Preston Woodall House Reviews

Preston Woodall House 5
Preston Woodall House 6
Preston Woodall House 7

Tammie · Married on 06/13/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the Preston Woodhall House. My daughter and her husband were married there this past weekend and I've heard so many people say that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Joel Hurley and his team have this wedding business perfected down to the wire. Thank you so much Joel, Stephanie, and Brian!!! The guests lacked for nothing, and the service was top notch!! PWH team anticipated every single need and were on top of it before you could even think of it. I was totally amazed at how well everything was run. And the food...WOW!!! Chef Brian made the best food and every guest I've heard back from commented on how excellent the food was. And although I didn't get one of the meatballs, they sure were a hit with everyone. I had happened to comment on a photo I saw posted of a fruit display about how much I liked the initial carved into the watermelon. So, of course Joel made that happen for us!! I could go on and on about how wonderful everything went, but bottom line is- if you need a venue- you will be so glad you chose The Preston Woodall House!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 06/06/2015

Could not say enough good things about this place and its staff. They have truly thought of it all. Initially picked the place because of its ability to be an all inclusive venue, however getting to know the staff made me fall in love even more. During our big day there was always someone close by I felt no stress at all. We enjoyed every second, as well as did our guests. Food is absolutely phenomenal and they cater to all taste. Our bridal suite was romantically prepared for our wedding night, as well as the perfect next morning breakfast! We will be planning anniversaries here to follow!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2015

I am so thankful for the team at PWH. Bryan the chef is absolutely incredible...everyone at our wedding mentioned how delicious it was. Joel (the owner) and his daughter Kaitlyn answered my TEN MILLION questions and never once made me feel like I was a nuisance. They gave me so much insight to how things should be. I worked with Stephanie the weekend of my wedding... I have never met such a beautiful and welcoming person inside and out. She was OUTSTANDING. The bartender Donnie was a pro...he knew any drink requested. My go to staff member Kim was basically family by the end of the day. Every staff member truly made me feel like they were there just for us. It was amazing. If you are looking for a venue...THIS IS IT! You will have no regrets. I could n

Sent on 05/03/2015

LaShonda · Married on 03/21/2015

This venue is absolutely beautiful. We just had our wedding here and it was wonderful! The staff was great to work with, and very professional. The chef is AMAZING! They offer great service. We highly recommend them, and will be back to visit!
    LaShonda & Charles Richardson

Sent on 03/28/2015

Cindi · Married on 02/21/2015

The Preston Woodall House was absolutely perfect! Everything about this venue is a dream come true, I fell in love with everyone there! They all made our day perfect for us and our guests. Joel Hurley is an amazing and exceptional man, assisting me with planning every step of the way. The venue itself is classic and elegant, perfect spot for a wedding any time of year. Our ceremony and reception were held in their gorgeous ballroom and the decorations were absolutely stunning. Brian, our chef, was amazing! Our guests could NOT stop raving about the meal during the entire reception. If I had to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. What a beautiful place to marry the one you love :-)

Sent on 02/24/2015

Steph · Married on 01/17/2015

Where do I even start! Our wedding weekend was absolutely spectacular because of the Preston Woodall House. We knew we found our venue at our initial tour. The grounds and house are the perfect set-up. Everything can happen all in 1 place. Close family and friends can spend this memorable time together. Then there is the owner, Joel. Joel and his staff cover every single detail so you have nothing to worry about on the day of your wedding. Everything went so smooth, I was able to spend every minute with my friends and family. The chef, Brian, is fantastic. Our rehearsal dinner had all of our guests talking because the food was amazing. Brian even comes out and interacts with guests to ensure everything tasted as it should. The Preston Woodall House staff is like a family and during the wedding planning process you become part of that family. I really cannot praise them enough. I would highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed and are getting way more service than you pay for. When you are in Joel's hands, you will have nothing to worry about!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Tasha · Married on 12/20/2014

The Preston Woodall House is an exceptional wedding venue! Joel and the staff are first class in everything from service to decor. They treated us like royalty and made the wedding weekend feel like a private retreat. Each room was decorated with a particular sense of character all its own and the place transports you to another place in time. There was nothing left to chance and every one of the guests needs were attended to. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for something special or even a couple renewing their vows. The Preston Woodall House Bed & Breakfast is definitely something to experience!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Shawna · Married on 11/08/2014

