101 Reviews for Polkbros Entertainment

Uplighting (8)
Do-Not-Play List (6)
One Event Per Day (6)
Liability Insurance (2)

I loved working with the Polk brothers for our wedding on June 16! They’re awesome :) they made it so fun! Here’s a pic of my dad rocking our father daughter swing dance!

Profile Picture Michelle , 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Highly highly recommend booking Polkbros Ent. as your Vendor! we booked them for photography and videography and they were worth every penny and then some! from the beginning, they were super accommodating and understanding to our circumstances and always responded promptly to my many many questions. that all carried over to the day of the wedding, their energy was out of this world and really complimented our bridal party and guest! everyone loved them! they really felt like part of the family! If you your reading this that means your probably thinking about book them so go ahead and send them a message, you will not regret it!

Profile Picture Rachelle, 6/16/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Used them for both of our parents parties and everything was wonderful! Nice, professional equipment. They have lighting that goes around the entire room with colors of your choice to match the decor that makes the setting look so great. Everyone is super nice. Music/Dj is great, host is great, and they took looks of pictures. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Jasmine, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Jacob was awesome and he made our day amazing I would be recommending him to any one that is looking for a DJ. Thank you guys for the great service that provided for us. If we have another event we will be using them again.

Profile Picture brittany, 5/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Oh my gosh! Jake and his team were amazing! I had my wedding back on 5/12/18, and my guests are still raving about the DJ and his music. Everyone loved Jacob's personality! Furthermore, we had an interracial wedding (jamaican and colombian), and the music was on point! He was also super accommodating and even attended my wedding rehearsal the night before! I would book Polk Bros for any event I have in the future.

Thanks, Jake!

Profile Picture Leilani, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Jake did a phenomenal job at our wedding. He took careful attention of the small requests that we had and had everyone enjoying themselves for the duration of the night. We really appreciated everything he did for us and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Adrian, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. He was very quick to respond and put all our worries at ease. He kept the party going all night and had everyone on the dance floor! He even got out there with us! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Lexxie, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

They were awesome making the party enjoyable for my husbands surprise birthday. They always do an awesome job and their equipment is top notch. I especially love all the lights.

Profile Picture Cristina, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Polkbros were amazing. I wanted a videographer last minute and they were able to do my wedding. They were kind, sweet and understanding. Not to mention I already have my video. They are amazing. I am so thankful for them and the memories they captured for us. I would def recommend them to anyone! Thank you Caleb for making our wedding a blast!

Profile Picture Amanda , 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography
1.8

Pros: I don't think that we were charged for the uplights that we added to our package 4-6 weeks prior to our event (maybe because they are disorganized and didn't update our invoice?)

Cons:
1. They played the wrong song for our first dance (this may be partially our fault, as I learned that there are two different versions of the same song by the same artist, but if they were not sure they should have asked rather than guessed). It ruined our first dance. It took us months to agree on that song and we practicing dancing for a week, all to have the wrong song played on our wedding day

2. They played the wrong cake cutting song

3. The DJ did not announce a bouquet toss and therefore it did not happen.

4. They completely forgot to play most of the songs on our "Must Play" list

5. Our venue was two-story, with cocktail hour on the first floor and the reception on the second. We discussed this with our DJ prior to the event. Yet, instead of placing a speaker downstairs, they blasted the music upstairs so that it could be semi-heard echoing downstairs. And, they did not play the music we requested for cocktail hour at all.

6. They blasted the music throughout the entire reception. It was so loud that you could not hear each other talk. We asked them to lower the volume and they barely turned it down.

7. They did not play a single slow song for the entire 4 hour reception. The poor song choices combined with the extremely loud volume did not help our guests stay and enjoy the night. Our wedding was scheduled until 10:00pm and most guests left by 8:30pm.

I am extremely disappointed. This should have been common sense on their part as professionals. It is so frustrating to spend so much time and money planning a wedding to have things like this happen. If you book Polk Bros, I would highly suggest meeting and speaking with them several times and going over specific details. Don't count on them to do so.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Brianna, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, One Event Per Day

Where to start, Jacob went above and beyond to make our wedding the best party I've ever been too! Jacob and his dad showed up early and had everything ready before everyone arrived. He was very courteous and was very polite to guests if he ever walked by anyone. The music during the ceremony was exactly what we wanted and the sound quality was top notch. When it came time for the reception his order of events was incredible. We had no idea how to run the show and we left it all up to jacob and he didn't disappoint. He kept the night flowing and his order made it so smooth. The music was incredible, even if you don't give him all the songs you want to hear, he will play the best of today and the oldies. He interacted with everyone and is great with the kids. He took requests and made everyone happy. There was not a single moment in the 4 hour reception when there wasn't at least 15 people on the dance floor. And for a good 2 hours there were atleast 50 people dancing out of 70. He even managed to get both my grandmothers on the dance floor and they are both 80+ years old with oxygen tanks. They haven't danced in years! He is incredible and everyone was complementing us on our choice of DJ, asking where I found this guy. He turned our high expectations into a reality and made the whole wedding. This is the review I would have wanted when looking for DJ's so I want everyone to know how incredible jacob really is. He was referred to us by 3 different friends and 2 different wedding coordinators. If I could give him 10 stars I would. Thanks so much jacob we couldn't of been happier, we love you like family! Thank you for making our special day complete.

