Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service Reviews

49 | Belgrade, ME

49 Reviews for Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service

49 Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service Reviews

Jenny · Married on 08/18/2018

Jim was fantastic! He provided the sound and music at our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He knew exactly the right music to play for our intended vibe. He had our guests dancing from the minute dinner was over and the dance floor was still packed when the reception ended several hours later. We received many compliments from our guests on his excellent music choice and skills!

Kelsey · Married on 09/17/2016

Jim is absolutely the guy you want for your DJ! He was so helpful when we were planning our wedding and had so many great ideas. He made the process easy and stress-free! He absolutely killed it at our wedding and everyone loved him! He kept the dance floor packed the entire evening! Having he knowledge and skills to play certain songs at the perfect moments is what it's all about and Jim did it perfectly. I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding!

Thanks for making our night unforgettable Jim!
    Kelsey & Steven

Sent on 09/24/2016

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. I enjoyed your wedding day so much. I am so happy for you and your family. Best wishes to you both.

We would defiantly recommend Jim as a DJ. He was very helpful from the first conversation to the day of the wedding. He was very professional and guided us through all the different pieces of our ceremony and reception. The dance floor was packed the whole time and kept the party going all night.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. Your reception was so great. Thanks for having me! Jim-

Allyson · Married on 05/29/2016

I would absolutely recommend using Jim as your DJ for any event! Jim was super helpful from the first conversation I had with him. The website he provides is super easy to use and we could easily pick all of our must-haves and equally important.. do not play songs!

When it actually came time for the wedding, Jim provided songs for our ceremony outside and then kept everything going inside for our cocktail hour and reception. Everyone had such a good time and we have heard from multiple guests how great the music was! We had a few unique songs played and Jim handled them perfectly. He had so many people dancing on the dance floor we kept the party going for another half hour. Jim far exceeded our expectations and I would use his service for any future event!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is so important to me that you were happy. I wish you and Brett the very best. Jim

My husband and I were extremely happy with our choice of Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service. Jim was great to work with and helped us every step of the way. Our guest had a great time dancing all night!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Your great comments are so appreciated, best wishes to you both. Jim

Working with Jim and John at Premier Entertainment was a joy. Their professionalism and knowledge for DJ-ing weddings is impossible to beat. Friendly and accommodating, Jim worked with me on the timeline of events prior to our August 1, 2015 wedding and then John carried it all out without missing a beat at the reception. Our guests had a blast on the dance floor and they kept the music rocking and the dance floor full all night long. I highly recommend them--they are worth every penny and are a great value for the quality of services they provide. They were even able to provide the music for my processional and recessional during the ceremony beforehand. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

John and I loved working your wedding. I wish you many years of happiness! John and Jim

Samantha · Married on 07/17/2015

Jim was great to work with. We were a little picky about our song choices, and had a lot of "please do not plays." He was very respectful and courteous with us and our guests. He had all the guests out on the floor dancing all night long. My husband and I didn't have a couples dance, so we didn't have a special song. At the end of the night, as our guests were shouting, "One more song!" Jim played an upbeat song by Icona Pop, which is now "our song".

Sent on 01/28/2016

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thanks for your comments. All Night by Icona Pop was our Intro song, and it makes a great last song too. Thanks so much and had a great time too! congrats! Jim

Jim was the DJ at our wedding on May 30, 2015 and he had the entire room dancing all night! He mixed in my music selections along with his own choices and it worked perfectly. He even had suggestions on how to flow the scheduled dances (mother/son, father/daughter) into the dance party. He had a smile on his face the whole time and even handled all of the music requests of the guests. I planned my wedding from Ohio and he made it so easy and seamless! Jim is your guy if you are having a wedding in Maine!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your Guest were so much fun. Go OHIO STATE!

Kerri · Married on 07/25/2014

We were recently married at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, ME. Being from Massachusetts we had to rely on reviews and recommendations to pick our vendors. I read the reviews for Premier Entertainment and decided to take a shot. Jim Smith replied back right away and I knew after speaking with him that this would be a good match. From the beginning he always checked in to see if we needed anything and was so helpful. He has you fill out an event planner to get a feel for the music you want and goes over it with you the week before the wedding. He made me feel very reassured and he understands how stressful wedding planning can be as he was just recently married himself. Jim was extremely professional and I would highly recommend him! He had our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. Our guests are still raving about what a great time they had. Everything was seamless with Jim from start to finish and it was a pleasure to work with him!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you Kerry for having me as a big part of your day. You had a great venue and fantastic guests. Thanks and best wishes.

