Point Lookout Resort Reviews

Point Lookout Resort 5
Point Lookout Resort 6

Emma · Married on 04/27/2019

An absolute dream!

It was a dream to work with Jess Riley at Point Lookout. The venue is breathtaking, and the staff top notch. My husband and I are heartbroken to hear that the venue will be closing at the end of the year. We were looking forward to many future visits!

We toured the venue roughly a year before our wedding date, on a cloudy, foggy day. The venue was still stunning. If you know anything about April in Maine, you know the value of a venue that has both indoor and outdoor options. Point Lookout has the stunning lawn if the stars align and the weather is perfect, and several indoor rooms that can serve as a backup all on site. I loved that the backup wouldn’t have guests seated at the reception tables – there was a separate space that would be all prepared if needed.

Throughout my year of planning, Jess and her staff patiently answered my million questions. She reviewed potential day-of timelines countless times, worked with me to open a second room for quieter, comfortable conversation during the reception, and seamlessly coordinated with my other vendors. Jess worked with me to ensure the room block was set up correctly and kept me updated on how full it was. She made meal recommendations that my guests are still raving about. She worked with us to provide a space to finish packing our welcome baskets the day before our wedding, and had the front desk staff hand them out as our guests were arriving. The guests who arrived a day or two early were informed of the baskets by the staff. It made my life so much easier to be able to assemble them on site!

We also asked about an accessible van for one of our handicap guests since we requested transportation around the mountain. Jess made sure our guest was taken care of well beyond our wildest dreams – he was so appreciative, and it really was due to Jess’s attention to detail.

On the day of our wedding, she kept everything running smoothly. I didn’t even know when the cake was delivered – it was just there! Everything ran so efficiently that we were 30 minutes ahead of schedule by the time the ceremony began (of course we waited for the guests before beginning). Even though we had rain almost all day long, the space was still stunning. Jess let me know by what time I needed to make the final call on inside vs. outside and made sure I would be happy with the decision.

The Point Lookout staff was absolutely top notch – everything ran like clockwork, they worked with my DJ to make sure the audiovisual equipment was fully functioning, and the room set ups were everything I dreamed. The catering staff made sure everything was taken care of for my husband and I (including making sure we could eat!). Honestly, one of the most upsetting aspects of the Point Lookout closure will be that such a well-functioning, high quality staffing team will be very difficult to find for future events. Booking the venue would have been worth it due to the quality staffing alone, not just the views. This made the overall venue an amazing deal you couldn’t find elsewhere (and I looked)!

The next day, our breakfast had to be relocated due to the cold weather (we were informed a day or two before our wedding and could inform our guests). We were exceptionally fortunate to use the Summit facility. The day started bright and gorgeous so our guests could see the beautiful Penobscot Bay.

For couples fortunate enough to have a wedding before the venue closes, I highly recommend doing as my husband and I did: spend an extra evening after your wedding at Point Lookout and enjoy a hike or two in the area. It was wonderful to enjoy the scenery while we relived our wedding together.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Ally Burditt · Married on 02/16/2019

Point lookout

We could not have asked for a better venue. Point lookout is amazing. Jess and the entire staff were amazing. Making everything a breeze we did not have to worry about anything!! The food for rehearsal dinner and reception were delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. We loved that we were able to make a weekend out of it instead of just one day! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 01/19/2019

The Most Incredible Wedding Weekend

We just had our wedding at Point Lookout this past weekend. What an incredible experience!

The property and facilities are top-notch. From the log cabin style accommodations, to the elegant lodge-like reception venues. Even the bowling alley, which we utilized for a Welcome Party is very well done. The entire 400+ acre property provides a cozy, woodsy vibe and the views from The Summit are absolutely breathtaking.

Our wedding planner, Jessica Riley, was also top-notch. She was extremely courteous, responsive and supportive throughout the entire process—from the early stages of wedding planning through day-of execution. She's a rock star. Jess will take care of absolutely everything on the day of your wedding. She was very patient with my plethora of questions throughout the planning process and I feel very fortunate to have worked with someone like Jess.

We didn't have the opportunity to try the food before the wedding and it was absolutely delicious! We've received so many comments from our guests about all the dishes and portion sizes. They also provide a wide variety of catering options, letting you choose the best solution for your party size and budget.

