PM Celebrations Reviews

39 | Fort Worth, TX

39 Reviews for PM Celebrations

Deborah · Married on 05/02/2009

Scott emceed the introduction of our families and our grand entrance to our wedding reception in May. Right as the reception started, it began raining, then pouring (an understatement) so people were hurriedly moved from the rooftop terrace of the Reata into the dome. Scott helped to get everyone laughing and comfortable as the weather got more and more intense.

Our guests had a wonderful time - even though many got wet. It was certainly a day to remember and Scott helped to make it special.

Sent on 10/02/2009

Erin · Married on 04/11/2009

Scott was wonderful! He provided a great deal of help with the reception planning and timeline for events. Everyone said they had a great time and all of the guests were dancing until the party was over. You have to take the time to meet with him for all of the planning but it is well worth the commitment, he is a professional and does the job of a pro! We bought the DJ/Videographer package and are very glad we did, Keith did and excellent job with the video, it is hands down the best wedding video I have ever seen. We are very pleased with the services we recieved from both Scott & Keith!

Sent on 07/09/2009

Alice · Married on 05/06/2000

What a great time! Scott and the Party Machine provided sound for my outdoor ceremony, including a microphone for the singer, and music for the reception afterward. The special touches, extra effort and humor really helped to make it a wonderful and memorable evening, for everyone in attendance, young and old alike!

Sent on 01/14/2010

Christina · Married on 07/25/2010

Scott and his assistant Kyle did a wonderful job! The music was great for our guests, setting, and the mood of our wedding. The uplighting and GOBO projection were beautiful and classy and we got many compliments on the entertainment at the wedding. I'd recommend the Party Machine to others (and already have!).

Sent on 08/11/2010

Jennifer · Married on 04/19/2008

Everyone had a blast at our wedding, and we were so thankful for such a great DJ =) He definitely made it fun and memorable! Scott was also extremely professional and made sure we got what WE wanted, not what was "traditional" or what he had done before.

Sent on 08/14/2008

Earl · Married on 09/05/1981

Scott has provided DJ services for several family events over the years and he has always been the best. He provided the music for my inlaws 50th wedding annivarsary and my wife's 50th birthday party. He recently provided the music for my nephews wedding on August 23, 2008 in Dallas and again was superb. This was one of the most elaborate and impressive weddings I have ever attended and Scott fit the bill. I would recommend Scott's DJ services without hesitation.

Sent on 10/10/2008

Jaimie · Married on 07/19/2009

I won a free DJ package with Party Machine Entertainment at the Bass Hall bridal show in July 2008. Scott was very easy to get in contact with and asked all kinds of questions about the unique qualities of our relationship, the theme and style of our wedding, and what kind of music we were looking for. The best thing about my meeting with Scott prior to the wedding was the NO CHEESE sign in his office! It made me feel like I had a vendor that understood my aversion to cheesy typical movie weddings.

During the event, Scott was there when I needed him and not there when I didn't. The music selection was exactly what I hoped for and the introductions for our wedding party were perfect! People were talking about them for weeks after the wedding.

We also rented a projector and screen to run a slideshow on during the reception and the equipment was set up and ready to go when we needed it. Overall, Scott was very professional and his experience in the business was very apparent.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Jerrie · Married on 05/30/2009

We have used Scott Shirley for our Daughters Graduation Party and most recently our Daughters Wedding. A GREAT TIME had by all. The dance floor was always full and the music was GREAT!!!
    Thanks to Scott for making this evening memorable for everyone.
    You will be hearing from me again.

Sent on 06/03/2009

Erin · Married on 04/11/2009

I really loved the idea he brought to the table to reception fun. My guest really enjoyed the interaction. also I like that there was a video included. He would coem to the bride, groom or mother of bride to ask how the scheduling of events was and to make sure everything was running smoothly. He really cared about making my wedding night go just right
    Overall, everything turned out wonderfully.

Sent on 08/10/2009

Shalane · Married on 05/17/2008

3.5

Scott was a great addition to our wedding! He was able to meet with my fiance and my family when we were able to come in town from College Station. He met with us to make the timeline, song list, bridal party/family intros, a special video speech, and made a fabulous custom song for our father-daughter dance.

I was looking for two things in a DJ. Someone that would keep the party going and keep all the stress off of my husband and I as far as what was to happen next during the reception. He exceeded our expectations of making all of that happen! We had an amazing, worry free day and had a great party thanks to the Party Machine.

Sent on 07/27/2009

Barbara · Married on 04/21/2007

We have used Scott Shirley at the Party Machine for five weddings and a retirement party. Scott keeps the party moving and the guests dancing, playing music that the audience wants to hear and will dance to. He is interactive with the guests and I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 12/06/2007
  • W

Robert · Married on 05/16/2009

4.2
      3.0

Scott was great! The sound at the reception was well distributed and he kept our friends and family dancing throughout the night. We were very pleased with him and the night as a whole. We would definitely recommend that you meet with Scott so he can share with you what he has to offer. Technically, Scott appeared to be the most proficient DJ we met with and the day of the wedding he delivered as promised.....no surprises or mishaps. He had a ton of ideas to offer and was willing to customize the reception to our expectations and not his own - unlike some of the other DJs we met with.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Krista · Married on 06/09/2007

4.2
      3.0

Scott was great...very friendly. Sometimes he can be a little hard to get ahold of.

Sent on 07/13/2008

Allison · Married on 02/09/2008

3.5

Scott was very flexible meeting with me and my family. Becase we were planning a wedding in Fort Worth and living in College Station, it was difficult to find time to meet, but every time I needed to meet with him, Scott was very willing to open his home to us as a meeting space.

Scott was incredibly proffessional in his dress and demeanor. Plus, he's just an exceptionally nice guy! I felt like he was always willing to work with our ideas as well as share some of his own from past experience.

The only miscommunication we seemed to have was the presentation of the Wedding Party at the beginning of the reception. During the wedding party introductions, we wanted each wedding party member to be introduced as their music played (rather than introduced and then the music played). It made the introductions at the ceremony drag on and it was a bit awkward for the wedding party. Also, I found myself going up to the DJ booth to tell Scott that I wanted to start the next thing. In retrospect, I think I might have gone with a wedding planner to take care of all of that for me. (But then that goes for many of the wedding details...I saw the value of a wedding planner after the fact.)

Scott included almost all the music that Jordan and I requested, while throwing in a few all-time classics, a few cheesy (Brick House, but my guests really got down to it) and a few that I wouldn't have chosen that wound up being my favorite part (That's What Friends Are For: When this song came on, all of my girlfriends and I, plus my girl cousins, aunts, and mom ended up in a cirlcle with our arms around eachother swaying and singing! I thought, man, this song is so silly...and yet I looked around that circle and saw the most important women in my life all gathered together. It was truly special. I bet I teared up in that circle just as much as I teared up during the ceremony! So, thanks for such a special moment, Scott!)

Many of my guests said that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to! I know that much of that had to do with the music selections and timing of each song. All and all, I'd say Scott did a great job. Plus, one of my guests has a wedding coming up in October and I heard her dad booked him on the spot!

Sent on 08/16/2008