Potliquor Catering Reviews

Berkeley, CA
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 6 Reviews
View more information

Katerina Married on 06/21/2019

Wonderful people and superb food

Jennifer and Laura were so helpful and easy to work with you. They were responsive, on top of everything, and truly made the process as stress-free as possible for me. I was planning my wedding my across the country and couldn't be there in person but they were very helpful, made me comfortable with the whole process, and worked with us to accommodate our unique requests and answer all our questions. The food was incredible, we had some many guests come up to tell us how delicious it was! We were initially nervous about picking cocktails without being there to try them, but they were out of this world as well. Everything was fresh, expertly managed, and perfect in every way.
  • Paloma
    Paloma Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing food and amazing execution of event

Finding a caterer was the most difficult part of our wedding planning process. I came across so many options and felt skeptical whenever anyone asked me to build my own menu from a huge list of items for our cocktail-style reception. When I found Potliquor, Jennifer and Laura asked me what we were looking for and came up with a menu that seemed their style with some influence from our ideas. We loved it! Their cooking is very Bay Area in the fresh, Californian way and all of the small plates they chose to make for us were the perfect amount of food to keep our guests from getting hungry afterwards.

I was pleased to hear a lot of our guests raving about the food (and very pleased that I was able to eat plenty in between talking to our guests)! They even worked with us to create our menu allium-free (my husband and I eat low-FODMAP) and had plenty of options for vegetarian, gluten-intolerant and lactose-intolerant folks. Some of the faves were the lamb meatballs, greens and potato handpies, dungeness crab and green gem, and mushroom toast.

We let Jennifer and Laura choose most of our rentals from Bright because we trusted them to find the right fit. Once my husband and I reached the reception space, it looked like a dream. We can't thank them enough for making our special day feel that much more special!
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina Married on 04/28/2018
    I can't say enough about how amazing Potliquor is. They crafted THE MOST incredible vegetarian feast for our wedding!! It was inventive, fresh, seasonal, beautifully presented, and insanely delicious. Their service was impeccable and our guests were gushing. We couldn't have asked for more. THANK YOU Potliquor for making our wedding perfect!!
    Ra Married on 08/21/2016
    Jennifer and Laura are INCREDIBLE! They were recommended to us by friends who are real foodies and we feel like we really lucked out that they were available to cater our wedding. They were very generous with their time, going through several rounds of menu ideas, and they truly captured what we were wanting our guests to enjoy. Months after our wedding, our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed the food at our wedding. Their catering staff were also wonderful- very professional and attentive to our guests.

On top of the amazing food they created for our wedding, Laura and Jennifer also very patiently coordinated all of our rentals. They helped us figure out the best seating set-up and were always responsive, professional, and warm.

And on top of all that, they also coordinated the bar/drinks, which were perfect. If you want delicious, beautiful, thoughtfully sourced food made by wonderful people, I very highly recomment Potliquor!!
    Chloe Married on 06/12/2016
    Jennifer and Laura did an amazing job catering my wedding in San Francisco! They helped me create a very unique menu focusing on seasonal ingredients that fit my vegetable-centric tastes but still keep all the meat-eaters happy. I got compliments on the food throughout the evening from all of the guests! The servers were also all very attentive to the guests needs as well as making sure my husband and I got to actually try all the food ourselves! I also hired Jennifer to be the day of coordinator for the wedding and she did a wonderful job leading up to the event and on the day of. She worked with me to plan out every detail in advance and she kept the event running so smoothly I didn't have to do a thing once the wedding began. Leading up to the event, both Jennifer and Laura were very organized and thoughtful, and they responded to all of my questions and concerns quickly and thoroughly. I can't recommend them enough!
  • User1842556 2+ years ago
    Jennifer and Laura's catering company called Potliquor just catered my wedding up in the redwood forest for a whole weekend!

I feel like the luckiest of brides to have found them!!!!! They are the best! Not only did they make the most delicious and healthy dishes for every single meal we had, but they were also kind, gracious, professional, and helpful. Her servers were even the nicest people. I can't even express my appreciation enough! I am a super picky person and all of my friends and family are major organic foodies and everyone is still raving about how amazing our food was and how awesome and sweet our caterers were!

They are the best!