Premier DJ Services Reviews

197 | Sterling, VA

197 Reviews for Premier DJ Services

Helen · Married on 10/15/2011

We were so lucky to have Dan as our wedding DJ! Originally we were unsure of whether to go with a band or a DJ, and we are 110% happy with our choice to hire Dan. From day one, he was attentive and enthusiastic about our wedding. He spent a good deal of time getting to know us personally, our taste in music, and our expectations for the wedding. He offered us the perfect balance of quality professional experience, while still understanding our individual needs/ requests. Not to mention, he truly made the wedding into an incredible party. We had countless compliments on the music, and even more importantly EVERYONE danced all night long. You will not be disappointed if you chose Dan for your big day! THANK YOU DAN!

Sent on 10/27/2011

Christine · Married on 10/09/2011

Dan was our DJ for both the ceremony and reception at our wedding. We met him once and knew right away that he would be the perfect vendor for our wedding. He was professional, enthusiastic and flexible and offered suggestions for music, he even gave us other suggestions and tips for other details for our wedding. We were so happy to hear that he has recently started offering lighting. He added uplights to our barn wedding and made the space look elegant.

Dan made sure we were on schedule for everything and that everything was smooth from playing the ceremony music, to announcements to the dance music at the end of the night. He made announcements as needed in a very professional and soft tone.

We let him choose our music, and were happy with all his selections for the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. He was also professional and prompt, having the setup ready when we arrived. Most importantly the sound level of the music was perfect from start to finish, it was not so loud that our non-dancing guests felt disturbed, but those who wanted to be on the dance floor, the sound level was enough to keep the dancing going.

All in all, we would highly recommend Dan and Premier DJ!

Sent on 10/10/2011
  • Sophia

Sophia · Married on 10/08/2011

Dan did an excellent job at our wedding! He was organized, well prepared, and kept the wedding reception going! He was very on point with music and most of all, he was very enthusiastic about his job! I would refer him to anyone! Dan and Premier DJ services is the best out there!

Sent on 10/13/2011
  • BISA

Ben · Married on 10/01/2011

Premier DJ Services provided the music and audio for a friends wedding about a year ago, and we subsequently hired Premier DJ Services for our own wedding.

Dan was fun to work with, professional, and pulled everything off with aplomb, including the last minute dance hall change. He met with us twice before the wedding and happily accommodated our requests (mostly for do-not-play). When we didn't know what we wanted to play for specific songs or events during the wedding, Dan gave us recommendations which worked out great. Most importantly, everyone had a great time on the dance floor, our friends and our family, from the young kids to their grandparents.

We had a great wedding, and Dan's attitude and DJ aptitude made it that much easier for us to enjoy the night.

Sent on 10/08/2011

Jon · Married on 09/17/2011

I can't find enough good things to say about Dan at Premier DJ Services. He is unbelievably easy to work with, priced reasonably and great at what he does. From the day we signed him until our wedding day, he was very responsive and flexible offering great suggestions and advice when we seemed a bit frazzled. Our dance floor was packed the entire night by guests of all ages. Even when it seemed like the party might die down a bit, Dan brought it raging back with great music and some personality.

My wife and I never really had "our song". So when it came time to pick one to dance to, we were genuinely clueless and embarrassed. We emailed Dan with our dilemma and he got back to us shortly thereafter with a few songs that aren't used much, but he thought they suited us. Would you know it... we now have a song. He absolutely nailed it and everyone at the wedding loved it. More importantly, so did we.

Dan is also very generous and flexible. The day before our wedding, we found out that our officiant would need a microphone because he's too soft spoken for the venue. All it took was one email to Dan and everything was taken care of... and somehow me managed to hide the speakers in the bushes. People were literally looking around trying to find out where the sound was coming from. It was awesome.

USE HIS UPLIGHTING. It literally made the room. Our colors were black, white and apple green. Dan put green lights all around the room to shine up on our tent. It looked beautiful. I honestly can't imagine what it would have looked like if we didn't use the uplighting. And from talking other vendors, his prices are super cheap. He'll definitely offer you a bargain to make your big day even better.

We couldn't be happier with Premier DJ Services. If we had it to do all over again, Dan would be one of the first people we'd call. Very highly recommended.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Becky · Married on 09/10/2011

Premier DJ Services and Dan the DJ were amazing. From our first meeting we had with Dan we were sold, in fact we didn’t even meet with other DJ’s we were so impressed! We met a few times and communicated over e-mail so he knew what we were looking for music wise for our reception. He was great with offering suggestions, and helped us develop a timeline for our events at the reception. But most importantly he ROCKED! The dance floor was packed all night and the energy was Phenomenal! It was obvious that Dan was enjoying himself because he has a love for music and entertaining and this rubbed off on the party. I could not recommend this company any higher and Dan was a big part of why our reception was so much fun and so special. Thanks!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • Fricka

Fricka · Married on 09/04/2011

We met with one other DJ before we met with Dan from Premier DJ Services. We knew immediately that Dan was the one for us. Dan wasn't just our DJ and lighting guy. He helped organize our families that otherwise would have wandered off. Dan has an awesome presence in front of the mic and his quick wit made all our guests comfortable and everyone had a great time.