The wait staff also took such good care of us. They are extremely efficient in their process—food was served hot and we were never without a beverage. We are truly appreciative of everyone's efforts in making the weekend run so smooth.

The log cabin accommodations are super cute and cozy. While we didn't invite children to our wedding, many of our guests brought their children up for the weekend along with their in-laws/sitter. This allowed the adults to enjoy the wedding festivities while having their children close-by in a comfortable setting. We've been told this made the entire travel process so much easier.

We utilized the bowling alley for our Welcome Party the night before. We invited all our guests to join us for pizza and bowling and everyone had SO much fun. It was an excellent way to get everyone together before the wedding and allowed us to spend more time with our guests. I would highly recommend doing this!

All in all, I would highly recommend Point Lookout as a venue—you will not be disappointed. There's no other place like it!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Brittany · Married on 12/14/2018

Amazing Winter Wedding

Point Lookout was an amazing place to hold our outdoor winter wedding. The view was nothing short of magical (a little chilly) but it was December!
    Whats not to love about this place, everything is at your fingertips. The food, bar, cabins and the bowling alley for the after party and the staff are all AMAZING! Jessica has the whole thing down to a science so your day goes as flawlessly as possible and she was so great to work with.
    My husband and I having been joking about throwing another party just so we can do it all over again!

Sent on 01/03/2019

MIcheke · Married on 11/17/2018

exceptional in every way

Point Lookout is an absolutely spectacular venue for a wedding, regardless of the time of year. My husband and I fell in love with the summit from the moment we saw it. Booking a bit later than other couples, PL had only 2 dates left last year: one in November, the other in December. We chose the November date and even with the leaves off the trees, the venue was magical. We married inside in the entrance with the moose... a wonderful rustic lodge feel. My bridesmaids and I wore faux fur wraps. The fire was blazing. Nearly all of our guests commented on how magical the day was (and they continue to talk about it even 3 months out).

As for the staff, we worked closely with Jess Riley, the onsite wedding coordinator from the start. She was a dream, furnishing us with lists of vendors, responding to e-mails quickly, efficiently, and always in a wonderful laid-back manner that kept my nerves in check.
    As for the day of, because Jess works with so many of the vendors frequently, the day ran like a well oiled machine, leaving my husband and I to enjoy the day just as much as our guests.

The cabins were wonderful, maintaining the lodge feel, and allowing our guests safe passage to the rooms using the shuttle service.

It was an extraordinary day and worth every penny!

Thank you Jess and staff!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Chris · Married on 11/11/2018

A Perfect Maine Wedding Weekend

We held our wedding at Point Lookout in November. Simply put, we couldn’t be happier and had the perfect weekend. We had found Point Lookout over a year prior after an online search based on our interest of cabins and Maine. We suspected we’d strongly like the resort so made a visit and were not disappointed. It’s also at this time that we met wedding coordinator Jessica, someone with whom we’d develop a relationship with over the subsequent 12 months. During this first visit we had a wonderful stay, learned about Point Lookout’s wedding offerings, and were immediately impressed by both the location and Jessica’s degree of coordination and hospitality. We reserved our date on the spot.

The next year was spent on wedding planning with Jessica and her team, who remained organized, focused, and responsive throughout. Fast forward to the wedding: our goal all along was to have a memorable weekend with family and friends, 115 in total, not just a quick ceremony and dinner. Point Lookout did not disappoint, providing the facilities and logistics for 3 events, in a location also allowing guests to explore on their own. As for the wedding itself, Jessica and team put on a seamless day in conjunction with our chosen vendors.

For us, Point Lookout was originally perfect because of its atmosphere, location, and capabilities. Jessica and her team helped to elevate this even further. We are grateful for all their hard work - Point Lookout will always be a special place for us.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

Point Lookout was a dream!

My Husband and I had a great experience having our wedding in Northport Maine. We live about 3 hours south and made the trip up to Northport 4 times during our wedding planning. Every time our ride was easy and peaceful. When we arrived in Northport we felt relaxed and calm. Our guests raved about the location and accommodations. Everyone was relaxed- it felt like a family retreat! We had a buffet, and our guests really liked the serving- style- the food was warm and delicious. Jessica and Ashley orchestrated the event to flow effortlessly. We really had the best experience working with Jessica- she is easy going and thoughtful. She answered our questions timely via phone or email. She has tons of experience and it shows. Very professional and personable! Highly recommend Point Lookout - if you are looking for a venue with a beautiful view and a team in place to make sure you can relax and enjoy your wedding weekend- Point Lookout is the place!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Mary Donovan · Married on 09/29/2018

Beautiful and Extremely Easy Venue for a Wedding

Highly recommend this venue as beautiful, easy to work with, wonderful food, active-lifestyle, fun and outdoorsy. Jessica was full of ideas, flexible and so helpful. If you can afford the base prices, there were few surprises and plenty of suggestions on how to stay within budget.

