Prange's Florist Reviews

58 | Gainesville, FL

58 Reviews for Prange's Florist

Carol · Married on 11/08/2014

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful bouquet! Joan also did a fabulous job on decorating our ceremony area!

Sent on 11/16/2014
  • F

Frances · Married on 10/25/2014

Joan did an amazing job with all the flowers- they looked amazing and my stargazers smelled amazing. all the girls bouquets held up very well. I couldn't be more pleased and I don't have one negative thing to say about the whole experience. ***Please note: I tried NOT to review flexibility or value because my flowers were a gift paid for by a relative, but it brought Prange's overall rating down to a level I felt was unfair, so I gave her five stars. In actuality, I cannot comment on her value or her flexibility except to say that my aunt thought her prices appropriate and she seemed very nice.****

Sent on 11/09/2014

Lillian · Married on 09/20/2014

Joan did a wonderful job with the flowers. I came in with absolutely no idea what I wanted, and she helped maneuver my tastes and preferences and delivered tenfold. She was professional, assertive, as well as kind and gentle. She made all deliveries on time, and even noticed extra tables than we had notified her of at the venue and lent 5 of her own vases to ensure the venue looked wonderful. I recommend this florist, she was incredibly knowledgeable and professional!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Jenny · Married on 08/09/2014

Our wedding flowers were absolutely beautiful!!! Perfect in every way, and Joan was an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Debbie · Married on 03/16/2013

Joan was wonderful - from the first time we sat down with her to begin the floral planning she was most helpful. She is very knowledgeable about the whole wedding scene it Gainesville and that was extremely helpful. She went above and beyond to be certain the wedding went off without a hitch - including helping us iron wrinkled bridesmaid dresses just before the ceremony. She is the BEST! Oh and the flowers were Beautiful too!!!! I would highly recommend using her for your wedding (or any other floral needs).

Sent on 04/07/2013

Ashlee · Married on 12/22/2012

Joan was absolutely amazing! She is so incredibly helpful and talented. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted, so I gave her a general idea and she created something beautiful! I also really appreciated that she didn't try to push me to buy more expensive arrangements. She appreciated my budget and really listened to me. She is very personable and friendly.

Sent on 03/12/2013

Amy · Married on 11/17/2012

Joan with Prange's Florist was simply wonderful! We hired her for our November wedding, and she delivered more than we could ever expect or hope for. I came to Joan within weeks of our wedding and it was such a relief that she understood exactly what I wanted, despite my limited 'technical' knowledge of flowers. She is able to so quickly and effortlessly create a total package that fits any style and price range for the experience you wish to have. She was professional and accommodating - we couldn't have been more pleased with our overall experience. Joan even created a last-minute corsage we had forgotten the morning of our wedding at no charge. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable florist with lots of knowledge and experience, the best choice in the Gainesville area is Prange's Florist, simply put. I would highly recommend them for any of your floral needs. Thank you Joan for helping to make our wedding day so beautiful, and a day that we will always remember!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Prange's Florist's reply:

Thanks Amy!

Joan Prange
    Prange's Florist

Dena · Married on 11/10/2012

When I went in to Prange’s Florist, I really didn’t know exactly what I wanted for my bouquet and my fiancé’s boutonniere. We had a Gator wedding, so our colors were orange and blue. I thought I wanted orange gerbera daisies and some type of lily I saw online. When I met with Joan, she was able to come up with the perfect bouquet by offering her extensive knowledge and experience. She suggested I add blue hydrangeas (which gave the blue without being too much) and knew the perfect flowers to use that would stand up to the day and to my fiancé. She was easy to work with and the prices were extremely reasonable considering the quality of the product. The arrangements she created were more beautiful than we could have hoped for and they looked amazing in the photos, too.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2012

I put my entire trust into Joan for everything and I am thankful I did! She did an AMAZING job with the flowers.. my entire wedding was perfect.. she fit my "enchanted garden" theme PERFECTLY... there are not that many florists that you can say.. these are my colors, this is my theme and my budget, suprise me! It was beautiful! She and her staff are extremely professional and I would recommend her to ANYONE with Any budget! She is an artist with a kind heart and I am thankful to have been able to have her be a part of my special day! Joan THANK YOU for EVERYTHING! <3

Sent on 10/28/2012

I used Joan Prange as my florist and was VERY pleased with her work. She is a flower expert and is also familiar with all the venues in town, and was able to offer some guidance on certain aspects for me. I am not very knowledgeable about flowers but I did have an idea of what I was looking for. The pictures that I brought as inspiration were actually very expensive. Joan recreated those bouquets with similar, less-expensive flowers and I liked them even more than the pictures! When I first saw my bouquet, I couldn't believe how beautiful and perfect it was. She also did fresh flowers on our wedding cake and it looked gorgeous. My bouquet and our cake are two of my favorite elements from our wedding day. Thanks Prange's Florist!

Sent on 09/12/2012
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 05/20/2012

Joan did a fantastic job making the perfect look for our ceremony and reception. She had amazing ideas and followed through making amazing arrangements! We absolutely loved the way everything turned out!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Samantha · Married on 02/25/2012

WOW! She and her crew did the most amazing job. They went above and beyond to create more than I could have ever wanted. It was the most amazing job. They put together a stunning set of table tops for 60 tables and an arch that would blow you away. They created large/tall arrangements for the ceremony and reception. If you want the wow factor for a great price you would be crazy not to go with Prang's!