Ryan · Married on 05/24/2014

My new wife and I were very pleased with the level of professionalism, and the quality of our DJ services throughout our big day. We had wireless microphones for our ceremony, which made a HUGE difference, and they worked flawlessly.

For the reception, we could not have asked for anything better. Our DJ helped us shape the experience for our guests, very conveniently helped us plan the special events throughout the evening, and was VERY accommodating throughout the night. We had a blast, it was the best day of our lives, and the DJ did everything possible to help set a great mood! He kept everyone dancing all through the night!

I also want to say, the DJ was especially fantastic at making us feel more comfortable. He gave us tips on how to plan the day, gave us tips on how to cut the cake, and really assisted us to put the extra "polish" on the whole experience. He did all of this in a very friendly, professional way which only added to how awesome it was!!

I highly recommend these guys to anyone looking for a professional company that they can rely on to make their special day great! They certainly did that for us!

Sent on 06/13/2014

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy for you both and John and I wish you the very best!

Kit · Married on 05/03/2014

I don’t think our guests would have had nearly as much fun at our wedding if Jim hadn’t been there! He managed to put all of our requested music into a great flow for the night and had people dancing the entire time. Jim was sure to ask the groom and I how we would like things to happen and had suggestions for us without making us feel like we had to do what he was suggesting. He spoke with us just enough to make us feel comfortable while not so often as to seem overbearing. The online planning system was also really great and made sure we didn’t miss anything big while we were planning. Jim was also able to keep secrets/surprises that the groom and I each had for each other without giving anything away which made things even more fun for both of us. If I was to plan another wedding hiring Jim would definitely be one of the top three things I would do the same way again!

We also booked the photo booth. I didn't interact with Mistie as much the night of the wedding, but in the lead up to the night she was great at helping us pick out a logo for our photo strips and helpful in making the changes I wanted. I heard a lot of guests complimenting how nice and accommodating she was. She even let us bring our dog in to get some photos with him! There were a ton a great props and the booth could fit a bunch of people in at the same time!

Jennifer · Married on 03/29/2014

We planned our own wedding in Maine from our home in Florida. It was a great experience and Jim promptly answered any and all questions promptly!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

You guys were great and I wish you the very best!

Jim was very accommodating and generous throughout the entire process. Making the song list from his website was easy!
    At the wedding he played what I asked for and checked in if a song requested wasn't on my list. I told him to play other songs that fit into the vibe of the guest even if the songs weren't on my list.
    Overall great experience!!!

Lindsay · Married on 10/05/2013

DJ JIM! You are simply amazing. We can't say enough good things about you. We kept hearing people saying what awesome music was being played. One of the top moments in my head of our wedding was right after the formal dances and you said "OK, well let's get this thing going" and put on a great song and people couldn't get to the dancefloor fast enough... and STAYED!!! It was such a cool thing to see! You kept the floor incredibly busy and fun and awesome and we are so happy we got to work with you for our wedding. You did an amazing job, rolled with the unexpected, and made for a flawless night. Great music selection, great attitude, great everything. We can't say enough. I would recommend you to ANYONE who is looking for a great DJ and wants to know that the dancefloor will be busy and popular. You are amazing..... and you worked with us on your BIRTHDAY!!! THANK YOU!!!!! We really are so happy and thank you again.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

I am so flattered at your review. Thank you so much. You really made me feel special and made me almost like an extended friend. I appreciate that and I it make a difference! Thanks again and best wishes to you guys! :)

Lindsay · Married on 10/05/2013

Jim was amazing to work with. He was prefect in every way - professional, prompt, great at communication, had an excellent system that allowed us to be as involved in music selection as possible, and had a personality that made everything so much easier. He was fun, humorous, professional and really pleasant to work with. He had an amazing selection of music and kept the dancefloor going AT ALL TIMES. He was incredible and we were so happy that we worked with him - he was the glue that made our wedding as fun as it was. THANK YOU!

