Preferred Sonoma Caterers Reviews

30 | Petaluma, CA

30 Reviews for Preferred Sonoma Caterers

Anna · Married on 08/16/2014

We could not have hired a better caterer for our wedding. We not only paid for quality food (which we and our guests loved!) but we got the best service we could have imagined. Amber & Edie answered all of our questions in a timely manner. They provided all table linens, silverware, flatware, dishware, etc! They even threw in heaters at the last minute when we were worried people would get cold at night. They catered our venue (Garden Vally Rance, Petaluma) before, and were experts. They knew exactly what to expect and conducted everything beautifully. Their waitstaff was friendly and helpful to all of our wedding guests. I would gladly hire them again in a heartbeat and highly recommend paying a little more for their high quality service!!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Erin · Married on 06/25/2011

Amber and her team are fabulous!!! She is so down to earth and makes wonderful food that will no disappoint. She is truly dedicated to her business and you can tell that her whole heart is in it all. She helped make our day completely unbelievable!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Krista · Married on 10/20/2012

First and foremost, the food was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. We received many comments about the food and how great it was. And that's what we hired them for. They also handled all our rentals, which worked out great in the end. Amber knows what she's doing and Eddie is super helpful and responsive. And they don't charge you an extra arm and a leg just because they are catering a wedding (shame on you, other vendors, for charging more for the exact same service when it is a wedding).

The only big let-down was the bar situation. We had 2 signature cocktails (mojito and mint julep), we had separate wines for cocktail hour and dinner that were marked accordingly, we had pre-made a mint-infused simple syrup for the drinks, and we had made personalized flags for the cocktails. The bar tender started using the flags as stir sticks and throwing them away (which our coordinator quickly caught and stopped), the recipes were not followed (umm, mint juleps do not have limes), the drinks weren't in the correct glasses so the stir sticks looked really awkward, the wrong bottles of wine were being opened during cocktail hour, our mint simple syrup was not used and I don't know what they used instead, and wine was not on the table when we sat down for a seated family Italian meal. I had to have someone ask 3 times and started to walk over to the bar myself to put bottles of wine on the tables. Having paid that much, it was really disappointing since we (and our guests) know cocktails and wine. And, since we provided our own wine, there was no shortage but a lot of empty glasses. We ended up bringing home 7 cases of good wine (which is not a bad thing for me!).

So the moral is that Amber and Edie were awesome and know what they are doing to cater to an event. I still dream of that ravioli and wish I could have eaten SO MUCH MORE. However, if you are using their bar services you might want to have VERY clear instructions and keep an eye on that.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Bb · Married on 09/30/2017

They were really good, the food was amazing I told exactly what I wanted to Amber on the menu. They spilled tomato soup on my grandma (87 years old) and cousin, which everyone knows does not come out. Also there was a form to fill out that stated who gets special left overs prior to the big event, it was my parents, my in-laws and my wedding coordinator, however no one on my form got left overs. Epic fail in my book.

Sent on 10/19/2017
  • F

Chelsea · Married on 09/04/2011

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

The caterer handed my husband a bill for the additional linens as we were leaving the reception venue, we both felt that was extremely tacky, they could've mailed it to us, hence the lower review. Also, did not receive cost for the linens beforehand. The food was great!

Sent on 09/15/2011