Premier DJ Services Reviews

197 | Sterling, VA

197 Reviews for Premier DJ Services

Andrea · Married on 07/10/2010

It was such a pleasure to work with Dan Huynh on our wedding. My husband and I are both huge music lovers, and it was important for us to find someone who loved music as much as we did, and Dan definitely met that criteria. He was easy to work with leading up to the big day, and kept the party going all night long at our reception. He really listened to our needs and requests for the big day and met them all. He genuinely seemed to enjoy his job, and his enthusiasm was infectious. I'd recommend him highly.

Sent on 07/13/2010

Susan · Married on 06/26/2010

Overall, Premier DJ Services was phenomenal! From start to finish, Dan was amazing! The reception was so much fun! He totally made the party! He had all our guests on the dance floor by the end of the evening - including the super conservative first generation Koreans! He even added to the dance floor by break-dancing for a bit which totally added to the energy of the evening. And he did this all with a smile on his face the entire night which made everyone more comfortable with him (so i was told by many of my guests).

We received so many compliments on the music, from the cocktail hour, dinner music and of course the dance music! He really got to know us and figured out what we wanted to hear when. Many of the comments i heard was the music choice was awesome. i left most of the song choices to Dan and he totally delivered.

Dan was very professional and well-spoken but laid back and easy going. We were so impressed with him when we first met him, we chose him immediately. He met with us several times to make sure he got to know us and understand our preferences. This was wonderful because there's so much uncertainty when picking a DJ and the more we met with him, the more comfortable we were with our choice. Dan went above and beyond to make sure our day went well. He even provided the music used for the ceremony for us - on 2 CD's.

I highly recommend Premier DJ, you will be blown away!

Sent on 07/11/2010

Kellie · Married on 06/26/2010

Bryan and Dan were AWESOME to work with. They were very easy to communicate with throughout the entire planning process and were always willing to provide extra help in anyway possible. I always felt as though they had everything completely under control, so that I never had to worry about a thing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND their services :)

Sent on 07/12/2010
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 06/25/2010

BEST.DJ.EVER!!! Dan was accommodating from the very beginning. He was able to create the party atmosphere that we wanted for our reception and all our guests commented on what a great job he did. Would definitely recommend him for your event!!!

Sent on 06/27/2010

Carolyn · Married on 05/15/2010

Premiere DJ services was awesome! Dan met with us twice before the wedding to go over details, create a time line and make sure that the playlist would reflect what we wanted. My wedding coordinator was SO impressed with how professional Dan was and prepared. When I looked over and saw my conservative parents holding hands and jumping to "I've Got a Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas... I knew we had got it right. So worth every penny.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Lindsey · Married on 05/08/2010

Premier DJ services exceeded all of our expectations. The DJ's at our wedding were able to read the crowd and play exactly what everyone wanted to hear. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Kim · Married on 04/24/2010

Out of a group of great vendors we hired for our wedding, Dan definitely stood out. Before the wedding, he could not have been more accommodating to our requests and responsive to our concerns. He was always professional and understanding if we had to change a meeting time or something like that. And when we did meet, he was extraordinarily patient and did not rush through our meetings. He really did help us achieve the vision we had for our wedding, from dinner on through the end of the party.

During the event, Dan played a great mix of music and had everybody -- even my 90 year-old grandmother out on the dance floor having a good time. Problems will inevitably arise through the course of the party, but Dan handled each problem seamlessly like a pro so that the guests didn't even know there had been a problem. And when we had special last minute requests, Dan accommodated those as well.

At least when we hired him, Dan's pricing was a bit below market, but his performance was way above market. The week before our wedding, we went to another wedding where the bride and groom had paid a lot of money for their DJ who turned out to be terrible. So Dan gets high marks on the value for cost scale.

Bottom line: Dan's work created a great party and he comes highly recommended.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Jenny · Married on 04/10/2010

Amazing. Could not ask for more. Surpasses all expectations. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 04/19/2010

Travis · Married on 03/13/2010

Before I get into the meat of the review you need to understand something about our wedding/reception....things went wrong. Not wrong like I wore the wrong kind of shoes. But more so like the cocktail hour location was changed last minute, the power went out at the reception hall and we were running on a generator, and a bridesmaid went to the ER.

