Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

38 Reviews for Prim & Per'fect

4.1
Airbrush Makeup (1)
Fake Lashes (1)
34 Prim & Per'fect Reviews

0.5

SHE CANCELLED THE DAY OF MY WEDDING 30 MINUTES AFTER SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. I PAID A DEPOSIT AND SHE HAS BEEN NON RESPONSIVE SINCE. HER PHONE IS DISCONNECTED. SHE IS A TOTAL SCAM AND RUINED MY WEDDING DAY. I HAD DONE A TRIAL WITH HER (AND PAID IN CASH) AND WAS SO EXCITED FOR MY WEDDING DAY. SHE HAS COMPLETELY GONE IN HIDING, I HAVE CALLED AND EMAILED A MILLION TIMES AND HAVE TO HEAR FROM HER. ALL I GOT WAS AN EMAIL THE DAY OF MY WEDDING WHEN MYSELF AND MY BRIDESMAIDS WERE ALREADY ON SITE AT THE VENUE. WE WERE LEFT WITH NO TRANSPORTATION (AS THE LIMO DROPPED US OFF TO GET READY THERE) JUST HOURS BEFORE MY WEDDING WE WERE SCRAMBLING TO FIND SOMEONE TO DO MY HAIR AND MAKEUP. MY BRIDESMAIDS DIDNT EVEN BRING MAKE UP WITH THEM!
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT JHENELLE OPERATES LIKE THIS. FOR A DAY THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE, ITS INCREDIBLE HOW HEARTLESS THIS SCAM IS.
JHENELLE IF YOU HEAR ME, I AM STILL WAITING FOR A RESPONSE ON MY REFUND.

Profile Picture User7262933, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.1

I contracted this vendor for my bridal shower and wedding over a year ago. 1hr prior to my shower sent a BS message to me and disappeared offering no substitutes. She clearly is alive and well since she has been posting on social media since she disappeared on me, so she's just a fraud taking advantage of brides and clients of the tri-state area.Stay away from Prim and Per'fect and Jhenelle Hill's other aliases of Neon Fix etc.

Profile Picture User6613397, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes
0.0

Stay away from this vendor. Contracted with Jhenelle early as she had great reviews on this site. However, she cancelled my trial within hours of the appointment time (which was for my engagement photos) via email despite confirming with her earlier in the week and scheduling over a month in advance. She said it was a scheduling conflict and actually asked if I could reschedule my photos. Since I received that cancellation email almost two weeks ago, she has been non-responsive and unreachable by phone (as of my last phone call attempt, the number for the company was disconnected) and email. My experience with her was horrendous. I would hate for someone to go through what I went through with her - I am just grateful it all went down for just engagement photos and NOT my wedding day!

Profile Picture Sara, 5/27/16, 7 Reviews
0.0

I booked Prim and Perfect for the hair and makeup for my wedding, which is due to take place in March 2016. I agreed to the price with Jhenelle and paid a deposit, with the balance to be paid on the wedding day. Two weeks after the deposit, the company took out an unauthorized amount from my bank account of about $500. I queried why this occurred and was told (after several emails) that it was an error and that the company would refund that unauthorized payment within 5-7 days. They still haven't refunded the payment, and all my calls and emails have gone unanswered. I don't even know if the company is doing my hair and make up anymore, because they won't respond. I'm pretty disappointed.

Profile Picture User5577762, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
0.5

Con artist. I travelled from the UK to get married in New York which was hugely expensive but something I dreamed of doing. I booked a trail and wedding day make up for me and my bridal party. I was due to have the trial on my birthday and was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, she ruined my birthday and my big day. I got a message two hours prior to my appointment to tell me the company had gone bust. I couldn't contact her via phone so I went and sat in her office block for hours. The receptionist knew nothing of the business going bust!! Stay well away as she'll ruin your day and steal your money. I don't know how she can live with herself but I'm a great believer in karma and it'll get you one day!! I'd give her a big fat zero if I had the option!

Profile Picture Vonnie, 10/25/15, 1 Review
0.0

STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR! I never ever post reviews but it is important for other people to be aware.
On the day of my best friend's wedding, she had her boyfriend? or some male call me to tell me she couldn't make it (without any other details). Within hours of having to be at the venue, I scrambled to find another makeup/hair stylist. Luckily, I live in NYC so I was able to find someone quickly. However, she REFUSED to return my deposit. My phone calls, texts, and emails went unanswered. Only, until I threatened to take her to small claims court did someone finally respond to my email and say they would return my deposit. After a week, I contacted my credit card company who returned my deposit. This vendor was a true nightmare.

Profile Picture User6524323, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jhenelle Hill is a true artist. She has the gift of transforming her clients into the best and most beautiful versions of themselves. I contacted Jhenelle after reading that she did the makeup for the wedding Nene Leakes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I figured she would be booked for my wedding date but I contacted her anyways and was amazed to find out that she had availability! From the moment I met her for my hair and makeup trial I had total confidence that she would make me look phenomenal. Jhenelle and her hairstylist Marcie created incredible, glamourous looks for both me and my mother. On the day of the wedding Jhenelle and Marcie met us at our hotel room and I swear it felt like a slumber party. We played music and joked and laughed. Jhenelle totally helped calm my pre-wedding jitters. When I saw the final result I hardly recognized myself. I felt so incredibly beautiful and confident. I only wish that I could have her do my makeup everyday!

