Prairie Basket Florist Reviews

Prairie Basket Florist 5
Prairie Basket Florist 6
Prairie Basket Florist 7

Robert · Married on 05/28/2016

We were very pleased with the flowers, creativity, and service we received from Candy at Prairie Basket. The ceremony was outside at Citizens Park, Barrington , IL . Candy was creative and responsive to our tastes and needs with colorful and attractive bouquets. The reception at Makray Memorial Golf Club had tables adorned with beautiful flowers in a variety of ways that were natural, creative, vibrant, and exactly matched to our taste and style. All were fairly and reasonably priced.

Sent on 11/30/2016

Linda · Married on 10/03/2015

My daughter had VERY specific colors (i.e. Only plum and deep purple, no light shades of lavender) and only spring green, no

Sent on 10/08/2015

Candy did a spectacular job taking my vision and turning it into beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, cake flowers and centerpieces. We received SO many compliments on our flowers and will be using her for future events.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Alison · Married on 07/18/2015

Prairie Basket Flowers did an absolutely wonderful job. Candy did a really good job of working within my budget to create bouquets that were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. She couldn't get all of the flowers I had in mind due to season/price, and so she ordered different ones (most of which I had never heard of) that ended up looking even better. She delivered my flowers to two spots on the wedding day (bouquet in one place and decorations in another), and was very easy to work with. She also made an absolutely beautiful flower arrangement for an archway that we got married under (which was kind of a last minute addition). She also made a beautiful flower crown for me! I would recommend Prairie Basket Flowers 10/10 times. She was great to work with and her arrangements were wonderful.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Danny · Married on 07/04/2015

Everyone thought the flowers were particularly stunning. We had this crazy idea to find all these vintage pewter pieces as vases on the tables so Candy had to basically do custom arrangements unique to each piece of pewter. And was totally game for it. Every arrangement was a work of art. She took a large cut glass punch bowl and created this beautiful centerpiece. Candy was so wonderful in every way possible. The best vendor we hired for the wedding. She would have been worth twice the price.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Elena · Married on 06/28/2015

Candy was so wonderful to work with. After receiving a couple extremely high quotes from event design companies in downtown Chicago, my mom reminded me that Prairie Basket does beautiful arrangements and even did my bridal shower centerpieces (which were the most beautiful centerpieces I've seen at a bridal shower). So I decided to look for a separate company for lighting, etc and use Candy for floral. I'm so happy I did- her pricing is very reasonable, especially for the amount of time, attention and responsiveness she puts into the order. The bouquets were stunning - more beautiful than I had imagined and the centerpieces enhanced the venue (Chicago Botanic Garden). I had an idea for an escort card display and she accommodated my request. What I love most about Prairie Basket is the natural look of the arrangements. Candy uses flowers you don't see all of the time and gives the bouquets/centerpieces so much texture and depth with her artistic way of arranging them. I'm so happy I went with Prairie Basket and look forward to using Candy's services for another event someday!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Catie · Married on 11/08/2014

Candy is an absolute pleasure to work with and willing to do whatever she can to meet your needs on your big day! She was very flexible and willing to travel to deliver the flowers. She truly has an eye for bringing flowers and decor together. She is definitely the most talented florist I have met and it was evident of that on my wedding day when all anyone was talking about was the flowers. They brought everything together and the bouquets and centerpieces all tied together so well with all the decor. When I walked into the reception venue and saw how she had put everything together, my breath was taken away and it brought tears to my eyes because it was all so beautiful! Thank you Candy for making my day so amazing and working so hard with me to accommodate my budget! Prairie Basket won't let you down and it will be the best money spent!

