38 Reviews for Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center

Stations (2)
Specialty Wine (2)
Specialty Beer (1)
37 Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center Reviews

As soon as we arrived, Jessie and Kariann made our entire wedding weekend seamless! We loved every single aspect of having our wedding at Point Lookout and so did all of our guests! We would not have changed a thing - everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Meredith, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Scenic Views, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

This place is amazing to work with. Cannot recommend them highly enough! Jessie and Kariann took care of everything we needed. The piece of mind that comes with knowing that everything will go smoothly because you're working with professionals is priceless. Everything we needed help with they were willing and able to help in every way. If we needed anything they made it happen. The views and the cabins brought us to this place, but the people at Point Lookout we partnered with were what made our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After considerable (exhaustive at times) location research, we knew Point Lookout was THE place/perfect for our wedding after seeing it for the first time in September 2016. From our initial meeting then to our August 2017 wedding weekend--and now a little over a month later--we could not be happier with our decision to go with Point Lookout. Its location on a mountain right on Maine's mid-coast in Northport (between Camden and Belfast), approximately 2.5 hours north of Portland was the ideal location for our planned wedding weekend of 120 people (ended up with about 90 people present). What made this gorgeous location even more superb was PL's wedding team comprised of Jessie and Kari. These ladies are top notch, true professionals. You know that feeling when you meet someone and everything just clicks? This is what happened when we met them. They are knowledgeable, responsive, courteous, warm, welcoming, thorough, detail-oriented, and unequivocally the best! This extends to the rest of the staff at PL, too. Everyone is so great, we are still luminous 6 weeks later!

Profile Picture Mastin, 8/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

Getting married at Point Lookout was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. You can’t beat the view and there are so many event space options. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all held at the Summit, with the ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Luckily it didn’t rain, but if it had even the inside room for the ceremony would have been great. We also had a welcome BBQ at the Pavilion and the after party at the bowling alley on site. It is such a unique venue and having the after party at the bowling alley was so fun! The fact that all our guests were able to stay onsite in the cabins with a shuttle to transport them from event to event was amazing. It made the whole weekend a vacation for everybody.

Another thing that sets Point Lookout apart from other venues is the wedding coordinator, Jessie! She was amazing!! She was so helpful when we were trying to decide on event spaces and food and décor options. She responded quickly to emails and answered any questions we had. After we booked all our vendors we sent her the list and she coordinated with them to make sure they knew when and where to show up/set up before the wedding. She was at each of our events making sure things ran smoothly and according to the tentative timeline we had worked on together. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about Jessie. We loved working with her!

Point Lookout is definitely worth the money. The whole weekend went exactly according to plan and that is due to the professionalism and perfection of the Point Lookout staff. Everyone we interacted with, from the servers to the landscapers, was so nice and accommodating. They truly make you feel like your wedding is the most important one of the year. And like I said before, you can’t beat the view

Profile Picture Anna, 5/20/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. The staff took care of everything and were incredibly friendly. The food was delicious, the cabins are so cozy, and you can't beat the view from The Summit.

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I were married at the point lookout summit last December and I can't say enough about the facilities, coordinators, or our day overall! Lisa and Jessie were with us every step of the way with organizing, planning, and answering all of our questions from when we booked in January to our day in December.
Both our ceremony and reception were held at the summit and it was AMAZING. The day (and the views) was gorgeous, the decorating was stunning, and the entire staff ensured our day was flawless. We didn't have a single issue and every idea I had was completed by Jessie and Lisa.
Almost all of our wedding guests and party stayed in the on-site cabin, making the entire weekend a breeze.
We also rented the bowling alley for our afterparty and it was perfect! All of our guests loved it!
I would recommend Point Lookout to anyone!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 12/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married in November and it was our dream come true. We visit Point Lookout at least once a year as a family and it holds a special place in our hearts...the cabins and the view are priceless. So my now husband chose a weekend away at Point Lookout as his opportunity to propose. It only seemed fitting to get married there! We got married on the summit and had out reception there as well. Lisa and Jessie are the wedding coordinators and they are amazing! They were constantly answering my millions of questions and helped keep me on a track the whole way. It couldn't have gone any smoother. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. I can't say enough great things about my experience with them. I highly recommend them as a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Carrie, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

By far the best wedding venue I have ever seen!! We had our wedding here and every aspect was outstanding. The views are probably the most amazing views I've ever seen, the staff is super easy to work with and made everything very easy with no stress, the cabins for guests are amazing, and the food was outstanding! All my guests are still raving about the venue and can't wait to book vacations to the cabins in the future. Any bride who books point lookout as their venue will not be disappointed, we looked at many venues and nothing even came close to touching the beauty and fun that point lookout had to offer. Lots of onsite activities for guests as well. On top of all of that, we had a shuttle from the summit to the bowling alley after the reception. The bowling alley is beautiful and so so fun! Pizza and drinks to wind down after a night full of dancing. Couldn't have asked for more, the staff is unlike any other.

