PME DJ Service Reviews

79 Reviews for PME DJ Service

• Chris & Juli

Juli · Married on 12/31/2009

3.5

PME was great. Although they were more expensive then the other DJs we interviewed Mark was worth it! I knew he would do everything we talked about. He showed up early, made sure everything was set up and ran right until our agreed upon time. At the end of the night he presented us with a CD of all of our 'chosen' special songs thorugh out the night. No "DJ voice here" just a nice guy who didn't overshadow our night but kept the party going. PMW also did a Picture montage of us growing up, provided blue backlighting that matched our New Year's Eve Wedding colors and a lighted Monogram. Thanks Mark!

Sent on 02/23/2010

Sarah · Married on 03/18/2012

I had really high expectations for the DJ, and I didnt think he quite met them. He was very professional, and he is very good as a DJ/MC. He has a music system he uses, so there is no risk of a computer crashing. I think I had such high expectations is because he was one of the most expensive options I had and he was very good whenever we met him. But at the wedding, I thought the music and overall sound was too low- this could be because at the Boojum Tree venue you cant play it that loud, but I couldnt even hear it sometimes. During cocktail hour, it was playing softly, which you dont want it too loud because people are talking, and we were off to the side taking pictures, so that could be why we didnt hear it at all. But when he made an announcement to come inside to dinner, the overall sound seemed to soft. Inside for dancing, the music was loud enough- but overall i wanted it louder and more energetic throughout. But, we did have to deal with the rain and cool weather, which could have affected how the equipment was set up. I also thought the order of events could have gone smoother during dinner- we had a photo montage that was played when it was too light in the room to see clearly, we should have waited until it got darker. The money dance was done towards the end, and some of my guests left early and missed it, so in retrospect, I might have wanted that earlier.
    Overall- very good DJ, very professional, he offers extra features like games and voice editing, but I just wanted him and the music louder. He did really well with our love story and newlywed game, and making the toasts order go smoothly.
    If you're looking for a loud, energetic, super funny DJ, i would keep looking, but if you're looking for a professional DJ with lots of experience and cool games and extra features, who makes the wedding run smoothly, than he is an excellent choice.

Sent on 04/09/2012

PME DJ Service's reply:

Thank you for the review, but I'm just a little confused about it. I am told that all couples who book the Boojum Tree for their wedding fully understand that all DJ's must use the Boojum Tree's sound system which includes amplifiers and speakers, I can not use my own. Also The Boojum Tree has a strict sound regulation that is applied from the city of Phoenix since it is considered an outdoor venue, same laws apply to all outdoor venues in the city. The Boojum Tree must abide by the city sound laws they will be shut down. Therefore the Boojum Tree regulates the volume levels. All DJ's must abide by The Boojum Tree's sound regulations or they will be removed from the Boojum Tree's must use DJ list and will not be able to perform there again, per the signed agreement. Also that Sunday on 3/18/12 it was pouring down rain and very cold so we had to stay inside the Green Room for the remainder of the reception. Because of all the white noise inside of the Green Room i.e. rain hitting the roof , heaters, conversation and the splashing of the waterfall, makes it hard to hear the music at the maximum aloud volume levels. The volume levels in the Green Room must be kept much lower inside because of the residential fence line that is just a few feet away. The fence line must be at 50 decibels, equivalent to a normal conversation. If I were to increase the volume higher than I already was in the Green Room, the Boojum Tree's sound system can shut down. The Boojum Tree has a lighted decibel to let DJ's know when the volume level has peaked. Most receptions at The Boojum Tree continue outside, much further away from the fence line therefore the sound can be turned up a little louder. We could not go back outside due to the rain. Music was playing during the cocktail reception outside. Only the staff at Boojum Tree can control what sections (areas) music can be played during the entire wedding, all I can do is make suggestions. The photo montage was played after everyone had a plate of food and was seated towards the end of dinner just like we agreed. I had walked around to the very back of the Green Room to be sure the montage could be seen clearly by everyone even though the sun had not set yet and light shines through the roof. With all other formalities going on during a reception there is no other optimal time to show a montage. A dollar dance can take up a lot of time even with 75 guests . If you were to do a dollar dance early while all guests are still in the room or at the reception, you split that in half, that's 35 people per Bride and Groom. At 15 seconds per person it can take over an hour for just the dollar dance, that's a long time when you're on limited time, 4 hours for reception time. Many couples elect not to have a dollar dance because it takes up too much time and a takes the of energy out of a reception. IMPO, If elected, a dollar dance should be done later (right after Garter and Bouquet Toss) so you dance with your closest family and friends who stay for the duration of the reception, and it won't take away from all other important formalities of a reception. If you wanted to share a dance with all of your guests for the dollar dance early in the day, it should have been brought up when we met during the planning stages. A final itinerary and timeline is always sent to my clients for final approval, and all "day of" vendors one week prior to the wedding so everything does run smooth and just how the clients want.
    If you wanted your reception to be loud, you may have chosen the wrong venue, and the wrong day and time. As far as me not being "Super Funny" most of my clients would rather not have me cracking jokes at their wedding since it can take the spotlight away from the Bride and Groom, I leave "super funny" to professional comedians:) The day is not about me. The fun ideas you choose for your reception i.e. "The Kissing Couples Demo" The Newlywed Game" and The Love Story" I thought brought a lot of excitement for a raining Sunday afternoon wedding. That's why I have these unique formalities optional for couples. Other than that, I believe your right on the part of that I am a very professional DJ / MC, I feel I am. I spend around 20 hours carefully planning each wedding I do to Bride and Groom's style, and continually hone my skills and refresh my repertoire of unique ideas so couples can have the weddings of their dreams. Thank you for the compliments and 4.6 out of 5.0 review. I believe it may have been a 5.0 if you would have talked to me about your issues first. I wish you the best..

Greg · Married on 06/02/2012

The service was well conducted. My wife and I had alot of fun and we both agree it is because of the DJ. The only problem that we had was that he forgot to do our money dance. Other than that it was a great and fun expierence.

Sent on 07/02/2012

PME DJ Service's reply:

Greg, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to know you & Chelsea had a lot of fun and your reception was a well conducted great experience. The reception itinerary that was emailed to me from Chelsea excluded the money dance. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 10/28/2017

1.8
      1.0
      3.0
      2.0
      1.5
      2.0

I tried to wait until after our wedding to review the service I received from Mark bc I wanted to take my time thinking of how I could relay my disappointment in a professional way. Leading up to the wedding, Mark was great - responsive, helpful, friendly, & professional. However, the day of our wedding things went awry in a big way. I didn't walk down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride." This didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary for most DJs. However, as my bridesmaids began walking down the aisle, MY SONG began to play. The surprise was completely ruined for my husband & our guests. Instead of just going with it, Mark proceeded to change the track mid walk, so my bridesmaids walked IN SILENCE instead. Mark came back to where the bridal party was lining up for intros, apologized for the issue with the ceremony, & proceeded to run through pronunciations of everyone's names multiple times. Mark & my mother in law went over how to pronounce her maiden name at least five times (as she was finalizing her divorce & did not want to go by Smith anymore), however, upon her introduction, Mark went with "Smith" (my now married name) instead. My officiant/best man walked with my MOH & bridesmaid & I wanted them introduced together... he introduced each separately. It was awkward & frustrating & as we were introduced, I tried to just let it go. One of my guests requested the "Time Warp" - it wasn't on my "No Play" list & I didn't really care what Mark played as long as it got people on the dance floor. After 30 mins of waiting, my officiant requested the same song. Finally, my mother requested it. After almost 1 hr 1/2 of waiting, it still wasn't played. It didn't play until my husband asked again. I was and still am distraught over this and several other difficult encounters on what was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. One can only let so much go!

Sent on 11/21/2017