Sent on 04/28/2015

We were on a very limited budget and I was a little uncomfortable about that, but Candy made me feel at ease & gave me some ideas along with sample pricing at our first meeting. She had some really wonderful/creative ideas as to how to re-use flowers for the church & reception and knowing I was cost conscious, always kept the cost on top of mind. Since I really didn't have a vision of what I wanted (other than "beautiful"), we discussed the colors & what flowers I would like & she took it from there. The day of my wedding, I opened the door & there was Candy with the most gorgeous and stunning bouquets I have ever seen! I could not believe my eyes & couldn't believe what she was able to create on such a limited budget. It was just amazing. The flowers for the church and reception were also very beautiful & many of the guests ended up taking the arrangements home to enjoy long after the party. I would recommend Candy without hesitation – you just can’t go wrong by choosing her to do your flowers.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Kris · Married on 10/04/2014

My flowers were gorgeous - far exceeded my expectations! They colors were vibrant and I received so many compliments. The flowers looked fantastic all day long. Candy was great to work with and I will definitely use Prairie Basket for flowers in the future.

Sent on 10/07/2014

Candy was AMAZING to work with for my wedding.
    I am not very creative and basically just showed her some pictures and told her to do whatever as long as it stayed in the color scheme. She nailed it, the flowers were amazing and beautiful and I could not be happier
    Not once did I doubt that I would have anything but elegant gorgeous flowers for my day. We didn't do a trial centerpiece or anything, I trusted her that much!

Thank you again Candy! I am so so happy with everything, it was a pleasure!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Rebekah · Married on 06/21/2014

I met Candy through my photographer, Justine Neslund - Justpix Inc. It was definitely the best decision ever!! Candy met me for lunch and had a beautiful portfolio to show me. She knows what she is doing. I told her everything I wanted and the colors. The outcome was beyond anything I ever imagined. Everyone just gushed over our flowers!!! They were stunning! I wish I could've saved them that way forever! Please use Candy whenever you have floral needs...it'll be more than worth it. :)

Sent on 08/12/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

Candy did a fantastic job with our bouquets and boutonnieres! After giving her a laundry list of flowers we liked, and a few that we requested not make an appearance, she came up with beautiful arrangements that included everything we requested, and things we hadn't even thought of that completely achieved the vision I had in my head. I would definitely recommend Candy and Prairie Basket to anyone who has a vision in their head and isn't quite sure how to make it happen, Candy knows how to make it happen!

Sent on 06/11/2014
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 11/30/2013

Prairie Basket Florist did the flowers (bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres) for our wedding and they were fantastic. Candy really took the time to understand the color palette we were looking for, and worked to stay within our budget. I would highly recommend working with Prairie Basket for your wedding or event. Candy was always very responsive and wanted to make sure we were completely happy with our flowers, which we were. Thank you for adding to our day!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Just had a wonderful wedding - 2 venues in Chicago, and Prairie Baskets made our dreams come true! I recommend this florist for high quality and beautiful flowers, creativity in design, fair pricing, and Prairie Baskets is a vendor you can trust. Candy worked with our budget and gave us the "wow factor" we were looking for. We met with Candy twice during the process, and each time she really listened and we left feeling even more excited about the wedding. Can't say enough wonderful things about our floral experience!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Erin · Married on 09/07/2013

Where to start?! I could not have been more thrilled with the floral arrangements. Candy is truly an artist, so easy to work with, and just did an absolutely amazing job. I gave her my color pallet, some types of flowers I liked and she took it from there. The flowers were so gorgeous, even my photographer asked who did them. I can't wait to share pictures!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Tayler · Married on 08/03/2013

Prairie Basket is absolutely wonderful to work with. She completely understood what I wanted and was honest about what would work best. We were so very happy with the results. The flowers were magnificent! I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Gorgeous, breath taking, stunning! Three words I used when I saw my flowers on the day of my wedding. From the first time I met Candy to the week before the big day she was always professional, helpful and creative, She made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. I came in with pictures and ideas and she helped form them into exactly what I had hoped for. As my ideas changes and numbers changed she constantly said no problem. She created unique boutonniere for the men , 3 types of flowers for the moms/grandmas/readers and younger helpers. Candy took the time to add specials charms to all of the girls flowers as I wanted them to have a special memento from that day. She put together beautiful bouquets to hang on the canopy for he ceremony and set out silver sap buckets with bunches of babies breath down the aisle. The bridesmaids bouquets were stunning! They were everything I could have hoped for and more! Mine stood out but was still similar, it was larger and had more white. The flowers were romantic and fit the mood perfectly. Candy also placed flowers on the our cake and worked to incorporate our family heirloom birds on the cake too. Candy did an amazing job and I will go to her for every occasion I have in the future.