Profile Picture Ella, 7/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely loved the venue- the ceremony/reception site (we used The Summit) was amazingly beautiful, and the cabins are cozy and just what we were looking for. Our guests LOVED the cabins and the wedding site. Our wedding coordinators were awesome, and made a beautiful weekend for us!

Profile Picture Angie, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married at the Summit at Point Lookout at the end of June and I cannot recommend this venue highly enough! Lisa and Jessie were a DREAM to work with! We booked the venue two years in advance and were located ~4 hours away, so they had to deal with my emails for an extended period of time. They were always incredibly responsive, kind and helpful when it came to the many questions that me and my parents had. They were willing to work with me and my husband to make our day exactly what we had always dreamed it would be. The planning process was easy and stress free thanks to these wonderful ladies! On the day of, they make you feel as if your wedding is the only one that matters. They work with you beforehand to make sure your day is perfect so you have nothing to worry about and truly bring your vision to life.

This is all separate from the actual venue, which is absolutely breath taking. My husband and I wanted a place to get married that would be unforgettable. I compiled a spreadsheet of options and we visited Point Lookout first. The moment we stepped foot on the summit with Lisa we knew that we would be married here and stopped our search. All of our guests have raved about the entire weekend, the rehearsal dinner, the welcome party, the cabins, the venue, the food and the after party. We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to work with. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we had literally nothing go wrong. This venue was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Point lookout is the most dreamy place to get married and the process (which I've heard can be difficult), was amazing. You will not regret starting the rest of your life here.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Shuttle, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated

I can’t say enough great things about Point Lookout! A friend referred this venue to me and as soon as I saw it there was nothing else that could compare. Having everyone stay on site was one of the most important things for us and the cabins just made the experience extra special for our guests. Lisa and Jessie were absolutely AMAZING! From day one to after the wedding, they were both so accommodating and so responsive. They made everything so easy and fun for us! Everything from the service to the food, to the venue to the cabins was excellent! They truly know how to make your wedding the most incredible experience!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Chairs, Dance Floor

My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding weekend at Point Lookout!!! Our guests loved staying in the cabins available onsite (great prices and absolutely beautiful setting), enjoyed the amenities of Point Lookout and local surrounding area (e.g. hiking trails, lake and beach, downtown Camden, schooner tours, etc.), and admired the unbeatable view of Penobscot Bay during the ceremony and cocktail hour (up at The Summit). All of the guests stayed throughout the weekend, so we hosted a welcome barbecue dinner at The Pavilion the night prior to the wedding, organized by Point Lookout staff as well. On the wedding day, both Lisa and Jessie (the onsite wedding coordinators) were incredible and surpassed all expectations. They worked with our vendors to help set up equipment and stay on schedule, they were communicative with us and our bridal party to ensure we had everything we needed, and worked with their staff to set up all the decorations and orchestrate the catering (all the food was delicious!!!). Lisa in particular did an incredible job of displaying our decorations at the ceremony site, in the foyer, and in the reception room - I could not have hoped for it to all come together so beautifully!!! After the reception, shuttles took our guests down to the onsite bowling alley and we continued the party there with pizza and a bar - a fun end to the night! Our guests raved about the location (you cannot beat the view from The Summit) and the vibe of the entire weekend. We were beyond thrilled as well and wish we could do it all over again!!!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation

Point Lookout is the PERFECT destination wedding venue. Beautiful location, stunning views, elegant and Mainesy buildings. Cabins are campy and comfy. The Summit is the most spectacular site for a ceremony. The Pavilion was just beautiful and gave our 150 guests and big band lots of room to enjoy themselves. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. Service was great. Wedding coordinators were extremely professional and helpful. Never made me feel like a crazy MOB! They orchestrated the entire weekend which allowed me to be an honored guest. And our guests could not have been more complimentary. Everyone felt well cared for. It was the wedding my daughter has always dreamed of. Worth every penny.

