Plaza Catering Reviews

23 | Commerce City, CO

23 Reviews for Plaza Catering

Jennie · Married on 12/03/2016

We worked with the Kansas City branch of the business. And working with Jenn was a dream. She took the time at our tasting to learn about what we were thinking and to provide suggestions on menu options. We had selected a variety of options to try at the tasting beforehand, and everything at the tasting was so delicious, it was difficult to decide on our final options! It was an easy decision to book Jenn, though. Her prices were reasonable and we received high quality, delicious choices. During the planning period, she was very responsive and flexible with the small changes we requested. She provided us with ideas for how to set up our buffet because she was familiar with our venue and had seen it done a few ways. The cocktail hour and dinner service went very smoothly and we received several compliments on the food. Jenn's team did a wonderful job setting up our tables and making sure everyone had what they needed. The few servers I had the chance to speak with were very kind and happy, each working with a smile on their faces. We owe a huge thanks to Jenn and her Team for the role they played in our event, and strongly recommend them for yours!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Amy · Married on 05/28/2016

We had a wedding with 350 guests. Bryant and his team were able to accommodate all of our requests and provided exceptional service throughout the planning proccess. The day of our wedding the food and service exceeded our expectations. Our guests continue to rave about the food and we are reminded of how lucky we were to work with Bryant and his quality team at Plaza Catering! Thank you Bryant and team!

Sent on 08/21/2016

Jayme · Married on 05/14/2016

Plaza catering was more fantastic than I could have ever thought possible. Not only was the food delicious (everyone loved the chicken!) but they were so professional and so on top of everything from our walk through to our linen orders to everything leading up to the wedding. I gave Plaza Catering a 5/5 and I wish I could rate them even higher! My food was delicious and yet still affordable, which I know can be really tricky to find with caterers. If you chose Plaza catering for your wedding, you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much to Bryant and the rest of the Plaza Catering family, you guys really are the best!!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Shannon · Married on 11/22/2015

If I were able to give 100 stars to Plaza Catering, I would!! I was so impressed by every detail they paid attention to for my wedding. I even had guests commenting, not just on the food, but on how nice, polite, and fast the staff was throughout the entire evening! Plaza Catering handled everything from start to finish and put me at ease during a very stressful planning time. I highly recommend Plaza Catering to anyone who wants to impress their guests , but also have a vendor who is completely reliable and amazing!!! To everyone at Plaza: Thank you all for making our night unforgettable!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Stephen · Married on 09/19/2015

Great food and service. Plaza was great and easy to work with - they strived to stay within our budget. We loved their food as well.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Holly · Married on 06/27/2015

I recently had Plaza Catering cater my wedding and could not have been happier with how it turned out. From the first meeting, I was very impressed with Plaza. I met with Bryant, who was amazing. He helped me customize a perfect menu, and was very knowledgeable on his product. He was friendly, and went above and beyond at our tasting. I received timely emails from the whole staff, and all of my questions were always answered. The day of my wedding, everything went smoothly. The whole staff had smiles on their faces, and provided excellent service. Plaza even boxed me up a to-go box to take back to our hotel. The food was delicious; I have had multiple people comment on how impressed they were. I will definitely use Plaza again, and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Kaitlin · Married on 05/02/2015

Rolfe Loomis was a true savior when I was searching for a caterer for my wedding. All I could find was outrageous prices for very little variety. It was extremely frustrating. Then we stumbled upon Plaza Catering at a bridal show and all of my problems were solved. When I found out that Plaza is an extension if Cinzetti's I was sold. We love Cinzetti's. Rolfe was extremely hospitable, had us in for multiple tastings and more food than we could stomach. We had so many options it was almost too hard to decide because everything tasted amazing. We got some serious bang for our buck. Rolfe was prompt in his responses, always willing to be go above and beyond and be flexible. They provided all of our non alcoholic drinks, a bartender for our alcoholic drinks, the utentsils, plates, cups and linens we could possibly need. The host that worked our reception (whose name I never got unfortunately) was equally incredible. He even made my plate for me so I wouldn't have to risk spilling anything on my dress. It was exceptionally thoughtful. Throughout our entire experience with Plaza...there was never a hiccup, issue or obstacle. We got endless amounts of compliments on the food. Plaza Catering made us look good :)

Sent on 05/14/2015

Punctual and delicious! Plaza Catering provided lunch for the bridal party before the wedding and everything was wonderful!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Jill · event on 01/28/2014

Everything is great. Great variety, very fulfilling lunches. My staff of 165 employees are very pleased when we get boxed lunches.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Meggan · event on 01/17/2014

Food was absolutely delicious! The staff was very helpful in putting the best option together for our event.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Holly · event on 10/19/2013

I would rate this company higher if I could. The gentleman who dropped off all of our food was very professional and took care of all our needs. He helped us get everything set up where we wanted it, answered our questions about the food and was very nice. We ordered food for 40 and had a lot of leftovers. The amount of food you get for what you pay is amazing. I would rate value higher if I could. The food was delicious, and like I said portions were generous. Thank you so much Plaza Catering! I would gladly use you again for another event.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Rolfe was amazing and very helpful through the whole meal planning process. The plates & silverware that came with the package were beautiful. The food was AMAZING, we are still getting compliments about it! They served the cake, brought coffee and apple cider, and packaged everything up very nicely for us at the end of the night. Couldn't have asked for more from a caterer! Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Lisa · event on 09/21/2013

Hands down the absolute best experience I have had with a caterer. The level of professionalism by all staff members was unsurpassed. The food provide was the best we have ever had and I plan to use Plaza Catering for all upcoming events when there is a need.

