Posh Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

13 | Raleigh, NC

13 Reviews for Posh Wedding & Event Planning

Alicia · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot recommend Kat Wrenn of Posh Weddings and Events more highly. Without her our wedding just simply would not have been the same. My now husband and I had an unexpected move just before the wedding and I cannot describe in words how much Kat did for us to ensure our wedding was the day we had been picturing and the stress did not become the focus. There was no detail that went unplanned and because of Kat, we were able to pull of the remainder of the planning states away. By the time our wedding day arrived, Kat felt like a lifetime family friend. Because of Kat I was not stressed on the big day and could truly take in the moments. Her attention to detail and responsiveness was more than we could have imagined and for that we are forever grateful. Thank you Kat for playing such a big role on the day we will never forget.

Wedding October 28, 2017

Sent on 01/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 09/19/2015

I don't think I will ever be able to thank Kat enough for all the hard work and time she put into planning our special day! I gave her ideas, pictures and colors of what I wanted our wedding to entail and what she gave us was beyond anything I could have ever imagined! The day of our wedding was actually a surprise to me in a lot of ways. I gave Kat the reigns to decorate, pick flowers for our centerpieces and bouquets, pick a catering company (holy amazing!) and anything else she could suggest for us. I had to best time planning this wedding with Kat and my mother, she will forever be apart of our family!! Thank you again Kat!!

Love,

Joey & Morgan Heilmann

Sent on 09/21/2015

Valerie · Married on 05/26/2013

Hiring Kat was one of the best decisions I ever made! I knew as soon as I met her I was in good hands. I immediately felt comfortable. I felt I had expert budget preparation. Suggestions were always wonderful and they worked very hard to make my dreams come to life. She was probably the most professional person I've ever met and was always prompt returning my calls & emails. I always felt no matter how busy she was I was the "only" bride and had her undivided attention. I felt like I saved money by having a planner and it definitely made me enjoy my day more and made my family enjoy the day as well. There were never any worries and everything was absolutely perfect!!! She made the vendor selection process so easy and introduced me to vendors that fit my style & personality as well as my budget. Always went above and beyond what was expected and more. The extensive experience she has is a comfort and is reflected in her work. Her attention to detail is unbelievable and her talent is exceptional. Give her a call and hire the best!

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • Y

Yasmeen · Married on 10/13/2012

Katherine always managed to blow me away. The way she dealt with me made me feel like I was the only client she was working with. I never thought a detail would go forgotten. She is so organized and detail oriented, it seemed like she kept notes of all the little things I mentioned in conversations.

Katherine was able to get discount pricing on things like stationary (invitations, programs), band, party favors, and guestbook. She went over and beyond and even helped the grooms family plan the rehearsal dinner. Most importantly she made sure I stayed within my budget. It is so nice to have someone who knows the business and what things should cost to draw up a realistic budget on things like flowers, photography, stationary etc. so you know what you can and can't afford. I think it's easy for brides to overspend on several large ticket items (like band and photographer) and not realize how that will affect the other parts of the wedding. Katherine helped me realize the budget parameters I had to stay within in order to make sure other aspects of the wedding were fully funded.

Working with her was such a pleasant experience. She did things for me that I know other wedding planners would not have done. She hand addressed all my wedding invitations, received and kept track of RSVP's, and loaned me decorations that belonged to her at no charge. She also had great communication with my family and the grooms family to ensure things were going the way everyone anticipated. I highly recommend using Katherine as your wedding planner. Save yourself the time and agony of planning a wedding by yourself (or with your mom). Katherine is THE ONLY WAY to go. I promise you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Barbara · Married on 08/18/2012

Katherine was excellent. Everything was taken care of. The wedding was beautiful and we were able to enjoy every minute because she was taking care of everything. She helped us to locate and select a perfect venue. And then helped and guided us with selecting save the dates, invitations, flowers, decorations, photographer, dj, menu, etc. She took care of all the details so that we could enjoy every minute.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Katherine was exceptional from the moment she was contacted to help plan the wedding until the last guest left and the event was over. I worked with her for over a year in advance - everyone involved including the bride and her family were all thrilled with everything Posh did to make the entire wedding and surrounding party a success. Katherine is incredibly talented and so organized. Her experience shows. Hire her without hesitation and look forward to an incredible event as a result!

