Premiere Catering Reviews

Premiere Catering 5
Premiere Catering 6
Premiere Catering 7

Courtney · Married on 06/09/2012

Premiere was absolutely AMAZING! They were very quick with emails and after we did our tasting and a sample menu was sent they were extremely flexible in changing the menu to better fit our budget. We had so many guests (and we totally agree!) tell how us how good the food was. John was so helpful, even when somethings changed last minute. During the reception the staff was very professional and always around without standing out too much. Food was always hot and ready to go for our guests. I honestly can't say enough about how good they were and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Kayla · event on 06/05/2012

Michael and his staff did a wonderful job with our event. The food and it's presentation was fantastic. We hope to use Premier again at a future event!!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Mary Sue · Married on 04/28/2012

My daughter married our son-in-law last Saturday. Premiere Catering did an unbelievable job. They were responsive, professional, timely, and above all, their food was delicious and beautifully displayed. The guests all raved about the food. I would whole-heartedly recommend Premiere Catering to anyone looking for the best caterer in Portland, OR>

Sent on 05/04/2012
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 04/21/2012

Premier Catering was everything we were hoping for and more... they did a wonderful job setting up the venue just as we had envisioned, and their food was DELICIOUS!! Everyone raved about the tasty flavors and beautiful display. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Crystal · event on 12/02/2011

I have to say, I was absolutely blown away by Premiere Catering. I really didn't check around with other caterers because they came so highly recommended by the venue I booked. I changed the linen color and our beer choice a couple times, once was even the week of the event. Every change was met with "no problem at all".
    I showed up hours before the start of the event to begin setting up our decor, so I got to see Premiere hard at work from the setup of the tableware, cooking the food, etc all the way through the cleanup process. From beginning to end, the staff was over-the-top in their professionalism, helpfulness, and friendly attitude. Anything I needed, they stopped what they were doing and went and got it, all the with a smile and they always asked if I needed anything else before they went back to the task they were doing.
    The food was spectacular. It could not have been better. Our guests raved about the food - not only the taste, but the presentation. The amazing food paired with the incredible service we received was just incomparable. They really helped make this event as special as it was. I have heard from many guests that it was the best party they had ever attended.
    We will absolutely use Premiere in the future and look forward to recommending them to anyone we know who is in need of a caterer.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Brittaney · Married on 10/01/2011

AMAZING FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICE!!! My wedding was the best day I have ever lived and Premiere Catering made it that much better! The food was exactly what I wanted and my guests loved it!!! The service was superb! For example, I had a surprise guest (my aunt from Europe), she is a vegetarian, my father had already told them this so that they could make a special plate for her. Apparently the lead server(Matt) overheard that one of my other guests was a vegetarian(I had NO idea), sure enough they brought here a vegetarian plate!!! This made it for me!!! I am a Manager at a resturaunt and this was one of the best services I have ever seen! Peter (chef) was OUTSTANDING.. he asked my father if he needed anything, my father responded with that he needed some vodka.. Sure enough, Peter gave him a cranberry vodka! And we didn't even have liquor at the wedding... Peter was prepared!!! If you are getting married in Oregon.. HIRE THEM!! They are worth every penny! They are the most friendly people you will meet! They give the best service I have ever seen! HIRE THEM!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Brittany · Married on 12/05/2010

Michael and his staff were amazing. Michael personally followed up with us (bride and groom) to make sure we had everything we needed. Not only did he do our catering but he was able to get the aisle runner for us as well. It was nice to have someone offer to help out with those little details. I highly recommend them. Brittany

Sent on 12/13/2010

Cheryl · Married on 11/20/2010

John and the staff at Premiere made our wedding a spectacular success! The food was the best and the freshest and the service was beyond all expectations. These guys are the absolute best in the Portland area. We went to tastings at every caterer listed in the Portland area and found Premiere to be the most professional with the best tasting food of all of them. They went out of their way to take a very personal interest in us and our wedding. I cannot say enough nice things about them. Thanks John for everything!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Erin · Married on 10/09/2010

Premiere Catering was worth every penny! My husband and I wanted to serve a champagne brunch following our morning wedding, and Premiere Catering made that dream a reality. The gourmet french toast and open faced breakfast sandwhiches were amazing and what's not to like about pigs-in-a blanket (sausages wrapped in mini pancakes)! In the weeks following the wedding numerous guests commented on how wonderful the food was - certainly not something I have heard about other wedding caterers. In addition, the staff was wonderfully accomodating and provided a number of excellent staging suggestions. I would definitely recommend Premiere Catering to a friend.

