Pratt Abbott Cleaners Reviews

162 | Portland, ME

162 Reviews for Pratt Abbott Cleaners

• Dan

Dan · Married on 09/07/2013

Pratt-Abbott cleaned and pressed all the suits and shirts. They looked awesome!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Charlene · event on: 08/19/2013

I was married 35 years ago this coming August. I had Pratt Abbott clean and seal my wedding gown in a box. Two years ago 2011, I decided to take the dress out of the box to have it framed and displayed if it still looked decent enough. The gown and veil were as perfect as the day I was married. I am so happy that I had this done back in 1978.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Dole · Married on 06/15/2013

I loved the way they took care of my gown from start to finish. Thank you!

Sent on 06/15/2014

Alyson · Married on 05/26/2013

Service was great! Very responsive and personal!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Heather · Married on 10/10/2010

I went to the new Yarmouth location. It was clean and friendly! Very professional! I would highly recommend to anyone that needs there wedding dress cleaned.

Sent on 06/13/2018

Took less time than I expected. expensive but worth it to preserve the dresss.

Sent on 06/22/2013

T. · Married on 11/10/2007

**Writing this review on 10/30/2014 for a my wedding dress worn 11/10/2007** ....Great customer service!!! I currently live in Arizona but I am from Maine and wanted a company close to my mothers house, where I would be storing my wedding dress long term (I move often). I shipped my chocolate stained wedding dress from 2007 to Pratt-Abbott. I was not super hopeful that the chocolate dribbles down the front of my dress were going to come out. Much to my surprise, even after sitting in my warm AZ storage for almost 8 years it came out! Thank you to the wonderful staff at Pratt-Abbott who worked with me and my mother to complete this project. They were super helpful and very quick to respond to all communications!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Angela and Becky at the South Portland Pratt Abbott did a wonderful cleaning and restoration of my Grandmother's wedding dress. She was married in 1915. The dress will now be on display in her home town Historical Museum.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Aimee · Married on 07/22/2017

Cleaned my super soiled wedding dress (sandy beach wedding) perfectly! Very quick turn around on all the suits and only a couple weeks for the dress. Service was friendly and they followed up with a hand written thank you note!

Sent on 03/13/2018

John · Married on 09/17/2016

I recommend this service without reservation - they job they did on this dress, preserving the memory of a beautiful day goes beyond words!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Christina · Married on 08/20/2016

My dress was cleaned and preserved much faster than I was told!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Mary · Married on 01/01/2015

The wedding dress cleaned and prepared by Pratt-Abbott Cleaners was 60 years old.
    We appreciate the excellent care & service.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Emily · Married on 05/25/2014

I recently used Pratt-Abbott to preserve my wedding gown. They were very easy to work with and their prices were comparable, if not slightly lower, than other cleaners in the area. I would definitely use them for future cleaning needs and would recommend their wedding gown preservation.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Judy · Married on 10/27/2013

Our daughter, Emily was married and wore my dress, which had been cleaned and preserved 32 years ago. In spite of this, the dress had yellowed and Pratt-Abbott was able to make it look new again! She was a beautiful bride and we have taken the gown back to Pratt-Abbott to be cleaned and preserved for the next generation!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Pratt Abbott did an amazing job cleaning my wedding gown to like new condition. The staff is extremely professional, friendly and knowledgable. Thank you!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Tessa · Married on 06/09/2018

Pratt Abbott did an exceptional job cleaning my wedding dress. They were very patient while we were deciding whether or not to preserve it. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Rhiannon

Rhiannon · Married on 06/02/2018

They did a great job on my complicated dress and were always very friendly!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Alexeus · Married on 09/23/2017

Angela was so helpful with answering my questions about the type of cleaners that they used. The dress looks amazing and the staff at Forrest Ave. were very nice.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Daniel · Married on 05/27/2017

Wedding Dress Restoration/Preservation

Was very expensive for what is actually done, and took a while for it to be done as well.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Megan · Married on 10/15/2016

It had been a year since my wedding and my gown had been hanging in my spare room for months. I finally took the time to look into cleaning and preservation and I emailed Angela with Pratt Abbott. She replied to my email that day and answered all of my questions. Dropping of the dress was easy and the price was reasonable for cleaning/preservation. My dress was done in a timely manner and I now have my dress in a beautiful viewing box. I am so glad I went with Pratt Abbott!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kate · Married on 07/09/2016

My dress looks incredible ! Thank you so much

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kristin · Married on 07/17/2015

I got my dress cleaned and boxed for storage by Pratt Abbott. They did a fantastic job making sure everything was perfectly placed and sealed to ensure it will keep fresh for years to come. If you are planning on keeping your dress for someone in the future, I think it's worth it!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Kara · Married on 06/07/2015

I bought a dress at the Brides Against Breast Cancer fundraiser event, where bridal gowns are donated, then purchased for a donation cost. Pratt Abbott Cleaners had a booth there, which I stopped at to inquire about cleaning my recent purchase. A few weeks later I received a gift card in the mail for $25 off cleaning of the dress. I was very excited about this! It made me want to spend a little extra to get the dress cleaned. I paid much more for the cleaning than the actual dress, and had to bring it back in for pressing and shaping, which would be great if included in price or done at the time of cleaning. I'm not used to having things (anything) dry cleaned, so the prices to me seemed a bit high, but the cleaning was well worth it, as there was a huge black stain on the train of the wedding dress (completely gone when I got it back). Angela was great to talk to, and definitely added a personal touch to the process. You can tell that she really cares that things are done right, and they are! When I brought the dress back for pressing/shaping, the clerk washed her hands before handling my dress. She was also knowledgeable about the services, and remembered a phone message I had left when inquiring about the next service. I really appreciated that, and it gave me peace of mind. I knew that I would be paying more money again, but am also confident that it will be done right.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Marian · Married on 10/05/2014

Angela was extremely easy to work with. She promptly returned all calls and was flexible about pickup and delivery locations.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Wedding dress with very few dirt stains. A lot of money. Wish it had been costed out according to amount of soiling

Sent on 09/29/2014