Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center Reviews

45 | Lincolnville, ME

45 Reviews for Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center

45 Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center Reviews

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

Point Lookout was a dream!

My Husband and I had a great experience having our wedding in Northport Maine. We live about 3 hours south and made the trip up to Northport 4 times during our wedding planning. Every time our ride was easy and peaceful. When we arrived in Northport we felt relaxed and calm. Our guests raved about the location and accommodations. Everyone was relaxed- it felt like a family retreat! We had a buffet, and our guests really liked the serving- style- the food was warm and delicious. Jessica and Ashley orchestrated the event to flow effortlessly. We really had the best experience working with Jessica- she is easy going and thoughtful. She answered our questions timely via phone or email. She has tons of experience and it shows. Very professional and personable! Highly recommend Point Lookout - if you are looking for a venue with a beautiful view and a team in place to make sure you can relax and enjoy your wedding weekend- Point Lookout is the place!

Mary Donovan · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful and Extremely Easy Venue for a Wedding

Highly recommend this venue as beautiful, easy to work with, wonderful food, active-lifestyle, fun and outdoorsy. Jessica was full of ideas, flexible and so helpful. If you can afford the base prices, there were few surprises and plenty of suggestions on how to stay within budget.

• Kira

Kira · Married on 09/23/2018

Ocean meets mountain dream wedding

A dream come true. We chose Point Lookout Resort so that our wedding could be a "weekend event" and maybe not go by so quickly :). All of our family stayed on site! From start to finish the planning process with Jessica (the main wedding coordinator) was efficient, helpful, and a breeze. From the get go we had a spreadsheet with each possible option for menu/shuttles/lodging etc allowing for easy budgeting and planning (even included tax/gratuity so no hidden surprises like other venues) She was always available to answer my MANY questions and offer suggestions. The tasting in April was super helpful- allowed us to pick the proper linens, food, and even our cake vendor!! On the night before our wedding we held a "welcome" bowling/beers event at their private bowling alley - allowing our guests an easy on site area for everyone to congregate ( we had a blast!!). Our wedding day was worry free. Jessica and Ashley were SO incredibly organized and lovely, ensuring every decoration was set up just as I dreamed. All of our vendors worked well with Jessica directly, limiting my stress while getting beautified :) The "getting ready" rooms are gorgeous and spacious. The staff ensured a good flow for arriving guests so no one saw me before the ceremony. Every guest was stunned by the view ( we lucked out with a perfectly sunny day ) and were thrilled with the food and bar service. Our after party was at the private bowling alley as well which was a nice touch, offering pizza and continued bar :) I cannot rave enough about the team at Point Lookout Resort. If you are looking for a Maine ocean-meets-mountain feel that is going to ensure your wedding day is stress free this venue is for you :)

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 1
    Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 2
    Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 3

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I celebrated our July 2018 wedding at the amazing Point Lookout Resort. From the moments our guests arrived for our Friday night meet and greet they could not stop gushing over the beauty of the location and attentiveness of the staff. Our wedding day was met with just as many if not more compliments for the staff, delicious food and after party bowling. Throughout the planning we worked with the amazing Jessica Riley she helped to ensured that everything was taken care of before and on the day; from the setup of the ceremony and reception spaces to the coordination of vendors. Everything was timed and executed perfectly to what we had envisioned for our special day. We would highly recommend Point Lookout Resort for any wedding. The natural beauty of the grounds, the kind, and attentive staff and the comfort your guests will experience in the beautiful cabins, all help to create a memorable, fun and relaxing wedding experience.

Stacie · Married on 06/16/2018

Point Lookout was the first and only venue we looked at when we were searching for our venue. The view is just spectacular, unlike any other we saw in Maine. My husband and I loved the idea of a somewhat destination venue (we reside in NH) with onsite beautifully maintained cabins for guests to stay in. Family and friends raved about the accommodations and the wedding day remains the talk of the family, especially the view.

Jessie was such a huge help in planning, she recommended amazing vendors that were also nothing short of amazing. Jessie was quick to respond to emails, professional and kind.

