Portico Weddings & Events Reviews

45 | Gilbert, AZ

45 Reviews for Portico Weddings & Events

45 Portico Weddings & Events Reviews

Monica · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Venue for our Wedding!

I can not express enough how much they made this day so easy and perfect for our wedding! I'm still getting compliments on how perfect it all was and I know for a fact it was all because of Portico- Kyle and Amy have this down to a science and were amazing.

Pamela C · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect in Everyway

This day was the most perfect day with Amy, Kyle and the staff at Portico ! Amy and Kyle are consummate professionals and only work with the best. When I arrived the day of, I was completely blown away with the preparation and readiness of the Portico team. We had a team helping with decorations (which I did not expect thinking our family would be in charge of that). They made sure to find out what my wishes were as to ceremony and reception items as I was stashed away in the bridal room so the groom and I wouldn't see each other. We had a team helping us all prepare items like the ring bearer pillow before the ceremony, pinning corsages... Just an amazing, fun loving group of people to have around you on this special day!

And the venue...it's absolutely perfect. The perfect backyard wedding, but for 130ish people! Every single guest fell in love with the ceremony grounds and had an absolute blast during the reception.

If you are a busy bride with a full time job and family, Portico is a miracle. They made all of the vendor details so easy and was still within our budget. We would do it all over again in a heartbeat with Portico.

Dawna · Married on 05/19/2018

Holding our daughter’s wedding at Portico Wedding and Events venue was a choice that we will always be happy with. The staff, the very reasonable price for the accommodations they provide, and the grounds all convinced us -From the first day that we, along with our daughter and now husband toured the grounds and sat and met with Amy to inquire information for the wedding and reception. A morning wedding/reception was the plan, and Portico was perfect for a morning, brunch wedding and reception. Amy was incredible from the first day, and throughout the year of preparations. She and Kyle are eager to answer questions and also provide information you may not even think of.

We customized our own food and were able to have local establishments bring in prepared food; they were open to us doing that. Portico has an option for a Server’s Package, that was something our daughter wanted so that mom could enjoy the wedding and not work it. We highly recommend the Server’s Package, it did ease many details by providing service throughout the day.

The grounds are amazing! Lush trees and orange trees and green grass for the wedding ceremony – gorgeous! Add to that , the stone wall for the ceremony, this lends to beautiful pictures and setting. The bride and groom rooms were a hit! The spacious and beautiful bride’s room was a great feature that we were pleased to see. The open outside seating with high top tables and ramadas along with the enclosed reception area allowed for our guests to mingle in the morning sun, enjoying conversation with coffee and donuts. Very inviting and beautiful!

Thank you, Amy and Kyle, for providing the PERFECT place for our daughter and son’s special day!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Portico Weddings & Events's reply:

Dawna- Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We loved working with you and your family. Thank you for being amazing clients. Amy & Kyle

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2018

My husband and I chose Portico Weddings for our March 31, 2018 wedding venue and could not have been more amazingly pleased. From the moment I walked onto the property while searching for a venue I knew Portico was where I wanted to have my wedding--I didn't even go tour the remaining venues on my list. In one venue I would be able to be married outside in a beautiful grassy area with lush trees that I had always dreamed of, my guests could enjoy cocktail hour in the spacious open courtyard with an outside built-in bar, and then dinner and dancing in the beautiful spacious tented pavilion on the property. It was perfect. The attention to details they both provided were beyond amazing. The pricing for their venue was hands down the most affordable for us which included breaking down payments for us to make over a time period plus we could bring in our own vendors and provide our own alcohol for the bar. Kyle and Amy were always available to answer questions no matter what it was--they never made me feel like I was bothering them--especially when we came down to the final 2 weeks before the wedding and my anxiety kicked in. Every phone call and email to Kyle and Amy was answered, suggestions given, details provided that I probably would not have thought of. I could go on forever about how amazing the were.

Kyle and Amy were absolutely amazing through the entire wedding planning and day of process. Arriving to the venue on the day of our wedding I was at a loss for words at how beautiful everything was. Every detail I had discussed with Kyle and Amy was taken care of--even a few details I had not thought of. We had nothing to worry about. They made our wedding a night we will never forget. Thank you Kyle and Amy from the bottom of our hearts. You both are amazing!

