Prim & Per'fect Reviews

61 | New York, NY

61 Reviews for Prim & Per'fect

Casey · Married on 10/30/2014

Jhenelle and team were amazing and did fantastic work for my City Hall wedding. I did a trial with them a couple of months prior to the wedding date and was so impressed with their work and very excited to book them for my wedding. My hair and makeup made me feel so beautiful and both were still well intact even when my husband and I landed in Paris the following morning! That's definite staying power. :-) I would highly recommend working with Prim & Per'fect for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Leigh · Married on 10/20/2014

I reached out to Jhenelle after having a make up and hair trial with a different artist that really disappointed me. Jhenelle was the best thing that ever happened to my wedding planning! She was able to capture exactly what I was looking for with my make up and really understood how to make my face glow on my wedding day. For hair, I was not satisfied with the first go-around of my hair trial so Jhenelle was kind enough to have me in once more to work with one of her stylists, James, to find the best hair style for my big day. James and I clicked instantly and I loved the hair style we ended up deciding upon.
    On my wedding day Jhenelle and James showed up very promptly and were very professional. They made myself, my mom, and my husbands mother and sister look great and I am so thankful for that! Thanks to Jhenelle, I feel like I looked my very best on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/03/2014
  • Ketusha

Keti · Married on 10/19/2014

I LOVED my beauty girls. Jhenelle and Marci were amazing and made me look sexy, beautiful and sassy :). It is one of the vendors that has trial included in their package and you don't have to pay separate fees. My make up was perfect for the wedding not too heavy but enough to look amazing in pics. Jhenelle and Marci were at the venue before me ( ok ok I might have been 15 min late) and they already had chairs and make up set up when we got there.
    They were touching me and my mother up after the ceremony every time they would see us.

Amazing and talented girls. Would recommend for your event.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

If I could give Jhenelle and Krish 10 stars, I would. I'm so happy I found them. I had already gone through one trial with another vendor and was feeling stressed that I wouldn't find someone I would like when I happened upon them.

So worth it! They are personable, warm and most importantly, TALENTED! I was very happy with the results. They got up at 5 in the morning to start work on me and my bridal party for our day time wedding and made sure everyone looked perfect.

They are extremely flexible and reasonable. A great value for an even more amazing result.

Sent on 10/20/2014

I can't say enough how awesome Jhenelle and Katrina are. Jhenelle is down to earth and easy going. It was a pleasure working with her. They had over 10 people to do and they were fast but precise. They arrived on time and got right to work. Everyone was soo happy with their makeup and lashes that some of my bridesmaid decided to keep the lashes on overnight :) I am soooo glad that I went with Prim & Per'fect for my wedding makeup. I got so many compliments on how beautiful my makeup was and it felt like I had nothing on at all. I will always recommend Jhenelle to anyone who needs awesome makeup done!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2014

I just had a small elopement ceremony in central park and had Jhenelle do my make up and Keila do my hair. Oh my gosh, not only did they do what I wanted (with little directoin given by me, since I am so indecisive) they were also so much fun! Me and my 2 friends had a blast with them, and it helped relieve some of the stress of the wedding day. Everything was absolutely perfect, I LOVED my hair and my makeup was exactly what I wanted. Definitely a perfect duo and would highly recommend this team to anyone in the area!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Prim & Per'fect's reply:

Thanks so much Rachel You looked STUNNING! You are an awesome canvas to play with ! You were a pleasure to work with and we felt like we were part of the family! Hope we get to have another glam session if you are in NY again in the future! XOXO Jhenelle & Keila

Ramya · Married on 08/29/2014

Jhenelle knows how to make you look beautiful. She did the perfect job of keeping my make up simple, yet very elegant. I got tons of compliments on my hair and make up, just that on the wedding day but even when people look at photographs. I would happily work with her for any other occasion and highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make up services.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Kristine · Married on 07/20/2014

Attention Brides!!!! If you want to look stunning and gorgeous on your wedding day, Jhenelle is the best make up artist that will make your dream wedding-look come true. She's an artist with a vision that makes her creativity unique than the rest. She's has an awesome personality and can work with everyone in your bridal party. She can play with any colors that will match your skin type and your dress. She is really amazing! She's the one that you can really trust because of her talent. She has a real sense of what PERFECTLY GLAMOROUS is! :) Thanks Jhenelle! Your skills and professionalism are very much appreciated!

Sent on 08/02/2014

J and her team were outstanding. From the day I called her to inquire about her availability until she sent me off from the hotel on my wedding day (a little over a week ago!), she was incredibly responsive and accommodating.
    I loved my makeup and hair as did my bridesmaids and guests complimented us as well. Her team went above and beyond and I will definitely be recommending Prim & Per'fect to my friends in the future.

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • User4041441 · event on 07/04/2014

Jhenelle and her team were amazing!! She was attentive, caring, genuine, and above all else talented beyond belief! Her and James are fun and help keep things light and relaxed while getting ready. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Tanicia · Married on 07/03/2014

Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for Jhenelle. Jhenelle was punctual and ready to work. I was extremely nervous on my weeding day but Jhenelle reassured me that everything would turn out fine and it did. I had a briday party of 1 matron of honor, 1 maid of honor, 3 bridesmaids, and 1 junior bridesmaid. 4 out of the 6 bridal party members were resistant in having makeup applied, however, once Jhenelle started and the wedding party viewed how beautiful they looked they immediately fell in love with Jhenelle and her craft. Her work was natural and flawless. As for my makeup, my fiance wanted a natural look and he received exactly what he asked for. Jhenelle also was able to cover my huge tattoo on my arm which added to the beauty of my wedding dress. I have recommended Jhenelle to everyone that has asked about my makeup and will continue to utilize her services in the future. Jhenelle is the makeup artist that you want for your special day.