I can not say enough good things about Preston Woodall House. From the initial consultation, to our tasting...everything we have experienced has been phenomenal. Joel has made this such a wonderful, and memorable time for us. I give Preston Woodall House a perfect score, because they have been nothing less than perfect!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Krista · Married on 09/13/2014

The first day I walked into the venue, the first person I met was Joel, I fell in love with him and then fell in love with the house. The house is beautiful and has so much charm. Joel was so friendly, answered all our questions and was so amazing to work with. We got everything we wanted and more. Chef Brian is amazing, his menu for the wedding was incredible and everyone loved it. The staff was friendly and so accommodating. We were originally planning on doing the ceremony outside, however, the weather was not cooperating, Joel and staff did an amazing job of setting up the ballroom for the ceremony. Even though I was upset about not having the wedding in the courtyard, after I saw the setup in the ballroom, all of that went away and I was nothing but smiles. I knew I was there to marry my soul-mate and nothing else mattered. And it was perfect. It was also nice to have everyone stay with us at the venue, our family and friends stayed in the house with us and surrounding cabins around the house. We really enjoyed having everyone so close to us. Chef Brian and the staff even surprised us on our wedding night with a clean bridal suite with champagne, cupcakes and full plates of food from dinner, and this amazing display of rose petals shaped into a heart on our bed. We were blown away. Everyone knows how wrecked a bridal suite can get when you are getting ready for the wedding, it was super nice to have someone clean that up for us for our wedding night, we were so grateful to the Preston Woodall staff. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things this venue has to offer, but the last thing I will say is that my husband and I loved everything about this venue, we had the perfect wedding, and we will never ever forget it. People are still talking about it a month later. Thanks Joel, Stephanie, Chef Brian and staff for all your hard work.

Sent on 10/07/2014

The Preston Woodall House is where our entire wedding weekend took place. The staff was accommodating throughout the process. I dealt primarily with Joel and Kaitlyn prior to the wedding weekend but Stephanie and Chef Brian were there to help from the time we walked through the door. The staff was amazing. From bringing us snacks while getting ready to providing breakfast for our out of town guests the whole weekend went wonderfully thanks to this spectacular venue. I would highly recommend this venue to brides with many out of town guests however there are packages to fit every brides needs. Thanks a million PWH!!!!!

Sent on 09/12/2014

Preston Woodall House's reply:

Hi Faith and Matthew! We LOVED having you at the Preston Woodall House and can't wait to see pictures. You were awesome to work with and my staff truly enjoyed taking care of you during your wedding weekend. Thank you for being amazing clients and please come see us soon! All the Best, Joel

Renee · Married on 07/05/2014

Exquisite venue! Joel, Stephanie, Brian & team provide world class service that is second to none. The staff at the Preston Woodall jumped through hoops to ensure our day went just how we’d planned & delivered a customized event that made all our dreams come true (and then some). We opted for the Platinum Package (keys to the estate all weekend long) and, if we could only recommend one thing, it would be to do the same! The platinum package allowed us the comfort of knowing everything would be taken care of & truly enabled us to focus on all the fun details of planning a wedding. Some of our favorite memories from the weekend came after hours with our overnight guests, an experience you cannot get at every venue. We knew we were on to something special when we met with other vendors and they got just as excited as we were when they heard we were planning our event at the Preston Woodall House! There is nothing more assuring than to hear what a wonderful reputation the PWH has in the community. And the foundation started with Joel, whom is literally the best Wedding Director you’ll find anywhere on this planet. He made us feel like we were part of the family throughout the planning process; he guided us with confidence & class and had phenomenal recommendations along the way. He was extremely flexible with our vendor selections, allowing us to truly personalize our event to our vision. Brian, the executive chef, adds an element of luxury to the menu with personalized recommendations & the best food your guests will have all wedding season (we literally got the most compliments about the food all weekend long, from the cheese grits at breakfast to the late night snacks after the reception). Not only is Brian an incredible chef, but he was also an extension of our event planning team, making sure everything came together perfectly, even after having a baby boy the same week of our wedding! The staff at PWH found ways to make our event sincerely unique all weekend long,

Sent on 07/12/2014

Heather · Married on 06/21/2014

Garrett and I were in search of a venue that could best satisfy all of our needs for our special day. We visited several venues, but it wasn’t until we visited The Preston Woodall House that we knew we had found the perfect venue for our wedding day. From the first time we stepped into the Preston Woodall House to the day we said “I do”, the staff was absolutely amazing. Joel and Kaitlyn made us feel more like friends than clients and that was a huge selling point for us.

