Prairie Meadows Reviews

Prairie Meadows View more information

4.2

Christine Married on 08/12/2017
    Wonderful experience for cocktail and dinner reception. Excellent value. The Prairie Meadows planner (Kristen ) was prompt in replying to our many questions and went "above and beyond" . She exceeded our expectations. The staff was attentive and pro active. We are still receiving compliments on the food and beverages. This venue was perfect for us.

Prairie Meadows's reply:

Thanks for your review, Chris!! It was a pleasure working with you and your family and I'm so glad everyone enjoyed the experience! -Kristen
  • evancar
    Carly Married on 08/14/2010
    They were wonderful every step of the way. The staff was so helpful and were willing to do all they could to make your day perfect. The night of the reception was smooth and very well organized. Kudos all around!
  • W
    Whitney Married on 10/11/2008
    They did a great job my husband and I were very happy. They accommodated almost everything we needed. Somewhat pricy but they have great staff.
    Tara Married on 06/23/2012
    Prairie Meadows (PM) was great for convenience & price. The food was delicious, the rooms were great, &it was very convenient to have the hotel attached to the reception venue.

However... the PM event management left a lot to be desired. 1) PM agreed to let us have hosted (overpriced) keg beer- a condition of us booking w/them. However, 6 months prior to the wedding they let us know that we'd only be able to have 1 keg/100 guests. That had NEVER been mentioned in our previous agreement. We couldn't afford to host any other alcohol b/c we had such a large wedding. We went around and around with them, almost cancelled our contract, & then finally decided to host wine as well, which ended up costing us more money. 2) We received very little communication f/our event planner. I had to contact her to ask when we needed to have documents/information in & if we could have a taste test. 3) Although I repeatedly asked, we weren't given an itemized bill until 3 weeks after our wedding, even though they demanded that we pay weeks beforehand. 4) Our transportation arrived late to the venue & our event planner was downright rude about it-- no greeting or congratulations, just a snotty attitude when we arrived. 5) The air conditioning at the venue was "broke" at the time of the wedding, so many of our guests were freezing & there was no visible management available to help guests troubleshoot. 6) The event staff refused to serve me alcohol b/c I didn't have my ID, even though the hotel had my ID on hand (I was 25 at the time), I paid for the whole thing, & both of my parents were there. 7) They THREW AWAY my wedding cake, even though they said they'd box it up and send it to my room (with no offer to reimburse). 8) When I tried to retrieve my cake stand they wouldn't mail it to me but when I went to pick it up they couldn't find it. 9) We stayed in the hotel the night of the wedding (comped room) but there was no sort of "congratulations, thanks for booking w/us" communication