Pratt Abbott Cleaners Reviews

162 | Portland, ME

162 Reviews for Pratt Abbott Cleaners

Makayla · Married on 05/16/2017

I am very pleased with my experience. I had my wedding gown cleaned and preserved. It was done in about 3 weeks which was fine because I don’t need it now. The service was good, and the multiple locations is helpful. I didn’t find the pricing to be unusual, but different materials will vary. Also received a hand written card from management and a gift for my services.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Pratt Abbott Cleaners's reply:

Thank you Makayla, we enjoyed working on your gown,

Anna · Married on 02/11/2017

I had a great experience! Angela was very friendly, and took into the consideration every request. Excellent customer service!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Angela · Married on 12/03/2016

SUCH a good experience with Pratt Abbott - my dress came out gorgeous and looks new! Their staff + team were friendly, easy to work with and made the whole process a piece of (wedding) cake! We'll be back for our other dry cleaning needs. Thanks to Angela E. for all her help especially!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Michelle · Married on 10/15/2016

Everyone here was wonderful, and so easy to work with! Everything about this process was easy, and the end result was beautiful and affordable. I live in MA and dropped my dress off when going up to Maine to visit for a day and they let me store my dress at one of their facilities for a few weeks until I could go pick it up. They even offered to ship my dress to me in MA (I only declined because I was too nervous about it being delivered when no one was home). The stains came out beautifully and I am able to see into the box via the viewing window. I highly recommend this company and am so glad I chose them to preserve something so important!

Sent on 02/25/2017

B · Married on 10/03/2016

They did great have a few spots that needed to be steamed out and I was in a rush to get it done. Quick turn around and didn't charge me extra ! Recommend it to anyone that needs a wedding dress cleaned

Sent on 07/08/2017

stacey · Married on 09/25/2016

My experience with Pratt Abbott with Angela (and Jane) at my recent wedding in Maine was so amazing. I was flabbergasted at the degree of service they provided. Angela went above and beyond from our initial conversations through to the delivery of my wedding dress and my husband's suit.
    I planned the wedding in Maine from our home in South Carolina and Angela walked me through the best options for shipping my dress and when to have it delivered. She actually brought my dress to the ferry to Peak's Island where we were getting married, on a Sunday!
    Perhaps more impressive is the way she handled our "first wedding emergency" with my husband's custom suit. A cleaner in South Carolina stained his brand new custom made shirt the day before we left for Maine (we went up on a Thursday and the wedding was on Sunday.) I contacted Angela in a panic and she immediately went into action and had an employee standing by to help us see if the shirt could be salvaged. Jane washed the shirt several times and spent a lot of time on Friday, but managed to get it clean!!!!
    Again, above and beyond service! I had no idea this existed for something as seemingly ordinary as cleaning a dress and suit. Thanks Angela and everyone at Pratt Abbott in Maine. You greatly contributed to the best day of our lives! -Stacey and Glenn, South Carolina (9/25/16)

Sent on 10/10/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/03/2016

Expert cleaning and friendly staff!

Pratt Abbott did an excellent job professionally cleaning my wedding dress, which I was getting ready to resell. I had a friendly welcome on my arrival in the store, where the staff person carefully checked the dress to give me an accurate cleaning quote. They called me as soon as it was ready and they did an excellent job. It is like new! I would highly recommend them for any bride looking for a thorough professional clean!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Abby · Married on 08/26/2016

I was looking for a wedding dress preservation vendor to use after my wedding and looked into many options. It ultimately came down to Pratt Abbott or a preservation company that the bridal shop I purchased my gown at recommended (which was a mail-in service). After reaching out to Angela to inquire about their process and cost, I decided to go with Pratt Abbott. Angela was professional, very responsive, and made me feel comfortable working with both her and the Pratt Abbott team. Plus, having the option to drop the dress off in person and to know that it would remain there to be serviced certainly put me at ease! The dress was ready for pick up on the date they had originally indicated and it looked beautiful in its preservation. The only slight hiccup along the way was that the price given when I dropped off the dress was slightly different than what Angela had originally quoted. However, after checking back in with Angela it was cleared up and the original quote was honored. Overall, this was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a reputable wedding dress preservation vendor!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Jen · Married on 08/20/2016

I brought a wedding veil from the 1920's to be restored for my wedding. These ladies did a fabulous job! I was more than concerned about leaving this piece of family history with anyone. They made me feel so comfortable. The piece had yellowed and had developed some dry rot. They were able to clean it up and make it look brand new. I was so impressed and would recommend this service to anyone!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2016

I loved working with Pratt Abbott Cleaners for my wedding gown needs. Angela was wonderful and was easily accessible with any questions regarding the care and transportation of my gown and veil. Pratt Abbott got my garments all ready for my big day and then took away the stress of transportation by delivering it to my venue the day before. It was beautiful. They also cleaned and preserved my gown and veil after the wedding and it looks gorgeous. I also use Pratt Abbott's cleaning services for my work clothes. I highly recommend them for any bride or working woman in Maine!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Tim · Married on 07/16/2016

I would absolutely recommend Pratt Abbott to preserve anyone's wedding dress after the ceremony. They take great care and pay attention to every little detail.