Hans · Married on 02/03/2018

I was blown away by how awesome everything went @ Portico. Beyond the very competitive pricing, convenient location, and classy style of this place it is the proprietors that make it special. Amy & Kyle have a passion for what they do, and they bring a cheerful expertise that is hard to find. Every other place we went in our venue selection process we were met by sales people trying to hit a quota. The folks at Portico are real, and they want to help you create a beautiful wedding. Their experience and relationships with a full array of excellent vendors means that you have a one stop shop for everything you'll need. So many folks have come to us saying our wedding was the best they could remember. The DJ was flexible and our jams kept the place jumping. The food was off the hook. More than anything, it was comfortable, with plenty of quiet nooks for chatting. The bar service was solid, and everything worked like a well oiled machine. Amy's work as a photographer is world class. Kyle wears more hats than I can count, he is the problem annihilator. If you are planning a wedding, you should absolutely check this place out!

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Kyle and Amy were helpful from the start. From finding us a time slot to come visit accommodating our schedules to walking us through every step of the wedding planning, they surely surpassed our hopes for a peaceful, stress-free experience. Their vendor choices are excellent, and they orchestrated the perfect evening. We were so incredibly pleased and grateful for our wonderful wedding.

Catherine · Married on 10/12/2017

When I got engaged, I searched high and low looking for a venue that would meet my and my fiance's needs. Portico was very affordable and I liked the layout of the venue so we decided to go with it. Kyle and Amy were very helpful during the planning phase. I must have emailed them a dozen times with questions and requests. They always responded within a few hours, which gave me peace of mind. The day of, Amy and Kyle went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. If anything went wrong, I never heard about it. I was able to enjoy my day with my new husband!

Callie · Married on 12/09/2016

I had my wedding here on December 9th, 2016. This is such a beautiful venue, and Kyle and Amy were amazing to work with! They go over every detail with you, and make you feel confident that your big day will go on without a hitch! It was an amazing experience for myself and my husband.

Portico was intimate, romantic, and beautiful! We loved all of the plants and flowers around the venue because we wanted more of a garden feel rather than a ballroom.

We brought in our own food, alcohol, and cake, because we didn't enjoy the food from their suggested vendors (and we wanted Mexican food!). Doing this we saved a LOT on food etc because of how expensive some catering companies can be, but we just ended up putting more money toward the venue itself because we had to pay a "service package" to proved wait staff, cleanup, etc.

The venue has a capacity maximum of 150 guest but we had just under 100 and I can't imagine sitting many more than that. We thought 100 was the perfect fit for their space. We also brought in our own white chair covers because they only have ivory patterned ones and I wanted to match the white underlay of the tables. The tables are smaller and we comfortably sat 6-7 people and our guest said they LOVED how intimate that was. They could actually talk to each other!

Amy and Kyle, the owners, were awesome! They helped a lot with the entire event because they care about their venue and their clients. They considered our guest their guests and wanted to make sure everything ran smoothly. We still hired a day of coordinator who helped manage the vendors, put together a final timeline, and many other things and that's one of the best decisions we made. I highly recommend doing this to help minimize stress!

Overall we had an amazing and flawless day! Our guests had a great time, we had a great time, and it couldn't have been better!

Also this was our price breakdown: $4400 rental, $500 deposit, $1550 China server package, $750 bartender/bar insurance

Shannon · Married on 03/19/2016

Can't say enough good things about Kyle and Amy. They made everything so easy and everything looked absolutely amazing!

• F

Faith · Married on 03/05/2016

Amy and Kyle are awesome to work with! I can't say enough about them or the venue! Any time i had a question, all I had to do was pick up the phone and call, or send an email. Amy was exceptionally helpful throughout the planning process. Everyone has said how beautiful everything was. We visited about 20 venues, but Portico was by far the most beautiful not to mention perfect for our wedding. Thank you Amy and Kyle for helping to make our wedding AMAZING!

