Prairie Street Brewhouse Reviews

34 | Rockford, IL

34 Reviews for Prairie Street Brewhouse

Prairie Street Brewhouse 1
Prairie Street Brewhouse 2

Awesome experience working with everyone.

Katelynn · Married on 07/29/2017

Wowzers - we're so happy we chose Prairie Street to celebrate our big day with! We booked our Saturday date 14 months in advance (May for our July wedding). We were hoping to have a June wedding, but they were already booked through the month. So if you're looking to book with them, be sure to book early! For the most part, their communication was pretty great! Outside of the occasional 4-5 day delay in responding the e-mails, they were pretty phenomenal. The only other thing I would speak to "negatively" (not a big deal, really) is the fact that you do get tossed around to multiple different people in the planning process. One to book you, then you get transferred to another person as you get about 6 months out, and then another about 4 months out. Even then, there is a chance that the "final" person you're put with to discuss details with won't be there on the big day and will be a different member of their team - I will admit I was a little upset about this at first, but the amount of organization there is between the team is phenomenal, and honestly the day went off without a hitch. I only say this so that if you book, you're aware of this and aren't caught off guard as I was. I will say though that everything was phenomenal from a day of service standpoint. For example, the water levels were high the morning of the wedding, but was going down as the day went on - Patrick (the event manager) was legitimately out there in his suit spraying off the docks so that the muck and algae wouldn't be in our pictures during the ceremony. Anything we asked the day of, they accommodated, and we are so thankful for everything they did. We were concerned that the bathroom was shared with the public, however security was phenomenal. We had one issue with wedding crashers (that came in a side entrance) and the staff was on them immediately. I really cannot speak highly enough of them - The staff there is phenomenal. Don't hesitate to book with them!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Somchai · Married on 05/26/2013

The first time I saw pictures of this place in 2011, I knew I wanted to get married here. I really enjoyed working with Rachel and Nicole. They were extremely accommodating and flexible with what I wanted to do.

The venue is truly a unique location and I have received so many compliments from our guest on how great our wedding was. It is truly a gem in Rockford.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Andrea · Married on 08/10/2012

Amazing and beautiful space with a lot of available extras! Only issue is the price. It adds up fast but in the end it was worth it anyways!!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Nicole Blough has been helping me plan my wedding at PSBhouse, she emails back so quickly and makes the stress of planning so much easier. She gives you options, looks things up for you and gives ideas without me even asking. She is great to work with and I haven't even had my wedding yet, but I am so happy I was able to work with her. She de-stresses any stressed out bride and makes you excited for your day! I can't wait for my wedding this summer!

Sent on 04/25/2016

catherine · Married on 04/23/2011

3.5

What a beautiful, unique, and fun place to have a reception! we just loved the rustic feel of the place... it was so great.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Kristina · Married on 11/29/2013

3.0

We had a great time and everything went well. We didn't need a lot of help from the staff overall. The Brewhouse is a great location and you can do a lot with it. Sometimes it did take some time to get a response via email and when we were trying to figure out beer selections, we had a hard time getting the brands that we wanted. We did not try to get the "typical" beers, which was part of the problem but if their distributor really wasn't able to get most of the beers that we had asked for, they should look into getting a new distributor.

3.8
      2.0

We were in a very unique situation for our wedding as the Brewhouse was in the process of rewriting its contract for events. The contract we had signed was completely different than the contract that they were operating by at the time of our wedding. As a result of their change of contract and subsequent change to their insurance policies, we ran into a lot of problems as we got closer to the date of our reception. There were a lot of additional charges that had come up and we were expected to pay for them even though the agreement that we had signed stated different terms.

An example: The bar fee. When we signed our contract the Brewhouse had no liquor license and our contract stated that we would be able to bring our own wine provided that we took out an insurance policy of our own to protect both us and the Brewhouse in the event of an accident. During the course of the next year the Brewhouse obtained their liquor license and a whole new set of rules that came along with it including us not being able to provide our own wine. The price list we were given asked us to pay $30/hr. for each bartender (they suggested two), $15/bottle of wine, $200/keg of crappy beer. Clearly this was going against the contract that we both signed and agreed to. In the end, we did not have to pay the fee for the bartenders and they sold us the wine and beer at cost (which was only $5/bottle and $100/keg). This is only one example of the many issues we ran into given all of the changes that happened over the year between our reserving the location and the date of our reception.

Tony and Emily · Married on 07/28/2012

3.6
      3.5

The Brewhouse is absolutely gorgeous! Everyone that came to our wedding reception, now wants to get married and have their reception at the Brewhouse. We understand that it is still an up and coming location for receptions in Rockford, but the business side of it could improve immensely. When scheduling your wedding and deciding what services/products you need, ask all questions. How much are chairs/tables? Bar pricing (ask about glassware)? We seemed to run into a few hidden costs that we were not expecting. Maybe a result of a new establishment, or maybe a business tactic. Either way, once you get to your wedding reception, everything is perfect because the place is so beautiful! I cannot wait to see what this place looks like in the next 2-5 years.

Sent on 11/04/2012