Premier DJ Services Reviews

197 | Sterling, VA

197 Reviews for Premier DJ Services

Premier DJ Services 1
Premier DJ Services 2

Book. Him. I went through a couple DJs that I had found on WeddingWire, but they all had a slimy salesman feel to them over the phone. I knew within the first 5 minutes of talking to Dan that he was it. He accomodated ALL of my picky song requests, and even upheld my ban on Keisha (I know because one of my bridesmaidz complained that he wouldn't play a song by her). Because our wedding was smaller we didn't really have a lot of dancers, but Dan still kept the music pumping until the very end. He takes the time to make sure that you get everything you want. Amazing!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Natalie · Married on 05/25/2013

Dan at Premier DJ was absolutely INCREDIBLE! He had our dance floor packed the entire evening and our guests are still raving about the amazing reception experience! He is professional, upbeat, energetic, and fun! Truly the best!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Dan was awesome! He had a great feel for his audience and kept the dance floor packed all night. He even showed up to our welcome reception on Friday and got to know our families, and on our wedding night he played a few special songs for them based on the conversations he had the night before. I can't say enough about what a great job he did.

Sent on 07/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/13/2013

During the stress of the wedding planning process, I didn't truly get excited and my husband didn't get involved or excited until our meeting with Dan. Dan was personable, responsive and flexible. He was great to work with and would recommend him a thousand times over. Throughout the night, I had many guests comment about how much they enjoyed the music or that the "DJ was on it!". Even my picky parents really enjoyed the music he selected for our wedding. We wanted a light hearted affair and upbeat, eclectic music set. We got just that and it really made the night a huge success.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Emily · Married on 03/03/2013

Andrew was a pleasure to work with and very accommodating. Beautiful music was played all through the night! I strongly recommend Premier DJ Services.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Brittanie · Married on 12/29/2012

Dan is a spectacular DJ. He took a list of my "must plays," "likes," and "do not plays," and made an unbeatable playlist for the wedding. Everything flowed perfectly, and the night turned in to a huge party! My guests kept commenting on how awesome the music was. Dan was also very flexible to mixups, and would have gladly put together any kind of mix we wanted. At the last minute, my dad wrote a song for our father/daughter dance, and handed Dan a flash drive of the song right before the reception. Dan took it without a hitch and it went perfectly! I would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Premier DJ Services did an amazing job for our wedding. They really take the time to listen and understand what you are looking for. We were so pleased with their services. We have had a number of people from our wedding tell us what an amazing job our dj did, a couple of our friends even said it was the best mix of music they have heard at a wedding. We were so pleased and happy with them and highly recommend this company.

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/13/2012

Dan is an amazing DJ and since hiring him, FRIEND! His outgoing personality is fun and easy to work with and his flexibility makes him amazing to work with as well. I want to get married again just so we can boogie the way we did the night of our wedding. The dance floor was packed and everyone said it was the best reception they've ever been to!

Sent on 11/02/2012

Dan was an absolutely fantastic DJ for our October 2012 wedding. He was the only DJ we met with, and we knew after five minutes that we was the perfect person to get the party started at our reception. Dan very graciously accommodated our fairly specific requests by sharing Spotify playlists with us a week in advance of the wedding so we were perfectly synched up. His lighting and sound design were exactly what our venue needed to really pop, and many people told us afterwards how much they enjoyed his selections and management of the songs. He also means what he says when he promises to enforce your no requests rule-- a very rude guest got extremely upset at this, and Dan handled him like a champ. We enthusiastically give Dan our highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Micah · Married on 09/29/2012

Dan was such a pleasure to work with! He was responsive and provided us with the best advice regarding our timeline, introduction, etc. Most importantly, the music he played was FANTASTIC! We gave him a list of some songs, but for the most part he knew exactly what to play at the right time. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing the night away! Each of our guests told us that it was one of the best weddings they've been to... We attribute part of that to the amazing music and of course, the best DJ in the DC metro area!!! We give him a 5 all the way!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Emily · Married on 09/29/2012

Johnny was the DJ at our wedding. He was easy to work with and most importantly responded back to all of our questions right away. He provided a lot of valuable information and suggestions regarding lights, music, mics, and our venue since he had previous experience deejaying there.