Liz · Married on 09/14/2013

Jim was excellent! He helped me set a timeline for the day and gave many suggestions for music choices. The up lighting we chose made the tent look fabulous!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Liz, your tent was awesome! Green was such a fabulous choice for a wedding color. Thank you for having me and I wish you both the best!

Liz · Married on 09/14/2013

Jim did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding. The dance floor was NEVER empty and we had so much fun. Played a great balance of songs to keep people moving. Had a blast. Would definitely recommend Jim as a DJ.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you Liz, It was just fabulous, you put together a day to remember! Your kind words are appreciated.

Erica · Married on 08/24/2013

One of Jim's associates, John, DJ'ed our wedding reception in Camden, Maine this summer. He was phenomenal. I like more club and dance music, but our families have a lot of older folks that enjoy oldies and country. I told him this as sort of a loose guideline and the mix of music he provided was simply perfect. The dance floor was packed all night and our guests are still raving about it being the best wedding reception ever. There were members of my family on the floor busting a move that I have NEVER seen dance before! I can't recommend John enough!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thanks so much for your review. I am so happy for you both. Best wishes.

We had to make changes at the last minute due to weather and Jim was amazing! He was flexible and attentive, and he kept the dance floor busy all night!!! :)

Sent on 05/20/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Its all about making it happen! I am so happy everything went so great. Best wishes to you both!

Brianne · Married on 05/04/2013

Jim Smith was a great DJ. He was very reasonable with pricing and worked with us every step of the way in planning our wedding ceremony and reception exactly the way we wanted it. We heard a lot of comments from guests on how much they enjoyed the music selection and the energy. I would definitely recommend for couples planning their wedding.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

Thank you so much for you great review! Your wedding was fantastic! Best wishes.
  • Christina S

Christina · Married on 03/23/2013

Jim is an outstanding DJ. He is extremely organized, easy to work with, and talented. I received many comments from guests on what a great job he did at our wedding. It was so easy to use his website to select exactly what we wanted. Everyone had a wonderful time at our wedding, and Jim was a big part of that. He is GREAT and both my husband and I absolutely recommend him 100%!

Sent on 04/16/2013

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

I had so much fun at your wedding. Your guests were fun and you guys really put together a nice day! Thanks for having me. :)

Angela · Married on 11/04/2012

Jim was amazing, from the first time we spoke right up until our wedding day. He always responded to my emails promptly.
    Not a single song on my " Do Not Play" list was played, even though one was requested. I could not possibly make a do not play list long enough. I wanted to make sure there eas nothing with any type of explicit lyrics in front of my little nieces. So in addition to a do not play list i had a whole catagory of music I didn't want to hear.
    Hurricane Sandy kept 2 bridesmaids and 1 groomsman from getting from NY to Me for our wedding. I had no chance to tell Jim until we arrived at the reception venue. This meant redoing our entire formal introduction list. And with 2 minutes notice, the introductions were perfect!
    I will reccomend Jim to any and all of my friends who ask. He was awesome!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Premier Entertainment DJ and Event Service's reply:

we had such a good time! Even Hurricane Sandy didn't keep us down! Best wishes! Jim

Jason & Jennifer · Married on 07/14/2012

We could not have been happier with our selection of Jim as the DJ for our wedding! We are from New York and had our wedding in Boothbay, so everything had to be planned remotely. Jim was terrific at communicating with us and worked with us to figure out all the details for both the ceremony and reception. He gave us as much choice as we wanted with our music selections and stuck to our playlist very carefully. The dancefloor was packed all night long and we couldn't have done it without Jim. Thanks so much!

Jennifer · Married on 02/04/2012

I would highly recommend Jim as a Dj for anyone's wedding. He was very professional and easy to work with. The music played at our wedding was just as we wanted it. We couldn't have asked for anything better. The dance floor was rockin all night long. The playlist and mcing was perfect! Jim also did uplighting for our wedding which came out awesome and made the room even more special. I couldn't have asked for a better day. If you want a Dj that will listen to you and help plan the day so it goes smooth, Jim is your Dj!

Amy · Married on 10/01/2011

Jim Smith is a blast to work with! He is very nice and very professional, and he definitely knows how to DJ! He did such a great job at our wedding. The entire night went off without a hitch! His equipment is excellent, the music and MCing sounded great, and we all had a blast!!!