Rebekah · Married on 02/06/2016

Amy and Kyle are absolutely amazing. My husband and I recently were married at Portico with one of the all-inclusive packages. They took care of nearly everything. The planning and wedding day was as about as no stress as one could have for a wedding. The venue was gorgeous. Amy and Kyle took care of every little thing the day of the wedding like true professionals. They were able to create a truly special day for us and our guests. Highly recommend looking into Portico!

KELLY · Married on 11/20/2015

Portico Weddings was awesome!!! We wanted to use our own vendors and they were very helpful and flexible with all of them. I highly recommend Portico Weddings!!!

Rogelio · Married on 10/22/2015

We recently had our wedding at Portico, place was beautiful, the owners Amy and Kyle they were always helpful, open to answer any question and helped us with any special requirement. We visited different locations and options but a soon as we walked into Portico we knew for sure that this will be our magic place.
    We highly recommend this venue to be your special place for your most beautiful day. Pictures from the wedding came out so beautiful, we add some decorations to the place but to be fair the place it self is beautiful as it is.
    thank you Portico for make even more special our special day!!!
    Rogelio and Herschel Avila

Devon · Married on 10/17/2015

In October 2015, we used Portico for our ceremony and reception venue for 75 guests. After viewing several different venues, we fell in love and booked Portico during our first visit. The owners (Kyle and Amy) were always easy to reach and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. They were extremely professional and walked us through every detail, no matter how small. If you are looking for a venue in Gilbert, please make sure to visit Portico!

I did the ceremony only package. I looked everywhere and they had the most affordable venue that was still also really cute. Amy and her husband were wonderful. Amy also did the photography for the ceremony. The pictures came out beautiful! I would definitely recommend this place.

Kyle & Amy at Portico are AMAZING!!!! They made our day absolutely perfect!! From the time we booked until the day of our wedding the two of them were with us every step of the way. They were always there to answer our questions and fast! They offered a full package which made the planning super easy and stress free! The vendors they partner with are first class and made our wedding day everything we dreamed of!! We had a budget and with Portico we came well under the budget!! We had 150 guests at our wedding and we still hear from our guests how much fun they had at our wedding and we owe it all to Kyle & Amy at Portico!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! We so appreciate everything you did for us to make our day exactly what we dreamed of!!

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2015

Portico Weddings and Events is an absolutely beautiful single use indoor/outdoor property. Amy and Kyle (owners and event organizers) were amazing to work with! Anytime I had a question, I had a response in less than 24 hours. They were flexible with what I wanted and an excellent value. Because of their services and flexibility, they contributed to us actually coming in UNDER budget for the wedding! Who can say that?! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the service. Amy made sure throughout the event to check in with me to make sure I had everything I needed and because they did such an amazing job, I never needed anything. I recommend this venue 100%

Rachel · Married on 02/21/2015

If I could give more than 5 stars for this venue I absolutely would! Not only is the location gorgeous and exactly what we were looking for for our wedding, but Kyle and Amy were great to work with. Amy was a tremendous help on the day of the wedding helping with coordinating who was going where and when. They absolutely helped make our already special day absolutely perfect!

Chelsey · Married on 11/08/2014

Portico Wedding Venue was the absolute best place my husband and I could have chosen to get married. Kyle and Amy Schafer made all the preparations super easy and the companies they have teamed up with are fantastic as well. We got absolutely wonderful remarks about our wedding from our family and friends and feel that if any other happy event were to take place in our lives, Portico would be the first choice! Their attention to detail, and the ease to work with them made what we had heard was overwhelming, one of the easiest and most memorable experiences of our lives.

Kyle and Amy were wonderful to work with. They are quick to respond and very easy to work with. They made our wedding so much easier and less stressful. We rec'd so many compliments on the Venue and on them! Our day was wonderful.

• F

Fina · Married on 04/03/2014

Great place! Everything was perfect. They were always available to answer my questions.

Stefanie · Married on 03/08/2014

We had our wedding at Portico and it went so perfectly! I felt like I never needed to worry about details because they had everything covered. Anytime I had a question they had an answer, and all of their vendors were very accommodating and great to work with! Amy and Kyle made our wedding day so much less stressful than it could have been and we are so glad we chose portico.

raeanna · Married on 02/16/2014

Our wedding was beautiful. The portico provided great service and communication was fabulous. We definitely have recommended the venue to other couples we know getting married.