Music was on point, we provided a list of our favorite songs. There were different mixes and cover songs that made it more interesting. Overall, my husband and I were very happy with their service and would definitely recommend them to anyone having a wedding/event.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Tori · Married on 09/02/2012

I had a wonderful experience working with Dan Huynh of Premiere DJ Services. He was accessible, reliable, extremely friendly, accommodating and cool. Since our wedding and ceremony was going to take place in 1 location but over a few different rooms, Dan willingly came along to the venue to do a walk through. He carefully made sure he would not only be able to run speakers from where his DJ table was setup to where we'd be eating, but also had a backup plan in case, god forbid, the signal didnt make it through the thick stone walls. Our wedding ceremony was probably the most important part of the day to me, and music played a huge part in that. Dan make sure each track I chose (and yes he was totally fine with my choosing as much music as I wanted) played at the perfect volume level and for the perfect length of time, fading out exactly where I wanted. 2 nights before the wedding, he sat on the phone with me for over an hour, alleviating my concern about our guests being able to hear us if we decided not to be mic'd. When it rained the day of our wedding, I know he worked his butt off switching his setup from under our tent to a totally new space. And the party rocked. The night was a whirlwind, but I remember very well, that the music and dancing was a blast! Dan is not only a really talented DJ, but an awesome guy who is extremely detail oriented, experienced and really goes the extra mile to make sure the soundtrack to your day comes to life just as you've always imagined it. I highly recommend Premier DJ Services.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Dan was wonderful to work with and provided exactly the music we wanted for our cocktail hour, dinner and dance party! I received several comments from guests about how great the music was during dinner and the dance floor was packed after dinner, so the music selection was perfect! It was exactly what we wanted without the cheesy, stereotypical "wedding DJ". Thanks Dan!

Sent on 09/15/2012

Kathleen · Married on 08/10/2012

Dan was the BEST. Besides being a JMU Duke, which got me from the get go, Dan showed off his break dancing moves during the reception! It was AWESOME! He know what we wanted better than we knew what we wanted. His DJ services are a great deal and definitely a great choice. Thanks Dan! GO DUKES!

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 08/04/2012

Having Christian as our DJ was the single best investment we made. I mean it. He was kind, funny, friendly, laid back but attentive, and so knowledgeable about the whole processes. We didn't know what we were doing, so he gave us a list to mark out our favorites, do not plays, etc. and any extra songs we thought up. He made planning so much fun and so easy for us. He wanted to give us as much control as we wanted to have or to take care of as much as we wanted him to.
    With Christian there, we had no need for a wedding coordinator. He directed everyone by our request to throw rice as we entered, coordinated tables going up to the buffet, and worked well with the catering/venue staff. We asked him to use his judgment for timing of the cake and bouquet toss instead of naming a time. He watched the crowd and just as people a breather, called for the cake cutting. The venue had to actually kick us out because everyone kept dancing past our time.
    Our guests of all ages danced and laughed the ENTIRE time. I've never seen anything like it. In the last month (sorry this is late), we’ve had every guest we've spoken to tell us that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. Every guest. We both know that it was because of what Christian did.
    Our guests knew it too (he'll try to say that it was all the great songs you picked—but we know it's how he put it together and paid attention to the crowd that made the difference!) In fact, friends of ours getting married in September asked him to do their wedding too. (We went to that wedding last week and had a blast too!) We want all of our friends to use him so we can go to his parties.
    In all seriousness, you absolutely could not do better for a DJ than Christian. We were so blessed to have met him, and he simply made our wedding exactly what we wanted: a fun, joyful, party that everyone can't stop talking about. Thank you so much, Christian. You're the best.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Jasmine · Married on 07/28/2012

