Poco Diablo Resort Reviews

141 | Sedona, AZ

141 Reviews for Poco Diablo Resort

Kimberly · Married on 11/03/2012

When looking for a venue, my husband and I wanted to have a view of the gorgeous red rocks. This venue offers that and so much more! We were able to have a outdoor ceremony facing the red rocks and an indoor reception. Jill was fabulous- she made the planning so easy between calming my nerves, coordinating with other vendors, and allowing my mother to add special touches. Our guests had no issues booking their rooms and many of them have said they will definitely go back! The food was delicious and our guests enjoyed our surprise treat of gelato (the staff did such a great job keeping it a secret). Jason the grounds keeper even honored our request to leave the leaves on the ground since our wedding was fall themed! Everyone we show our wedding pictures to can't believe that they were not enhanced- the colors of Poco Diablo are gorgeous and I honestly couldn't imagine our wedding having taken place anywhere other than here. We now have a tradition of going back every 3 months since we love this venue so much!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

A special Thank You to Kimberly and Jeff for the kind words and sweet review. All of us at Poco Diablo Resort enjoyed hosting your wedding here and love seeing you back at the resort. We truly appreciate it!

r · Married on 11/01/2012

I can't thank Jill enough, along with the entire staff! Poco is beautiful and the staff truly do care about their quality and will do what they can to help make dreams come true! My husband and I can't wait to go back next year on our anniversary and do it all over again to renew our vows in 10 years :D Poco is very affordable too

Sent on 11/07/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you Rosie and Joey - we loved having you and your family hear with us and we wish you much happiness. Can't wait to see you back at Poco.

antoinette · Married on 10/20/2012

Jill the event planner there was the easiest and most professional person to work with! We fell in love with her, how sweet she is too how detail oriented she is! amazing women with a huge heart, shes definitely in the right profession. On Poco Diablo side, this place and view is drop dead gorgeous, its fantastic!! Mine and my husband (fiance at the time) and maid of honor, our mouths just dropped to the ground when we walked in to the rolling grass acres with red rock surrounding every view!

Sent on 10/25/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Antoinette and Bobby for your kindness. We loved having you both here with all your family and friends. We can't wait to see your beautiful wedding photographs. Take care and thank you.
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/07/2012

The staff at Poco Diablo went out of their way to ensure that our wedding day was nothing short of wonderful. From the ceremony set up all the way through the reception, there is nothing that I would have asked to be done differently. Jill Kyriapolous is a wonderful coordinator and a wonderful person who always took the time to take my calls and never made me feel like my questions were silly - even though I am quite certain that she had heard the same questions many times from other brides! :-) My husband and I will absolutely go back to Poco to celebrate our anniversary.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

A special Thank You to Michelle and Jim for the very kind review. We were so happy for you and thank you for allowing us to be part of your wedding. It was a pleasure working with you both.

Rachel · Married on 10/05/2012

Poco Diablo Resort provided a warm, welcoming environment from the moment we first walked into the lobby. As we were searching for the perfect wedding venue for our special day we appreciated the time William took to give us a great tour of the resort, answering our many questions. On our next visit we met Jill. Jill could not have been a better person to work with in planning our special day. She helped us in so many ways, always very responsive to questions or concerns, putting us quickly at ease. Jill is organized, knowledgeable, patient, and accommodating; such a pleasure during what can be a stressful experience. Eric, Javier and the rest of the staff at Poco also went out of their way to accommodate and ensure that our day went smooth and provided great care to our guests.

Sent on 12/11/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

It was truly our pleasure hosting your wonderful wedding here at Poco Diablo Resort. We appreciate your very kind review and we are anxious for your return to our resort.

Our other vendors said the Poco staff were the best they had seen, our guests said this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, food was delicous, and my husband and I think our entire weekend was PERFECT. Thank you POCO!!!!!!! and EVERYONE who works there!!!!

Poco Diablo and ALL of their staff are absolutely amazing to work with!! From the moment my them fiance and I walked onto the resort for our tour (before deciding to book them as our wedding venue) they have been fantastic. The catering sales manager, Jill, walked us through the resort and helped us to visualize what our wedding there would look like... to be quite honest I think that it was a conbination of the scenery, the resort itself, and Jill's energy that made us so happy with what we experienced that first day. We wanted a nice resort but also wanted a relaxed and positive vibe; that is exactly what we found.

Jill loaded me up with referals since we were planning this as a destination wedding and all of them were also great to work with! Throughout the planning Jill was 100% responsive to my questions and helped fulfill the image we had in mind. She worked with me (and my mom) and made planning a destination wedding really easy and stress-free. Our fathers actually got ordained and married us which was a total surprise to our families and friends; Poco helped keep this a secret and also helped the ceremony go off flawlessly!!