Sent on 11/14/2010

liz · Married on 10/01/2010

Premiere Catering was amazing! Their service is outstanding and their food is delicious. I would without a doubt use them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for a great catering experiance. Thanks Michael!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Kerry · Married on 09/16/2010

The best food around! The staff was anazing, I will use them again.

Sent on 01/12/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/05/2010

Michael and Peter made our wedding reception magical! They are completely focused on making their clients happy and were really fun to work with. The food was incredible, and they are way more than just a caterer. They helped with the design for the banquet room, going with me to select fabrics and dishes, and set up the ceremony and reception areas beatifully; including putting out the favors and centerpieces. They came in under our budget, and absolutely did not nickel and dime us for anything.
    From start to finish, Micheael was warm and professional, and you can tell Peter LOVES the food he prepares. Our guests absolutely raved about the steak, and the cedar-plank salmon was incredible. They were very flexible and creative with our menu, and designed a custom french-fry bar for the cocktail hour. Michael was responsive and very helpful through the entire process, and the day of the wedding he and Peter worked together seamlessly to pull off a wonderful event.

When you hire Premier, you hire a full-package catering and events service. I had high expectations, and they exceeded all of them. I unconditionally recommend them for anyone planning a wedding or event in Portland and surrounding areas.

Sent on 10/04/2010

Erin · Married on 07/05/2010

If you are looking for a caterer, definitely try to hire Premiere. They were amazing in every way. When we went for our tasting, it was obvious that Peter cares deeply about the quality of his food and it's presentation. Our guests were blown away by the delicious food, especially the tender sirloin steaks and the mashed potato bar served in martini glasses. Very impressive. The service was also great, as they were very attentive to everyone's needs. The wine list was wonderful, which the guests also were raving about. Many choices are available in food and linens, by far the best company we interviewed. Easy to work with and they gave us a big discount for a weekday wedding. You won't have to worry about the food, drink or set-up if you go with Premiere!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Shelby · Married on 09/25/2009

I have been to weddings catered by Premiere over the past few years. When I leared that Premiere was the preferred vendor for my own wedding location I was excited. Peter & Michael were fun & easy to work with, along with being very accommodating to our needs all along the way. We still have guests commenting about how delicious the food was 3 months later!

Sent on 01/01/2010

Darcy · Married on 06/21/2009

This has to be the BEST catering company in ALL of portland. Really...they were awesome. We didn't actually have a choice in the matter because our venue required this caterer. Now I know why, they are the BEST! They made sure everything went smoothly, they made sure me and my husband had a drink and food whenever we wanted it. The tasting room was amazing and they created a few signature dishes based upon me and my husband's wishes. It was fantastic and all of our guests raved about the food. Not to mention, their pricing is incredibily reasonable. This is a fantastic company!

Sent on 08/07/2009

Christine · Married on 11/08/2014

The food was wonderful. All of our guests commented that it was not typical "wedding food." They were very quick to respond and easily accessible. The value for the price was exceptional with many included extras such as linens, table settings, purple napkins, service, and more. They also took care of most of the behind the scenes set up and tear down. We had some minor miscommunications planning the menu early on but that was soon resolved and everything went off wonderfully.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/17/2012

We were amazed with how organized, accommodating, and available Premiere Catering was. They met with us three times before our wedding, including once at our site an hour and a half away from town. The staff was always willing to modify our menu with no questions asked. The most incredible part about Premiere catering is how much they take over! We were able to drop off ALL decorations for centerpieces, seating table etc, and Premiere put EVERYTHING together perfectly. Our only complaint, relatively minor, is that alcohol, especially the keg was not kept quite cold enough as there was a hard time keeping enough ice because of 100 degree weather!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Gina · Married on 06/30/2011

Premiere Catering provided excellent food and service on my wedding day. Mike took time out in understanding what I need for my wedding and helped me decorate my guest tables by showing me some examples and ideas from previous weddings.