Sent on 01/27/2014

Lynn · Married on 07/06/2013

The flowers for my daughter's wedding were absolutely gorgeous! Candy created beautiful, unique bouquets and centerpieces that were true to the style of the wedding and everything we envisioned!!
    Candy is wonderful to work with. She is timely and dependable and very easy- going. She listened to our wants and worked within our budget. I would HIGHLY recommend using The Prairie Basket Florist!! We couldn't have been happier with the service provided. Lynn

Sent on 07/12/2013

Grace · Married on 06/08/2013

I used Candy as the florist for my wedding and she did a wonderful job! All of our centerpieces were unique and different like we requested and she even used all of the mason jar and mercury glass vases we provided her! Our bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres were also gorgeous and unique! Candy was very easy to meet with, as we did several times leading up to the wedding, and easy to get ahold of via phone or email. She did an excellent job completing our vision and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone in need of a florist!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Rikki · Married on 05/25/2013

Prairie Basket did an amazing job with our wedding. Candy took our vision and made it come to life! We had a vintage barn wedding and she knew exactly what we needed in order to make everything come together!

Candy was a pleasure to work with. She took exactly what we had envisioned and exceeded our expectations!

Thank you so much for all your work!!!

Sent on 07/22/2013

christina · Married on 10/13/2012

Candy is amazing and if you are in the northwest area you def. need to have your flowers done through her! such unique beautiful colorful flowers that last!

Sent on 04/11/2013

pam · Married on 05/05/2012

Wow, were we lucky to find Prairie Basket! Our daughter was getting married on a farm, so I asked members of the local garden club for recommendations. Unanimous answer: Candy Quinn of Prairie Basket. Candy is so nice, professional and knowledgeable. She offered thoughtful suggestions but didn't hijack the project. Candy put the bride first, knowing that it was the bride's day.

Results were awesome. Gorgeous flowers arranged in wine boxes and glass bottles gave the tent a country (but not bumpkin) feel. Bride's bouquet was exactly what my daughter wanted and bridesmaids' bouquets complimented the dresses perfectly.

So many guests asked who did our flowers. Was happy to recommend Prairie Basket as I do to you!
    Thank you, Candy Quinn, for your help.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/21/2012

It was an absolute pleasure working with Candy on the flowers for our wedding. The flowers were beautiful, unique and stunning! Candy’s creativity and expertise awards her the ability to provide exactly what you are looking for, as well as, far exceed your expectations. For example, I had a pretty clear picture of how I envisioned my bouquet, and it turned out exactly the way I had explained, but better! Additionally, we had a more general idea and vision for the ceremony, reception and bridal party flowers. Candy captured modern elegance without question- the colors, textures and arrangements enhanced the overall ambiance at the Chicago History Museum and created even more special details!

Sent on 12/02/2012

Alison · Married on 02/18/2012

The flowers that Candy and her team provided were outstanding. The listened to the descriptions of what we were looking for and then matched our layman's terms with the most gorgeous flowers and really creative arrangements. My bouquet was better than I could have imagined and my husband's boutonniere was a great match for his personality and the style of the wedding. I can't recommend them highly enough and I hope to use them many more times in the future.

Sent on 02/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2011

Candy just did our daughter's wedding. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful and unique the flowers were, especially my daughter's bouquet, which was made of white roses, calla lilies, lady's slippers, berries, and a few other unfamiliar flowers. It was breathtaking! And the bridesmaids' bouquets, centerpieces, corsages, etc.--I could go on and on. We had a very traditional wedding, yet Candy was able to create untraditional arrangements that were tasteful, colorful but not gaudy, and exactly what we wanted. She was always available for questions and encorporated everything we requested. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 08/06/2011