Joel and his staff worked tirelessly around the clock to meet our demands. We even threw in a monkey wrench a couple weeks before our wedding and Joel was very understanding and made it happen. The staff was always accessible via email and phone and their response time was very timely.

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and everything we dreamed it would be. We are still receiving compliments from friends and family regarding how beautiful our wedding was and how great the food was, thanks to Chef Brian! Not only did we choose the best venue to celebrate our marriage, but we built friendships along the way. We will be recommending the Preston Woodall House to all of our friends!!! Love, Garrett and Heather Davis

Sent on 09/28/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/31/2014

I really don't know where to begin. When I got engaged May 2013 I thought I was going to be overwhelmed with wedding planning...until I found Joel Hurley and the Preston Woodall House. It took one visit to know that this was the place I wanted to marry my best friend. We got the all inclusive package for the whole weekend and brides I can't recommend this enough!! Joel and his staff treated not only me like family but made sure my whole family was treated the same. I consider he and his daughter Kaitlyn friends for life. Everything about our weekend was perfect and it couldn't have happened without Joel and his team. If you want the wedding of your dreams, Joel Hurley and the Preston Woodall House are the way to go! And big shoutout to Chef Brian who killed it with the food for the whole weekend!! It was amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who made such a fabulous weekend come to life! Love you bunches Joel!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

Joel and the entire staff of the Preston Woodall House were nothing short of amazing! The venue is breathtaking! I had an outside wedding in the garden and an indoor reception in the gorgeous ballroom. Joel and his staff helped to plan my dream wedding from start to finish. They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails and always made time for me to stop in and go over details. Anything I needed help with, they covered it! I had a few last minute changes but Joel made every change workout! Joel had great ideas! All of my guests who attended the wedding said that this was the most incredible wedding they had ever been to. I can only attribute that statement to the entire staff of the Preston Woodall House! They were all so amazing, friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating! There ere no snags in my wedding, if there were snags, I never knew about it :) Wedding planning is no easy task, but because I booked the Preston Woodall House, I rarely had a stressful moment of planning. I picked the wedding weekend package which allowed me to have my bridal party and other guest spend the night on Friday and Saturday. The staff was on top of everything and were super friendly and helpful to everyone! Have I mention Brian, the chef, and his food?!?!?! The food was incredible, 5 star! Our rehearsal dinner, reception dinner, and breakfast was out of this world! Everyone was really impressed. My mother has a gluten allergy and Brian took care to make sure that my mother had food that she could eat as well. The entire wait staff was on-point every second! I could go on and on about how perfect and amazing the Preston Woodall house and the staff are! I highly recommend the Preston Woodall House if you are planning the wedding of your dreams! Mine certainly was the wedding of my dreams! It is also really reasonably priced! I loved every second of my wedding weekend!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Robert · Married on 01/25/2014

WEDDING PLANING:
    It was amazing to have Joel, the owner of the Preston Woodall House, not only hosting our rehersal dinner and wedding, but also Directing the wedding! He was able to help determine and give advice on the flow of the ceremony, where people needed to be, and what the best use of the space and facility was. He did well with comunicating with our bridal party and all of our guest with respect, kindness, but a sterness that made people confident in following his instructions. He did an awesome job! The weekend went amazingly smooth! Everything from the rehersal, to the rehersal dinner, to the wedding , and even the reception. He was there orchestrating over 250 guest and staff making the weekend as smooth and as stress free as it could possibly be!

REHEARSAL DINNER/CEREMONY/RECEPTION VENUE:
    Not only Joel (the owner), but the entire staff went above and beyond:
    a. Helping to carry in decorations
    b. Getting sprite and crackers late at night the night before the wedding when I (the bride) fell sick the day before the wedding.
    c. Setting up all the decorations.
    d. Being sure all of the details were taken care of so that we could enjoy friends and family.