Guests raved about the food and table presentation was very good. I will definitely consider them for my next event.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Kim · Married on 07/16/2010

Michael and his team did a superb job of catering my wedding at Bridal Veil Lakes on July 16, 2010. Literally everyone who came to our wedding loved the food. Some favorites were the martini mashed potatoe bar (including sweet potatoes) and the cedar plank salmon and roasted pork loin. I loved the all the roasted veggies and fruit skeweres. The only thing I didn't like was the stale bread. Overall the food was fabulous. They took care of everything from set up, to cake cutting, to clean up. I was very impressed!

Sent on 08/03/2010
  • J'Neil

J'Neil · Married on 09/15/2018

Premiere catering was a fantastic choice of caterer! We knew we made the right choice even when we told our venue our choice of caterer and they responded, "Oh! they are great, so on top it". Right from the start we appreciated how easy they were to get a hold of and how flexible they were in dealing with our odd schedules (we were planning from out of state). They food was delicious and we are continually receiving comments from our guests on how great it was. We loved that they made sure to have everything set up and helped with take down - making things easier for all of us at the end of the night. They tell you in our consultation that they will make sure the bride and groom get their food, and they certainly did that! Not only did John make sure to offer us a drink as we sat down, a server found us out behind the building as we waited for our photographer (out of the way of guests for a minute) and made sure to offer us some appetizers! They did a great job making sure everything was taken care of.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Emily · Married on 08/20/2016

John worked with us and was very flexible to meet our needs! The staff was professional and John replied to our questions quickly. The food was amazing and everyone at the wedding loved the meal and the signature drinks!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Robert · Married on 06/06/2015

Overall, Premiere Catering is very professional, high quality, and customer oriented. You can tell they definitely care about the quality and presentation of their food and reputation. We were referred to Premiere Catering by our wedding coordinator and wouldn't have it any other way.

We ordered the Plank Salmon, cold yakisoba noodles, and appetizers. Our guests specifically mentioned how good the Cedar Plank Salmon and meatball (appetizers) were. The meatballs were such a hit that the trays were always empty.

Michael and Peter accommodated to all our needs and had great communication and prompt response times throughout the process. When we found out that our venue did not allow caterers to use the ovens or any equipment for cooking, instead of backing out, Michael and Peter found a solution to ensure that no disruptions would occur. While they may not always work with other vendors or partner with other food options, they went above and beyond to help manage our other dishes from other vendors because they believed in making our wedding perfect. They went and tried the other dishes and understand how they could complement the ones from Premiere.

I would definitely do business with them again as they are very experienced and put your needs first.

Sent on 06/26/2015

anonamous · Married on 03/03/2012

the entire experience was excellent - from picking out the menu, working the details of the contract, the setup - and the meal and service at the wedding was excellent. I have had nothing but complements on the quality of the reception dinner.

The only area I am not giving a 5/5 is in flexibility - the reason for this is that I felt that I had to argue for some minor things related to the venue rather than have the crew simply take care of things: coat rack, placement of the video screen for the slide show and tracking and placement of leftovers were a few of these items.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Katie · Married on 08/21/2011

Premiere catered the buffet dinner for our daughter's wedding at the Aerie at Eagle Landing on August 21st. Michael and his staff were amazing! From first contact by phone with Michael we felt like we were his only client. During the next few months of planning he understood & remembered that we were working within a budget, listened and understood our wishes and offered ideas and suggestions to help create a beautiful dinner atmosphere. The little details were not forgotten or missed on the big day. Our elderly family members were eagerly assisted with their buffet plates by the Premiere staff and special request drinks were brought directly to our table. The food was out of this world! Great selection of items made the final menu choices hard to narrow down. The food presentation was creative and very impressive. Our guests went back for seconds and thirds. Premiere enjoys what they are doing and it certainly showed that day. Thanks for making our daughter's wedding such a wonderful memory.
    Bruce & Linda Heintz

Sent on 09/08/2011
  • O

Omid · Married on 05/30/2010

Premiere Catering was awesome! The food was excellent. We received so many wonderful comments from our guests about how great the food was (many said it was the best they've ever had at a wedding). Mike and the team were also very easy to work with and very flexible. It was also great that they provided everything (linen, plates, silverware, glassware, etc) and did a wonderful job setting up the venue beautifully. We could not have been any happier with our caterer!

Sent on 08/10/2010