Sent on 10/31/2018
  • Kira

Kira · Married on 09/23/2018

Ocean meets mountain dream wedding

A dream come true. We chose Point Lookout Resort so that our wedding could be a "weekend event" and maybe not go by so quickly :). All of our family stayed on site! From start to finish the planning process with Jessica (the main wedding coordinator) was efficient, helpful, and a breeze. From the get go we had a spreadsheet with each possible option for menu/shuttles/lodging etc allowing for easy budgeting and planning (even included tax/gratuity so no hidden surprises like other venues) She was always available to answer my MANY questions and offer suggestions. The tasting in April was super helpful- allowed us to pick the proper linens, food, and even our cake vendor!! On the night before our wedding we held a "welcome" bowling/beers event at their private bowling alley - allowing our guests an easy on site area for everyone to congregate ( we had a blast!!). Our wedding day was worry free. Jessica and Ashley were SO incredibly organized and lovely, ensuring every decoration was set up just as I dreamed. All of our vendors worked well with Jessica directly, limiting my stress while getting beautified :) The "getting ready" rooms are gorgeous and spacious. The staff ensured a good flow for arriving guests so no one saw me before the ceremony. Every guest was stunned by the view ( we lucked out with a perfectly sunny day ) and were thrilled with the food and bar service. Our after party was at the private bowling alley as well which was a nice touch, offering pizza and continued bar :) I cannot rave enough about the team at Point Lookout Resort. If you are looking for a Maine ocean-meets-mountain feel that is going to ensure your wedding day is stress free this venue is for you :)

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Point Lookout Resort 7
    Point Lookout Resort 8
    Point Lookout Resort 9

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I celebrated our July 2018 wedding at the amazing Point Lookout Resort. From the moments our guests arrived for our Friday night meet and greet they could not stop gushing over the beauty of the location and attentiveness of the staff. Our wedding day was met with just as many if not more compliments for the staff, delicious food and after party bowling. Throughout the planning we worked with the amazing Jessica Riley she helped to ensured that everything was taken care of before and on the day; from the setup of the ceremony and reception spaces to the coordination of vendors. Everything was timed and executed perfectly to what we had envisioned for our special day. We would highly recommend Point Lookout Resort for any wedding. The natural beauty of the grounds, the kind, and attentive staff and the comfort your guests will experience in the beautiful cabins, all help to create a memorable, fun and relaxing wedding experience.

Sent on 10/08/2018

Stacie · Married on 06/16/2018

Point Lookout was the first and only venue we looked at when we were searching for our venue. The view is just spectacular, unlike any other we saw in Maine. My husband and I loved the idea of a somewhat destination venue (we reside in NH) with onsite beautifully maintained cabins for guests to stay in. Family and friends raved about the accommodations and the wedding day remains the talk of the family, especially the view.

Jessie was such a huge help in planning, she recommended amazing vendors that were also nothing short of amazing. Jessie was quick to respond to emails, professional and kind.

The wedding day went perfectly. We had a larger guest count 175, so we were unable to hold the reception at the summit. But we did have our ceremony and cocktail hour at the summit and it was perfect. We held our reception at the pavilion at hedges hall and there was plenty of room for dancing, along with horse shoes and other lawn activities outside the pavilion.

Price wise it was on the high end, but you don't have to worry about a thing, rentals, break down, setting up, catering, flatware, dishes etc. It is all included in the venue fee. I wish I could relive the day all over!