It is a testament to Dan's superior dj skills and his friendly reassuring demeanor that my parents are still talking about Dan three months after the wedding. How do you make a mom who wants a scratch dj and a Brazilian samba band with a mom who wants country line dancing with a bride and groom who want to dance all night to rock and hip-hop all happy? Hire Dan. Seriously. After talking with Dan on the phone, both my husband and I knew Dan was it. He really takes the time to listen and has a very calming but energetic way of making you feel taken care of. When we met with him in person (which by the way since we were having a destination wedding for us, his flexibility was awesome!), he had some great suggestions. He is very professional and answers all questions promptly. It is very relieving to know that you can rely on him. During the wedding itself, he had the music really flow and made all necessary announcements in a very smooth way. Seriously who can mix up old school hip-hop like Poison, the Horah (for a non-Jewish wedding), indie music, a Brazilian samba, and get in the Electric Slide? We had so much fun that my husband split his pants during the reception and I changed into a reception dress because I was busting out my running man and breaking a sweat. We still get comments about how much fun everyone had at the wedding. And he is a super nice guy! You can't not like him. I can 100 percent recommend Dan for any kind of wedding party.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Doroth · Married on 06/23/2012

My fiance and I cared about three things at our reception: Food, Drink, and good MUSIC! We knew that the DJ would play a huge role in setting the reception's mood as well as facilitating our timeline that evening. Dan and Premier DJ Services exceeded our expectations in these two tasks.

From the start, Dan was professional and just a pleasant person to communicate with. I am a 25 PhD student and my husband is a professional; we did not want a corny wedding DJ or someone ill equipped for the logistics. From his dealing with the contract, to his demeanor the day of, Dan fit this requirement completely.

In addition to professionalism, Dan proved to be attentive to our music preferences, creating a cool, current vibe for the reception. My fiance and I had given him some basic "like, don't likes, and definitely don't plays" but gave him control over the rest. We ended up having a jazzy/classics cocktail hour, interesting acoustic versions of songs during dinner, and a wonderful mix of music when the dancing ramped up. My family and friends like to dance, but are not really known for it. Despite this, the dance floor was rockin' and everyone chanted "one more song, one more song!" when the party had to end. Most importantly, Dan followed my request to have NO group dances at the wedding!

In sum -- we wanted our reception to feel like a big party where everyone mixes, mingles, and then dances -- and we got it! I'd recommend Premier DJ Services to everyone; they really care about the weddings they participate in.

Sent on 07/09/2012

T · Married on 05/05/2012

We picked Dan and his team due to his experience with multi-cultural weddings - in particular, Asian and American. His rates were also very reasonable.

I found that Dan was very easy to get a hold-of and was very responsive. My wife and I never really noted all of the typical events during wedding receptions and thus needed a great deal of guidance for ours. Dan was able to walk us through the typical events during the reception, what timing made sense, and helped us customize the schedule as we saw fit. He also provided a lengthy list of songs for first dance suggestions, mother / son dance suggestions, father / daughter dance selections, as well as a general list of dance songs for us to review and provide feedback. Once we provided feedback, he sent us a mix list with songs he thought (based on our feedback) we would like. The communication prior to the wedding was consistent and very helpful.

Our biggest concern during the ceremony was that the Asian guests wouldn’t dance. Dan picked a great mix of songs and so the dance floor stayed busy all night. In addition, the lighting was good, the sound was good, and his microphones worked well. In short, our reception was awesome. Couldn’t have asked for more from our DJ.

Overall, we were very happy with Dan and would recommend him & his team to anyone that asked.

