Preston Woodall House Reviews

Preston Woodall House 5
Preston Woodall House 6
Preston Woodall House 7

Jenny · Married on 08/07/2010

Made all of my wedding dreams come true!!!!!!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Lena · Married on 07/10/2010

My husband and I got married at the Preston Woodall House in July of 2010. It was everything we wanted and more. All of the staff are wonderful and make sure you have the perfect wedding. We rented the house and cottages for the entire weekend. It was super convienent to have our family and wedding party at one location. The food was amazing and people are still telling me what a beautiful wedding it was. I would not have wanted to change anything! If you are looking for a place to get married go hear, you will LOVE it! Thank you Joel, Diane, and Phy for everything!

Sent on 02/27/2011

Karen · Married on 06/05/2010

The Preston Woodall House was my first pick for our wedding venue! I had previously experienced a wedding at this location as a guest and I loved it! The food was delicious, the staff was helpful and it was nice to have the ceremony and reception at one location so our guests wouldn't have to travel from place to place, plus we didn't have to worry with leaving since we stayed there and had a delicious breakfast for the newlyweds the following morning! I also was able to take my bridal portraits at PWH and they turned out beautifully! This is a great venue to have if you're looking to make things easier on your planning by having everything at one location and the help of Joel, Diane and the rest of the staff was stress relieving for a bride on her big day!

Sent on 01/13/2011

sara · Married on 05/08/2010

Preston Woodall is a PREMIER wedding facility. The staff, the food and the accomodations were all absolutely flawless and top notch. It is a beautiful venue! Plenty of room for all! We rented the entire facility (the main house with 4 bedrooms) and the 3 additional cottages they have on the property, all of my family were able to stay together all weekend, no waiting for car service, no one getting lost etc., it took a HUGE amount of stress out of our day. We were truly able to be guests at our own wedding. I am STILL getting calls about the amazing food and how much fun everyone had. It was like a fairytale. If you are getting married in NC and DONT check this place out FIRST your crazy!!!!!!!!!! Talk to Joel, he is the owner, and a WONDERFUL person to work with, he never was too busy for me and met with me on several occasions to assure every little detail was taken care of. I could not be more happy that we had our wedding and reception here!

Sent on 06/22/2010

Amanda · Married on 11/28/2009

Joel and the staff at Preston Woodall made our big day as stress free and memorable as we could have hoped for. The decorations were gorgeous, the staff courteous and friendly, the planner at the top of her game and the food was absolutely delicious. We have many, many fond memories of the amazing wedding they worked so hard to put on for us and would recommend this venue to any couple in a heartbeat!

Sent on 01/12/2011

Linda · Married on 09/13/2009

We could not have asked for a better team to make our wedding day wonderful. Joel and Patrick along with the rest of their responsive and professional staff helped us work out details and make the day go smoothly. As the bride, I was concerned that everything I'd worked so hard to put together would run smoothly and that our guests would have a good time. I heard nothing but praise for the folks at Preston Woodall, from the way guests were greeted at the door to the delicious food Patrick laid out for us. Joel's work in the planning stages led to this smooth and comfortable day that went by far too quickly. I cannot recommend Preston Woodall too highly to all you prospective brides. Give Joel a call and let him show you around his beautiful venue.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Sally · Married on 05/13/2006

My day could not have been better!!!! We rented the whole facility plus the cottages for the weekend. Joel was so helpful and so nice! I tell everyone I know about this PWH! We even had to call a week before the wedding because our pastor was unable to make it up, Joel was able to get us in contact with an amazing pastor immedietly! I could not have asked for a better place to get married with a better person running the show! The food was excellent! I HIGHLY recommend PWH without ANY reservation! A truly remarkable place! So accommadating! Joel knew I was on a tight (teacher's) budget and worked with me to make my dream day a reality! I could go on an on!!!

