Preakness Hills Country Club Reviews

3 | Wayne, NJ

3 Reviews for Preakness Hills Country Club

Brianne · Married on 08/09/2014

If I could rate Preakness Hills with 10 stars I would. Words cannot express just how incredible James and his staff at PHCC made our special day. From the time of our first meeting more than a year before our wedding to the day of, PHCC ensured that our wedding day was one that we and our guests would remember for the rest of our lives. So many of our guests have written to tell us how wonderful the setting, food, cocktail hour, and service were. Chef Chris provided an unforgettable dining experience...we couldn't believe just how much QUALITY food was prepared for our wedding. Between the stations, raw bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, dinner and desserts, our guests were RAVING about just how good the food was. The attention to detail James exhibited is unmatched. Between making sure Guinness was on tap for our Irish relatives to the candles hanging above the dance floor, James went to great lengths to make sure we had to worry about NOTHING on our day. The whole atmosphere at PHCC is one of class and elegance. From the beautiful entrance to the majestic view of the pond and well kept golf course while sitting on the back portico, PHCC is probably one of the most beautiful venues to hold a wedding in northern NJ. We can't recommend PHCC highly enough. My husband and I joke that we want to be invited to a wedding at PHCC just so we can have the experience again...and this time without the stress of being the center of attention! Thank you to James, Chef Chris and everyone at PHCC who made our wedding day such a beautiful moment in our lives.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Brianne · Married on 08/09/2014

Sent on 10/29/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2013

Preakness Hills Country Club was the best decision we made (other than actually getting married!!!) James, the GM, and the entire staff gave us the best possible wedding and we really can't thank them enough.
    We looked at a few venues throughout NJ and were really looking for something a bit different than the typical "NJ wedding." We saw Preakness in the winter, and even then we could see it had beautiful grounds. It doesn't have the typical Country Club feel, and I loved the raised ceiling over the dance floor. For a May wedding we were also excited about having the outdoor patio area for cocktail hour.
    Several months after booking we had a tasting with our parents. The food is really superb and a huge shout out to Chef Chris for delivering amazing food and making it look good! People could not stop raving about cocktail hour, the stations, the hors d'oeuvres, everything. We had a filet and a fish option for our dinner and we trusted Chef Chris so much we let him decide the fish based on the best options he could get the week of the wedding.
    Everything involved in the planning with Preakness was easy and I really can't stress enough how wonderful that is. It is not easy to plan an event for 165 people, from another state, but once we talked over a certain details, I no longer worried about them. And so many of the details were handled by Preakness including food, drinks, chairs, linens, menu cards, and setup. They even handled a rental for our favors and provided a signature drink station (which was a huge hit).
    The day was seamless, the venue was perfect, and we had the best time possible. We'll say it again, but we cannot thank the entire Preakness team enough. I could go on and on, but do yourself a favor and hold your wedding here.

Sent on 06/03/2013