Portico Weddings & Events Reviews

0.0
      3.0
      1.0
      1.0

While we LOVED the other vendors this venue worked with, we found Kyle (owner/coordinator) extremely difficult to work with- imagine the coordinator pouting at your wedding, because things are not going the way he wanted them (like where people sit, how people walk down the aisle, etc.)

He also used our wedding as a "marketing tool" by playing his promotional video when the guests were arriving. Do you really think I liked a video of other people's weddings playing at my wedding? He then demanded to know, "who turned off the TV?" His wife had to explain that perhaps the bride does not want it playing at her wedding- duh!

I also did not appreciate being "diciplined" at my rehearsal for making changes to the number of people attending. When you require a 30 day advance count of people attending, it takes a little estimating. I told him how many people I invited; he told me how many I can expect to be there. We had some emergencies come up on my side of the family and not everyone was able to make it. The caterer understood and Kyle flipped out (oh boo-hoo- less chairs to set up, less people to accommodate- it was not quite the crisis he made it out to be).

Kyle's assistant was very sweet and accommodating (she treated us like it was our day or something!) After she provided some plastic cups of water, Kyle became very upset with the Groom and Groomsmen about "taking stuff that doesn't belong to you." I'm sorry, but for $10K I think he can throw in 6 plastic cups of tap water.

Before our big day I asked him what time my bridesmaids could drop off the table decorations (a jar with a candle in it- I know complex) so that when his crew was setting up, they could put the jars on the tables. He stated that they were going to be too busy because they have a wedding the night before and then have to set up for my wedding, so I needed to take care of it myself. Table decorations were included with the package we purchased, but I had my own idea about what decoration I wanted. So, if I had used their table decorations would I have had to set that up too? Seriously, it was a jar with a candle in it!

Like I said, his vendors were great!
    Amy- AMAZING photographer.
    Lena- AMAZING food, flowers, and presentation.
    Music Man- GREAT guys and didn't miss a beat with any of the music
    The cake (I can't remember their names)- Looked beautiful, but I wasn't such a fan of the texture. My husband thought it was fine though.

If I could do it all over again, I would not have my wedding at Portico, for one reason. Kyle. Every piece of stress I felt that day was in response to his behavior. It was ridiculous.

Sent on 05/28/2008