Premiere Catering Reviews

Premiere Catering 5
Premiere Catering 6
Premiere Catering 7

April · Married on 08/28/2016

I cannot rave enough about Premier Catering! John is AMAZING! He is extremely accommodating, patient, and flexible. He made our wedding better than we imagined! He was happy to assist with other things outside of catering services the day of the wedding as well as in the weeks leading up to it. The food is incredible and the menu vast! I would not hesitate to book Premier again and I cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Alexandria · Married on 08/20/2016

AMAZING!! We are so lucky to have found Premiere Catering, I contacted so many caterers and as soon as I began chatting with Michael I knew we found our caterer. He was so quick to respond, professional, always very helpful and did a great job being up front with all costs and working within our budget. The tasting sealed the deal, the food was so amazing. We decided on passed houderves, the pasta bar, and the desert buffet. We had people raving about all the food and several guests texted us to see if we could get the recipes for the pasta. The whole staff did amazing, very professional and kind to the guests. It was so important for us to have good food and Premiere exceeded our expectations, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them to anyone I know!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Mercedes · Married on 08/06/2016

Value and extremely professional customer service and top quality menu.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Heather · Married on 06/24/2016

John and the team at Premiere were great to work with – their style of communicating worked well with mine (they answered all questions in bullet-form responses to mine, to ensure everything was addressed). They allowed us to be fully flexible with our meal options that we provided, and went above and beyond on any special ingredients or requests we made (oh man – Macaroni and Cheese bar was a success). We added in small details, like a late-night snack – those were a huge hit at the end of the evening! The tasting they offered was paired with commentary: understanding their thought process on how food is put together and offered was nice to hear. They also handled our rentals for us – from ceremony chairs to round plates with silver edging (I know… picky picky!) – they not only handled the contract for the rentals, but also the set up and take down. They had champagne for us in the room after the ceremony, and the team at the bar and wait staff were gracious and fun. I swear they should have joined us all on the dance floor after – so we could all celebrate what a great event they helped with!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Let me start by saying that food was not an initial priority for my husband and me. We figured that in order to have great food we would have to spend more money that we wanted to. Premiere was on our venue's list of approved caterers and one of three recommended by our coordinator. We picked them because their prices were the lowest. But their food was AMAZING! Absolutely amazing! One month later and we are still getting compliments from guests about the food. The chicken was perfectly cooked and still juicy, the steak is available with three different sauces, and the pasta rustica was delicious (and even better cold the next morning). In addition to the amazing food, Michael was so accommodating during the wedding! While my husband and I were taking pictures outside of the reception hall, he sent a waiter outside to give us some hors d'oeuvres and drinks. He made sure that we had drinks during dinner and he sent us home with leftovers. Also, during our tasting, my husband really liked the fig pizza hors d'oeuvres but we didn't end up picking it. Michael had them make a serving just for my husband! We highly recommend Premiere for catering any party. They were a large part of making our wedding as wonderful as it was!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Craig · Married on 04/14/2016

My wife and I were initially hesitant to go with them because they were the least expensive preferred caterer for The Foundry at Oswego Pointe. As it turns out, they were the least expensive preferred caterer because they wanted to offer the most value! I couldn't have been more pleased with the service that was offered. Before the wedding they sat down with us and gave us a sample of everything on the menu; I walked away not even needing a lunch! Due to unfortunate circumstances I was unable to get away from work to grab two kegs for the wedding as planned. With one short phone call they graciously picked both of the kegs up for me no problem. They even payed the cost upfront. Then, after the wedding they decided they weren't going to charge me for the two kegs and instead told me to take my wife out to a nice dinner! At the wedding they had an unexpected gift for me to help with the pre-ceremonial jitters! After the ceremony everyone enjoyed superb cooking coupled with top notch service! They truly helped make our wedding great. My wife and I wouldn't have been happier with any other caterer!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/14/2015

We had an AMAZING experience with John over the months leading up to the wedding and all of the event staff the day of! My husband and I will definitely use them again for future events. The guests continue to talk about the food at our party and they were so easy to work with throughout the entire process!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Richard and Tamara · Married on 07/30/2015

Premiere Catering was the best choice we could have made for our daughter and new son-in-laws special day. John and Peter gave us the "Nordstrom" customer service, professionalism and were helpful with suggestions to make the food and day even more special. Premier's staff was so attentive to the guests needs and John was always right there for the Bride and Groom.
    The guests were so impressed with the food choices and all commented it was delicious!
    It truly pays to hire such an "uber" team. Thank you, Premiere Catering and staff!