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/20/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

One of my biggest challenge in my wedding process was finding a makeup artist. I was lucky to be able to book Prim and Perfect, best decision I made. I had a very diverse group of bridesmaid and my mother who is beyond picky. Well Jhenelle is a true professional, everyone was happy. My sister became a selfie-queen that day and my mother cannot stop looking at her pictures, lol. My makeup lasted beyond what I expected, no touch up needed. I couldn't be any happier with prim and perfect, I will be a life long customer.

Profile Picture Simone , 4/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

OMG. I cannot say enough good things about Jhenelle and her team (Marci and James)! Jhenelle met with me several times before my wedding to ensure that I felt good about what we were doing style wise. On the day of they were ALL phenomenal and professional---they stayed with me until I went into the reception and came with me (even though it was so windy and freezing cold) for our picture-taking outside to make sure my hair and makeup was just perfect. They were a pleasure to work with and did an amazing job---everyone in my bridal party was raving about them and everyone got so many compliments on the hair and makeup. You can tell they all love what they do and it shines through in the work. Jhenelle, Marci and James made me feel and look like a queen and I would use them again in a heartbeat!!!

Profile Picture Hadassah, 3/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jhenelle and team were amazing and did fantastic work for my City Hall wedding. I did a trial with them a couple of months prior to the wedding date and was so impressed with their work and very excited to book them for my wedding. My hair and makeup made me feel so beautiful and both were still well intact even when my husband and I landed in Paris the following morning! That's definite staying power. :-) I would highly recommend working with Prim & Per'fect for your wedding day!

Profile Picture Casey, 10/30/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I reached out to Jhenelle after having a make up and hair trial with a different artist that really disappointed me. Jhenelle was the best thing that ever happened to my wedding planning! She was able to capture exactly what I was looking for with my make up and really understood how to make my face glow on my wedding day. For hair, I was not satisfied with the first go-around of my hair trial so Jhenelle was kind enough to have me in once more to work with one of her stylists, James, to find the best hair style for my big day. James and I clicked instantly and I loved the hair style we ended up deciding upon.
On my wedding day Jhenelle and James showed up very promptly and were very professional. They made myself, my mom, and my husbands mother and sister look great and I am so thankful for that! Thanks to Jhenelle, I feel like I looked my very best on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I LOVED my beauty girls. Jhenelle and Marci were amazing and made me look sexy, beautiful and sassy :). It is one of the vendors that has trial included in their package and you don't have to pay separate fees. My make up was perfect for the wedding not too heavy but enough to look amazing in pics. Jhenelle and Marci were at the venue before me ( ok ok I might have been 15 min late) and they already had chairs and make up set up when we got there.
They were touching me and my mother up after the ceremony every time they would see us.

Amazing and talented girls. Would recommend for your event.

Profile Picture Keti , 10/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If I could give Jhenelle and Krish 10 stars, I would. I'm so happy I found them. I had already gone through one trial with another vendor and was feeling stressed that I wouldn't find someone I would like when I happened upon them.

So worth it! They are personable, warm and most importantly, TALENTED! I was very happy with the results. They got up at 5 in the morning to start work on me and my bridal party for our day time wedding and made sure everyone looked perfect.

They are extremely flexible and reasonable. A great value for an even more amazing result.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/18/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough how awesome Jhenelle and Katrina are. Jhenelle is down to earth and easy going. It was a pleasure working with her. They had over 10 people to do and they were fast but precise. They arrived on time and got right to work. Everyone was soo happy with their makeup and lashes that some of my bridesmaid decided to keep the lashes on overnight :) I am soooo glad that I went with Prim & Per'fect for my wedding makeup. I got so many compliments on how beautiful my makeup was and it felt like I had nothing on at all. I will always recommend Jhenelle to anyone who needs awesome makeup done!

Profile Picture Cristina , 10/12/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

From the first consultation to the day of our wedding, Jhenelle and her glad squad were absolutely incredible! Jhenelle was so sweet throughout the whole process of planning hair and make up for me and my bridesmaids, making what could have been a stressful endeavor, completely pain-free and totally enjoyable. Yes, the fees are a bit pricey, but considering the level of professionalism and high-energy you get, it's 100% worth it.

Profile Picture User4891954, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I just had a small elopement ceremony in central park and had Jhenelle do my make up and Keila do my hair. Oh my gosh, not only did they do what I wanted (with little directoin given by me, since I am so indecisive) they were also so much fun! Me and my 2 friends had a blast with them, and it helped relieve some of the stress of the wedding day. Everything was absolutely perfect, I LOVED my hair and my makeup was exactly what I wanted. Definitely a perfect duo and would highly recommend this team to anyone in the area!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jhenelle knows how to make you look beautiful. She did the perfect job of keeping my make up simple, yet very elegant. I got tons of compliments on my hair and make up, just that on the wedding day but even when people look at photographs. I would happily work with her for any other occasion and highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair and make up services.

