Precious Petals Reviews

162 Reviews for Precious Petals

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/28/2010

3.0

Darlene and the entire Precious Petals team were amazing to work with. Darlene is very professional and was flexible in that she would meet with me in PA or NJ depending on what was convenient for me. She is friendly, thorough, and knowledgeable about what she does. She has great ideas and an extensive collection of hardware for rental. We chose beautiful silver candelabras for about half our tables and submerged glass cylinders for the rest. She even made me a mock up of the candelabra arrangement.

They were prompt on delivery the day of the wedding, however my dad's boutonniere ended up going on to the church. He got it once we go to the church but didn't have flowers when we took our formal pictures before the mass.

I have a bit of mixed feelings about the flowers that were provided for our wedding. I don't know if lines of communication got crossed in the design process but some things did look how i had anticipated. The bouquets while beautiful were very tightly arranged, so much show that the flowers look squashed. You couldn't see any of the dahlias and the garden roses felt small and didn't stand out against the other roses. By the time the ceremony was over the bouquets were already looking a little worse for the wear and starting to turn brown. The colors were more vibrant than i thought they would be, but it looked good popping off the bridesmaid dresses.

The submerged orchids in the centerpieces were very pale pink, where I thought they were going to be brighter and stand out more. The high centerpieces looked great, but not as full as I had hoped. All in all the room looked beautiful and these things were only things I or my mom would notice. I think we just expected different things.

I really liked Darlene and that was why I chose Precious Petals over the other florists I was considering, but going into the planning process I didn't know much about flowers and I didn't have a clear idea about what i wanted. It wasn't high on my priority list and in retrospect i think i should have given it more consideration, especially figuring out exactly what it was that I was looking for.

All in all I think Precious Petals is a great company to work with and will do a fantastic job with any wedding and work with many different price points, but I think it would be difficult to get what you want if you have a very small budget for flowers

Sent on 09/21/2010

Kathy · Married on 05/10/2003

We got married Mother's Day weekend. Darlene was able to decorate Pen Ryn Mansion and our personal flowers at the very best price. The experience was wonderful, all our flowers were beautiful and smelled wonderful.

Sent on 02/06/2013
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/24/2013

3.5

Precious petals did an AAMMAZZINGGG job on my flower bouquet for my wedding this past weekend. I had a full, solid orchid bouquet that was more beautiful than I had imagined. The centerpieces were so pretty too (Vases with orchids submerged inside water with floating candles). The arch in which we were married under was decorated beautifully too. Took a bit of points off because apparently they charged my mom a fee to set up the vases/mirror mats on the tables, and the wedding coordinator and staff wound up having to do it. So, it seems as though we were charged for something they didn't do. Overall though, a great great job. :-)

Sent on 08/26/2013

Corrie · Married on 06/09/2012

3.5

Precious Petals designed fantastic flowers and decorations. They catered to our budget and actually came in UNDER budget, which was impressive. The flowers (especially the bouquets) were beautiful!

Sent on 07/23/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2007

4.2

Precious Petals were great to work with. I came in with so many ideas and they helped me narrow it down to exactly what I wanted. Everything turned our gorgeous!

Sent on 01/03/2008

Kristen · Married on 06/13/2008

3.5

Beautiful flowers, loved the people there! ould definatelt recommend!

Sent on 12/22/2008

Akida · Married on 10/15/2010

3.0

The flowers were beautiful after two sessions and many picture examples Darlene was able to make my vision come to life.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Shartoyea · Married on 11/04/2006

Karen at Precious Petals was great! Darlene was helpful as well. The flowers were beautiful and we received so many complements! They even added extra flowers to our centerpieces. The only complaint I would have was that my bridesmaid bouquets looked a little smaller than I imagined but they were made out of calla lillies which are not a very full flower. All in all, they were great.

Sent on 07/24/2007

Kara · Married on 05/28/2016

3.8
      3.5

Precious Petals was the best deal I could find for flowers compared to anywhere else in the area. While I loved working with everyone there, I can't give them a perfect score because I asked (repeatedly) for no roses in my bouquets and centerpieces and on my wedding day there they were. In the end, the flowers looked fine, but at that point it was too late to do anything about it. Overall, they are a good company and a good value.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2011

3.8
      3.0

I will begin with everything looked beautifully perfect. The negatives are *I did not recieve a final cost until two.weeks before the wedding and it was over a very tight budget. This is not even a bill, it was a proposal. The process was extreamly frustrating but the product was beautiful. Communication was excellent until one month until the wedding (when i was supposed to commit to a final proposal).

Sent on 01/23/2012

Christopher · Married on 10/17/2014

2.0
      2.5

My wife and I honestly did not look around much for a florist since we were making a lot of our own decor however we did need flowers for center pieces and the bridesmaids/bride. Precious Petals was an average florist to work through. There seemed to be a lack of communication between employees as we were contacted about the same things through multiple people and important information we sent them would become "lost". The actual flowers for the event were very nice and there were no issues the day of the wedding. However, I would not say the value was that great either. We did not ask for much and it ended up costing a hefty sum, but then again I am not sure how these things cost.

Sent on 11/03/2014

2.8
      2.0
      2.5
      3.5

We paid over $4000 for the flowers at our wedding and not only were they not what I asked for (including specifically stating I did not want roses at all on two occasions and them being included in all of our arrangements) but I asked for my bridal bouquet to be cascading and it was not cascading when I saw my sample bouquet or at my wedding. My bridesmaids had linear bouquets which looked great and had NO roses! But somehow my bouquet ended up being a linear/round hybrid bouquet with a single piece of ivy trailing out. There was literally no way for me to gracefully hold my bouquet. The "florist" on site literally chopped the stems off and handed them back to me. I asked for the bouquets to be tied with ribbon and the bouquets to have streamers of ribbon from the bouquets- that did not happen. Our ceremony arch was literally a joke and I cannot believe we were charged for it. It is so unworthy that they did not even post it in their pictures. It was not at all what we asked for and certainly not what we worked so hard to pay for. Darlene is very nice. The flowers were pretty only because flowers by nature are pretty. The color scheme was kind of what I asked for along with the types of flowers. We paid over $4000 for our flowers so I expected to get what I asked for and what we were told we were getting. That was not the case at all.

Sent on 06/17/2016