The wedding day went perfectly. We had a larger guest count 175, so we were unable to hold the reception at the summit. But we did have our ceremony and cocktail hour at the summit and it was perfect. We held our reception at the pavilion at hedges hall and there was plenty of room for dancing, along with horse shoes and other lawn activities outside the pavilion.

Price wise it was on the high end, but you don't have to worry about a thing, rentals, break down, setting up, catering, flatware, dishes etc. It is all included in the venue fee. I wish I could relive the day all over!

Meredith · Married on 11/11/2017

As soon as we arrived, Jessie and Kariann made our entire wedding weekend seamless! We loved every single aspect of having our wedding at Point Lookout and so did all of our guests! We would not have changed a thing - everything was perfect!

Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 4
    Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 5
    Point Lookout Resort and Conference Center 6

Heather · Married on 09/03/2017

This place is amazing to work with. Cannot recommend them highly enough! Jessie and Kariann took care of everything we needed. The piece of mind that comes with knowing that everything will go smoothly because you're working with professionals is priceless. Everything we needed help with they were willing and able to help in every way. If we needed anything they made it happen. The views and the cabins brought us to this place, but the people at Point Lookout we partnered with were what made our wedding so special!

Melissa · Married on 08/22/2017

Point Lookout was amazing! The Summit was spectacular for the ceremony and reception. The wedding coordinators, Jessica and Keri, were a joy to work with. They helped us figure out ways to stay within our budget and were responsive to our every need. We loved staying in cabins and having all our guests on site. Everyone got to enjoy Maine in their own way, have their own space, but all see each other a ton during the weekend. Highly recommend.

Mastin · Married on 08/13/2017

After considerable (exhaustive at times) location research, we knew Point Lookout was THE place/perfect for our wedding after seeing it for the first time in September 2016. From our initial meeting then to our August 2017 wedding weekend--and now a little over a month later--we could not be happier with our decision to go with Point Lookout. Its location on a mountain right on Maine's mid-coast in Northport (between Camden and Belfast), approximately 2.5 hours north of Portland was the ideal location for our planned wedding weekend of 120 people (ended up with about 90 people present). What made this gorgeous location even more superb was PL's wedding team comprised of Jessie and Kari. These ladies are top notch, true professionals. You know that feeling when you meet someone and everything just clicks? This is what happened when we met them. They are knowledgeable, responsive, courteous, warm, welcoming, thorough, detail-oriented, and unequivocally the best! This extends to the rest of the staff at PL, too. Everyone is so great, we are still luminous 6 weeks later!

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

Getting married at Point Lookout was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. You can’t beat the view and there are so many event space options. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all held at the Summit, with the ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Luckily it didn’t rain, but if it had even the inside room for the ceremony would have been great. We also had a welcome BBQ at the Pavilion and the after party at the bowling alley on site. It is such a unique venue and having the after party at the bowling alley was so fun! The fact that all our guests were able to stay onsite in the cabins with a shuttle to transport them from event to event was amazing. It made the whole weekend a vacation for everybody.

Another thing that sets Point Lookout apart from other venues is the wedding coordinator, Jessie! She was amazing!! She was so helpful when we were trying to decide on event spaces and food and décor options. She responded quickly to emails and answered any questions we had. After we booked all our vendors we sent her the list and she coordinated with them to make sure they knew when and where to show up/set up before the wedding. She was at each of our events making sure things ran smoothly and according to the tentative timeline we had worked on together. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about Jessie. We loved working with her!

Point Lookout is definitely worth the money. The whole weekend went exactly according to plan and that is due to the professionalism and perfection of the Point Lookout staff. Everyone we interacted with, from the servers to the landscapers, was so nice and accommodating. They truly make you feel like your wedding is the most important one of the year. And like I said before, you can’t beat the view

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2017

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. The staff took care of everything and were incredibly friendly. The food was delicious, the cabins are so cozy, and you can't beat the view from The Summit.