The weekend of the wedding we were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm from all staff we encountered. They were all aware of who the bride and groom were and made us feel extra special :) Jill, Cindy, Eric, and Javier were absolutely wonderful to work with and had the perfect balance of professionalism, friendliness, and excitedness.

Poco is a fabulous place to get married and we would absolutely do it exactly the same, all over again!!!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind review. Poco Diablo Resort could not have been more honored - we loved hosting your wedding. We already miss you both but hope to see you back here very soon. Congratulations from all of us!

Sharri · Married on 09/08/2012

Our experiance at Poco Diablo was amazing, the staff were extremly helpful and took great care of our every need, Jill was so helpful and always had an informative answer for every question that we had big or small.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Sharri and Sean for your kind review. We loved hosting your wedding here at Poco and can't wait for your return to our resort.

Diane · Married on 08/25/2012

The Poco Diablo Resort was the perfect setting for our wedding and reception. We are so happy that we had our wedding there. Everyone we came into contact with through the planning, preparation and day-of was friendly, professional, helpful and responsive. We truly felt that everyone there was working to make sure our guests were happy and our event was a success.

It was a true pleasure to work with Jill. She always was calm and open to the requests that we made, and we were always satisfied with her responses to our requests. Jill worked with the chef and banquet staff to accomodate our menu requests and specific requests regarding food preparation. We had a long list of requirements that were met flawlessly. The food was wonderful!

No detail was overlooked. The ballroom set-up was as we requested, and the place-settings were immaculate - every glass sparkled!

We also had a large number of guests reserve rooms in our wedding block at The Poco Diablo Resort. The room block was very well-managed. The process for reserving rooms was smooth. I always received prompt, helpful and courteous responses to questions I had about the block, as did our guests.

Our wedding was wonderful and beautiful. Our guests had so much fun dancing, eating and enjoying the beautiful scenery and venue. We couldn't be happier!! Thank you, Poco Diablo!!

Sent on 09/11/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Our special thanks to Diane and Scottie for allowing us to host your wonderful wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and helping your guests during their visit. Congratulations to you both and we hope to see you back at Poco Diablo Resort very soon.

Cassie-Marie · Married on 06/15/2012

Everyone was so easy to work with, very flexible, and made our day better than we could have ever imagined! We would definitely recommend this place!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Joanne · Married on 06/08/2012

Our wedding at Poco Diablo Resort in Sedona was a beautiful experience all around. We were first attracted to this location because of the beautiful gazebo and amazing view of the red rocks in the background. The ducks in the lakes and other weeping willow trees added true natural elegance. The outdoor location for weddings at Poco Diablo offers so many great photo opportunities to take with the groom and your family. We decided to choose this resort because we wanted to do the ceremony at the same site as the reception. This offered our guests the ease of enjoying the cocktail hour on the Rose Terrace rather than worrying about driving to a new location. We chose the ballroom to celebrate the wedding events and dancing until 11:00 P.M. Many of our guests chose to spend the night at the hotel after the wedding and their rates were very affordable for those guests compared to other hotels in Sedona. Jill K. who is in charge of organizing wedding events for the hotel was very easy to work with throughout the whole process. She let us know detailed information about our wedding day to the littlest detail so that we were organized and prepared without feeling rushed and flustered. If we ever had any questions throughout the process of planning the wedding she would be available to answer our questions. She is very efficient, organized, and really listens to the vision of the bride and groom to helping you to plan your event using the Poco Diablo facilities in the most efficient way for your special day. The food provided by Felipe and his staff was so delicious for our wedding day. He met with us prior to the wedding for a food tasting and asked us what we liked and how he could change something to make it better for our guests. Another employee named Eric made sure our tables in the ballroom looked spectacular with the right color table cloths, overlays, napkins, glasses, and silverware. He did a wonderful whimsical arrangement of the area around the wedding cake with the table cloth that added that special touch. Overall, I would highly recommend using Poco Diablo Resort to host your wedding for the wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception for any bride to be!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed hosting your wedding and wish you both many happy years together.

Ashley & Gaurav · Married on 05/19/2012

Jill and her team went above and beyond to accommodate the unique needs of our fusion Hindu/American wedding.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Sunny · Married on 05/18/2012

Poco Diablo provided the perfect destination wedding for us! We wanted small, intimate, beautiful, and fun and Poco delivered. We worked with Jill K., the coordinator, who was extremely responsive and professional. She was in constant communication with me and guided me step-by-step to making sure everything was set and ready to go on the big day. I want to note that I didn't have much help at all planning the wedding because both sets of parents are vastly dense about traditional American weddings and my bridesmaids were at least 3000 miles away. Jill helped me out tremendously in making sure all of the elements of a wedding included and graciously met with me and my now husband on a last minute whim when we visited Sedona.