With all that said, I have not talked to anyone that was at the wedding that said they didn't have the time of their life! Simply put, Dan Huynh rocked the party. Dan played all the right music at just the right times to make everyone get up and dance! As you can imagine, he also worked well with the catering staff to make sure the guests saw minimal disruptions.

He was super responsive to our music requests both in the planning process and during the event and how we wanted the flow of the evening to go. He provided great insight as to how things would best flow given the timetable we were trying to work within. It was quite obvious that Dan has the experience to cater to the music needs of any cultural requirement as we had a large number of Cambodian guests.

If you want to work with an absolute top shelf professional who is experienced and and willing to bend over backwards for you - work with Dan Huynh and the team at Premier DJ Services.

Sent on 03/26/2010
  • Sandrita

Sandra · Married on 10/11/2009

I cannot say enough nice things about Premier DJ Services! After interviewing a long and disappointing list of DJ's in this area, Dan was SO refreshing and my husband and I were thrilled to have finally found exactly what we had been searching for! Our wedding reception was AMAZING in great part to Dan and his professionalism, fabulous personality and attention to detail. This guy REALLY knows his stuff! Our event was completely personalized to our specific needs...there was nothing Dan overlooked and he provided the perfect solutions to our venue issues. Simply perfect! Thank you, Dan!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Shelly · Married on 09/05/2009

We really enjoyed working with Dan of Premier DJ Services. He was extremely responsive when we had questions, comments or ideas about our wedding. We met with Dan on two different occassions to prepare for our wedding and on both it was a pleasure. Dan has such a great personality, it was really great to have someone that we liked so much as the DJ for our wedding.

Dan provided the music for our wedding and reception. He provided a wireless lapel microphone for our officiant, a wireless microphone and stand for our reader, and a second outdoor system for our ceremony. Many DJs tack on added costs for the use of their equipment but Premier DJ services had an extremely reasonable hourly flat rate for DJ time and all equipment. I don't know about sounds systems, but I will say the music had a good sound, the equipment was modern, streamlined and compact.

Dan looked great in a stylish black suit when he appeared for our event. He was extremely poised and well-spoken.

On the morning of our evening wedding, Dan had an equipment failure. Early in the day, upon learning of the problem, Dan contacted us to explain the situation--he always did a great job keeping me informed. Despite the problem, Dan assured me that everything would be o.k. and that he would take care the situation. I appreciated the fact that Dan contacted us to explain the situation in advance. Dan did whatever it took to take care of us and in the end, his services at our wedding were seamless.

I would recommend Premier DJ Services - Dan - to anyone that needed a DJ for their wedding or any other event. It was very nice to know who we were dealing with from beginning to end.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Caroline · Married on 08/15/2009

Dan was a great DJ! He took the time to meet with us a couple times prior to the wedding to get to know our likes and dislikes and to plan out the reception. He was able to take our suggestions and ideas and turn them into a playlist that really worked for the night. He was great at changing genres quickly depending on the mood and requests. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/25/2009
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 07/25/2009

Dan was extremely easy to work with. He was flexible, easy going, and responsive. He worked with my husband's desire to put together an extensive play list and was able to work a lot of the songs we wanted to hear played into his set at our reception. Dan did our ceremony as well, and just rolled with us when it started to rain and we had to move everything inside. He respected our Do Not Play List and didn't seem fazed at all when we had some last minute changes to the introduction of our parents and bridal party. The best part was that he really kept the party moving...the dance floor was full and I loved the way he had the music progress from classic older stuff, into 80s songs, and then on to current stuff. I really liked that he was able to accomodate last minute changes and adjustments and was so relaxed about everything. I feel Dan's service was a lot more personal than what you would get with alarge DJ company. Plus, because he's close in age to my husband and I, he really understood what kind of crowd we had and what music they would want to hear. I would highly recommend Dan and Premier DJ Services!

Sent on 08/07/2009

Matthew · Married on 06/20/2009

The DJ was great,very professional with excellent sound quality and song selection. Great value!

Sent on 07/06/2009

Adam · Married on 06/06/2009

Dan was very helpful and knowledgable not only with the music, but also with other ideas for the reception. He was very flexable with the music we wanted to play. Dan also did a good job getting our guests up and dancing.

Sent on 07/03/2009

Emily · Married on 05/30/2009

I was impressed how much time and effort Dan put into our wedding. We went through all the details of the wedding, which helps him to tailor the music to the event. I was amazed that he took the time to go through a lot of song titles with me so that he could get an idea of my taste in music. He was extremely easy to work with, and when the wedding day arrived, I felt like I was discussing last minute wedding details to a good friend instead of a vendor. He really went the extra mile to make sure that I felt completely comfortable about the music selection. His playlist was incredible, and he had my guests dancing all night! My wedding guests loved him so much and were having such a good time, that they kept requesting him to keep playing even after he announced the last song.

Sent on 06/11/2009

Bobby · Married on 02/07/2009

DJ Dan isa proffessional whom I would reccomend for any celebration. He played the music I wanted to hear and was very organized and thoughtful.

Sent on 02/19/2009

Carly · Married on 11/29/2008

Dan made sure my reception went as smoothly as possible. He was very easy to work with. He is a very laid back individual whom I'd recommend to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/30/2008

Justin · Married on 10/04/2008

Dan was the best vendor that we used for the wedding. He came over twice before the event to meet with us and go over set lists, etc. Consumate professional. I would recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2008

Loved everything about my DJ. He was easy to talk too and he made sure that my day was beautiful. He played all the right music, at the right times... I received compliments about him from everyone - no matter the age!!! My friends are ready to book him for their wedding!!! We had an awesome time!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/26/2008

Trang · Married on 08/16/2008

Leading up to the wedding, Dan met with us on several occasions to review the songs we wanted to play. With such a large population of songs to choose from, Dan helped us by providing us popular songs from different genres. This was helpful as we had a lot of wedding planning to finalize. Although I put off the song list until the very end, Dan was patient, and was creative enough to extend the song list during the wedding day based on how well he knew me. He was even flexible with our desire to have a different song for each party attendant!

Prior to the wedding, Dan had set everything up and had a list of everyone's name and song ready for the annoucements into the reception. During the wedding, all of our guests complimented our DJ on the song selections, his professionalism, and amount of songs he had available. The DJ (and the cake) made the wedding a great time. Our guests were dancing the whole time, and for the extra hour that we extended the wedding.

I would definitely recommend Dan to any friends that are looking for a DJ for their wedding. He is not only a great DJ, but also a great friend.

Sent on 11/05/2008

Emily · Married on 12/01/2007

I could not have been more pleased with Premier DJ Services. They were amazing in customizing my beach wedding to our exact needs and exceeded our expectations, Not only did they provide the ceremony/dance/ and dinner music, but also served as wedding coordinators as an extra service. I still receive compliments on the music and what a great atmosphere was created at my wedding. We simply gave a list of what we wanted played and it was! One of the main reasons why I picked Premier DJ Services is because of their reputation in the business and wide range of music selection. If you want a unique, customized wedding reception, with a great attention to detail and incredible music go with Dan at Premier DJ services you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/25/2008

J. · Married on 07/08/2006

Fabulous and fun! Dan did everything we wanted, and made for an entertaining and fun evening for our family and friends. He offered great ideas, had seamless transitions, and even entertained our guests! We would definitely use this vendor again! We have had several friends that have also used them, and everyone has loved them!

Sent on 03/03/2008

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/10/2017

Dan was absolutely amazing! I can't say enough good things about his services. Not only was he responsive and professional throughout the entire planning process, but his DJ skills were on point the entire night. Music was extremely important to us as both my husband and I love to dance! I can honestly say our dance floor was packed the entire night....to this day our friends continue to tell us how great our wedding was and I know it's in part the music that created such a fun atmosphere throughout the night...thank you Dan! If you are still looking for music options at your wedding, definitely book Premier DJ Services. You won't regret it :)

Sent on 07/19/2017

Nick · Married on 09/28/2013

Andrew was our DJ at our wedding and he did a fantastic job at our wedding! Anytime we had questions or concerns prior to the wedding, he would respond immediately. Andrew was a real pleasure to work with! Premier DJ services is a highly professional service and very affordable. We would use them again in the future!

Sent on 02/09/2014