We had a non-traditional wedding and Dan did not blink when we told him that we wanted to have games at wedding, similar to traditional Asian weddings. Dan gave really great suggestions, not only music-wise, but also for the timeline and flow of the event and did not hesitate to do anything we asked him to. Dan was always reachable on email and super responsive. He met with us three times before the wedding, all at a time and location of our choosing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dan and Premier DJ Services to anyone.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Terri · Married on 08/27/2011

DJ Dan (from Premier DJ Services) provided the so much flexibility for us especially with HURRICANE IRENE in Princeton, New Jersey!

Dan was available to meet with us at our convenience, in date, time and location in preparation for our big day. He provided some ideas but he was not so pushy or bossy about what music selection we should use or when to use it. He is available by phone and email, and responds quickly!!! We do not reside in the same region as Dan, but we were able to communicate well by email that we had our contract signed through his convenient e-sign contract.

If you want to hear about flexibility, Dan provided DJ services for TWO WEDDING EVENTS! We had a cultural wedding where he played cultural music provided by my family, and then a traditional/legal wedding where he performed the ceremony and the reception. I couldn't be any happier because he worked so well with our event coordinator at our wedding venue and with the music, he picked out the best parts of the song for bridal party entrances in the reception! He could switch gears from one wedding to the other!

If you want to hear about even more flexibility, our wedding was supposed to be outdoors and with Hurricane Irene, there was a chance of cancellation due to the state emergency. We ended up having it indoors and Dan was able to move his gear from the ceremony to the reception quietly, without damage and ready for our cocktail hour in another building!

We really enjoyed his spunkiness and his personality is so cheerful! He's very engaging with the guests and plays every genre of music possible (upon your request, of course).

We really wanted classical music for our ceremony, and by providing him with the list of songs (and type: piano vs. string, etc.). The music was not too soft or too loud in the ceremony.

During the cocktail hour, the music was so soft and it wasn't irritable! We didn't have to pick out the songs, but we could've. We saw him at another wedding and thought, WOW! so we had to go with him. Anyway, the cocktail hour music selection was superb. He selected soft music and again, it was neither too soft or too loud.

The reception was a ball! His tone in voice was excellent when introducing the bridal party and on a side note, his pronunciation was awesome! He didn't butcher anyone's names.

For dancing, he has a great rhythm! The music genre and the music era that he played were done well. He didn't jump from a pop song from today to an 80s song! With the people we had that challenged the hurricane, everyone was dancing the night away!

I don't want to exclude any the guys that assisted him. John (or Johnny) Olesak and Matt Hastings! They helped Dan with the set up and clean up! Our wedding vendor were trying to kick us out due to the Hurricane AND a tornado that was an hour West of the wedding, where Johnny and Matt quickly cleaned up and packed up the car. It's not a one-man show for Premier DJ Services. Johnny and Matt provided their own personalities that really got the people out on the dance floor! They both present themselves well and do not dress like slobs. I heard that both Johnny and Matt have started to DJ and I'd recommend them. They've worked with Dan that they would provide the same quality as DJ Dan!

Overall, my husband and I have seen him at a number of weddings and thought, "Hey, he's really good!" Dan presents himself well. We've seen grungy DJs that come in t-shirts and have a busted up beard, but Dan... he's incredible! Out of all the things to go wrong during a hurricane, Dan made it up from his location in Virginia up the East Coast (in the same direction as Hurricane Irene). I'd recommend Premier DJ Services to everyone!

Thank you Dan, Matt and Johnny!

Sent on 08/29/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2011

Premier DJ Services did an amazing job for our wedding. They provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They had such a good grasp on what my (now) husband and I wanted. They made all the decisions on our music based on our pre-wedding meetings and everyone had a blast. Our weddings was definitely one where everyone danced. I thank Premier for making the music part of my wedding so easy and for also making my wedding so much fun!!