Jill and her crew set up the ceremony and reception beautifully. I was shocked to see all the wonderful details that were included to make our wedding unique and personable. Any time I needed anything, Jill was there to answer my question or create a solution. She was super responsive even down to the last minutes, literally hours before the wedding, still in my corner making sure things went smoothly. Not only is the staff great, the value of the ceremony and reception venue is terrific. We fit everything in our budget without sacrificing quality. We opted for a southwestern style buffet and it was delicious. We were allotted plenty of food and time to eat. Additionally, the staff is very good at clearing the plates and getting the glasses for champagne toast out in a timely fashion. It is also important to note that Poco staff work hard with you the days after your wedding to make sure that all of your decorations get back to you; they put them away nicely and even keep your cake for you, if there's any left. Poco makes your wedding seamless and wonderful, I would do it again here, over and over again!

Sent on 05/27/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

A special "thank you" to Sunny and Duncan! We loved having your wedding here and wish you many happy years together.

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2012

Their wedding coordinator was so helpful and made sure everything was how we wanted. She kept contact with us weekly via email to make sure she had everything recorded and all loose ends taken care of. And during the reception, the bar tender, waiters, etc. were quick to take care of anything we needed. The food was delicious and the ballroom was gorgeous!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you Kelly and congratulations on your marriage. We really enjoyed being a part of your special day.

Kenneth · Married on 03/23/2012

Everyone at the Resort was extremely friendly and helpful in all aspects of our wedding. We stayed there for almost a week and was always Greeted with a smile. We will be back!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Taylor, we were so happy to be a part of your wedding. Thanks so much for allowing us to host it! Can't wait to see you and Ajaye back at Poco Diablo Resort.

Dawn · Married on 10/01/2011

I don't know where to even begin! Jill Kyriakopulos (catering sales manager) and all the Poco Diablo folks/employees are nothing but awesome! We only got in touch with Jill this past July after we started scrambling for a new venue when the one we had booked asked us to change venues (they had overbooked the number of events they could hold). I got in touch with Jill and found out they had availability to host our ceremony and reception on 10/1/11. From our first meeting/tour of the Poco Diablo grounds/buildings to the very day of our wedding, Jill was readily available and helpful at all times, answering all our questions/concerns. The grounds at Poco Diablo are GORGEOUS (red rock views, fountains, trees, etc.) and the wedding gazebo with the weeping willow tree behind are absolutely amazing! We fell in love immediately...

We held our small, intimate reception in the Poco Diablo ballroom and it was nothing short of fantastic - the Italian Buffet was GREAT and the serving/catering staff were wonderful. Russ, a special thanks to you for taking extra special care of us during the reception (always checking with us to be sure everything was okay/if we needed anything and helping guide/direct the flow of things from the buffet line to the music volume on the house sound system, to the cake cutting)!!

Thanks so much to the ENTIRE staff at Poco Diablo for taking such great care of us and all the details for our very special day. I would recommend Poco Diablo to any bride!!

Dawn & Tom Rotta

Sent on 10/06/2011

Kathryn · Married on 10/01/2011

From the first meeting we were treated with respect. All of our million questions were answered. The day of the wedding we were given the greatest quality of service. From set-up to clean-up every staff member we came in contact with was smiling, friendly and efficient. We could not have been happier with the venue, the food and the service. It truly was a perfect day!!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

It was our pleasure to make sure your daughter's wedding was special and thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
  • azlivin64

Dawn · Married on 10/01/2011

Dawn & Tom Rotta

Sent on 01/04/2012

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thanks so much Dawn & Tom. We really enjoyed hosting your wedding here at Poco Diablo Resort. It was great to see you both back here with Brimley and we loved seeing all the photos! Thanks again and we will always welcome you back to Poco Diablo Resort. Happy New Year.

