Ponderosa & Thyme Reviews

12 | Salem, OR

12 Reviews for Ponderosa & Thyme

Ponderosa & Thyme provided both day-of coordinating and florals for our wedding, and we could not be happier with the work Katie Davis and her partner did for our wedding day. We planned our wedding from afar, and Katie was always very flexible in meeting with us when we were in town, and was easy to communicate with both by phone and email. She was very knowledgable about the entire planning process - she helped us think through the various big and small details that go in to the wedding day, devise ceremony and reception timelines, and book the remaining vendors we needed. Katie ran our rehearsal, which involved coordinating the wedding party, officiant, readers, ceremony musician, and the DJ - everyone felt very comfortable when it was time for the real thing. On the wedding day itself, Katie offered a calm demeanor and kind guidance throughout the entire day; she handled the mini-crises that popped up during the day and only brought them to the attention of the bride & groom when she absolutely had to, and she kept the day progressing as scheduled. P&T did all this at a fraction of the cost that other coordinators request for the same or lower level of service. For the florals, we gave Katie a $1000 budget, an idea of what we liked, and just asked her to make something beautiful - and my goodness, did she deliver! The florals were gorgeous and really helped set the scene. She created the bride's bouquet, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 boutonnieres, and 4 corsages; constructed garland-style centerpieces for the head table and 19 guest tables on-site; and still had petals left over to decorate the aisle. We are so grateful for the incredible beauty and value that Ponderosa & Thyme provided for our wedding day, and we wholeheartedly recommend their services to couples looking to have a well-planned and gorgeous wedding experience.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Janna · Married on 07/04/2014

We are so glad we hired Katie for all our wedding flowers. I loved, loved, loved my bouquet and floral headpiece - so pretty and unique. All the arrangements looked beautiful, and everyone especially loved the boutonnieres! We really appreciate Katie's talent, creativity, and helpfulness in making our day special and beautiful.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Katie Davis was great to work with. She had great ideas and direction on the styling and floral design of our wedding. She was very flexible with our needs and willing to respond to all of my wedding questions. The texture and beauty of my wedding bouquet helped curb any nervous jitters I may have had! I would and do encourage anyone looking for wedding flowers to seek out the artistry that is Ponderosa & Thyme. Thanks!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Analia · Married on 06/30/2013

Katie Davis was a perfect choice for my wedding flowers! She is creative, professional, flexible, and able to grasp the overall vision and create something accordingly. She is truly an artist. I was fairly ignorant about flowers and bouquets to begin with, but Katie was able to see what I was after, explain what she could offer and create it perfectly. She is also fantastic with working with a bride on a budget to try and bring your desire to reality even with limited resources.

And just as her work with flowers was professional, beautiful, and flexible, so was her wedding planning. She was incredibly helpful and even willing to go above and beyond what was needed to make the day absolutely perfect. Each meeting was great with her questions, input, recommendations, creative ideas, etc. Leading up to the day I felt prepared, encouraged and inspired from our meetings and on the day itself I had complete confidence in Katie to take care of all that needed to be done. It was a perfect day because I was not worried or stressed about what might/could/did go wrong and even if things weren't perfect, the lack was not even felt. Katie is professional, caring and very intuitive to the needs of each individual with whom she works. Thankfully I don't have to plan an entire wedding ever again, but I would recommend her services to anyone interested and then I'd tag along just so I could watch her work - I love her!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Patti · Married on 06/21/2013

Katie did a awesome job with all our flowers and coordinating our daughters wedding rehersal and wedding day. It was absolutely gorgeous and we didn't have to worry about anything on wedding day, she did it all. Katie will take a personal interest in you and your day and she will make it all that you have ever dreamed of and more. It was a amazing day and because of Katie and her ladies our wedding venue was beautiful beyond what we could of ever dreamed of.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2013

Hands down, one of the best decisions I could have ever made for my wedding was hiring Katie Davis to do my flowers and coordinating, and I am beyond glad that I did. The rehearsal dinner and wedding day went so smoothly because of her direction, and the flower arrangements were unbelievable. I also followed many of her recommendations leading up to the wedding that turned out to be exactly what we needed.
    I had no idea how to put together a wedding, and I would have been totally lost without Katie's direction. The wedding turned out better than I ever dreamed because Katie was a part of it!
    If you're looking for professionalism, amazing flower arrangements, someone who will be creative with your budget and is fun and delightful to work with, Katie Davis Flowers and Events is a perfect fit!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Susan · Married on 03/22/2013

Katie will work with you and try to create the perfect flowers for your wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2013

Choosing Katie to do my flowers was a great life choice! I was SO PLEASED with her attention to the details of what I wanted while incorporating her beautiful artistry. She made perfect bouquets for me and my bridesmaids. She also did the floral arrangement on our cake- a picture of which I like to stare at daily because it turned out so lovely.

Sent on 09/17/2013

I hired Katie to do flowers, including table bouquets, for a wedding with around 100 guests. She was easy to work with and creative. I gave her a lot of artistic license, and couldn't have been happier with the results. I am not a "flower person," but I actually got goosebumps when I saw my bridal bouquet. One of the best vendors I worked with!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Kirsten · Married on 07/12/2014

Ponderosa and Thyme did a fabulous job on the flowers for my wedding!! They were even able to find peonies for me in the middle of July - which was a wonderful surprise :) Katie was so great to work with - she was so helpful! I am still getting compliments on how beautiful the flowers were! Thank you so much for all your hard work :)

Sent on 08/14/2014

Hiring Katie was one of the best decisions I made! She did the flowers and coordinating and I couldn't be happier with how both turned out. After looking through her previous work, I gave Katie creative license and adored the gorgeous bouquets she came up with. Her presence throughout the wedding day itself felt incredibly calming, and she did an excellent job making sure things went smoothly from long before the ceremony started, until my my new husband and I left the party. I felt like I was working with my big sister. Thank you for helping to make the day unforgettable!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Stacy · Married on 02/22/2013

Katie is very creative and artistic. Want to impress people with your flowers? Pick Katie!

Sent on 02/25/2013