Sent on 08/15/2018

Meredith · Married on 11/11/2017

As soon as we arrived, Jessie and Kariann made our entire wedding weekend seamless! We loved every single aspect of having our wedding at Point Lookout and so did all of our guests! We would not have changed a thing - everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/03/2017
    Point Lookout Resort 10
    Point Lookout Resort 11
    Point Lookout Resort 12

Heather · Married on 09/03/2017

This place is amazing to work with. Cannot recommend them highly enough! Jessie and Kariann took care of everything we needed. The piece of mind that comes with knowing that everything will go smoothly because you're working with professionals is priceless. Everything we needed help with they were willing and able to help in every way. If we needed anything they made it happen. The views and the cabins brought us to this place, but the people at Point Lookout we partnered with were what made our wedding so special!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/22/2017

Point Lookout was amazing! The Summit was spectacular for the ceremony and reception. The wedding coordinators, Jessica and Keri, were a joy to work with. They helped us figure out ways to stay within our budget and were responsive to our every need. We loved staying in cabins and having all our guests on site. Everyone got to enjoy Maine in their own way, have their own space, but all see each other a ton during the weekend. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Mastin · Married on 08/13/2017

After considerable (exhaustive at times) location research, we knew Point Lookout was THE place/perfect for our wedding after seeing it for the first time in September 2016. From our initial meeting then to our August 2017 wedding weekend--and now a little over a month later--we could not be happier with our decision to go with Point Lookout. Its location on a mountain right on Maine's mid-coast in Northport (between Camden and Belfast), approximately 2.5 hours north of Portland was the ideal location for our planned wedding weekend of 120 people (ended up with about 90 people present). What made this gorgeous location even more superb was PL's wedding team comprised of Jessie and Kari. These ladies are top notch, true professionals. You know that feeling when you meet someone and everything just clicks? This is what happened when we met them. They are knowledgeable, responsive, courteous, warm, welcoming, thorough, detail-oriented, and unequivocally the best! This extends to the rest of the staff at PL, too. Everyone is so great, we are still luminous 6 weeks later!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

Getting married at Point Lookout was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. You can’t beat the view and there are so many event space options. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception were all held at the Summit, with the ceremony and cocktail hour outside. Luckily it didn’t rain, but if it had even the inside room for the ceremony would have been great. We also had a welcome BBQ at the Pavilion and the after party at the bowling alley on site. It is such a unique venue and having the after party at the bowling alley was so fun! The fact that all our guests were able to stay onsite in the cabins with a shuttle to transport them from event to event was amazing. It made the whole weekend a vacation for everybody.

Another thing that sets Point Lookout apart from other venues is the wedding coordinator, Jessie! She was amazing!! She was so helpful when we were trying to decide on event spaces and food and décor options. She responded quickly to emails and answered any questions we had. After we booked all our vendors we sent her the list and she coordinated with them to make sure they knew when and where to show up/set up before the wedding. She was at each of our events making sure things ran smoothly and according to the tentative timeline we had worked on together. I honestly cannot say enough nice things about Jessie. We loved working with her!

Point Lookout is definitely worth the money. The whole weekend went exactly according to plan and that is due to the professionalism and perfection of the Point Lookout staff. Everyone we interacted with, from the servers to the landscapers, was so nice and accommodating. They truly make you feel like your wedding is the most important one of the year. And like I said before, you can’t beat the view

Sent on 06/26/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2017

We had our wedding here and it was amazing. The staff took care of everything and were incredibly friendly. The food was delicious, the cabins are so cozy, and you can't beat the view from The Summit.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Kathleen · Married on 12/10/2016

My husband and I were married at the point lookout summit last December and I can't say enough about the facilities, coordinators, or our day overall! Lisa and Jessie were with us every step of the way with organizing, planning, and answering all of our questions from when we booked in January to our day in December.
    Both our ceremony and reception were held at the summit and it was AMAZING. The day (and the views) was gorgeous, the decorating was stunning, and the entire staff ensured our day was flawless. We didn't have a single issue and every idea I had was completed by Jessie and Lisa.
    Almost all of our wedding guests and party stayed in the on-site cabin, making the entire weekend a breeze.
    We also rented the bowling alley for our afterparty and it was perfect! All of our guests loved it!
    I would recommend Point Lookout to anyone!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Carrie · Married on 11/12/2016

We got married in November and it was our dream come true. We visit Point Lookout at least once a year as a family and it holds a special place in our hearts...the cabins and the view are priceless. So my now husband chose a weekend away at Point Lookout as his opportunity to propose. It only seemed fitting to get married there! We got married on the summit and had out reception there as well. Lisa and Jessie are the wedding coordinators and they are amazing! They were constantly answering my millions of questions and helped keep me on a track the whole way. It couldn't have gone any smoother. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. I can't say enough great things about my experience with them. I highly recommend them as a wedding venue!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Ella · Married on 07/22/2016