Sent on 08/06/2015

What a fabulous catering company! Professional staff, delicious food, superb presentation and overall a delight to work with. From start to finish they helped make our wedding perfect.

Sent on 08/10/2015

John and his team made our wedding catering PERFECT. People are still talking about how good the food was. It was 5 star restaurant quality and was delicious. We could not have asked for better caterers to work with. They helped us come up with a menu that fit our wants and our guests preferences. Words cannot express how delicious the food was. They truly made our evening the most magical wedding ever! Thank you so much!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Debbie · Married on 06/26/2015

Our daughter was married on June 26, 2015 at a beautiful venue at Mt Hood Bed and Breakfast. The wedding was a "fairy tale" but what really put it over the top was the food! Mike and his professional crew really took care of our every need. As mother of the bride every guest I talked to commented on the excellent food and presentation. I have been to many weddings where Mike has catered and I've always been impressed, but this wedding was "over the top" delicious and beautifully prepared! Thank You so much for making our special day the best it could be!!! To any future brides.... Premier is the best, dependable, professional caterer! Please let them take the detail of the food and beverage off of your stress list of things to do! You won't be sorry!!!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Wonderful to work with, delicious food, very up-front with costs initially and flexible throughout the entire process. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Brooke · Married on 05/24/2015

Food was a very important part of our wedding as we are both from San Francisco and pretty big "foodies." Premiere simply delivered and our cocktail hour/reception were fantastic. We did "family style" for our wedding and added a couple unique items, such as an intermezzo, that was custom made based on a brainstorming session we held with Peter and Michael. We were very pleased with the food and many of guests (a large number being from San Francisco), also raved about the unique dishes and the fun family style.

Gluten Free: When we met with Peter and Michael we were very pleased to hear they are well versed in Celiac Disease/Gluten Free dining and completed a training course on the topic as the bride has Celiac Disease. They were able to adjust the dishes as needed but without losing any flavor or originality. We really didn’t want to sacrifice flavor for Gluten free, and the best part is our guests didn’t even notice because it was done so well. Huge bonus as not all restaurants, caterers, etc know how to properly cook gluten free AND retain amazing flavors.

They also went above and beyond for the bride and groom by bringing us horderves while we were doing photos, and having two crisp specialty cocktails waiting for us right after we said our "I Dos." It was so special and you can tell that Michael and Peter really care about creating an exquisite experience with the food they serve and the service they provide. We were especially pleased with the professionalism of the staff and owners of this fine catering service. Highly recommend for any weddings in the greater Portland area.

Big Bonus: You can BYOB/Wine/Cocktails which is a huge plus! We simply delivered the ingredients for the specialty cocktails to their location and they did the rest. Fantastic!

Sent on 12/30/2015

James · Married on 05/02/2015

WOW!!! We are a same-sex couple and were impressed with their professionalism and attention to details. They made us feel like the single most important client, from the tasting - all the way to the incredible dinner they provided for our 200 guests.
    In the beginning, we had a rough idea of serving heavy appetizers. They jumped on our idea and provided amazing recommendations for both passed and station-type options. They began sketching out a vision for our special night right away, and were very responsive to our (seemingly) endless questions. When our May 2nd wedding date came around, we were blown away when we walked into the West End Ballroom to see the vision come to life. They provided for our every need and then some!!
    Many of our guests tell us that this was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. The Pesto Ravioli, the meatballs, and the mini grilled cheese/tomato soup shooters were BIG hits. That being said, the real culinary stars of the evening were the Cedar Plank Salmon and the Beef Brisket. Even those of us that "don't normally order" Salmon on a menu, were blown away by the flavor combinations. (My Father-in-Law is a Salmon fisherman and he said that this was by far the best he had ever had - Again, WOW!)
    John and Peter provided, what felt like, a small army of waitstaff. The entire team was fun, professional, a joy to work with, and they made our guests feel like royalty. The passed hors d'oeuvres, the meal service, the champagne toast, the cake... it all seemed to just happen with zero stress or effort.
    We WILL work with Premiere Catering again. John and Peter have our respect, admiration, and complete recommendation.

