion is the “Rent-a-Rev.” I have more friends, clients, and family members that have found and used this man’s services…without help from me…that I can’t even keep track anymore! If you can get him….he’s the one to have! Godly, genuine, witty, and loving is ALL I continue to hear…..….HE’S THE MAN!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Angelica · Married on 09/15/2013

Reverend Jim was our officiant on our Sept 15 2013 garden wedding. We wanted an intimate ceremony and Rev Jim did just that and more. He met with us a year prior and spent hours to get to know us. I think that's what makes him different frm the others- he does not only go through the motions- he really cares about the couple that he marries and wants to give them a personal ceremony that they will remember for the rest of their lives. He also patiently guides and walks you through the entire ceremony process so you know exactly what to do. We feel blessed that we had Rev Jim as our officiant and we would highly recommend him to our family and friends. Thank you Rev Jim! - Loren and Angelica

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

I could not be more thrilled with the ceremony Rev. Jim delivered at our wedding. His words were meaningful, personal, sarcastic, romantic, wonderful and most importantly - memorable! My husband and I were looking for someone who would be able to offer us a ceremony that was non-religious, and even though Rev. Jim offers his ceremony services for any level of religious inclusion, he tailored our ceremony to focus on love and listened to my every request. He was easy to get in touch with, work with, and say the right things to calm my nerves. We met with him once several months before our ceremony and I was apprehensive at how well he would be able to get to know my husband and I in that one session, but the apprehension was for nothing. I have never heard a more personal ceremony in my life. It made us laugh and cry with inside jokes and special touches. Thank you so much for giving us the ceremony that was even better then my high expectations!
    -Ashley