Plume Photography Reviews

Plume Photography 6
Plume Photography 7

Adrienne Leach · Married on 07/06/2019

Wonderful wedding photos with Plume

Working with Amanda was a joy! From the moment we got off our initial phone call, I knew I had made the right choice for a photographer. She was responsive and helpful leading up to our wedding, and so easy-going and efficient the day of. Our photos turned out BEAUTIFULLY. We would absolutely work with Amanda again and I recommend her wholeheartedly for weddings! She is great!!!

Sent on 08/08/2019
    Plume Photography 8

Anna · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazingly talented film photographer

I have basically been staring at my wedding photos from Amanda for the last two weeks since we got them back. Amanda is so talented, and captured so many special and fun and funny and sweet moments from our wedding day.

To start, Amanda is skilled enough to shoot film, which makes for light, airy and *timeless* photos. She was great with communication leading up to our wedding and put up with lots of questions and requests. And of course she brought a second shooter (Julia) so they wouldn’t miss a moment, who was a total pro as well.

I keep telling my engaged friends to hire photographers you want to hang out with, because they are with you the whole day. Amanda was such a calming presence and gave us great guidance about what shots would work well and made us feel comfortable enough not to take any shots that didn’t feel like “us.” The result was beautiful, fun, and authentic photos we will love to look back on forever.

We loved every minute of our day and are so lucky we have all these photos to remember it all. Can’t wait to get them into frames and photo albums, and social media, and on mousepads for our parents at Christmas, probably.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Heather

Heather Kliegman · Married on 06/07/2019

Timeless perfection doesn't even cover it

So you're looking for a wedding photographer and have quickly realized not all photographers are created equal. Amanda of Plume Photography is truly the BEST photographer you can hire in the Washington, DC for your wedding, and I really, really mean that and I'll tell you why:

Your photographer is an odd hire because you don't too much time with them prior to the actual wedding day (in relation to say your planner or design folks) other than maybe an engagement session and a few other walk throughs and scoping sessions. However you spend THE MOST time with them on the actual day of the wedding, so you need to choose someone who has a personality you'll vibe with. Amanda is literally the most calming, grounding presence and my husband and I could NOT be happier that we went with her. As a couple who didn't want to spend hours taking pictures but wanted someone to capture the "feeling" of our day, Amanda immediately understood and was able to work with us to ensure our day was captured perfectly. Amanda is so talented that we will be using her for professional head shots, baby pics (if they ever happen ;)), family photos and any time I need a photographer from here on out in my life.

A few things I want to ensure I point out.
    - Amanda shoots both film and digital, which gives your pictures the beautiful airy, bridal feel (think Abby Jiu). Some of my favorite pictures of the day are film.
    - Amanda will highly recommend that you do an engagement session. My husband and I were DEAD against this when booking a photographer. Amanda convinced us it was a good idea and we couldn't have been happier we did. It gave us an opportunity to get to know her, feel comfortable in front of the camera and generally be less awkward.
    - Amanda has a second shooter the big day and it's wonderful to get to have someone who is also well established on the second camera.

TLDR: I truly mean this when I say DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200, hire Amanda of Plume Photography NOW.

Sent on 08/02/2019
    Plume Photography 21
    Plume Photography 22

Virginia · Married on 06/01/2019

Stunning and timeless!

Amanda's work speaks for itself and I am so happy we went with her! She captured every moment so beautifully and genuinely that you can feel the emotion in each photo. She was so great to work with and incredibly responsive. Being in front of the camera initially felt incredibly awkward, but Amanda made us feel so comfortable that we forgot she was even there sometimes. I also received so many compliments from both wedding guests and vendors alike about how much they loved working with her.

It's been 3 weeks since we received our photos and I can honestly say that my husband and I are still in awe of our photos because we loved each picture more than the last!

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Plume Photography 23
    Plume Photography 24
    Plume Photography 25
    Plume Photography 26

Alessandra · Married on 11/17/2018

excellent experience

Amanda was truly a pleasure to work with. She is responsive, efficient, and was happy to accommodate our needs. My husband and I, along with our families, are thrilled with our wedding photos. We are very happy with our decision to book Amanda as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Nelson

Nelson Bunn · Married on 11/03/2018

Professional to the T

One of us knew Amanda through mutual friends and immediately thought of her when it was time to get married. Her consultation was straightforward, clear and very helpful to imagine what our photos could be with our wedding and engagement session. She exhibited the utmost professionalism and was just plain fun to work with! She clearly knows what she's doing and was particularly helpful working with our families for the group shots after the wedding. We have a huge family so there were a lot of moving pieces and she gracefully and artfully navigated the process to make it seamless and painless, and that's not easy with family! We couldn't think of a better person to be part of our big day and hope that others work with her to have the same great experience we did.

Sent on 07/14/2019