Pratt Abbott Cleaners Reviews

162 | Portland, ME

162 Reviews for Pratt Abbott Cleaners

great service and the price was great!

Sent on 10/29/2015

I got my wedding dress pressed before the wedding so the tulle wouldn't be all bunched up. It looked beautiful! They were very busy with a lot of wedding dresses, but were able to squeeze me in!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2015

This cleaner ended up making my wedding a whole lot less stressful!
    The fear every bride will have of dropping your dress off BEFORE the wedding and hoping it will come back perfect for the day.
    From the other positive reviews I expected it to be safe but they were even better than I expected. They cleaned and pressed my dress in a week. When I flew in from NYC 48 hours before my wedding and went to pick it up its was pristine and packaged perfect for the 2 hour car journey we took to the venue.
    They also pressed my husbands white suit and it came out perfectly ready for the big day!
    Thanks again to their staff for speed and professionalism!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2015

I had planned to wear my mother's 30+ year old wedding dress for my wedding but when we took it out of the box it was very yellowed and had a few brown stains that had sat there since it had been stored. I was very nervous about taking my mother's dress to a cleaners because of all the horror stories you hear about dresses being ruined but after contacting Angela they assured me that they would take very good care of it. I hoped that they could clean the dress to whiten it to more of an ivory color since it was so yellowed that I thought there was no way they could restore it to the original white. However, they far surpassed my expectations and not only removed the stains but the dress is now white, not ivory and it looks so much more like a wedding dress than the yellow one I brought to Pratt-Abbot. It is perfect and I can't wait to wear it walking down the aisle!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Very professional and never once worried about their abilities to clean and preserve such a sentimental piece of our wedding memories

Sent on 12/30/2016

Excellent service. I was concerned at first that they wouldnt be able to get the stains and dirt out of the dress. It was 11 years old and sat in the closet and was never cleaned after its first use. Now it is simply beautiful. They did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend to anyone searching for someone experienced in servicing wedding dresses.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Pratt Abbott did a great job with cleans the wedding dress-. They were helpful to explain the different options that were available and the costs

Sent on 05/09/2016

Bethanie · Married on 10/12/2014

Not only did they press our entire party's wedding clothes (we had driven from from NC to ME) they also paid special attention to close details. A few embellishments were loose on my gown and they fixed them all! They were kind and wonderful people!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Everyone was very helpful when I had my daughter's wedding gown cleaned and preserved.

Sent on 02/17/2015

I was so worried about giving my dress away again but it came back 100% better and looked so beautiful for my wedding. Very pleased with my decision to go with them!

Sent on 10/08/2014
  • User4451694 · event on: 09/14/2014

Angela was incredibly helpful in planning the pickup and cleaning of my dress, which I really appreciated as I was coming in from out of state. I would 100% recommend them to anyone, they were extremely professional and organized!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Vanessa · Married on 09/12/2014

Wonderful service! My dress looked beautiful. Prompt and friendly service

Sent on 09/22/2014

We used Pratt-Abbott for cleaning and preservation of the bride's gown. The price was reasonable and the services were completed sooner than the quoted timeframe.

Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2014

excellent service, friendly, flexible, professional!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Deena · Married on 08/23/2014

Pratt Abbott did such a wonderful job cleaning my wedding dress! I procrastinated and didn't bring my dress in until about a year and a half after my wedding. It had a number of dirt stains on the bottom and fake tanner stains at the top! I was afraid the stains would be there forever. The top of my dress is also heavily beaded so I wast sure if it would look the same after. I just got the dress back and it looks BRAND NEW! The stains are all gone. It's not too late ladies if you wait to clean your dress! The service was excellent - they were thorough and explained all of the associated costs. I live out of state and wasn't home to pick it up, but it wasn't a problem at all - they held it for me for a few weeks. I would highly recommend Pratt Abbott!

Sent on 03/28/2016
  • ael1731

Allyson · Married on 08/22/2014

I utilized Pratt Abbott to simply clean my dress after my wedding, as I wanted to put it on again on our anniversary. After a couple years, I decided it was finally time to have it preserved. Both experiences were excellent. I so highly recommend Pratt Abbott for wedding services!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Kim · Married on 08/03/2014

Thank you for all your help Angela. Very prompt service!

Sent on 08/11/2014
  • User4167520 · event on: 08/02/2014

Great job on 50 year-old wedding dress!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Marilyn · Married on 08/02/2014

I had a friend getting married in a week, and I offered to have her pre-owned gown cleaned. Both the manager of Pratt Abbott on Forest Ave Portland, Maine and the sales assistant were exceptionally helpful and made it possible. They BOTH went the "extra mile" ..... the dress was brought in on Saturday and ready on Monday morning!
    The Bride looked beautiful in a pristine gown with beaded bodice...surely it took great care to clean it and have it ready. I can ALWAYS count on Pratt Abbott to do a fantastic and professional job with a friendly atmosphere!
    Thanks so much!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/27/2014

Angela and the team over at Pratt-Abbot in Yarmouth did the most wonderful job cleaning, repairing and preserving my wedding dress. The dress was pretty torn up and dirty from a muddy outdoor wedding and after the cleaning and 'historical preservation' services the dress was back to new condition.

Sent on 03/21/2015

Very helpful in pressing grooms clothes for wedding that had arrived crumpled in a suitcase. Also did a great job with wedding dress cleaning after the event . Dress now resides at my house, Bride and groom have returned to Utah. ( grooms Mom)

Sent on 10/19/2014

I worked with Angela via email as I was an out of state bride. All communication was completely smooth. The only hiccup was when I brought my dress into the store to drop off. The 2 employees at the counter were completely clueless (both new & no one in store that knew anything about my dress). Neither one of them knew who Angela was & didn't know anything about my dress. Angela was on vacation, so at that point I wasn't completely comfortable leaving my dress there, but I talked to another really nice lady over the phone & she knew all about my dress from Angela prior to her leaving on vacation.
    Once I left, my dress was steamed & delivered first thing the morning of the day it was promised. I think it was an honest mixup with the new employees...gave this bride a minor heart attack, but at the end of the day, Pratt Abbott pulled through and their overall customer service was EXCELLENT!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Service was all I expected! Staff was professional and informative! Excellent quality service!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • User4195478 · 2+ years ago

Pratt Abbott pressed and delivered my wedding dress. Was happy with the results and their customer service.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Kimberly · Married on 03/01/2014

Especially loved the pickup and delivery service. Excellent service. I was confident my precious wedding dress was in the right hands!!

Sent on 03/11/2014