Sent on 10/18/2013

You won't be sorry by choosing this caterer. They were awesome! Just with any wedding there were mishaps in mine, like torrential downpour for an outdoor event. They thought they would have the entire kitchen area to work without interruption but things got cozy. The caterers were friendly and accommodating and the food was great! They even used umbrellas to help people get around with no concern for themselves. Customer service all the way!

Mountain venue

Sent on 07/22/2013

scott · Married on 05/17/2013

amber was perfect at help me put this together. I really didn't even know what I was trying to put together when I talked to her the first time. she put it together from very little information from me.
    the 2 young men that she sent were fantastic. very professional. excellent experience.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Jackie · Married on 03/02/2013

plaza caterings food was awesome and the staff was wonderful!

Sent on 03/08/2013

Michael · Married on 11/17/2012

Through a very long and stressful process, my wife and I shopped many companies for an affordable wedding reception caterer and when we came across Rolfe and Plaza Catering, his promises and prices seemed too good to be true... and I'm a pretty strong believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." The mold was broken on this one... Rolfe came through with flying colors on absolutely everything he promised us (which I was very skeptical of given the price other caterers charge) and even more. He brought things and provided services at the last minute we didn't even contract for because the situation called for it and they did it all without any guilting or attitude toward us... his staff was so kind and professional that many people commented on it as if they were surprised... most servers I've come across when working such heavy events haven't been as pleasant. Again... with flying colors folks! My wife and I were so relieved and happy that we hired him after it was all over... we tipped the company a significant amount more than we were contracted because it would have felt like stealing if we didn't after all they did! :-)

Sent on 12/03/2012

peggy schaag · Married on 11/17/2012

Rolfe Loomis & staff provided exemplary service: attention to detail, anticipated needs & provided stellar
    flexibility in regards any changes.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Harlen · Married on 11/07/2015

Plaza catering, and their point man Bryant Cross, was everything one could hope for in a caterer, in my estimation. He was polite, professional, extremely flexible and responsive. Each time we made a decision or change he followed promptly with a revised proposal.

He gave us various options, treated us to tastings of our possible entrees and appetizers, and added more expensive red bell peppers to a vegetable selection with no hesitation. The food, of course, was great and included two options for the main dish, roasted chicken and pork loin.

In hindsight, I should have accepted the option of passing appetizers. My fault not theirs, that I didn't have any. ( I was disappointed to learn that some appetizers were tossed rather than being eaten later by the catering staff, as I was told would occur. There again, we were given the option of leftovers being boxed for later use. I suggest having someone accept them and carry them to a shelter since this is a no no for the caterer, I believe.)

I had asked that beverages be displayed in metal wash tubs, consistent with the old farmhouse venue, but I don't recall that happening. (The very large coolers my son brought were adequate and the tubs were more for style than substance.)

On the whole, I could not be more pleased and highly recommend Plaza Catering for your big event(s). Hopefully, my missed opportunities will serve the next customer well.

Sent on 11/18/2015

3.0

The staff was professional and friendly during our wedding while the company created a great menu for what we were looking for. Our guests continue to tell us how great the appetizers were and the service was.

Sent on 09/09/2014

3.0

Sent on 09/09/2014
  • User3991314 · event on 03/16/2014

I had a great experience working with the Plaza Catering team for a recent event. The communication beforehand was a little slower than I would have liked but they did get back to me in a reasonable amount of time with answers to my questions. The onsite delivery team was fantastic. They explained everything and helped us find ways to make the setup look even better. They were very professional and excellent to work with. I would definitely recommend and use Plaza Catering again for any events that I do in the Denver metro area.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Michaela · Married on 03/26/2017

0.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

Completely unprofessional. It is two months before our wedding and I am now scrambling to find new caterer after Plaza missed both the deadline and the extension to submit their paperwork and references to our venue. This is after numerous calls and emails from myself and our venue coordinator and finally being told on the due date that they were not going to be able to do our wedding. Overall, Plaza was unresponsive to emails and phone calls and their limited tasting times made it impossible to schedule anything during the one week I was in Colorado last year. I would not wish this wedding nightmare on anyone!!!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Plaza Catering's reply:

Michaela,

I apologize for what has transpired with Highlands Ranch Mansion, but there is nothing more I could possibly have done to get those agreements and references any quicker. I sent over 20 emails to past clients and vendors and received one response. This was incredibly difficult to achieve during a holiday season where it is generally harder to reach people. We also were required to submit an invoice for your wedding as well as a menu, neither one of those things exist presently. I sent you several emails during the time you were in Colorado and we are always able to schedule a tasting any day of the week, we just prefer weekday evenings so we have more time to spend with you and our restaurant isn't as busy. I need to know in advance when a tasting is coming in because those menu items simply aren't available in our restaurant and take time to purchase and prepare. I know it must have been incredibly difficult to try and coordinate this from overseas but I have absolutely done everything possible to make this happen. I am disappointed that you would choose to negatively impact our business by reviewing us so poorly when I feel that I have tried to be as flexible as possible during this process, but that is your choice. I am sorry we couldn't have worked this out professionally and I sincerely which you the best of luck with your wedding and your future.

Bryant Cross