Sent on 03/20/2012

Marie · Married on 12/03/2011

outstanding professional job. very personable.

Sent on 12/21/2011

Youlanda · Married on 12/03/2011

Prange's did an excellent job with my wedding flowers! I love this florist!

Sent on 12/26/2011
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/29/2011

Prange's florist is the greatest! Joan is so kind and motherly, during our flower consultation we spent hours not only talking about floral arrangements, but about the wedding and even life beyond the wedding. She was very easy to work with and when it turned out that our centerpiece containers were larger than she thought they would be (due to my lack of communication) she changed the flowers a little bit in such a way that it didn't cost us any more than she had originally quoted and they were still beautiful. I would definitely work with Joan and Prange's florist again.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2011

Absolutely amazing! Prange's Florist did the flowers for my wedding. The flowers were so much more than I expected! She took my vision to another level. They were gorgeous and better than I could have ever imagined! I would highly recommend Prange's Florist for any and all events!

Sent on 04/28/2011

Debra · Married on 12/31/2010

Joan worked with my daughter and myself to bring my daughter\'s vision of what she wanted to reality. She was so sweet, and cooperative, and everything was perfect. The bride from the wedding at Sweetwater Branch Inn the night before my daughter\'s wedding had used the Colonade setting for her wedding, which was where my daughter\'s ceremony was to take place. There were elaborate flowers and vines on the columns and the area at the top, and the other bride had told Joan that we could use it if we wanted to (Joan did both weddings), and remarkably the colors were similar. She called and asked if we would like that, and when we said yes, she offered, at no charge, to tint the white roses the orange shade of my daughter\'s colors. The centerpieces were exactly what we wanted, and the bride\'s bouquet was breathtaking! She is an artist!

Sent on 02/09/2011
  • Mrs. O'Neal

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2010

We used Prange's for our wedding flowers and were so so pleased with Joan's services. She was really good at communicating with us, our venues. I'm not a big flower person, I told her all I wanted was yellow roses and small sunflowers. When I met with her, she not only was able to do EVERYTHING I wanted, but she gave me tons of advice on flowers, prices. So helpful. She went above and beyond what I pictured for flower, all the flowers came out gorgeous!!! You can really tell when you talk to her that she absolutely wants your wedding to be exactly how you envision it. She cares about her work, loves doing it, and loves making your day just so. When I came up with some last minute ideas for the ceremony and my girls flowers she did it and took care of it. We received TONS of compliments on the centerpieces, the bouquets, the boutonnieres - everything! I HIGHLY recommend Prange's for any of your flower needs!!!!! I think she's the best in Town!!!

Sent on 06/21/2010

Shanna · Married on 04/23/2010

We were so happy with the beautiful flowers that Ms. Prange did for our wedding. We went in with pictures and ideas and she was able to design arrangements that fit into our budget. The quality of the work was amazing. The flowers were lush and it was exactly what we had wanted. She was very helpful in giving ideas on how to save and multi-task with the flowers. We had my bouquet and my husbands boutonniere preserved because we loved them so much. Everyone commented on how beautiful all the flowers were. I would definitely recommend this business :)

Sent on 08/09/2011

Crissy · Married on 10/10/2009

Joan Prange is a flower genius! She absolutely made my wedding! The flowers were just want I wanted and more! They were gorgeous and lasted for a long time after.
    I was always skeptical of florists because of the cost and other venues where you can buy flowers - but what Joan did was absolutely unbelievable and worth every penny and more. The vibrant colors and different types of flowers she used was extraordinary. Thanks so much Joan!!

Sent on 01/30/2010
  • kbass

Kathy · Married on 06/20/2009

Joan Prange and her staff did an incredible job of making my wedding more beautiful than I even imagined. She was such a wonderful resource to have. From my bridal bouquet to the caked toppings everything was perfect. Thanks to her I had a stress free day! Highly recommend her for flowers, etc.

Sent on 07/21/2009
  • tess_olivia

Tess · Married on 05/17/2009

Joan Prange was fantastic. I showed her pictures of what I wanted for a bouquet and she created something that was even more spectacular. She really is an artist with flowers. My bouquet was breathtaking.

Sent on 06/10/2009

Thanh · Married on 11/08/2008

We used Prange's for our wedding flowers this past fall, and were so so pleased with Joan's services. She was really good at communicating with us, our venues, and our wedding planner. When I met with her, she not only was able to do EVERYTHING I wanted (and believe me, I brought in a lot of pictures), but she gave me tons of advice on flowers, prices, and even non-flower related wedding topics. So helpful. One picture I brought in was of this beautiful bouquet I saw online and she was able to recreate it with flowers that were in season and it turned out even more gorgeous than I had hoped. You can really tell when you talk to her that she absolutely wants your wedding to be exactly how you envision it. She cares about her work, loves doing it, and loves making your day just so. When I came up with some last minute ideas for the ceremony, she even gave me a couple example flowers to test out at the ceremony site to see how they looked. We received TONS of compliments on the centerpieces, the bouquets, the boutonnieres - everything! I HIGHLY recommend Prange's for any of your flower needs. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/15/2009

Katrina · Married on 07/20/2008

Mrs. Prange is amazing! I wouldn't have used anyone else. Highly recommend

Sent on 09/01/2008

Risha · Married on 05/17/2008

Joan and her staff did a wonderful job on our wedding flowers!! She transformed 2 ugly plants that couldn't be removed from our wedding site into GORGEOUS decorations. Very talented and easy to work with!!

Sent on 07/23/2008