Kathleen · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I were married at the point lookout summit last December and I can't say enough about the facilities, coordinators, or our day overall! Lisa and Jessie were with us every step of the way with organizing, planning, and answering all of our questions from when we booked in January to our day in December.
    Both our ceremony and reception were held at the summit and it was AMAZING. The day (and the views) was gorgeous, the decorating was stunning, and the entire staff ensured our day was flawless. We didn't have a single issue and every idea I had was completed by Jessie and Lisa.
    Almost all of our wedding guests and party stayed in the on-site cabin, making the entire weekend a breeze.
    We also rented the bowling alley for our afterparty and it was perfect! All of our guests loved it!
    I would recommend Point Lookout to anyone!

Carrie · Married on 11/12/2016

We got married in November and it was our dream come true. We visit Point Lookout at least once a year as a family and it holds a special place in our hearts...the cabins and the view are priceless. So my now husband chose a weekend away at Point Lookout as his opportunity to propose. It only seemed fitting to get married there! We got married on the summit and had out reception there as well. Lisa and Jessie are the wedding coordinators and they are amazing! They were constantly answering my millions of questions and helped keep me on a track the whole way. It couldn't have gone any smoother. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. I can't say enough great things about my experience with them. I highly recommend them as a wedding venue!

Ella · Married on 07/22/2016

By far the best wedding venue I have ever seen!! We had our wedding here and every aspect was outstanding. The views are probably the most amazing views I've ever seen, the staff is super easy to work with and made everything very easy with no stress, the cabins for guests are amazing, and the food was outstanding! All my guests are still raving about the venue and can't wait to book vacations to the cabins in the future. Any bride who books point lookout as their venue will not be disappointed, we looked at many venues and nothing even came close to touching the beauty and fun that point lookout had to offer. Lots of onsite activities for guests as well. On top of all of that, we had a shuttle from the summit to the bowling alley after the reception. The bowling alley is beautiful and so so fun! Pizza and drinks to wind down after a night full of dancing. Couldn't have asked for more, the staff is unlike any other.

Angie · Married on 07/09/2016

Absolutely loved the venue- the ceremony/reception site (we used The Summit) was amazingly beautiful, and the cabins are cozy and just what we were looking for. Our guests LOVED the cabins and the wedding site. Our wedding coordinators were awesome, and made a beautiful weekend for us!

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

We were married at the Summit at Point Lookout at the end of June and I cannot recommend this venue highly enough! Lisa and Jessie were a DREAM to work with! We booked the venue two years in advance and were located ~4 hours away, so they had to deal with my emails for an extended period of time. They were always incredibly responsive, kind and helpful when it came to the many questions that me and my parents had. They were willing to work with me and my husband to make our day exactly what we had always dreamed it would be. The planning process was easy and stress free thanks to these wonderful ladies! On the day of, they make you feel as if your wedding is the only one that matters. They work with you beforehand to make sure your day is perfect so you have nothing to worry about and truly bring your vision to life.

This is all separate from the actual venue, which is absolutely breath taking. My husband and I wanted a place to get married that would be unforgettable. I compiled a spreadsheet of options and we visited Point Lookout first. The moment we stepped foot on the summit with Lisa we knew that we would be married here and stopped our search. All of our guests have raved about the entire weekend, the rehearsal dinner, the welcome party, the cabins, the venue, the food and the after party. We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to work with. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we had literally nothing go wrong. This venue was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Point lookout is the most dreamy place to get married and the process (which I've heard can be difficult), was amazing. You will not regret starting the rest of your life here.

Caitlin · Married on 11/07/2015

I can’t say enough great things about Point Lookout! A friend referred this venue to me and as soon as I saw it there was nothing else that could compare. Having everyone stay on site was one of the most important things for us and the cabins just made the experience extra special for our guests. Lisa and Jessie were absolutely AMAZING! From day one to after the wedding, they were both so accommodating and so responsive. They made everything so easy and fun for us! Everything from the service to the food, to the venue to the cabins was excellent! They truly know how to make your wedding the most incredible experience!