Sent on 07/16/2014

Prim & Per'fect's reply:

THANK YOU TANICIA !!! I had an amazing time with you at your wedding. I'm glad you retained me for touch ups after and I was able to see your ceremony. Everyone in your party was great and we meshed well together. So glad we put all of our heads together (You , your Fiancé, & I) and came up with a stunning look we all loved!
    Thank you for believing in my brand, you will forever be #TeamPrimAndPerfect !
  • User4005363 · event on 03/29/2014

Best make up artist! Very patient and does the exact look you want.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Kholoud · event on 03/29/2014

My make up for my engagement party was amazing I never had someone do my make up that flawless and perfect!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Rachel · Married on 01/01/2014

Great glam team! Jhenelle did my makeup and it was absolutely flawless. Sabrina did my hair and it was perfection. I wanted a vintage look and both girls pulled it off completely. I was more than happy with the results. I can not say enough amazing things about them. Plus they have a lot or energy and are very friendly. I looked and looked for the perfect place to get my hair and makeup done and they definitely exceed my expectations.

Prim & Per'fect's reply:

Thanks Rachel ! You are truly gorgeous. Love the inspiration pictures you sent they were vintage and glam! You are super sweet and looked amazing in your dress. Please send me photos! Sabrina and I were honored to start the year off with you ! All the best to you and your groom!

Charlotte · Married on 11/01/2013

After having a couple of very disappointing makeup demos with what I thought were renowned celebrity makeup artists, I was desperate to find someone to fullfill my dream makeup and hair for my wedding day at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.
    After much research, reading review after review, I found prim and perfect, which had outstanding reviews. I immediately called the company to schedule a makeup and hair demo. I was greeted on the phone by Jhenelle, who was very professional and friendly.
    As soon as I met jhenelle at her studio for the trial, I already felt I had found the person who would do my makeup for my wedding day. She took time to listen to my ideas and visions. She has such a gentle demanor, i knew she'd keep me calm on my big day. We had so much fun during the demo, along with Sabrina who did my hair.
    Now, I have had my hair and makeup done a few times for various events, but have always thought I'd change something about it. Jhenelle and Sabrina exceeded my expectations beyond my vision.
    On the wedding day, Jhenelle and Sabrina did my wedding party's hair and makeup. Everyone looked so stunning and each person was thrilled!
    I have never felt more glamorous and beautiful. The look that prim and perfect gave me was better than I had imagined myself looking as a bride. Everyone at the wedding said they'd never seen me look more gorgeous and I know that is all down to jhenelle and Sabrina. I literally felt like a princess.
    I feel very lucky to have found them and have had the privilege of working with such sophisticated, talented and fun people, who can create any look you ask for. I will now always book prim and perfect for any event (or excuse!) to have my makeup done.
    I believe jhenelle to be the best makeup artist in NYC.

Sent on 12/14/2013

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2013

They were professional and contributed to the reason why my photos came out phenomenal. The make-up was spot on, enhanced my wedding party's beauty giving us the desired look of timeless and classic. Would book again when services are needed in a heartbeat :).

Sent on 11/27/2013
  • Flavee'

Flavee' · Married on 08/03/2013

Jhenelle and her team were ABSOLUTELY amazing! She made me feel so at ease on my wedding day and made the makeup process so much fun! Jhenelle was so professional and made sure she catered to any need possible. My bridal party looked AMAZING...all eight of them! She did "touch-ups" throughout the day and made sure we looked fabulous from beginning to end. My day was absolutely perfect because of her attentiveness and wonderful work! A++++!

-Flaveé

Sent on 12/12/2013

aya · Married on 02/15/2013

omg I can't thank Janelle n her team on the amazing job they had done the day of my wedding.. I came out beautiful in every single photo in my wedding. plus Janelle did 5 wedding makeup for my family... if you wanaa look beautiful for ur wedding make sure u book her

Sent on 11/27/2013

Keanna · event on 02/01/2013

Jhenelle was the MUA for my photo shoot and was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She was able to accomplish the exact look I desired and even helped with my hair. I can't wait to work with her again. She's a consummate professional.

Renee · Married on 12/08/2012

Jhenelle Hill has been my make up artist twice thus far. For my prom in 2007 as well as my cousins wedding in 2012. Both times being professional, had such a fun and amazing spirit not to mention her attention to detail. She absolutely listens to the customer and gives them what she wants. She can anything from fierce attention grabbing make up to just the simple and professional look. I would and have recommended her to numerous clients and rate her 100%.

Renee · Married on 12/08/2012

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 07/07/2012

I wanted my makeup to be fabulous for my nieces wedding and that's just what prim and perfect delivered . The hair and makeup for the bride and the bridal party was so exquisite, the pictures couldn't be more perfect, I would certainly recommend the prim and perfect team to anyone.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/31/2009

Jhenelle's skill and professionalism where amazing. She turned my vision into the most beautiful makeup for my Halloween wedding. I recommend Jhenelle whenever I can.

Sent on 12/13/2013

Ashley · Married on 03/07/2009

Jhenelle did my makeup for my big day and she did an phenomenal job! I've never felt more beautiful in my life. I still look at my wedding pictures and I know I looked great because of her fantastic work. Thanks so much!

Nevin · Married on 11/29/2008

I am so glad I used this service for my wedding. I ABSOLUTELY love Jhennle and her work. She is so talented (underline that gizzlion times), professional, flexible, and.sweet. I still look at my wedding pictures and video and think of how I couldnt havr asked for better. GOOD luck to Jhennle and her company.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. :-)