Plemmons Catering Reviews

23 | Santa Maria, CA

23 Reviews for Plemmons Catering

• Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/18/2019

Caters to allergies and demanding parents!

Joanne was absolutely incredible throughout our entire planning process. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors, and she even put up with my dad calling her to add things last minute! I have a very severe peanut/nut allergy, and she catered to everything we needed. We had amazing appetizers and a beautiful plated enchilada and taco dish. Her staff were super nice and quick to get food on the table. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

There is a stigma about wedding food. Most people go to a wedding expecting something to be cold, over-done, tasteless...extra. But our wedding food was AMAZING!! We had so many compliments on our BBQ food! We would recommend Plemmons Catering in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Dianne · Married on 09/26/2015

Joanne Plemmons and her staff at Plemmons Catering were wonderful to work with. We live approximately 7 to 8 hours away from the area so, Joanne and I planned everything through phone conversations and emails. The event was a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding. It was a beautiful evening in every way!! The food was so delicious and the service was amazing!!! Thank you for making our special evening so perfect.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Lindsey · Married on 08/29/2015

Joanne and all of Plemmons Catering were so amazing and helpful with me and my husbands wedding. We had no idea what we were doing and they not only made an AMAZING meal but helped with the wedding more than the actual wedding planner!!! All my guest absolutely praised them and the food. Highly recommend their services!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2015

Delicious santa maria style BBQ! What a pleasure it was to work with Joanne Plemmons! The woman behind it all! She is truly a joy to work with! She was there every step of the way, from the the tasting, to designing the menu, scheduling payments, to corresponding with Bride and Mother of Bride. Great experienced staff! Very professional and clean. Very affordable, able to customize menu, and work with your budget. Our guest LOVED the food! They went for seconds, and raved about how much they enjoyed it! Thank you Plemmons Catering! - Melissa & Darren Dworak

Sent on 08/02/2015

Anna · Married on 10/04/2014

Great food! Staff went above and beyond to make sure all the guests were happy. Fantastic prices, went out of their way to work within our budget. Extremely helpful to first time bride, provided so much extra information and assistance outside of catering. All the guest raved about the food and service.

Sent on 10/12/2014

Gian · Married on 09/13/2014

We are so happy that we chose Plemmons for our catering. Their food was amazing, everything was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. They also were easy to work with from our initial price quote, all the way to our wedding day. Multiple guests told us after the wedding how much they enjoyed the food. I would recommend Plemmons to anyone wanting great food, excellent service, for a very reasonable price!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/23/2014

We just got married at Holland Ranch on Saturday. Our venue provided us with a list of recommended vendors and Plemmons was one of them! I didn't have time to go all the way to Santa Maria to taste any of the food so we went completely off the recommendation from our coordinator....The food and service was so incredible. Joanne also ensured that the buffet design matched our colors! I can not tell you how many compliments we got on the food!!! Everything was so wonderful, I was really pleased. I was also pleasantly surprised by the service. There were people walking around checking on water levels, asking us if we needed anything...they were wonderful. I was soo impressed. Thank you Joanne! You are wonderful.

Sent on 08/26/2014
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 06/14/2014

Fabulous! Fabulous! Fabulous! What an amazing job Eddie and Joanne did catering my daughter's wedding. From the very first time we met Joanne at our tasting until they loaded up and left at the end of the wedding, we were in awe! All of our guests loved the food and service they provided. We were able to enjoy the day with our guests because they took care of everything! I would highly recommend Eddie and Joanne, and all their service staff at Plemmons Catering for your next event!

Sent on 06/27/2014
  • F

Frankie · Married on 10/19/2013

Plemmons Catering was absolutely amazing!!!They catered my wedding and all my guests were raving about the food and the amazing kindness of the the staff. Joann and Eddie, are great, they worked with us and catered to our every request. They both went above and beyond, not to mention they are lovely people and they care so much about the quality and taste of their food. Joann's staff was so attentive to me, my husband and all my guests. I recommend them without hesitation. Two big thumbs up!!!
    Thanks,
    Frankie & Jake

Sent on 10/25/2013

Holly · Married on 10/12/2013

Very easy to work with , food is amazing and the staff is very helpful.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Plemmons Catering is ABSOLUTELY amazing! Our guests are still talking about the food at our wedding! Joanne and her team truly know what to do and how to do it! You will not have to worry about anything if you have Plemmons at your event. Joanne not only took care of catering needs but stepped in to help with anything we needed.

