Prepped and Primped Reviews

38 | Boston, MA

38 Reviews for Prepped and Primped

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

Patricia was an absolute delight to work with from the beginning. We hired Patricia for our day of coordination as well as her design services. The qualities I most appreciated were her impeccable style and ability to match our laid-back attitude about wedding planning and to take our simple ideas for design and run with them. She has access to many unique rentals (vintage mirrors, teacups, crystal vases etc.) that really took the design up a notch; additionally, the prices at which her rentals are offered cannot be beat.

On the day of the wedding, I literally didn't have to worry about a single thing, as I knew Patricia was handling everything beautifully. There are so many details that you cannot possibly think about that need taken care of on the day of the wedding, and I believe having a day of coordinator is absolutely essential. While many vendors may have on-site catering coordinators, they will not be able to (or want to) take care of all of the small details. Patricia arrived several hours before the ceremony to make sure everything was being set-up as we had discussed, had provided an emergency kit in our bridal suite (that we used many times), ensured all of the bridal party and vendors were in place, took care of needs from our families and bridal party throughout the evening, and stayed until the very end. While we got to leave at midnight and head back to our hotel without any worries, Patricia stayed to collect our personal items, the top tier of our cake, and deliver final payments to all of the vendors. Later that week she kindly dropped off all of our remaining items (she even took the time to collect the faux silk flowers that the flower girl had used) and had wrapped the top tier of our cake in foil to prevent it from getting freezer burn. Overall, she is a absolute pleasure with whom to work and was one of the main reasons our wedding went off without a hitch.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Georgina · Married on 07/02/2016

Hiring Patricia as our day of coordinator was one of the best decisions I made in the entire wedding planning process. She was incredibly responsive to emails and calls. I felt that Patricia supported my choices for the day 100% and she gave me her honest opinion when requested which I truly valued and appreciated. Handing over the reins of control for the week of the wedding, rehearsal, and day of allowed me to enjoy being a bride and spend the day celebrating rather than worrying. I can not recommend Patricia highly enough! She is incredible!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2016

I'm not sure where to begin with this review. After deciding that we would hire a day of coordinator we settled on a price point, looked at dozens of reviews for different business, and had several phone conversations, we decided to go with Patricia, from Prepped and Primped.
    From the very beginning Patricia was extremely professional and put me at ease. We emailed back and forth for several months about details for the wedding. About a month prior we met in person and did a venue walk through. Not only was she eager to hear ideas of what we wanted, but she was so organized! After the walk through I felt very confident that she was going to make sure everything and everyone was in it's place on our wedding day. We emailed back and forth during the weeks leading up to the wedding, and I mean a lot. Every time I had a thought or I was panicking about something I would quickly email Patricia and she would get back to me super fast.
    At the rehearsal, it was outside and extremely hot. We had a lot of friends from town that were in our bridal party so everyone was ready to chat and have some drinks. Patricia very pleasantly organized everyone in a timely manner and calmly explained how the day of was going to go down. She made sure we were able to practice several times and that she had everyone get in their cars on time to get to dinner.
    On the day of our wedding, I arrived about 10 minutes before our ceremony, I almost cried. Everything and everyone was in its place! It happened to be a 93 degree day that day but Patricia did not break a sweat. When I walked into our reception area I could not believe that she set everything up exactly as I had been imagining it for the past one and a half years, just from my description. I could go on, but I'm out of space. I can't thank Patricia enough for being a huge part in making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Patricia showed her professionalism under fire. She had to make some fast decisions when the vendor for the tables and chairs, which was chosen by the client, showed up four hours late and was assembling the tables at the same time that the guests were arriving. She made the decision to move the cocktail hour to a different location in the venue out of the sight of the vendor setting up.
    The guests never knew what was happening and the rest of the wedding went off as planned.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Victoria · Married on 09/25/2015

My partner and I hired Patricia for day-of-coordinating for our DIY intensive wedding. She was absolutely AMAZING! My partner and I both agree that this was the best money spent. Her prices were fantastic, she was incredibly organized and personable, and she dealt fantastically with the problems that arose the day of (bike race at our ceremony site that we didn't know of, uncooperative furniture rental vendors). With her help, our wedding went wonderfully well. We highly recommend Patricia!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Gregory · Married on 07/11/2015

I can't say enough good things about Patricia. She goes above and beyond what's expected, and of all the vendors we hired, I would say she is the one who provided the most value, and the one we would most verdantly recommend to someone else.

She is responsive and on-point with communications, she is thorough and detailed, and she goes above and beyond what's expected without asking. For example, we were originally going to have some of our friends set up the signage around the venue, but instead Patricia volunteered herself. When the flower vendor wanted to arrive early to setup, so did she. For the level of service she provides, she could charge a lot more. We were so happy with her that instead we gave her a 30% tip!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Marian · Married on 07/11/2015

Patricia was very helpful with making our event run smoothly without any worries. Our requests were met cheerfully and she considered our input and followed through so that our guests knew where they could park and where the ceremony would be held. Flowers, guestbook, and all our signs were taken to reception and we did not even know that all had been taken care of until dinner started.
    It was great working with her and her timely responses made all the pre-ceremony things to do less stressful.