Profile Picture User5610069, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Shuttle, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake

I have the pleasure of planning my wedding at Point Lookout on May 30, 2015. Lisa and Jessica were an absolute dream. I planned my wedding 1000 miles away and they made everything so easy on me, and were even so helpful with providing suggestions for everything they offer at Point Lookout and even outside vendors. They were also very flexible with some unexpected last minute changes and were so calm and collected the entire day which fit right in to our personalities! :) I had to put a lot of things together the day of since we traveled from Ohio, and Lisa jumped right in and helped so I could enjoy the day getting ready. The food and drinks were absolutely fantastic and I got so many compliments from my wedding guests on how beautiful the views were at outdoor ceremony and the reception at the Summit. Compared to other venues we looked at it was so affordable for what you receive (beautiful chairs, tables, linens, place settings, wedding coordinators, the works)! I can't say enough about how great and relaxing our wedding day was and I strongly believe it would have been a different story had we chosen another venue.

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/30/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Linens, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Uncovered Outdoor, Shuttle, Accommodations

Point Lookout was an amazingly beautiful wedding venue and the staff were phenomenal. We were reluctant when we left boxes of decorations for our reception theme with sticky notes dictating where we would like them placed. Jessie exceeded all of our expectations in decorating our wedding venue! Things could not have been placed better if I had done it myself. She relieved a lot of stress the day of our wedding by having everything organized for us. She made sure all of our needs were met, from bringing us champagne while getting dressed, bustling my wedding dress, to bringing us snacks and beverages while we were having our pictures taken after the ceremony. Many of our guests said our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had attended, and Jessie was essential in pulling it all together!

Profile Picture Brogan, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very professional staff....ready to meet all needs. Cheerful attitude an extra plus....especially for wedding where emotions can run high.

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Lisa and the crew at Point Lookout were amazing. Our wedding was like a fairy tail. The spectacular view, the delicious food, the exquisite setting and impeccable service made it a day we will never forget. We also rented the bowling alley which was a huge hit with our friends and family. Point lookout is the perfect venue for a true Maine wedding.

Profile Picture Willa, 5/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was great about planning a wedding here. Lisa made the process very easy, from coordinating cabins and transportation to recommending vendors, everything was smooth and stress free from the initial planning to the day of.

Profile Picture User4625528, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Planning

We loved our Daughter's venue for her wedding. The wedding coordinator's name was Lisa and she was fantastic. The setting is amazing with a view of the bay. We had the ceremony at the summit and the reception at the erickson building. Every guest I spoke with told us it was the best wedding that they had attended in quite some time. They asked how we found the venue. Luckily a friend told me about it!!!!!

Profile Picture User2765336, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Point Lookout was amazing! The Summit was spectacular for the ceremony and reception. The wedding coordinators, Jessica and Keri, were a joy to work with. They helped us figure out ways to stay within our budget and were responsive to our every need. We loved staying in cabins and having all our guests on site. Everyone got to enjoy Maine in their own way, have their own space, but all see each other a ton during the weekend. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy we selected Point Lookout for our wedding. It's the most beautiful wedding location in Maine, and so accommodating -- saving us a great deal of stress in the planning process, and moreover, the day of!
Since most of our family and friends had to travel to Maine, it was wonderful to have everyone stay at the cabins with us for several days. We also rented the bowling alley for the after party, and it was great to have late night entertainment and safe transportation figured out.
We only had to figure out our cake, flowers, and DJ; the rest was handled by Point Lookout, and they coordinated with our vendors and handled everything else. Between the beautiful mountaintop views and sophisticated venue stylings, we didn't have to worry about decorating at all.
The venue and services/packages are not cheap, but we elected to have our wedding on a Sunday before "high" season in order to take advantage of discounts. We appreciated having nearly all of our costs figured out a year in advance and spread across 3 installments, instead of taking our chances on surprise costs down the road.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 6/26/16, 2 Reviews

Beautiful venue! Willing to work with our budget and still give us quality. The wedding coordinator is amazing to work with!

Profile Picture User3917557, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely incredible! Our day was everything we've ever dreamt of and more! Point Lookout is beyond beautiful and one of the most incredible places I've ever stayed. My husband and I are so happy that we chose Point Lookout as the venue for our big day! The staff was great and Lisa and Jess were absolutely wonderful!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the most amazing day I could have dreamed of. They knew all of the ins and outs of wedding planning and were so helpful in the planning process. Every detail was attended to and thought of for our big day. They were always available to chat and go over any concerns we may have had leading up to it. They are more than willing to meet with you and discuss details. On the big day they check on you and make sure that everything is alright. I am still re-living every magical moment from our big day, and you won't be disappointed if you decide to have any event here as well.

Profile Picture Hali, 8/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Shuttle, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine, Linens