Sent on 08/01/2011

Emily · Married on 06/12/2011

DJ Dan Huynh is amazing! Very professional, very nice, helpful, and accommodating to every thing my husband and I wanted. Every single song was perfect! The dance floor was alive and all of our guest were up! Song requests are checked with you first, just in case you dont like that song :-) Which came in handy... my husband hates Gaga. Dan made sure none was played :-) I will be recommending him to ALL of my friends. He is the way to go!!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Jaime L. · Married on 06/04/2011

Not only is Dan at Premier DJ Services professional and experienced, but he really made an effort to personalize our music at the reception...and it ROCKED!! I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/15/2011

J · Married on 05/22/2011

Dan worked with us before and during the wedding to ensure that our music was not only exactly what we wanted, but also music that the guests enjoyed. The result - an evening of memories and a great dance party!

Sent on 06/20/2011

Daniel · Married on 05/14/2011

Dan was the DJ for our wedding in May 2011 in Washington D.C. and words can not decribe the amazing job he did. We met with Dan before the wedding and he was so easy to work with. He took our vision and rolled with it to plan an amazing event. Even our other vendors we used had nothing but good things to say.

He provided music for our cocktail hour and reception and was a one stop shop for eveything we needed. The music was amazing all night for our crowd. He played a great mix during dinner and MC'ed our entrance and events during the reception. We had a good mix of young and old and he played the right mix so everyone enjoyed the night. He even broke out some break dance entertainment for our guests.

Overall Dan provided a great night of fun and dancing. He was a very personable and interacted with all our guests with the utmost professionalism. I would recommend Dan to everyone.

Sent on 09/13/2011

John · Married on 04/30/2011

Dan did an AMAZING job at our wedding. My wife and I have always disliked too-loud music at weddings, and when Dan did my friends the volume was perfect (my friend recommended him to me as well). We met with him twice before the wedding, and he was very responsive and helpful with the planning and music. I never felt like I had to worry about anything he was taking care of. In addition, on the night of the reception, everyone was having such a good time that a few people asked him to stay another hour. He was totally willing and took payment on the spot. I would recommend Dan to anyone.

Sent on 01/05/2012

Aaron · Married on 04/10/2011

Dan was fantastic. I was concerned because our taste in music was quite specific. I emailed him very specific songs for almost a year and he was very responsive about how he felt our selection would influence our family and friends. His music tastes are broad and he has a special ear for genres and periods of music. He is not egotistical at all but very professional. My family was very impressed with his ability to adapt and enhance the organization of our wedding day. He was not just a DJ but an emcee. His equipment is state of the art and he will provide for you exactly what it is that you ask of him. Our wedding was geared towards 70's soul and 90's R&B. There were individuals at the wedding however (my father in-law) who demanded "Rocky top", Sinatra and of course my bride wanted some Rihanna. Dan blended them all together so that no one felt awkward and everyone had a great time. Well worth every penny. I was thinking of doing the music myself or having a family member do it. Thank God I chose Dan.

Sent on 04/28/2011

Jessica · Married on 03/26/2011

We loved Dan. He was so attentive and really just wanted to make sure he gave us exactly what we asked for. He even sent us a few different playlists to make sure we were on the same page.

DEFINITELY affordable, especially for the quality of service. Our dance floor was crazy the entire night. He did our ceremony perfect as well, and we had a few obscure and tricky tasks, and he pulled them off without a hitch.

Highly recommended.

Sent on 04/02/2011

Meghan · Married on 03/19/2011

Asking Dan to be our DJ was one of the easiest and best decisions we could have made in the wedding planning process. Dan was a pleasure to work with, from the time we first met, through to the very end of the wedding. He was extremely responsive during the planning process.

We chose not to give Dan a "must" or "don't" play list, and instead just let him do what he does best! True to his word, he kept the dance floor packed all night, and there wasn't a single person who didn't spend some time on the dance floor. We got so many compliments on how much fun our guests had at our wedding, and I think that is largely attributable to Dan. When Dan announced the last song, our guests boo'ed!

I can't say enough good things about Dan, and I highly recommend him as your DJ!

Sent on 03/23/2011

Courtney · Married on 11/12/2010

I cannot say enough good things about Dan. Dan was the DJ for our wedding in November 2010 and he did an amazing job. The dance floor was packed the entire night and guests are still talking about how good the music was (four months later!) If you want a DJ that is young, hip, a ton of fun and someone that can really get the crowd moving, then you need to book Dan.

Dan was so easy to work with. We met with Dan twice before the wedding to discuss our vision for the big day. Dan was really helpful when it came to setting a time table for the reception. He is very experienced and had great suggestions for when to cut the cake, have our first dance, have the father-daughter/mother-son dance so that we were not jumping from one thing to the next, but that everything was nicely spaced out and the flow made sense. As much as I wanted to micro-manage the music for the wedding, I made the wise decision to let Dan handle it. He is the professional, after all and things could not have worked out better. I did give Dan a do-not-play list, which he honored, and a must-play list which included the handful of slow songs that we wanted and a couple of other favorites.

The night itself went so smoothly. Dan kept us on schedule, took care of the introductions and played great music. The dinner music was tasteful, but not boring (no elevator music) and he made a seamless transition into the dance party. My husband and I had a blast, our family and friends had a blast, and we have Dan to thank for an amazing evening that we will never forget.

Sent on 03/13/2011

Kathleen · Married on 11/06/2010

We had the most positive experience with Dan from start to finish. We were planning a wedding in VA from Ireland and had small windows of time when we could talk or meet in person and Dan was so accommodating. In the final weeks of preparation some of my old friends offered to play guitar at the ceremony and Dan took care of all of the technical arrangements for us. I also realised that the hotel where we were getting married didn't provide sound for the ceremony, and again Dan came to the rescue. Once the reception started our dance floor was packed from beginning to end. His choice of song and order played kept people out on the floor all night long. He also kept me aware of when we were going off schedule and when we needed to hurry things along. Our wedding was the best night of our lives and I can honestly say that having Dan as our DJ made the night incredibly special. I would recommend him wholeheartedly!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/16/2010

DAN IS THE BEST!!!!! He was absolutely fantastic. He knew just how to get the party started. Everyone loved him. He met with me a few times and checked in with me to see if I needed anything. At one point I needed to change our contract and he had no problem with that. He was one of the best vendors I worked with. THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2010

Andrea · Married on 10/09/2010

Christian Felan of Premier DJs was AWESOME!! I received so much positive feedback from my guests, many of which never left the dance floor:) He played hit after hit, all of my requests as well as my guests requests. He was extremely flexible when the time line that I gave him constantly changed, and was able to accommodate any of the changes we made:) I highly recommend him to anyone planning a big event...we are definitely keeping him in mind for the next big party we throw!!

Sent on 10/12/2010

Kelly · Married on 09/24/2010

We had a phenomenal experience with Premier DJ Services! Our DJ was very flexible with what we wanted and was awesome at moving the wedding ceremony and reception along with no glitches! The night went so smoothly that time flew by and we were sad when it was time for the reception to end. On top of that, my parents are still getting phone calls from friends and family of all ages saying how amazing the reception was. This is all thanks to Premier DJ Services. I have never been to a wedding where all age groups are included and having a great time until our wedding a few weeks ago. Thanks to Premier DJ Services for making that possible! I would highly suggest using them for your special day!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Eric · Married on 09/18/2010

Dan played our wedding in September in Old Town. Finding him in the first place was an unparalleled stroke of luck--another DJ had backed out on us just a few months before the wedding and after a long search, we were referred to Dan. He met with us right away, and we sat for a long time chatting about weddings, music, and many other things. We clicked right away. His love for music and passion for putting on a great party was evident right from the start. He immediately showed his great musical taste and knowledge of exactly what gets your guests out on the dance floor ready to party.

We had a number of meetings, even via Skype, to settle our playlist and other elements of our wedding. He played an integral role in the entire night, beginning with the prelude and the music during the ceremony, moving outside for a cocktail hour, and then seamlessly coming back in to get everyone seated, eating, and most importantly, out on the dance floor for the rest of the night.

He had amazing suggestions that truly impressed our guests--other vendors actually asked us for our playlist, which is quite the compliment for people that are involved in more than their fair share of weddings. But the best part of all is that once he got people out on the dance floor he put together a set that people literally couldn't stop dancing to. The floor was packed all the way until the final song.

But to get down to it, he was a consummate professional, worked hard to make our night exactly how we wanted it, wasn't afraid to offer helpful suggestions and steer us the right direction, and kept our guests happy without caving into inappropriate requests or songs that would kill the vibe. We loved working with him and have already referred him to a few friends with upcoming events.

Sent on 12/29/2010
  • chau

Chau · Married on 09/05/2010

Dan DJed our wedding over Labor Day weekend and did a fantastic job. He was extremely helpful prior to the wedding in using his experience to guide us with the timing and structure of the reception as well as music selections. Dan was very professional and he had a deep and diverse selection of music. He kept the party going and there were never any awkward moments. Dan was even nice enough to play some Cha Cha selections for our mother/mother-in-law even though they didn't fit the flow (it's always good to keep the moms happy!).

Sent on 10/10/2010

Kim · Married on 08/14/2010

Dan DJ'd our wedding in August and did a FANTASTIC job. Prior to the wedding, he was tremendously helpful, providing numerous suggestions and recommendations (songs, timing, schedule, etc.) based on his experience. He always responded to my questions quickly, going above and beyond what was expected. During the reception, Dan rocked the house - his music selection was awesome. The night was a whirlwind, but I remember thinking how much I wanted to go dance with each song that came on. I would highly recommend Dan. He is incredibly professional, very personable and your guests will have a great time!

Sent on 09/17/2010