We had our wedding here for the whole weekend. Everyone at Poco was so wonderful and accommodating. All of our guests had the best time. The resort facilities, landscape, rooms, and food were all great. Jill was amazing to work with. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Joy · Married on 06/17/2011

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING! That is how I would summarize our wedding experience at Poco Diablo. We chose Poco Diablo because it was the most reasonably priced resort to get married in Sedona. As Sedona locals, we would recommend Poco Diablo to anyone planning a wedding in Sedona! We chose the Golf Course Gazebo for our ceremony, the Canopy Patio for Dinner & the Rose Terrace for Reception. The roses were blooming around the gazebo when we got married making it even more beautiful! The grounds are very well taken care of making for some great photos! Jill (the wedding coordinator) was a pleasure to work with. She stayed in touch with us throughout the planning process and was very prompt with her responses. Even on the day of the event when we made changes, she didn't even blink an eye with our requests. The food was tasty. We chose the Salmon in butter/caper sauce & Flank Steak entrees. I have to admit the best part of the dish was the garlic mashed potatoes. If we had to do it all over again, there is no doubt in our mind we would choose Poco Diablo!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We loved hosting your wedding and we're glad you had a wonderful experience at Poco. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Kelly · Married on 06/04/2011

Poco Diablo made my day so very special. Everything was perfect, the staff was wonderful! The resort was beautiful and so well maintained. The rooms were great with a giant jetted tub and fireplace. I would highly recommend poco diablo to have your special day there.

Sent on 06/11/2011

Victoria · Married on 05/14/2011

What a beautiful resort for both a ceremony on the golf course and reception venue! We had our reception dinner in the Sedona Room and it was absolutely perfect for our smaller private party (max. 20 persons). Jill Kyriakopulos did an AWESOME job helping us with prices and various options for our special day and was always prompt with correspondence. TERRIFIC JOB!

Sent on 05/17/2011

Poco Diablo Resort's reply:

We were so happy to be part of your celebration. Please return to Poco Diablo Resort very soon. Kind regards.

Linda · Married on 05/14/2011

Our daughter was married at Poco Diablo on 5/14/11. It was a beautiful day and the Gazebo was the perfect backdrop for the morning ceremony with the huge Weeping Willow trees. Jill was so wonderful to work with, attentive to all of our needs and worked with us on things they don't normally accommodate such as storing & serving (14) pies instead of the traditional "wedding cake". The service we received from the banquet staff at the afternoon reception was exceptional as not even the smallest detail was overlooked. Our guests who stayed at the resort loved the accommodations & you can't beat the scenery of the red rocks. Thank you all for helping to make this a very memorable day.

Sent on 05/28/2011

Treva · Married on 05/09/2011

My vision was to have a small intimate wedding, where our family and friends could hang out and get to know one another. Poco Diablo had all the amenities. I was able to plan a wedding weekend, with bachelor/bachelorette parties on-site, and a western BBQ rehearsal dinner. The food was fresh and delicious. Being an out of town bride I had no worries about anything; knowing I had Jill Kyriakopulos and her team beside me. The entire staff was so accommodating. The staff at Poco Diablo do their jobs with pride, a smile and can do attitudes. I loved having my wedding at Poco Diablo. We plan to visit again for years to come. Thank you Poco Diablo for making our dream wedding come true ~ The Engas

Sent on 07/03/2011

Kadecia · Married on 04/30/2011

Jill and the staff at Poco Diablo made all of my wedding wishes come true. I knew that having my wedding in Sedona would be special, but I had no idea how great it would be to work with a such a fun and flexible staff. When we first considered Poco and went for our first visit I got great vibes from everyone, from the front desk people to the waiters at TCarls. Jill was attentive to all my questions in the months building up to the wedding, and even went out of her way to order purple linens to accommodate my color scheme! Poco took care of all the set up on the day of the wedding, and all we had to do was put the details in place. We had our ceremony on the lawn, cocktail hour on the terrace, and dinner under the canopy. Our outdoor wedding in late April got a little cool and windy once the sun set, but the staff was quick to respond to my request to provide heat lamps on the patio and move our reception location for dancing. They also took care of moving our Sunday brunch indoors when they realized the weather would be chilly. After a night of celebrating I was thrilled to see that Poco decorated our brunch beautifully with the flowers & centerpieces left over from the night before. Poco definitely went above and beyond my expectations, and was a fantastic value. All of our guests staying at Poco had nothing but good things to say about the wedding and their Sedona experience!

Sent on 06/18/2011

Debbie · Married on 11/12/2010

Jill K and the rest of the staff at Poco Diablo were so wonderful to work with. I was planning the wedding from out of state and didn't know too much about the vendors in Arizona. Jill was so helpful making many recommendations. The food was incredible (our guests are still talking about it) and the servers were very professional.

I wanted an outdoor reception, but once the sun went down it got really cold. Jill was very flexible in letting us move indoors for dinner and dancing outside with a bunch of portable heaters.

We had a perfect wedding day and everyone at Poco Diablo made sure it was everything we dreamed it would be.

Sent on 11/19/2010