Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service Reviews

103 | Palmyra, VA

103 Reviews for Playback Dj & Decor Lighting Service

Sandra · Married on 01/02/2015

Dennis is amazing, professional, provides over the top customer service... I could go on and on! I was in the unique position as the MOG, hosting and planning my youngest son's wedding at the beautiful Boar's Head Inn. Dennis made my job so easy and recommended options that neither me nor my daughter-in-law (who lives in Dallas) would of. Dennis provided both ceremony music and reception music for the Wedding. You know you have made the right choice when the last song is announced and everyone responds with - awwww already! We requested risers at the Boar's Head Inn so that Dennis was somewhat elevated above the dance floor for an amazing look. Our wedding was a black-tie event, and Dennis is elegant in appearance, and his equipment/set-up is extremely attractive and modern. We also used up-lighting from Dennis, and again he brought several options for us to choose from. We received numerous compliments from our guests, Dennis exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jill · Married on 01/02/2015

Dennis was truly a professional. He did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He had the songs we wanted, and even let us use extra lighting features at no additional cost. His response to all requests was timely. He was prompt to the rehearsal and on our wedding day. And the added bonus is he got everyone on the dance floor!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Krista · Married on 12/06/2014

Dennis was wonderful to work with for our wedding at King Family Vineyard! He was open to using a play list we created for the cocktail hour (even if some of the music was obscure he managed to track it down!) in addition to running with suggested artists we gave him for dinner. His musical choices kept young and old alike on the dance floor as the night progressed. He was very invested in helping us have the wedding we envisioned. He even came to meet with us during the rehearsal and got there so early he helped my father unload his car with wedding decor! He was truly professional and we would recommend him to any couple without reservation!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Skylor · Married on 11/29/2014

From start to finish Dennis was great. hr was able to accommodate all of our requests with no problem. We would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/12/2014

Dennis did a fantastic job for our wedding! The ceremony music was perfect as well as the reception music. Dennis was always available to ask questions or go over things for the wedding. Thank you Dennis for making our wedding amazing!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Brittney · Married on 09/27/2014

Excellent job! We're very happy with Mr. Payne and the way he made our wedding flow smoothly. Everyone said what a great job he did and always played requested songs asap. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

He was great, we would strongly recommend him. The online planning site was quite helpful.

Sent on 10/11/2014

My wife and I were delighted to have Dennis Payne play a key role on our wedding day. We knew that we wanted to be very hands-on with selection of dinner and dancing music, and Dennis accommodated our desire to plan our own bossa nova dinner mix and name a long list of must-play dance tunes, which he supplemented with some very good selections of his own. We also appreciated his amplifying the officiant, readers, and musicians for the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour.

Dennis made time to communicate with us in detail prior to the big day, so that he was more than ready to do his work and help us stay on schedule as we moved from each phase of the reception to the next.

We would definitely recommend Dennis to anyone looking for a professional and tasteful wedding DJ, regardless of whether you have a strong "vision" about how you would like the musical elements of your reception to go.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Dennis was the best! He was extremely professional, responsive, listened to the bride and groom's vision of the event and was an excellent MC. We highly recommend Dennis to anyone who is planning a wedding or other special event.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Best dj in the area by far! Dennis was our most reliable vendor. He was ready for anything, and was so on top of making sure everything was in order and on time. He was great to work with, very responsive and responsible for our entire event.

Sent on 06/06/2014

My wife and I have nothing but high praises for Dennis, he provides excellent service and is great value as a DJ. Dennis is very clear in the services he provides, extremely flexible, and extremely well prepared. From the first moment we met Dennis, it was that he is an experience professional who puts always puts the customer first.

The sound quality from his equipment is excellent and his music library is pretty extensive. Dennis was very eager to make sure he played whatever he didn't have, whether he downloaded it himself or we provided him with either a CD or iPod playlist.

I never once got any indication from Dennis that he was trying to flaunt himself or show off, he followed our guidelines perfectly and filled in any gaps in our details with little to no supervision.

