Portsmouth Gas Light Co Reviews

Portsmouth Gas Light Co 7
  • Emily

Emily Lewis · Married on 10/06/2018

A gaslight wedding!

I can’t begin to explain our incredible experience with Kate from the Gas Light in Portsmouth, NH. She was professional, kind, prompt, and understood our wedding vision. She was always available to speak with and answered every question. Kate set up the venue with some help from my sister-in-laws and some frantically handwritten scrap paper notes of my directions. She took everything I wanted and turned it into a classic, romantic, elegant wedding reception!! If you think that you can’t turn the third floor night club into your wedding venue, you are SORELY mistaken!! The beauty of the brick and mortar and the historic feel of the venue itself barely needs decorating, but Kate will gladly work with you to make your dream happen!
    And the FOOD!!! Oh my god the food was excellent. Of course we have had many positive dining experiences at the Gas Light before our wedding, but we were nervous about ordering traditional wedding fare (which everyone knows can go either way!). We chose a buffet of their ‘sliders bar’ station, sides of mashed potatoes and green beans, and several varieties of their mouth watering brick oven pizzas - and they did not disappoint in the least! I was so impressed! We never ran out, either - there was always another hot pizza replacing an empty spot. Everyone raved about finally going to a wedding with GOOD food! I will not hesitate to recommend the Gas Light as a potential wedding venue, or for any other kind of wedding celebration!
    We can’t thank Kate and the Gas Light team enough for making our wedding dreams a reality!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Portsmouth Gas Light Co 17
    Portsmouth Gas Light Co 18
    Portsmouth Gas Light Co 19

Emily and Cody,
    We here at the Gas Light cannot thank you both enough for having your wedding with us, it was a magical, and beautiful day. We are so happy you shared your special day with us.
    Kate & Gas Light Family

Colleen · event on 06/24/2015

we had a corporate event there on their 3rd floor and my entire firm was pleased!
    It was a great success .. and i assure you its hard to please my entire firm!~
    thank you Gas Light! We had a great night!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

Thanks Colleen! It was such a pleasure having you here! Hopefully we see you again soon!

Caitlyn was amazing on the day of our event. She had snacks ready for us in the back before we went out to be introduced to all of our guests. She got all of our decorations on the tables with her staff and had it ready for us to pick up the following day. I didn't have to do a thing except coordinate with her what I wanted prior to our wedding. She also checked on us and made sure things were going how we wanted throughout the entire event! Thanks so much Caitlyn!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

Thank you so much Liz!! It was such a pleasure being part of such an amazing couple's celebration!!!

Jason · event on 06/09/2015

The networking event we held at the Portsmouth Gaslight for our trade association was fantastic. The staff was responsive and accommodating when our guests started eating way more than we expected. In addition, they allowed us the flexibility for both indoor and outdoor events in case it rained, which it did. Our feedback from the participants after was the it was the "best networking event the organization has had to date."

Sent on 07/20/2015

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

Thank you Jason! It was such a pleasure working with you and having your group here. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Colleen · event on 05/06/2015

The Gas Light responded quickly to my request for information, menu and pricing for my event. The delicious menu, taking care of set-up/ break down details, and competitive pricing made it an easy decision to hold the company function there. When we arrived, everything was prepared and ready, this was important because we had short time schedule. Caitlyn, the function organizer at Gas Light, was very helpful even providing last minute menu options for attendees with food allergies. The attendees response was that they loved the food and the location. Caitlyn and the whole Gas Light staff did a great job -making my job easy and stress free.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

Thanks Colleen! It is always so great having Portsmouth-Eats here with us!
  • User4320932 · 2+ years ago

I would definitely recommend hosting an event at Portsmouth Gas Light. Although it is a bit unconventional - having an event in a night club - it turns into a beautifully light, comfortable space for a rehearsal dinner in Portsmouth. Their team was very helpful, cooperative, and provided a great service.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

I am so happy you had a positive experience with us! Hopefully we will see you soon!!
    Caitlyn

This was a great venue for our guests to relax and have pizza before the big day.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

I am so happy you had a good time here with us!! Hopefully we see you again soon!

Chelsie · Married on 06/20/2014

The Gaslight was a great place for our rehearsal dinner. We had the upstairs to ourselves which is a very cool space with exposed brick and circular bar, and awesome views of downtown Portsmouth. The food was really good and one bartender in particular was really great and helpful. There was a screen for a slideshow that my brother in law made for us, and a mic for my father in law to do a speech. It was great!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Portsmouth Gas Light Co's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Chelsie! It was such a pleasure being part of your special weekend. I hope to see you soon!

Concerned · event on 07/12/2018

1.2
      1.5
      1.5

Went to check in and met the bouncer who was obviously training a’newbie’. He was rude and profiling for the younge crowd to enter the bar. I was 6 months pregnant and my friend has special needs bit since she did not ‘look right’ to him we were dismissed. He was very rude and continued to talk to his understudy as if we were not there.it was 7:00 in the afternoon and he perceived as visitors who were not able to enter; so sad that the Gas Light has not become a family friendly restaurant

Sent on 07/13/2018