CATERING:
    The catering and meals were simply AMAZING! Not only the flavors and the taste of the food but the layout and presentation of the food was by far better than any restaurant or any other wedding (bride has been a part of 4 and groom a part of 5) that we have been to in the last 5 years that we have both lived in NC. We repeatedly get compliments from our guest in relation to how all the food was so delicious and presented so beautifully. The Chef, Brian, came out several times HIMSELF to be sure that everything met our standards of satisfaction and to ask if there was anything else that he could do or preopare! Needless to say there was absolutely nothing more that we could even fathom asking for. Brian is hands down one North Carolina’s best kept secrets!!!

Sent on 02/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/21/2013

On October 9, I got engaged to a wonderful man who lives in Benson, NC. We wanted a small, intimate ceremony and did not hire a wedding planner. My mother and I did the planning. I found Preston Woodall House on Internet and my fiance and I met with Joel Hurley, co-owner, for a tour of the facility. We both loved what we saw and, fortunately, December 21 was available. From the moment I entered this beautiful, 1910 mansion and saw that photo of Scarlett O'Hara hanging in the foyer, I knew it would be perfect. I could see myself walking down that long staircase in the main house and into the arms of Rhett Butler. Since my mother and I are not familiar with NC, we relied HEAVILY on Mr. Hurley for recommendations for EVERYTHING, and I cannot thank him enough for his assistance. We used the minister he recommended, the DJ, the hair/makeup artist, the florist, and the bakery. We chose the Ultimate Destination Package, which gave us use of the Cora Lily Ballroom, the main house (5 bedrooms) and 3 on-site cottages. Instead of a rehearsal dinner, we opted for a Friday night cocktail hour(s) for out-of-town guests. Chef Brian Stillwaugh did a fabulous job with the hors d'oeuvres we selected (cheese display, spanikopitas, stuffed mushrooms, deviled eggs topped with caviar, brochette, meatballs). The wedding and the reception dinner were held in the beautifully decorated 2,800 sq. ft. Ballroom, with plenty of room for the ceremony at one end and dinner/dancing at the other. For dinner we chose the chicken chardonnay and beef bourguignon as our entrees, and garlic mashed potatoes and zucchini stuffed with asparagus and julienne carrots. There were many to choose from and something for anybody's taste. Again, Chef Brian did a marvelous job. I rate our overall experience as excellent. I highly recommend Preston Woodall to anyone looking for a beautiful setting for their special event. Joel and his staff are friendly, flexible, and most accommodating.

I'm not sure if this is the place to review the food that was provided at Preston Woodall House for my wedding there on 21 December but here goes. On Friday night, December 20, my fiance and I opted for a cocktail party for out-of-town guests instead of a rehearsal dinner. We chose "heavy" hors d'oeuvres and the list of possibilities was amazing. Chef Brian Stillwaugh did a wonderful job with all our selections. We chose (1) spanikopitas; (2) brochettes topped with pesto, allouette cheese, and smoked salmon; (3) mushrooms stuffed with corn, cilantro, peppers, and asiago cheese; (4) pinwheels with cajun chicken, shrimp, roasted vegetables, ham and cheddar cheese, and smoked turkey and (5) deviled eggs topped with caviar. The reception dinner following the wedding the next day was equally as delicious. We chose the chicken chardonnay and beef bourguignon as our entrees, and garlic mashed potatoes, and zucchini stuffed with asparagus and julienne carrots. Breakfasts for the out-of-town guests was wonderful as well (scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes, bacon, turkey sausage links, blueberry pancakes--my favorite--an assortment of fresh fruits, cereal, and piping hot coffee and tea). I would rate my overall experience as exceptional.