Sent on 07/22/2015

We used Prepped and Primped to help coordinate just the ceremony portion of our wedding. We specifically worked with Patricia who was absolutely fantastic. Our wedding took place in Boston, but my husband and I live in San Francisco. Despite the geographical distance, Patricia was always responsive to our emails and phone calls and was an overall dedicated, meticulous and thoughtful coordinator. The ceremony as far as we know, went without a hitch. Leading up to the wedding, she made sure that every aspect of the ceremony was covered -- from the aisle runner, to making sure all vendors who needed to get paid on the day of were going to be paid, and even having emergency kits and water available for my bridesmaids and me. For the rehearsal, she printed out schedules and contact information for the wedding party to make sure everyone involved knew what the heck was going on. If you're looking for a coordinator who is organized, considerate and conscientious, P&P is the one to use!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kelly · Married on 11/14/2014

Patricia was amazing from the first moment we met her. She made sure we got exactly what we wanted. She sincerely cared about our vision. My husband didn't understand spending money on a wedding planner. I had to convince him to come to the meeting with me. When she explained to us everything that she would be doing( that he didn't have to do) he was very excited!
    Our wedding day was so amazing because we didn't have to worry about anything but getting dressed. She took care of everything that arose that day without even bringing it up to us! thank you for making our whole wedding experience wonderful! We will highly recommend you!

Sent on 02/06/2015

Patricia was our partial wedding planner and full day of coordinator for our wedding this past fall. She put me at ease when I met her because of how passionate she is about her profession. She went above and beyond in the planning process and on our wedding day. I would highly recommend her services. My day was stress free and went smoothly (not to mention everything was on time).

Sent on 02/20/2015

Erica · Married on 04/19/2014

Patricia is such a wonderful person to work with; truly listens and follows your dream. She brought my vision to life; when I arrived to the castle; everything was exactly how I wanted it. I couldn't of asked for a better Coordinator. :) Patricia will defiantly stay in my phone for future events.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Susan Maya · Married on 06/16/2019

Great vendor lists!

Patricia was overall great to work with. For the most part she was very responsive by email and I think the most helpful thing we got out of working with her was a short list of vendors that saved us a lot of time and also resulted in excellent vendors that we likely wouldn't have found/wouldn't have known about ourselves. The vendor recommendations she gave us were excellent and we were extremely happy with the photographer, band and florist, all of which were picked from short list she sent us. I also have to give her a special shout out for dealing well with stressed out parents on the day of the wedding (it very nearly rained during our outdoor ceremony). Only area to improve would be that when we had months before the wedding, she sometimes would say she was going to send us something (a quote, a list of vendors) by a certain date and then the self-imposed deadline would come and go without any word. I assume this was in part because at the time our wedding date was not imminent, but it would be helpful to have some communication about what's going on (even a note saying sorry, it's going to be another week). Other than that, we were very happy with Patricia and the services she provided (we did a partial planning package). I would recommend her to others.

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • W

William Sweeney · Married on 06/16/2019

Patricia was indispensable, her vendor recommendations gold

We worked with Patricia, and used her "partial planning" package + day-of coordination. From the groom's perspective (i.e., mine), she was amazing. What we pulled off on our wedding day simply would not have been possible without her (and a whole team of others). Right off the bat I want to say that we are so happy we went with Prepped and Primped, and heartily recommend Patricia to anyone else considering her.

Regarding the partial planning: my biggest critique is that we were often given one timeline (in terms of when we would get a list of vendors and the like) and then deadlines would pass without receiving a list and there would be no indication when we might expect it. This repeatedly led to time-crunches for choosing a vendor when we finally did get a list. This was marginally frustrating since we could have more comfortably deliberated had the original timeline been honored.

Nevertheless, Patricia never let things to *too* delayed, and apart from a few times when we wish we had a little longer to sort through vendors and coordinate with parents, there we no meaningful consequences on the wedding day. Perhaps things may have been a little different had we done full, instead of partial, planning, or were working on a shorter timeline (we had 18 months to plan).

Regarding vendor list: AMAZING. Patricia clearly has done her homework, and is careful to include vendors spanning a range of prices. Every vendor that we got through Patricia did their part to transform the event into exactly what we wanted. The band, the florist, the photographer... truly amazing. Cannot recommend her more highly for this.

Regarding day-of coordination: Again, truly amazing. She kept things rolling smoothly behind the scenes. We couldn't really tell you whether anything went wrong behind the scenes, because it was always managed without needing to involve any of the wedding party. From our perspective, the day was perfect and went off without a hitch.
    Plus, she had lots of great ideas for including our dog (who could not be there) on the name cards AND had some great decor suggestions that we followed an really helped to make the day special.

Sent on 09/22/2019