By far the best wedding venue I have ever seen!! We had our wedding here and every aspect was outstanding. The views are probably the most amazing views I've ever seen, the staff is super easy to work with and made everything very easy with no stress, the cabins for guests are amazing, and the food was outstanding! All my guests are still raving about the venue and can't wait to book vacations to the cabins in the future. Any bride who books point lookout as their venue will not be disappointed, we looked at many venues and nothing even came close to touching the beauty and fun that point lookout had to offer. Lots of onsite activities for guests as well. On top of all of that, we had a shuttle from the summit to the bowling alley after the reception. The bowling alley is beautiful and so so fun! Pizza and drinks to wind down after a night full of dancing. Couldn't have asked for more, the staff is unlike any other.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Angie · Married on 07/09/2016

Absolutely loved the venue- the ceremony/reception site (we used The Summit) was amazingly beautiful, and the cabins are cozy and just what we were looking for. Our guests LOVED the cabins and the wedding site. Our wedding coordinators were awesome, and made a beautiful weekend for us!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

We were married at the Summit at Point Lookout at the end of June and I cannot recommend this venue highly enough! Lisa and Jessie were a DREAM to work with! We booked the venue two years in advance and were located ~4 hours away, so they had to deal with my emails for an extended period of time. They were always incredibly responsive, kind and helpful when it came to the many questions that me and my parents had. They were willing to work with me and my husband to make our day exactly what we had always dreamed it would be. The planning process was easy and stress free thanks to these wonderful ladies! On the day of, they make you feel as if your wedding is the only one that matters. They work with you beforehand to make sure your day is perfect so you have nothing to worry about and truly bring your vision to life.

This is all separate from the actual venue, which is absolutely breath taking. My husband and I wanted a place to get married that would be unforgettable. I compiled a spreadsheet of options and we visited Point Lookout first. The moment we stepped foot on the summit with Lisa we knew that we would be married here and stopped our search. All of our guests have raved about the entire weekend, the rehearsal dinner, the welcome party, the cabins, the venue, the food and the after party. We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to work with. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we had literally nothing go wrong. This venue was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Point lookout is the most dreamy place to get married and the process (which I've heard can be difficult), was amazing. You will not regret starting the rest of your life here.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Caitlin · Married on 11/07/2015

I can’t say enough great things about Point Lookout! A friend referred this venue to me and as soon as I saw it there was nothing else that could compare. Having everyone stay on site was one of the most important things for us and the cabins just made the experience extra special for our guests. Lisa and Jessie were absolutely AMAZING! From day one to after the wedding, they were both so accommodating and so responsive. They made everything so easy and fun for us! Everything from the service to the food, to the venue to the cabins was excellent! They truly know how to make your wedding the most incredible experience!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/20/2015

My husband and I could not have been happier with our wedding weekend at Point Lookout!!! Our guests loved staying in the cabins available onsite (great prices and absolutely beautiful setting), enjoyed the amenities of Point Lookout and local surrounding area (e.g. hiking trails, lake and beach, downtown Camden, schooner tours, etc.), and admired the unbeatable view of Penobscot Bay during the ceremony and cocktail hour (up at The Summit). All of the guests stayed throughout the weekend, so we hosted a welcome barbecue dinner at The Pavilion the night prior to the wedding, organized by Point Lookout staff as well. On the wedding day, both Lisa and Jessie (the onsite wedding coordinators) were incredible and surpassed all expectations. They worked with our vendors to help set up equipment and stay on schedule, they were communicative with us and our bridal party to ensure we had everything we needed, and worked with their staff to set up all the decorations and orchestrate the catering (all the food was delicious!!!). Lisa in particular did an incredible job of displaying our decorations at the ceremony site, in the foyer, and in the reception room - I could not have hoped for it to all come together so beautifully!!! After the reception, shuttles took our guests down to the onsite bowling alley and we continued the party there with pizza and a bar - a fun end to the night! Our guests raved about the location (you cannot beat the view from The Summit) and the vibe of the entire weekend. We were beyond thrilled as well and wish we could do it all over again!!!

Sent on 11/10/2015