Sent on 01/08/2014

The Preston Woodall House is an exquisite venue with a lot to offer. My experience at the Preston Woodall House was nothing less than the best, and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone. The house is beautiful, the staff is exceptionally kind and helpful, and the event ran more smoothly than I could have imagined. All of this was made possible with the help of Joel Hurley, the owner of the Preston Woodall House. Joel, along with the rest of his staff, did a wonderful job planning and preparing for this event. Another “Wow!” was the amazing food! Chef Brian is absolutely incredible and undeniably knew the way into my heart! ;)

Preston Woodall House made my dreams come true!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Catherine · Married on 10/12/2013

We were married at the Preston Woodall House on 10/12/13. We bought the entire weekend package that included rental of the three houses that surround the PWH. Our out of town guests and wedding party stayed the entire weekend and could not have asked for better accommodations. The wedding was gorgeous and the food delicious. Chef Brian is the bomb. The staff were very attentive and a pleasure to work with. Owner, Joel Hurley was also my wedding planner and my director and all I can say is it wouldn't have been as wonderful as it was without his help and guidance. PWH is the best place to have your wedding and reception.

Sent on 12/28/2013

The Preston Woodall House is a wonderful place to have a reception. It is so beautiful and from the outside- you would never guess it had a full sized ballroom inside. The price is great and catering, tables, chairs, linens and china is all done at the venue which really takes away a lot of the stress. The food is out of this world!!! Everyone at my reception loved it!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Tammy · Married on 04/06/2013

This is a great vendor if your wanting a beautiful place to say "I DO" !!! The owner is very easy to work with and the staff is wonderful. The food is amazing......

Sent on 05/05/2013

The staff was great and the house looked amazing! The chef made breakfast the morning of the wedding and then the food for the cocktail hour and the reception and it was AMAZING! The coordinator made sure things ran smoothly and even made sure we had plates of food at the reception before the guests got in line so we had a chance to eat! The staff were efficient in all of their tasks, polite and more than willing to help anywhere they could. My husband and I were staying the night in the bridal suite after the guests left and while the reception was going on the staff & chef cleaned the room from where the bridal party and i had gotten ready earlier in the day, prepared the room with candles, fresh towels, drinks and two loaded and warm plates of food from dinner. We were so surprised and so thankful because by the time the night ended we were starving! We loved everyone we worked with from the day we first toured the house until our big day!!!

Sent on 12/14/2012
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2012

The whole experience with Preston Woodall was outstanding. From the planning to the execution of our wishes. Our wedding wouldn't have been perfect without them. Joel Hurley was amazing and Phyllis treated us like family. Brian the chef is incredibly talented and welcoming. Mac stepped in and took over when our planner dropped the ball and got flustered. Mac probably saved our wedding from disorganization and Kim, our personal post-ceremony server was INCREDIBLE. She made us feel like real stars on our day...THANK YOU, PRESTON WOODALL FAMILY!!

Sent on 04/29/2012

Preston Woodall House made my wedding respection in 2011 unforgettable for my husband and I. Joel and the entire staff was very professional and extremely helpful. During my off site church wedding in Lillington NC. I realized I forgot my wedding vows. So I frantically called the Preston Woodall house and Diane our coordinator located my vows and read it to me over the phone. I was so embarrassed, But the Diane told me not to worry. She reassured me that everything is going to be beautiful. Our respection at Preston Woodall House was like a dream come true. The staff was great, food and drinks was amazing. The decor and veune was fantastic. My husband and I, and all of our guests enjoyed every aspect of the respection. I highly recommend Preston Woodall House to anyone who maybe looking for a wedding and or respection venue.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Cody · Married on 06/11/2011

Perfect. My wife and I had an absolute blast at our rehearsal dinner, wedding and reception at Preston Woodall House. We were there from Friday to Sunday morning and they were very hospitable, helpful and always attentive to our every need and want. Food was outstanding and Joel, Dale and Dianne were very professional and personable and we could not have asked for better hosts. Before the wedding they were very helpful in all aspects of planning and I am confident in recommending them to anyone. A+++

Sent on 06/28/2011

Joie · Married on 06/11/2011

OH MY GOSH!! PERFECT! I was married there a few weeks ago and could not have asked for better people to work with. Everyone was simply AMAZING. Even when my guest list blew up to double than what we expected Joel and the crew calmly helped and everything was perfect.
    I also had a (ahem) unique and semi complicated event where the dinner was held before the ceremony and the Preston Woodall House staff pulled it off more perfectly than I could have ever imagined.
    They are amazing and I would recommend them to EVRYONE!

Sent on 06/29/2011