Sent on 05/08/2012
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/28/2012

Dan was the DJ for my wedding and I have to say, he is the best. Not only did I think he was the best, all of my guests thought he was the best. I knew that Dan was the one when we met intially for a consultation. Dan is energetic, funny, and upbeat. He understood that I wanted people on the dance floor the whole night and he made it happen. Dan got the groom's 87 year old grandmother on the dance floor! My dad was on the dance floor practically the whole night and he doesn't dance. We had literally everyone between the ages of 3 and 90 on the dance floor. If that is not a great dj, I don't know what is.

Dan was also helpful in organzing the timing of the events and letting people know when the bar was open and last call. He was also extremely helpful in dealing with the inevitable song/kareoke requests from my happy guests. He had an awesome way of dealing with the kareokers. He gave two of my best friends who just had to sing a microphone that wasn't plugged into anything. LOL! They just sang along as happy as can be and we didn't have to hear them:)

FYI: If you are thinking about getting uplighting for your ceremony/reception, Dan can do that too. He did amber uplighting for my reception and it was absolutely beautiful. Everyone kept commenting on the romantic atmosphere.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Vickie and · Married on 04/07/2012

Dan did a fantastic job from start to finish at our wedding. He spent time getting to know us and our personalities and tastes in music. When we asked if he could incorporate some Vietnamese songs, he went out of his way to look for and add our requests to his playlist. His music selections for cocktail hour, dinner, and then dancing at the end of the night were all perfect. In addition, his guidance and recommendations on planning our night was crucial. He was professional and was praised by everyone at our reception. The dance floor was packed – his music even got the old Vietnamese folks out on the dance floor!

We were initially interested in uplighting that he offers, but were impressed when he suggested not doing it based on prior experiences at the same venue. We loved that he wasn’t looking for the extra cash but was more interested making sure things looked nice.

We recommend Dan without any hesitation. He genuinely loves what he does and it shows. You will have a reception to remember with Dan!

Sent on 04/25/2012
  • User2007647 · 2+ years ago

I attended a wedding where the DJ was a nightmare. I was going to be very particular about who I was going to choose to be a DJ. Some people thought I was going over the top interviewing numerous DJ's but I wanted the best. Christian from Premier DJ's did an outstanding job at our wedding! He was very professional and flexible when we had to meet up with him. The music ran very smoothly and we received many complements from our guests. I would highly recommend him to anyone! If you want the best Christian is the way to go.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Shannon · Married on 03/17/2012

They were the most amazing DJ one could ask for. They kept the party going. They handle all the transitions and staff so we didn't have to worry. They also provided lighting for the whole venue just to add those special touches that made the wedding beautiful.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Debbie · Married on 02/25/2012

Dan was the perfect DJ for us. When we interviewed him, he went into a lot of depth into figuring out the type of wedding we wanted and how he could make it a great night. He asked us what type of music we like and don't like and tailored our wedding music to our musical preferences and our guests.He knew how to transition the music from dinner to dancing when both the younger and older guests were there and then at the end of the night it was all modern fun dance songs. Everyone complimented the music and everyone had a great time. He was also a great MC, helped set up our projection screen for our slideshow and did our lighting.

If we ever need to throw a big party again, we would definitely choose Dan again.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Dalton · Married on 01/18/2012

He was great at working with us about music that suited our tastes. He was also very great at working with our busy schedules. He was flexible when things changed and overall just made the reception tons of fun.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Janel · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I got married just a few weeks ago and were absolutely thrilled with Premier DJ Services. We had Dan DJ the music for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, all of which he did perfectly and didn't miss a beat.

We had previously met with Dan to go over our music styles, preferences, etc. Not only did Dan listen and play specific songs we had requested, but he went above and beyond in taking what he knew about us a couple and playing music which matched our style and our guests styles. All of our guests danced from the beginning to the end of the reception!

We had several wedding guests come up to us both during the wedding, at the after party as well as at the breakfast the next morning and tell us what an awesome DJ we had and how much they loved the music.

There is nothing I would change about the music that night and would love to use Premier DJ Services again for any other event!

Sent on 11/09/2011