Sent on 09/11/2013
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/02/2012

Katherine is an AMAZING wedding planner. When I got engaged I wanted the perfect wedding, but I knew I couldn't do it by myself, BUT I thought with my tight budget I couldn't afford a planner. One of my best friends from college recommended Katherine and said, "Just call her and see. She is affordable and is willing to work with you." Honestly, my budget was TIGHT but I thought I would give it a shot. I called Katherine and from the minute I spoke with her I KNEW I HAD to make it work because I KNEW she could make my wedding perfect.

I am a control freak, I will admit, so I was nervous about having someone plan my wedding for me, but I knew I didn't have the time or patience to do it on my own! I was SO PLEASED with Katherine's work. I could say to her, "This is what I want" or "This is NOT what I want" or "I want this but not that and this and not that," and SHE ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS came through. Whatever I wanted (within reason and within budget) she provided. Due to my profession I don't have a lunch break and I can't take calls during the day. It was wonderful knowing if stuff needed to be done or people needed to be called, that I had someone to do it for me. It was great to know that if I needed something done, I had someone to take care of it. The best part was I was NOT stressed on my wedding day at all (and I am usually a basket case). I KNEW Katherine had everything under control and she did.

Every girl, whether we want to admit it or not, has dreamed of her wedding day since she was a child. We dream of our dress, husband, decorations, etc. In my dreams my wedding was great, but my REAL wedding day was PERFECT (every single detail) because of Katherine. I always hear brides say, "I would do this differently" or "I would change this" but I can honestly say I would change NOTHING and that is because of Katherine. Thank you so much for making my wedding day better than my dreams! Thank you will never be enough!

You should call Katherine if you want an AMAZING wedding. Even if you have a small budget like me, she CAN and WILL make it work and you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/17/2012

ashley · Married on 05/19/2012

Katherine helped me come up with very creative and unique ideas and special touches for my wedding. She is readily available when questions arise, and will always give an honest opinion if asked. It was very refreshing as I am the first of friends to get married in years.

Sent on 08/15/2012
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 11/12/2011

The decision to hire Katherine Wrenn of Posh Weddings and Events based in Raleigh, NC was the best we made throughout the wedding planning process. Her attention to detail and ability to transform your vision into reality is unprecedented. Thanks to Katherine, our planning was organized and fun rather than all over the place and stressful.

I used to think that I would never be able to afford a wedding planner because it would eat away at some of my precious budget. I am here to tell you that is one of the biggest misconceptions in wedding planning! Katherine made good use of every single penny we budgeted for and the end result was a wedding that appeared much more extravagant than I would have ever dreamed (in a magnificent way). Not to mention that in hindsight I wouldn't have been able to handle wedding planning on my own. I know many brides can but going into planning I had a very packed social calendar along with a very big vision ... and I would have lost my sanity without Posh Weddings & Events!

I'll never forget the feeling of gratitude and awe that flooded through me when my husband and I stepped into the ballroom to get our sneak peek before our guests. It was breathtaking and I know none of it would have been possible without the expertise of Posh Weddings & Events. Our wedding ended up being everything we envisioned (and more!). We highly recommend their services to any engaged couple!

Sent on 12/02/2011

Suzanne · Married on 04/23/2011

Katherine could not have been more amazing. She was always there 24 hours a day to help with planning and even stress managment. She always went above and beyond to make the last 11 months the best of life and as stress free as possible. I can't imagine planning anything without her! Posh Wedding & Events was by far the best money I spent during wedding planning!

Sent on 05/02/2011

Stephanie · Married on 03/26/2011

Katherine did a wonderful job planning our wedding. She was always willing to go the extra mile to do anything that we needed and our wedding turned out perfectly.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Dottie · event on: 01/27/2013

Always a great experience working with Kat. Have used her company for corp. events, large birthday productions and weddings. Total peace of mind. The most generous person as well. No detail is overlooked. Always perfection!

Sent on 01/01/2014

kimberly · Married on 05/19/2011

Mrs. Katherine Wrenn was a great wedding planner. She knew from the time that my husband and I hired her we were VERY VERY busy people. We live nearly an hour and a half from each other. She was able to plan my wedding down to the tee, via phone, text and email. I rated her a 4.8 because a few phone calls were missed and not returned. Please don't read into this. This didn't effect the way my wedding was planned. I would recommend her to anyone, and I am strongly indebted to her for life. I did not have any hick-up at my wedding. NOT ONE!!!! She found everything I wanted and even helped me with other things not related to the wedding. THANK YOU!!!! And for anyone hiring a planner, GO with POSH WEDDINGS AND EVENTS!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2011