Profile Picture Ramya, 8/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Attention Brides!!!! If you want to look stunning and gorgeous on your wedding day, Jhenelle is the best make up artist that will make your dream wedding-look come true. She's an artist with a vision that makes her creativity unique than the rest. She's has an awesome personality and can work with everyone in your bridal party. She can play with any colors that will match your skin type and your dress. She is really amazing! She's the one that you can really trust because of her talent. She has a real sense of what PERFECTLY GLAMOROUS is! :) Thanks Jhenelle! Your skills and professionalism are very much appreciated!

Profile Picture Kristine, 7/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

J and her team were outstanding. From the day I called her to inquire about her availability until she sent me off from the hotel on my wedding day (a little over a week ago!), she was incredibly responsive and accommodating.
I loved my makeup and hair as did my bridesmaids and guests complimented us as well. Her team went above and beyond and I will definitely be recommending Prim & Per'fect to my friends in the future.

Profile Picture User4266127, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.8

Jhenelle and James were amazing! The whole team was fabulous! Though a bit more expensive than others, Jhenelle is worth every penny. She listens to what you want and does it. Her and James are sweet, fun, insanely talented. My bridesmaids, and my mother and mother-in-law loved their looks! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User4041441, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for Jhenelle. Jhenelle was punctual and ready to work. I was extremely nervous on my weeding day but Jhenelle reassured me that everything would turn out fine and it did. I had a briday party of 1 matron of honor, 1 maid of honor, 3 bridesmaids, and 1 junior bridesmaid. 4 out of the 6 bridal party members were resistant in having makeup applied, however, once Jhenelle started and the wedding party viewed how beautiful they looked they immediately fell in love with Jhenelle and her craft. Her work was natural and flawless. As for my makeup, my fiance wanted a natural look and he received exactly what he asked for. Jhenelle also was able to cover my huge tattoo on my arm which added to the beauty of my wedding dress. I have recommended Jhenelle to everyone that has asked about my makeup and will continue to utilize her services in the future. Jhenelle is the makeup artist that you want for your special day.

Profile Picture Tanicia, 7/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

When I first started looking into hair and makeup and saw the insane prices, I almost decided to give up and do everything on my own. I'm so glad I didn't. Jhenelle and Krish made me and my four bridesmaids look totally killer. Each girl had a different style, and each one looked beyond gorgeous. Even when I requested extra trials because I kept changing my mind about what hairstyle I wanted, Jhenelle made it seem like it was no problem and continued to work with me on getting that perfect look.

Profile Picture Monica, 5/31/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Great glam team! Jhenelle did my makeup and it was absolutely flawless. Sabrina did my hair and it was perfection. I wanted a vintage look and both girls pulled it off completely. I was more than happy with the results. I can not say enough amazing things about them. Plus they have a lot or energy and are very friendly. I looked and looked for the perfect place to get my hair and makeup done and they definitely exceed my expectations.

Profile Picture Rachel, 1/1/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

After having a couple of very disappointing makeup demos with what I thought were renowned celebrity makeup artists, I was desperate to find someone to fullfill my dream makeup and hair for my wedding day at the Plaza Hotel in New York City.
After much research, reading review after review, I found prim and perfect, which had outstanding reviews. I immediately called the company to schedule a makeup and hair demo. I was greeted on the phone by Jhenelle, who was very professional and friendly.
As soon as I met jhenelle at her studio for the trial, I already felt I had found the person who would do my makeup for my wedding day. She took time to listen to my ideas and visions. She has such a gentle demanor, i knew she'd keep me calm on my big day. We had so much fun during the demo, along with Sabrina who did my hair.
Now, I have had my hair and makeup done a few times for various events, but have always thought I'd change something about it. Jhenelle and Sabrina exceeded my expectations beyond my vision.
On the wedding day, Jhenelle and Sabrina did my wedding party's hair and makeup. Everyone looked so stunning and each person was thrilled!
I have never felt more glamorous and beautiful. The look that prim and perfect gave me was better than I had imagined myself looking as a bride. Everyone at the wedding said they'd never seen me look more gorgeous and I know that is all down to jhenelle and Sabrina. I literally felt like a princess.
I feel very lucky to have found them and have had the privilege of working with such sophisticated, talented and fun people, who can create any look you ask for. I will now always book prim and perfect for any event (or excuse!) to have my makeup done.
I believe jhenelle to be the best makeup artist in NYC.

Profile Picture Charlotte, 11/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

They were professional and contributed to the reason why my photos came out phenomenal. The make-up was spot on, enhanced my wedding party's beauty giving us the desired look of timeless and classic. Would book again when services are needed in a heartbeat :).

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/30/13, 1 Review