The food is amazing and the amount of time, love and dedication the team puts into their work can be tasted :) If you want some amazing food, great company and a extremely professional team, call Plemmons!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Naomi · Married on 05/11/2013

All of our guests were pleased by their quality of food and the service. Joanne was such a great and easy person to work with during the planning process!!!

Sent on 05/19/2013

jamie · Married on 05/04/2013

AHHHHHHMAZING! Delicious. Perfect.

My hubby and I really wanted to serve the local BBQ that Santa Ynez and Santa Maria are famous for. We asked the events coordinator at Lincourt who she thought was the best and she immediately responded Plemmons. So we went for a tasting....and Joanne blew us away.

We ended up ordering more because the tasting was so phenomenal. BBQ shrimp, proscuitto wrapped asparagus and mixed gourmet sausages for appetizers. Tri Tip and Grilled Chicken, gorgonzola mashed potatoes, jalepeno mac-n-cheese, grilled garlic bread, sea salt grilled broccoli and a pear and arugula salad.

Here's a FACT. The food was just as good at our wedding as it was at the tasting. They cooked it behind the barn at the vineyard so it was hot of the grill. My guests were just blown away.

The service was impeccable. We were waited on hand and foot. The staff was well-dressed in formal attire. They were so nice. So helpful. Pitch perfect really.

We loved them so much that we ordered tacos at the end of the night instead of gifts - which were delish and my tipsy guests LOVED them!

PERFECT PERFECT PEFECT!

Hire them for your wedding and rest easy that it will go really well. So GOOOOOD.

Sent on 05/15/2013

sarah · Married on 11/17/2012

Ryan and I decided to have Plemmons Catering for our wedding because Joanne was so wonderful to work with. We went to their restaurant, The Swiss, in Santa Maria to taste different options from their menu and to see what they could offer our guests. At the time we were deciding between a couple of other caterers, but after meeting with Joanne and tasting their increidble food we knew we wanted to choose Plemmons. Joanne is easy to communicate with and very responsive; she always answered my emails and phone calls and made the whole planning process much easier.

The food the day of the wedding was fantastic. The tri-tip was very tender and delicious, both the tri-tip and chicken turned out great. The staff was very organized and set up everything without a problem, and they were very friendly to all of our guests. Joanne was a life-saver and helped us in the last minute with the dessert. Ryan and I had pie instead of cake; we originally wanted ice cream to be served with the pie but our venue didn't have a freezer. Joanne made homemade, vanilla whipped cream to serve on top of the pies, and it looked so beautiful. Plemmons Catering does a wonderful job at making sure everything is taken care of so their clients can relax and enjoy their event.

Sent on 12/20/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/17/2012

The catering team was great very attentive. The food was amazing we still have people coming up to us telling us that the food was awesome!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Meredith · Married on 11/12/2011

Plemmons was recommended to us by a good friend. At first we thought they only offered Santa Maria style barbecue, but when we met with Joanne for our first tasting, we quickly realized they do so much more than that. Joanne and her husband Eddie are absolutely phenomenal to work with. We selected Prime Rib, Halibut and Pork Loin for our plated dinner on our special day. Believe me, it was hard to narrow it down to those three! Though we had a simple meal of a protein selection, garlic mashed potatoes and grilled veggies, I had so many compliments on how fresh and perfectly-cooked the meal was. All of the meat was tender and melt-in-your-mouth. The potatoes and vegetables were exceptional. The best part was the portion size! Nobody went hungry at our wedding...the Prime Rib was over 10 oz each! Our guests loved the passed appetizers and beverage bar that Joanne set up. Not to mention, the service was fantastic. I have been to weddings where the food has taken over an hour to be served. Not with Plemmons! Joanne and Eddie have a very professional staff that is used to serving hundreds of people. They were friendly and very prompt. I would highly recommend Plemmons to any bride-to-be or for any other special event!
    ~Meredith & Jesse

Sent on 11/27/2011
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 07/03/2011

We enjoyed Eddie and Joanne so much! The quality of the service they provide is above and beyond! They were so great! Joanne even helped coordinate all of the set up! Would totally use them again and again! Dont hesitate to use them for bday parties, anniversaries etc... we have and people love us for it!