Sent on 01/12/2011

Trisha · Married on 11/07/2015

My husband and I looked for a venue for our November 2015 wedding for quite some time. We really wanted to find something that was mostly all-inclusive, if not completely, and that could work within our budget. When we first found the Preston Woodall House, we scheduled a meeting with Kaitlyn right away. She asked us lots of questions and gave us a really great deal. We were soooo happy with our venue choice. After this, there were some communication issues, but they got worked out. We went for a tasting with Chef Brian, who is incredible. They were extremely accommodating about my gluten and soy food intolerances. We ended up also planning our rehearsal dinner there, as they have many options (the pasta bar was awesome and they made me my own special plates I could eat!). We met with Joel several times; he is SO great. He listened to what we needed and ended up coordinating our wedding completely, even though on the day-of, he was really sick. The accommodations in terms of the bed and breakfast are also awesome. The three little cottages adjacent to the house are literally the best idea ever. The breakfasts were delicious. From the time things started on the morning of our wedding until the moment everything was over, Joel, Kim, and Stephanie were THE BEST. I felt so taken care of and stress-free because they helped so much and had our backs. There are so many little things that I can't even express right now...it was magical. It was everything I had ever wanted, and more. The Preston Woodall House staff went above and beyond our expectations and created things we couldn't have even imagined. (As a bonus, the pictures we got with the fall leaves around us were incredible!) WE HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!

Sent on 03/31/2016

Emily · Married on 10/04/2014

Summary: amazing venue, delicious food, fantastic staff, wonderful weekend, a perfect wedding.

We were married at the PWH on 10/4/14. I first heard about them at a bridal show and went out to visit a few weeks later. As soon as I met Joel and took a tour, I was sold! I wanted an outdoor wedding, and the house, gardens, and property were so beautiful and unique that I literally jumped up and down when I booked our date.

We paid for the ultimate destination package, which includes an entire weekend (Friday-Sunday). From arrival to departure, the weekend was perfect. The rehearsal went smoothly, and even though Joel had the flu he pulled himself together to make sure that the rehearsal and ceremony went smoothly and was perfectly timed. We also planned our rehearsal dinner at the last minute and the food was phenomenal.

Our wedding day Saturday was perfect. I came down for 30 minutes to explain what/who went where, etc., and the staff took care of the rest. Stephanie (who is phenomenal) took care of everything and kept everything on schedule. Right before the ceremony, I was incredibly nervous. Stephanie kept an eye on me, reassured me, made sure the bridal party knew what to do, and fluffed my dress before I walked down the aisle. It is those little details that make the PWH a fantastic wedding venue.

Other than leaving flowers outside that were intended for the inside tables, our reception was perfect. We had a plated dinner and the staff was very attentive, and it went very smoothly. When the evening was over we had the house to ourselves, so our closest friends were able to stay late into the night with us before going home. The staff even had a turn-down service in the bridal suite, with candles, flowers and extra plates of food in case we hadn't had the chance to eat.

It was a perfect weekend and I don't regret a thing. Our guests kept commenting how beautiful everything was! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 08/09/2014

All of our guests commented on how beautiful and unique the Preston Woodall House is - this Victorian house is really a great find; it's worth a visit to Benson to check it out! The staff was incredibly gracious and courteous throughout the entire wedding weekend. Our family and our wedding party enjoyed the opportunity to stay on-site in the venue's cabins; it was a blessing to be able to cut out any stressful wedding-day travel and have time to do what we really wanted to do, which was to celebrate and hang out with our family and friends! Joel Hurley took care of us, helping us arrange everything from the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony / reception to a morning-after brunch. Chef Bryan's food was much-complimented at each occasion, and the staff, led by Stephanie Dove, took care to arrange little touches like leaving extra cake and flowers in our room. We also had help from Tracy Adams, of Adams & Events, and her careful planning was much appreciated as well. My only wish is that the venue would schedule a few more servers to facilitate large receptions. If you have a lot of guests, be realistic about your timeline! If you need help finding local vendors, ask Joel - I was happy with all the vendors he recommended to us. Overall, we had a fantastic experience, and I would unreservedly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Mike · Married on 07/28/2012

I just attended a Wedding at the Preston Woodall House. Everything was off the chain amazing. They moved the wedding inside at the rehearsal, because it was 100 degrees out (I guess that should be expected of a July wedding). All the Mother of the Bride had to do was ask Mac their Director and it was all taken care of with no problems at all. They even made sure that the evening sun didn't glare in through the windows for the ceremony. After the ceremony we enjoyed some great drinks and appetizers while listening to their piano (which plays itself by the way, I've never seen a piano do this). Finally when it came time for dinner, there ballroom had completely transformed from the ceremony to a very elegant dinning room. I'm still left in awe about how they did that so quickly....

