Prim & Per'fect Reviews

61 | New York, NY

61 Reviews for Prim & Per'fect

Simply amazing
    Love love love her
    Want to look beautiful just hire her
    True artist :)

Sent on 12/13/2013

When I first started looking into hair and makeup and saw the insane prices, I almost decided to give up and do everything on my own. I'm so glad I didn't. Jhenelle and Krish made me and my four bridesmaids look totally killer. Each girl had a different style, and each one looked beyond gorgeous. Even when I requested extra trials because I kept changing my mind about what hairstyle I wanted, Jhenelle made it seem like it was no problem and continued to work with me on getting that perfect look.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Jackie · Married on 06/20/2015

Jhenelle Hill is a true artist. She has the gift of transforming her clients into the best and most beautiful versions of themselves. I contacted Jhenelle after reading that she did the makeup for the wedding Nene Leakes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I figured she would be booked for my wedding date but I contacted her anyways and was amazed to find out that she had availability! From the moment I met her for my hair and makeup trial I had total confidence that she would make me look phenomenal. Jhenelle and her hairstylist Marcie created incredible, glamourous looks for both me and my mother. On the day of the wedding Jhenelle and Marcie met us at our hotel room and I swear it felt like a slumber party. We played music and joked and laughed. Jhenelle totally helped calm my pre-wedding jitters. When I saw the final result I hardly recognized myself. I felt so incredibly beautiful and confident. I only wish that I could have her do my makeup everyday!

Sent on 07/07/2015
  • User4891954 · 2+ years ago

From the first consultation to the day of our wedding, Jhenelle and her glad squad were absolutely incredible! Jhenelle was so sweet throughout the whole process of planning hair and make up for me and my bridesmaids, making what could have been a stressful endeavor, completely pain-free and totally enjoyable. Yes, the fees are a bit pricey, but considering the level of professionalism and high-energy you get, it's 100% worth it.

Sent on 03/19/2015

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

Jhenelle and James were amazing! The whole team was fabulous! Though a bit more expensive than others, Jhenelle is worth every penny. She listens to what you want and does it. Her and James are sweet, fun, insanely talented. My bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law loved their looks! Highly recommend.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Casey · Married on 09/10/2016

0.4
      0.5

SHE CANCELLED THE DAY OF MY WEDDING 30 MINUTES AFTER SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. I PAID A DEPOSIT AND SHE HAS BEEN NON RESPONSIVE SINCE. HER PHONE IS DISCONNECTED. SHE IS A TOTAL SCAM AND RUINED MY WEDDING DAY. I HAD DONE A TRIAL WITH HER (AND PAID IN CASH) AND WAS SO EXCITED FOR MY WEDDING DAY. SHE HAS COMPLETELY GONE IN HIDING, I HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED A MILLION TIMES AND HAVE TO HEAR FROM HER. ALL I GOT WAS AN EMAIL THE DAY OF MY WEDDING WHEN MYSELF AND MY BRIDESMAIDS WERE ALREADY ON SITE AT THE VENUE. WE WERE LEFT WITH NO TRANSPORTATION (AS THE LIMO DROPPED US OFF TO GET READY THERE) JUST HOURS BEFORE MY WEDDING WE WERE SCRAMBLING TO FIND SOMEONE TO DO MY HAIR AND MAKEUP. MY BRIDESMAIDS DIDNT EVEN BRING MAKE UP WITH THEM!
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT JHENELLE OPERATES LIKE THIS. FOR A DAY THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE, ITS INCREDIBLE HOW HEARTLESS THIS SCAM IS.
    JHENELLE IF YOU HEAR ME, I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE ON MY REFUND.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Vonnie · Married on 10/25/2015

0.4
      0.5

Con artist. I travelled from the UK to get married in New York which was hugely expensive but something I dreamed of doing. I booked a trail and wedding day make up for me and my bridal party. I was due to have the trial on my birthday and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, she ruined my birthday and my big day. I got a message two hours prior to my appointment to tell me the company had gone bust. I couldn't contact her via phone so I went and sat in her office block for hours. The receptionist knew nothing of the business going bust!! Stay well away as she'll ruin your day and steal your money. I don't know how she can live with herself but I'm a great believer in karma and it'll get you one day!! I'd give her a big fat zero if I had the option!

Sent on 04/05/2017

0.0

I contracted this vendor for my bridal shower and wedding over a year ago. 1hr prior to my shower sent a BS message to me and disappeared offering no substitutes. She clearly is alive and well since she has been posting on social media since she disappeared on me, so she's just a fraud taking advantage of brides and clients of the tri-state area.Stay away from Prim and Per'fect and Jhenelle Hill's other aliases of Neon Fix etc.

Sent on 04/19/2016

0.0

Stay away from this vendor. Contracted with Jhenelle early as she had great reviews on this site. However, she cancelled my trial within hours of the appointment time (which was for my engagement photos) via email despite confirming with her earlier in the week and scheduling over a month in advance. She said it was a scheduling conflict and actually asked if I could reschedule my photos. Since I received that cancellation email almost two weeks ago, she has been non-responsive and unreachable by phone (as of my last phone call attempt, the number for the company was disconnected) and email. My experience with her was horrendous. I would hate for someone to go through what I went through with her - I am just grateful it all went down for just engagement photos and NOT my wedding day!

Sent on 11/10/2015

0.0

I booked Prim and Perfect for the hair and makeup for my wedding, which is due to take place in March 2016. I agreed to the price with Jhenelle and paid a deposit, with the balance to be paid on the wedding day. Two weeks after the deposit, the company took out an unauthorized amount from my bank account of about $500. I queried why this occurred and was told (after several emails) that it was an error and that the company would refund that unauthorized payment within 5-7 days. They still haven't refunded the payment, and all my calls and emails have gone unanswered. I don't even know if the company is doing my hair and make up anymore, because they won't respond. I'm pretty disappointed.

Sent on 11/01/2015

0.0

STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR! I never ever post reviews but it is important for other people to be aware.
    On the day of my best friend's wedding, she had her boyfriend? or some male call me to tell me she couldn't make it (without any other details). Within hours of having to be at the venue, I scrambled to find another makeup/hair stylist. Luckily, I live in NYC so I was able to find someone quickly. However, she REFUSED to return my deposit. My phone calls, texts, and emails went unanswered. Only, until I threatened to take her to small claims court did someone finally respond to my email and say they would return my deposit. After a week, I contacted my credit card company who returned my deposit. This vendor was a true nightmare.

Sent on 03/26/2016