Sent on 07/19/2011

JESSICA · Married on 04/09/2011

i don't even know where to begin... that did a fabulous job! we had about 250-300 people at our wedding so choosing a caterer that we could depend on was very important to us. Eddie and Joanne also own the Swiss in Santa Maria and we eat there frequently. we approached them about the wedding and i think they were more excited than us! i spoke with joanne and gave her an idea of what we wanted (a jazzed-up version of santa maria style bbq). we met with her about a week later to go over a menu and make some changes. he ended up with a meal and a setup that blew us away! we had hand carved prime rib, bbq chk, green salad, pasta salad, a baked potato bar, a gourmet coffee station, and so much more! we could not have been happier and so were our guests... they are still talking about how fabulous the food was that night!!!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Jen · Married on 11/15/2014

We just got married in Montecito a week ago, and we are so happy we picked Plemmons Catering for our wedding! The food is absolutely amazing and everyone at our wedding commented on how great it was. They were easy to work with from start to finish and stuck to their price quote so there were no hidden costs. The catering staff was very polite, respectful, helpful and on-point – probably some of the best staff I’ve seen from caterers or restaurants. If there was anything we asked them to help with they jumped right on it and did a great job, definitely going above and beyond. I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone for any type of event, wedding, party, reunion, etc.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Paige · Married on 09/18/2010

I've been to a lot of weddings where the food is down right gross. It was so important to me and my husband to have delicious food at our wedding. We did a lot of research and Plemmons Catering was our perfect match! The food was absolutely fabulous and our guests are still talking about it! We had carved tri-tip, BBQ chicken breast, roasted rosemary potatoes, sauteed green beans, pasta salad, and a gorgonzola and walnut salad! Absolutely delicious! Joanne and Eddie were so flexible with our menu and told us they could make us whatever we wanted. Thank you, Joanne and Eddie, for contributing to our magical and flawless day!!

~paige and raymond

Sent on 10/15/2010

Sheri · Married on 12/21/2014

My husband and I were thrilled with the menu, service, and quality of Plemmons Catering for our wedding. We were stunned by their competitive pricing for the quality of food; they were the least expensive but had the best tri-tip and salmon than any other caterer we tasted. The #1 compliment we received from our wedding guests was "this is the best wedding food I've ever had." Even three weeks later, our family and friends compliment the food. It was high-quality, but felt home cooked - perfect for our barn wedding.

Joanne is a pleasure to work with. At first, I was uneasy about no contract, but they are a family business, good for their word. Joanne was quick to respond to my emails and available to talk on the phone when necessary. She was flexible with our menu and budget, and her wait staff is very professional. They went above and beyond filling water and wine at tables and cutting our pies (which we bought elsewhere).

My husband and I (and eventually our family who lives in the area) also love their restaurant The Swiss. We recommend dining there too!

Sent on 01/07/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/19/2011

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

First, I want to clarify for those people that don't know, Plemmonss Catering is run by the same people that own The Swiss in Santa Maria. Apparently, they owned the catering company first, but recemtly decided to branch out into the restaurant business.

Overall, Plemmons Catering did a great job. The food was good, they showed up on time, they cleaned up...everything you want for the "day of". Any issues I have/had with them were in the planning phases. Upon our first meeting with Joanne, I felt that she expected us to know exactly what we wanted. However, since this was the first wedding I'd ever planned, I was really looking for ideas and suggestions. She did provide us a small complimentary tasting, which was very nice. The information that is provided on their website is very BBQ centered, but we finally landed on italian. We essentially had to pick out our entire menu upon our first meeting. We were never given a formal contract to sign. When we finally told her that we chose them for our wedding, I received an email that said "All I need now is your signature and a holding deposit." I had nothing else to sign and send to her other than our email correspondence. It seemed to work out ok though. 3 months from the wedding date, I sent out an email to all my vendors asking if there was anything they needed from me, with the time rapidly approaching. The response I got back from Joanne was, literally, a copy and paste of our menu for the night.

As I said, overall, everything worked out and people enjoyed the food. It just seems that the customer service of Plemmons Catering could use a little improvement. They may do weddings all the time, but most brides don't.

Sent on 03/27/2011