James and Bobby Waldner

Sent on 08/19/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/16/2014

I can't even begin to tell you how many of our guests approached us at the wedding and after about how amazing the food was and how incredible the service was. Premiere truly went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was even more amazing than we could have imagined. Matthew was such a pleasure to work with and so incredibly flexible! I can't say enough how glad we are that we chose Premiere for our caterer and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone! Thank you Premiere!!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Joan · Married on 09/20/2014

As parents of the bride we just enjoyed the choice our daughter made to have you cater like any other guest. We heard lots of kudos, oohs and aaahs. We agree.
    Everything was fresh, the meat expertly carved and cooked, elegantly presented. We highly recommend - A+

Sent on 09/22/2014

Tamara · Married on 09/07/2014

As the mother of the bride, I can only say that everything was well done! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The table settings were perfection, including the candles lit all about the room. Michael and his team provided excellent service -- Michael even assisted older guests and/or guests with their arms holding little ones by carrying their plates back from the Buffet to their seat at the table. The personal attention to details was not missed!! Because of Premiere Catering's professionalism, the reception appeared to be effortless -- so easy, so enjoyable, so elegant!!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Shawn · Married on 08/29/2014

With all the decisions that have to be made, choosing the right caterer was top on our list along with the venue. We did meet with 2 other caterers but only did a tasting with Premier. That sealed the deal. We loved everything we tried and had such a fun evening! We knew we were in good hands with Premier. John helped with our menu, place setting, table setting and rentals. Premier knows how to cater events, especially at the Foundry! Why use anyone else?
    The buffet was beautiful and I can't wait to see photos of the serpentine tables with all the extra side dishes that were included. The salmon, steak and ravioli entrees were delicious and we kept going back for more of the homemade chimichurri sauce!

Thanks to John and Premier for a beautiful reception!

Sent on 09/09/2014

We had an incredible experience having Premiere Catering cater our wedding. They provided us all of the information we needed before the event and were happy to answer any questions we had that came up. We felt fully confident in their professionalism, product and efficiency even before the wedding. At the event they took care of everything beautifully and many of the guests told me it was the best wedding food they had ever had. The servers were friendly and always present, and the attention provided from John really helped make a perfect event. I'd use them again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Megan · Married on 08/02/2014

Premiere Catering was absolutely amazing! They took care of everything, helped us with planning, and were so friendly and accomodating! The day of went so smooth, the set up looked beautiful and we are still getting compliments about how it was the best food people had ever had, and how wonderful the service was. They added special touches to the day to and truly went above and beyond all expectations. They made the day SO easy for us! I don't think it could have gone any better than it did! I am so grateful for all they did to make the day perfect!

Sent on 08/08/2014

My husband and I came back from our honeymoon so excited knowing we had leftovers from Premiere in our freezer from our wedding! One of the most common compliments we get from our wedding was, "The food was incredible!" Not only was the food delicious, as Mike and I knew it would be since we tasted it and knew right away we wanted them as our caterer, but the presentation was spectacular, and the servers were among the most attentive servers I've ever seen. The minute the ceremony was over, my husband and I were the first to the reception (it was just upstairs from our ceremony ballroom), and immediately a server was there with hor dourevs and beverages for us! We actually ate, PLENTY at our own wedding! Not a single glass was empty for less than a second before a server was there asking what beverage they'd like. From start to finish, Premiere catering was on top of emails, ready to answer questions, and helped make the planning process less stressful. Mike and I both knew the day of our wedding that we didn't have to worry at all about the caterers (or any other vendor we hired for our day for that matter). Some of our family members were so impressed, they said they wanted to write a review as well (they also want the recipe for the pasta salad that was served!) If you are vacillating at all between Premiere and another caterer(s), look no further than Premier. They are professional, kind, make delicious food, and have incredible service. You will not be disappointed and neither will your guests!

Sent on 08/01/2014

We used Premiere Catering for our wedding at Mt Hood Bed and Breakfast on 6/28/2014. Food and service was excellent. We had multiple comments from guests regarding the excellent food. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 07/03/2014

James · Married on 06/28/2014

I couldn't recommend premiere catering enough!! The food, staff and arrangements were amazing! Thanks again Michael peters!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Casey · Married on 06/20/2014

We live in the northern California and chose Premiere for our daughter's Portland wedding because they had the best reputation, and my experience indicated this is 100% true.
    I told John that my ranching family was coming to the wedding from Nebraska and knew quality beef and my expectations were that there be pleanty of good food and drinks. John was up to the task and everyone agreed it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding.
    It is said you get what you pay for, but in this case we got a great value on a great service.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Premiere was AMAZING! Food was delicious, guests went back for seconds! They were so helpful with everything! Everyone was extremely nice! I will recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer! I was extremely happy with Premiere!

Sent on 05/19/2014