Prairie Basket Florist Reviews

Prairie Basket Florist 5
Prairie Basket Florist 6
Prairie Basket Florist 7

Donna · Married on 03/26/2011

Candy is not just a florist, she is an artist. My daughters wedding flowers were perfect in every way. Giving Candy a few color choices, she took it and created unique, one of a kind arrangements. From the wedding arch to the table arrangements, awesome.

Sent on 03/28/2011

Denise · Married on 03/13/2011

I was referred to Prairie Baskets by my photograher for my wedding this past March. I met with Candy to go over the details I wanted for the flower arrangements for my wedding. After meeting with Candy, I immediatley felt comfortable and confident and knew that I needed to look no further. Candy ensured she knew what I wanted and promised to deliver beautiful arrangements on my wedding day. She provided me a detailed list to ensure we had everything covered. Candy made things less stressful for me. On my wedding day, the flowers that were delivered were even better than I expected. The bouquets were beyond amazing! I wanted bright, bold colorful flowers and she did just that! The flowers made each and every picture pop. We were 110% pleased with the service we received. I highly recommend Prairie Baskets. Not only did she deliver great flowers, she is a wondeful, caring person that will not let you be unhappy. The prices were awesome too! I had a budget and she stuck to it unlike other vendors that tried to get me to exceed it. Thank you Prairie Baskets for being party of our wedding day. The flowers that we will have in our pictures will last a lifetime.

Sent on 03/31/2011

Susan · Married on 07/10/2010

Candy did an excellent job with my flowers! I really had no idea what I was looking for and she did a great job of helping me pick out which flowers would work well with my colors. She was very affordable too and helped me pick things within my budget. Overall, I would highly recommend using Prairie Baskets!!

Sent on 03/31/2011

Ruthie · Married on 08/07/2009

Candy is truly an artist. She will come up with floral arrangements that are far more beautiful and creative than anything you could imagine on your own. She uses flowers and other fillers that I have never heard of, and the result is always a masterpiece. Not only is Candy my first choice for all of my floral needs, but I can recommend her on another level. I am a wedding photographer, and I have seen her work at numerous weddings in the Chicago area. I am ALWAYS impressed.

Candy also has a heart of gold. She is so sweet and pleasant to work with. I couldn't recommend her enough.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Tracy · Married on 05/11/2007

My flowers from Prairie Basket Florist were everything I could have ever dreamed of for my wedding day. They were exactly what I wanted. I had a tropical theme and the flowers really made the day- there were even birds of paradise and pineapples to help set the theme.

Sent on 02/22/2011

Jacki · Married on 07/25/2014

My husband and I got married at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, IL in July 2014 (I know.. very late with the review! yikes). We chose Prairie Basket Floral Design because I wanted a florist who used unique flowers to make our arrangements stand out. I was definitely not disappointed!! Candy was phenomenal to work with. I did not have much knowledge about flowers and wanted someone who I could trust to take my vision of the wedding and translate it with beautiful flowers.

At our consultation, I only had to give her general ideas- colors and styles that I liked and the "feel" we were going for, and she totally took control and the outcome was absolutely gorgeous. I loved that I did not have to tell her exactly what I was looking for and make tons of decisions about specific flowers. That being said, if you are a bride who knows exactly what she wants in terms of flowers, I know that Candy would be more than accommodating. She is very easy-going and available so even if you want to be more hands-on than I was with the designs, she will be a great fit!

In terms of the day-of, things could not have been smoother from my point of view! Candy confirmed that everything was ready to go a couple days before and then I didn't hear a peep from anyone that day about the flowers except for when Candy told me the flowers were all set up and to enjoy my night! Could not have asked for anything better than that!! I was nervous about this because our venue had a very tight and strict time limit for set-up but there was no need to worry at all!

Even 7.5 months after our wedding, I look at our pictures and my eyes go straight to the flowers. One of my aunts just told me LAST WEEK that she thought our flowers were the most beautiful she had ever seen. Clearly, they made an impression!!! I will definitely recommend Prairie Basket to my next friend who gets married in the Chicago area and any other bride who is looking for unique flowers with worry-free service!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding was in Palatine and reception was at the Glen Club in Glenview. Candy was wonderful to work with! She listened to what I wanted and delivered 100%! The flowers were absolutely beautiful and were such a great value! I was absolutely blown away! Thanks Candy!

Sent on 06/05/2017
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 10/20/2018

Very unique incredible flowers - unlike any others!

The flowers Candy did for my wedding were like none I'd ever seen. I let her take her artistic talents and thoughts and go with them and I couldn't have been happier! Lots of compliments from people on the bouquets and the center arrangements. Truly made everything come together as my tables were more simple in nature.

Sent on 10/23/2018
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 11/01/2014

Prairie Basket was very personable and collaborative. Candy did a great job bringing my vision to life without a ton of hands on support from me. We talked through things in detail with a few pictures and the centerpieces were everything I wanted and more. They were also were able to last minute deliver flowers to all of the moms on the wedding day as grooms gifts which made my now husband look like a hero.

Sent on 01/17/2015

3.5
      3.5

Candy at Prairie Basket created beautiful flowers for our August wedding! She is very creative and talented at what she does. We weren't really sure of what we wanted at first but Candy was able to work with us, take ideas that we did have, and mix those with her own unique designs. The final products were beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, and bouts which enhanced the theme and color scheme of our wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2015