Sent on 07/29/2012

cristyle · Married on 03/13/2011

WONDERFUL! i looked everywhere and fell in love with this place. Don't even remember how i found it!!! We got married here on nov 5th 2011. Everyone was delightful and helpful. My wedding was exactly how it was supposed to be and the staff made it happen. This house is perfect for inside or outside (what we did) and has a ballroom attached for the recption. They catered the entire wedding so one less vendor for me to keep up with. Turned out perfect, please go to the house, the website does not do it justice, you just have to see it in person.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Janet & Jay · Married on 04/21/2018

I've had a hard time figuring out exactly how to review our wedding at Preston Woodall House. The spaces are beautiful. They offered everything we wanted in a venue - the ability to have an outdoor ceremony with an easy emergency plan in case of rain, several on-site rooms available to be able to spend more time with those close to us, catering through the venue, and wedding planning/coordinating services.
    The bed & breakfast is cozy, but with a couple of quirks. The bridal suite has a huge closet and large bathroom with plenty of counter space for getting ready. However, there's no true door separating the toilet from the rest of the beautiful space. Hopefully you aren't shy around your bridesmaids!
    We started the process initially working with Joel, the owner, before transitioning to Nick, who was our point of contact and coordinator from that point forward. Joel was amazing, and was super accommodating early in the process, and had input on vendors early on. It was a bit of a surprise when we switched over to Nick, but everything turned out just fine. If we had any problems, Nick was quick to act on it.
    DJ, the executive chef, created a phenomenal tasting menu. Our rehearsal dinner was spectacular, and the breakfasts were top-notch. On the wedding day, the cocktail hour and appetizers continued to shine. The main courses unfortunately didn't live up the expectations he had set before, and were not the same quality we had at the tasting.
    As many couples do, we rented the cottages that are across the street from PWH. This allowed us to have space for the groomsmen to get ready, a place for an after-party without requiring transport. and more essentially on-site accommodations for our parents and our guests who had traveled a distance. The houses weren't flashy by any means, but they were plenty comfortable.
    All in all, we had a great time there. The staff was responsive and fun. They even joined us on the dance floor at one point, and everyone had a blast!

Sent on 05/19/2018
    Preston Woodall House 12

Meredith · Married on 12/10/2016

3.0
      3.5

We booked PWH in Feb. for our Dec. wedding. For everything our package included, it was a pretty good deal. One major bonus was being able to have the bridal party and close family stay onsite for the weekend, including breakfasts and a casual rehearsal dinner at one of the cottages. I would have liked more communication in the months leading up to the wedding, like an email or phone call from the coordinator periodically, maybe every other month, to check in, but I had to initiate contact. This would include letting us know ahead of time that the venue had a schedule for the day already in mind that our vendors needed to adhere to, because we met with the vendors and worked out schedules which did not match what the coordinator had in mind. Our meetings were scheduled pretty close to the time of the wedding, I believe because the venue was very busy, and we didn't get to taste our signature cocktail ahead of time, but it ended up being very good. Our tasting was great as well, and Joel was patient as we debated what to serve for dinner.
    Everything on the big day went very smoothly, as promised by the coordinator, who has done thousands of weddings before. The bridal party, in the main house, didn't have warm showers, so DJ kicked up the water heater for us, but it never really got warm. I understand that it's an old house in winter, which I loved, but a warm shower would have been nice. If there were other issues, I didn't know about them, and DJ & the team really went above and beyond to make everything great! We really appreciated their extra help and hard work.
    The place is always beautiful, but at Christmas it was really done up. No florist needed because there is enough decoration in the house already. Guests and the photographers got beautiful pictures. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, the food, the bar, and the events of the evening. People kept telling me how PERFECT the day was. For a beautiful wedding day, I would recommend PWH to others

Sent on 12/26/2016