Sent on 12/21/2016
  • F

Faye · Married on 07/08/2016

They were tremendous! Angela Emery is the best!!There were no wedding grown prepartion places in the town of Booth Bay Maine; or any where near by for that matter, except a car wash and drycleaner in one. The thought of that with my precious wedding garments was nerve-racking! Pratt and Abbott came to my rescue. They were extremely personable! Understanding. We mailed our garments from Florida to Maine and they kept of informed every step of the way! In addition, they delivered them directly to the venue! No muss, no fuss and everything was perfect!!!!!!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Hilary · Married on 06/25/2016

They could not be more professional and helpful! They did a wonderful job pressing my dress before the wedding, delivering it, and then preserving and cleaning it after! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2016

Pratt Abbott did a great job with my dress. I have office pick-up and delivery so i didn't have to bring it to a store. I got a certificate when it was completed. Now my dress is at home where I can look at it and remember that beautiful day.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Cathy · Married on 02/08/2016

Very happy with the quality and customer service we received

Sent on 01/29/2018

They are wonderful! Very helpful and efficient. They did a great job cleaning my dress with a quick turn around times for all the major events! Would trust them with any fine or delicate clothing.

Sent on 03/25/2016

Megan · Married on 10/24/2015

Fantastic work. Steamed my layered organza wedding gown, and cleaned my daughters flower girl dress. Angela did a great job and the communication was awesome. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Alessandra · Married on 09/26/2015

I was SO satisfied with Pratt Abbott. I live in Colorado, but got married in Portland, ME. I emailed Pratt Abbott to ask about pressing my wedding dress the day before my wedding. Angela Emery responded right away and was so incredibly friendly and helpful. The day I dropped off my dress to be pressed, I came in twice. The second time, I came in with a few of my bridesmaids who were looking for the same service (very last minute)... The women working at the store at the time called Angela, and she was nice enough to squeeze in their dresses to be pressed and delivered to the church the very next morning with my wedding dress. I was so shocked and impressed that they took the extra time to accommodate us at the very last minute. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Pratt Abbott for wedding dress prep.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jeanette · Married on 09/26/2015

All-Star Team

Pratt Abbott is amazing, and specifically, their Wedding Team are absolute miracle-workers. They were amazing to work with before my wedding, and somewhere in their list of glowing reviews I wrote a review several years ago singing their praises. They went above and beyond to make my dress stunning after a cross country flight. Today I'm writing because my dress was an absolute mess after my outdoor wedding, and 2 years after getting married, I decided to finally get it cleaned so I can sell the dress. The designer silk dress was covered in soot and water stains. Pratt Abbott cleaned the dress to make it look AS GOOD AS NEW. I was shocked when I picked it up. I am confident I can now sell the dress. This team is absolutely amazing, and they take so much care with wedding dresses. There honestly aren't enough words to say how impressed I am with this team.

Sent on 10/27/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 09/19/2015

We had a quick turnaround and they were able to do it for us which was greatly appreciated!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/05/2015

I bought a beautiful vintage wedding dress that needed to be cleaned for the ceremony. Pratt Abbott did a beautiful job with the dress and it came out perfect. It was affordable and done quickly. I would recommend them for any bride (or groom).

Sent on 09/30/2015

Rachael · Married on 08/22/2015

My dress looked like new after cleaning and was ready for storage! Great service!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Julie · Married on 08/22/2015

Beautiful job! Love the box that my dress came in! Was done in a timely manner! My dress was filthy after my wedding and now it looks brand new!

Sent on 12/27/2015

Excellent service. Reliable, professional and organized

Sent on 08/28/2015

I had a wonderful experience with Pratt Abbott Cleaners! My mother had used Pratt Abbott years ago when she had her wedding dress preserved. I was very nervous to trust anyone with my dress. My mom highly recommended that I use Pratt Abbott and said she wouldn't trust anyone else. The entire experience was wonderful! They have excellent service and did a wonderful job with my dress. I had an outside wedding and my dress was filthy, but they were able to clean it perfectly. I would highly recommend Pratt Abbott Cleaners to any bride!

Sent on 03/01/2016