Alyssa · Married on 09/20/2015

My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding weekend at Point Lookout!!! Our guests loved staying in the cabins available onsite (great prices and absolutely beautiful setting), enjoyed the amenities of Point Lookout and local surrounding area (e.g. hiking trails, lake and beach, downtown Camden, schooner tours, etc.), and admired the unbeatable view of Penobscot Bay during the ceremony and cocktail hour (up at The Summit). All of the guests stayed throughout the weekend, so we hosted a welcome barbecue dinner at The Pavilion the night prior to the wedding, organized by Point Lookout staff as well. On the wedding day, both Lisa and Jessie (the onsite wedding coordinators) were incredible and surpassed all expectations. They worked with our vendors to help set up equipment and stay on schedule, they were communicative with us and our bridal party to ensure we had everything we needed, and worked with their staff to set up all the decorations and orchestrate the catering (all the food was delicious!!!). Lisa in particular did an incredible job of displaying our decorations at the ceremony site, in the foyer, and in the reception room - I could not have hoped for it to all come together so beautifully!!! After the reception, shuttles took our guests down to the onsite bowling alley and we continued the party there with pizza and a bar - a fun end to the night! Our guests raved about the location (you cannot beat the view from The Summit) and the vibe of the entire weekend. We were beyond thrilled as well and wish we could do it all over again!!!

Point Lookout is the PERFECT destination wedding venue. Beautiful location, stunning views, elegant and Mainesy buildings. Cabins are campy and comfy. The Summit is the most spectacular site for a ceremony. The Pavilion was just beautiful and gave our 150 guests and big band lots of room to enjoy themselves. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. Service was great. Wedding coordinators were extremely professional and helpful. Never made me feel like a crazy MOB! They orchestrated the entire weekend which allowed me to be an honored guest. And our guests could not have been more complimentary. Everyone felt well cared for. It was the wedding my daughter has always dreamed of. Worth every penny.

I have the pleasure of planning my wedding at Point Lookout on May 30, 2015. Lisa and Jessica were an absolute dream. I planned my wedding 1000 miles away and they made everything so easy on me, and were even so helpful with providing suggestions for everything they offer at Point Lookout and even outside vendors. They were also very flexible with some unexpected last minute changes and were so calm and collected the entire day which fit right in to our personalities! :) I had to put a lot of things together the day of since we traveled from Ohio, and Lisa jumped right in and helped so I could enjoy the day getting ready. The food and drinks were absolutely fantastic and I got so many compliments from my wedding guests on how beautiful the views were at outdoor ceremony and the reception at the Summit. Compared to other venues we looked at it was so affordable for what you receive (beautiful chairs, tables, linens, place settings, wedding coordinators, the works)! I can't say enough about how great and relaxing our wedding day was and I strongly believe it would have been a different story had we chosen another venue.

Brogan · Married on 10/25/2014

Point Lookout was an amazingly beautiful wedding venue and the staff were phenomenal. We were reluctant when we left boxes of decorations for our reception theme with sticky notes dictating where we would like them placed. Jessie exceeded all of our expectations in decorating our wedding venue! Things could not have been placed better if I had done it myself. She relieved a lot of stress the day of our wedding by having everything organized for us. She made sure all of our needs were met, from bringing us champagne while getting dressed, bustling my wedding dress, to bringing us snacks and beverages while we were having our pictures taken after the ceremony. Many of our guests said our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had attended, and Jessie was essential in pulling it all together!

Catherine · Married on 09/20/2014

Very professional staff....ready to meet all needs. Cheerful attitude an extra plus....especially for wedding where emotions can run high.

• W

Willa · Married on 05/18/2014

Lisa and the crew at Point Lookout were amazing. Our wedding was like a fairy tail. The spectacular view, the delicious food, the exquisite setting and impeccable service made it a day we will never forget. We also rented the bowling alley which was a huge hit with our friends and family. Point lookout is the perfect venue for a true Maine wedding.

Everything was great about planning a wedding here. Lisa made the process very easy, from coordinating cabins and transportation to recommending vendors, everything was smooth and stress free from the initial planning to the day of.