Profile Picture Brandon, 12/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Thanks for using your music selection to help create more memories for our Company Christmas Party !!

Profile Picture David , 12/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

LOVED the Polkbros! The Polkbros were very easy to work with and kept the crowd smiling and up on there feet! Very nice guys and they were very interested in our Indian culture. Definitely would recommend!

Profile Picture Ami, 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Polk Bros made our wedding day such an easy process. They were on stop of everything without being in the way. The video came out absolutely amazing! Caleb has such an amazing eye, I would highly recommend them for video.

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Let me just start off by saying wow!! We had polkbros do the music for our ceremony and our reception and it was so amazing from start to finish. I even made a change about an hour before the ceremony for our exit song and jake had no issues with it at all. He got all of our family up dancing and even my husband and I (who are not the best dancers lol) he played games with our guests so that we never had a dull moment at our reception. I will definitely recommend Polk bros to everyone who needs a dj for any event. You guys are amazing and made our wedding so special!!! Also so glad that Jake got to be a part of our sparkler exit :)

Profile Picture amethyst, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

PolkBros is the BEST!!!! We hired them for our wedding videography and photo booth. They are SO incredibly talented and SO MUCH FUN. I legit felt like we were all friends, that’s how easy they were to get along with. They had so much energy and always had a smile on their face throughout the entire day. I was blown away by our preview video and our wedding guests are LOVING it. The photo booth was also a huge hit and the photos turned out amazing. I also love the fact that PolkBros is a family business!! You will not be disappointed if you book these guys!! I love everything about them!

Profile Picture Wes, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Videography

Overall Polk Brothers did outstanding work for our wedding. My wife and I loved their attitude, professionalism, quality of work, and very well priced!

Profile Picture Alex, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

All my guests were wowed by the lighting and I really liked that Jake played songs that people could actually dance to. I've been to some weddings where the songs were great but they were more for singing. I love the variety of generations of songs which is what I wanted because of the type of crowd I had. Every person no matter what age got on the dance floor. My husband and I were extremely please and will recommend Jake to future parties and weddings :) Thank you, Jake!!!

Profile Picture Kasye, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Polkbros entertainment is incredible! DJ Jake had our dance floor packed the whole night, he even taught our guest some group dances! With the song choices, lighting and reception events we felt that we were truly able to customize our special day. We also hired PolkBros entertainment for the photo booth which our guest of all ages loved! We would highly recommend Polkbros entertainment!

Profile Picture Kaitlin , 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

I immediately wanted to have DJ Jacob from Polkbros DJ my wedding when I witnessed his work at my best friend's wedding. I remember telling my then fiance, "We gotta have him DJ our wedding. " Sure enough as soon as we solidified a date and venue, I contacted Polkbros and booked DJ Jacob for our wedding DJ, and Calub for our videographer. Working with Polkbros was a dream. They were responsive, accommodating, and provided an all around great service!

On the day of the wedding, DJ Jacob and Caleb went above and beyond to make our day the best day ever. It felt like Jacob was a guest at our wedding. He was interactive and kept the parting going with his energy. I love the fact that he actually got on the dance floor and taught our guests (including myself) the line dances. It really bought everyone to the dance floor. We served a buffet style dinner and for the serving order, Jacob played a bride and groom trivia game with our guests. All of our guests loved It!

Caleb was amazing as well. I am not used to being in the spotlight, but Caleb was so relaxed and easy going that I often times forgot I was being filmed. Every time I saw Caleb, he was hard at work capturing every precious memory. We can't wait to see what creative magic Calub does with our wedding video. If you're looking for a great DJ and videographer, then I highly recommend Polkbros for your wedding!! They will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Thuyanh, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

Polkbros was excellent to work with on our wedding day. The quality and style of ours videos surpassed our expectations. Living in Minnesota and planning a wedding in Florida isn't the easiest thing. Hiring a videographer without meeting them is risky but Polkbros nailed it. We would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Profile Picture Andrew, 9/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

We used Polbros Entertainment for their DJ and Videography Services. The DJ was great we were dancing all night long. The uplighting was great and added a nice touch at the reception. The Videographers were awesome we had Martel and Carlos. They were very detail oriented capturing all the big moments on our special day. We can't wait to see our wedding video!

Profile Picture Paige, 9/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

My husband and I both agree that Jacob was the best DJ we’ve ever seen at a wedding! Super accommodating, interactive with the guests, played the best songs, amazing lighting, and best of all, his prices were a no brainer! Highly recommend Polkbros services!

Profile Picture Kayla, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

I am so glad we chose Polkbros for our wedding! We had them as our DJ/Videographers and they did an incredible job! Jacob was always so willing to answer all of my questions and made sure to calm my nerves before the wedding. He did an amazing job with the uplighting and was a fantastic DJ! We had a blend of very conservative/religious guests and others that were quite liberal, and Jacob picked just the right kind of music! He was also great with the crowd and kept everything right on track. Caleb and Adriana were phenomenal videographers and my husband and I are so glad we hired them! Having pictures is one thing, but having video footage of that momentous day is priceless. They not only went the extra mile to make sure they captured the shots we requested, but they also captured details we never would've thought of. Jacob, Caleb, and Adriana were all so friendly, and excellent at communicating with all the family and wedding party. So if you're still deciding, I encourage you to support small, family owned businesses and book with Polkbros! I promise you'll be so thankful that you did :)

Profile Picture Gabriella, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews