Prairie Pines Reviews

Prairie Pines 4
Prairie Pines 5
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/27/2019

Beautiful and Amazing Staff!

This venue was absolutely perfect for us! We wanted to have a garden wedding and we could not have asked for a prettier location! We had tons of guests who kept saying this one of the prettiest venues they’ve been to! I loved the setup of the garden because while everyone is there watching, the small pond and greenery separate you from the crowd so it made the ceremony feel more intimate!

On top of that the Sher and her team are amazing and so helpful! I normally wouldn’t have considered a day of organizer but I was SO SO glad to have her and I can’t imagine how stressed I would have been if she wasn’t there handling everything.

I 100% would recommend this venue to anyone and if I had to do it over again I’d still pick Prairie Pines!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Prairie Pines 6
    Prairie Pines 7
    Prairie Pines 8
    Prairie Pines 9
    Prairie Pines 10

Beautiful venue, professional staff. Would recommend to other engaged couples.

Sent on 02/04/2017
  • snwdrama

Christa · Married on 09/19/2009

I loved the atmosphere of this place. It was homey and gorgeous while still being classy! Patsy was wonderful and knew exactly what needed to be done!

Sent on 10/06/2009

I was very happy with the communication by the wedding coordinator at the venue as well as all the work they put in to make the day go off without a hitch. They were very helpful in this! They were very flexible on allowing us to get creative with our ceremony and what it included. I was not happy with the amount of time allowed to set up decorations for our big day. A lot of things were left out that I worked hard on simply because we only had 2 hours prior to the ceremony to set up. However, the grounds are beautiful so a lot of decorations aren't necessary. I would recommend keeping it at a bare minimum if you choose this venue. It was all beautiful despite the lack of decoration use inside. I was not pleased with how the bar was handled. We signed a contract and it was not followed and we ended up paying much more for the alcohol than we agreed upon. We agreed on a cash bar for guests and we were only going to pay for wedding party drinks. We made a $400 deposit on bar and after that minimum was met we would get a refund minus the wedding party bill. We met the $400 minimum with guest drinks and wedding party only drank $201 worth of drinks, so we should have received a $199 refund, however the bar manager gave the first $400 worth of drinks away to guests for free thinking we were covering the first $400. So we ended up losing our $400 deposit and having to pay another $201. The wedding coordinator would not work with us on this and said since we went over our alloted time we would call it even. However the time we went over was spent arguing about the bar bill. The only other issue we encoutered was getting ready. During our pre-wedding meeting we were told to get dressed at the venue and we would be provided an area for this. Once we arrived we were told we should have come dressed and ready. However, they found us a spot to get dressed quickly. We decided just to take the hit on the bar $ since the rest of the day went so well.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Leanna · Married on 05/19/2012

Prairie Pines was absolutely beautiful. The owners were super nice. If you are looking for a small wedding the scenery is gorgeous! There are a few restricitions that made it a bit complicated, however, it wasn't that big of a deal. They have their own sound system which means no DJ. And the rehearsal is the day of the ceremony and they don't open any earlier than two hours before. So definitely have people on hand to help with setup.
    All in all it was a wonderful experience and very recommended for a relaxed couple who don't mind a more simple wedding. I loved it!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. Sher is incredible!

Sent on 07/27/2017