We highly recommend his services to anyone looking for a good deal.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Christine · Married on 10/19/2013

Dennis Payne was the perfect DJ for my recent wedding. We interviewed four different DJs, but were happiest with Dennis' professionalism, experience and personality. He didn't try to impose cookie cutter wedding songs on us, and his online planning tools made the whole process really easy. In fact, completing his planning forms actually helped us form the basis of our ceremony and reception schedule, which was really helpful since we weren't using a professional wedding planner. Dennis kept us on schedule, made sure we had planned for all types of situations, and kept the whole evening flowing perfectly. He was super responsive, and even reached out to us after the wedding to let us know we had accidentally overpaid him. Dennis was perfect throughout the evening, he didn't try to keep attention on him, played a wide array of songs and kept the dance floor packed. I would 100% use Dennis again, he made our reception extra special!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Amber · Married on 10/05/2013

If you are looking for a great DJ I would highly recommend DJ Dennis Payne. He is professional and is extremely easy to work with. It's more than obvious he has been involved in this business for a long time. He has great ideas and is willing to listen to you as well. I can guarantee your wedding guests will have the time of their lives dancing the evening away with music provided by Dennis. Without a doubt he is the best! So if you need a DJ don't hesitate to book with DJ Dennis Payne.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Amber · Married on 10/05/2013

My daughter's ceremony and reception were held at Early Mountain Vineyards. DJ Dennis Payne not only provided music for the reception but he even did the music for the ceremony. My daughter had her heart set on specific music she heard on YouTube and Dennis was able to use that version. Dennis was amazing to work with. He is such a professional and it's obvious why he is in this business. If you are looking for an exceptional DJ I would highly recommend that you choose DJ Dennis Payne.

Thank you for Dennis for helping make my daughter's wedding day a dream come true.

All the best,
    The Hoover/Eanes Family

Sent on 10/30/2013

Caroline · Married on 09/21/2013

Had a great experience with Dennis! Easy to plan everything online with him and he played a great mix of music for all age groups. Got lots of compliments on him!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Dennis was amazing to work with. Was complemented multiple times during the wedding and was a breeze to work with. Would recommend in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2013

Dennis was a fantastic wedding DJ, we couldn't have asked for more! Time and again he went above and beyond for our special day. For example, one week before the wedding he met with us at the venue for last minute details. His up-lighting for the tent was beautiful and gave the space an extra romantic feel.
    He even handled my uncle's kooky request for serenading us with complete professionalism. And most importantly of all, his choice of music had the guests dancing the entire time! Everyone had a such a wonderful time and I couldn't be happier with our choice of Dennis as our wedding DJ! I especially recommend him to any brides who value dancing and fun atmosphere for their reception.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Bre · Married on 07/20/2013

Dennis was great during the ceremony & the reception! He had all the music that we requested & a lot more! The music wasn't too loud when we were eating so people could still carry on a conversation & he never started packing up his equipment until we left. Dennis was so easy-going & fun to work with. We would highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Dennis was the best choice I made for my wedding reception, hands down. His 30 years of experience definitely show: he was extremely professional, had great advice and suggestions for me as I was planning, kept his emcee activities low key and the focus on the party, and kept the dance floor PACKED all night long. He is the best! I received so many compliments on his work from all of my guests - including elderly relatives who appreciated the low volume of the music near their tables, college friends who loved dancing all night long, family friends who were amazed they could both hear the music throughout dinner and still talk over it, and so many more. One thing I particularly like was that Dennis let me get involved as little or as much as I liked in the song selection. I ended up picking a list of "must plays" and "do not plays" on his website which he used throughout the night - perfect! Also Dennis provided beautiful uplighting for my reception space which added so much to the atmosphere - it was so great working through just one vendor for all of this.

Starting out wedding planning, I was pretty worried about picking out a DJ - this can totally make or break a party! - but I shouldn't have been at all, since Dennis is absolutely wonderful. This was the best dance party I've ever been to in Cville - which is saying a lot! Thank you Dennis, you're the best!

Sent on 06/04/2013

Regina · Married on 04/06/2013

We were absolutely thrilled with the services from Playback DJ Service / Dennis Payne.
    Our guests danced the entire time, and didn’t want the reception to end. The up lighting was spectacular, and the letter monogram on the dance floor was over the top! The reception was so much fun and everyone was laughing, dancing and the guests are still talking about the reception.
    It will be an event that people will always remember. The planning from the beginning to end was flawless, and Dennis has a great sense of humor and was super easy to work with- and gave us many great suggestions. You were so helpful and professional and we are so grateful that we had you to help us make this day so beautiful. We would definitely recommend you to our friends. Thank you!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Ashley · Married on 04/06/2013

Thank you SO much for being our DJ!
    We had an amazing time and truly enjoyed every minute! Dennis put together the perfect music set for our wedding reception. We danced so much our legs were sore the next day! You were amazing! All ages were on the dance floor and we were all having the best time. Dennis also provided the up lighting in the room and our names in lights on the dance floor. It was so beautiful it made our decorations and colors pop, and it really helped make the room and give it the feel we were going for. We will definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a GREAT WEDDING DJ. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/27/2013
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/30/2013

I cannot say anything bad about Dennis. He was fantastic! He has a great personality and was wonderful to work with. Not only did he help with music he gave us ideas on how the timeline should go. He also did our uplighting that turned out great and also did a Gobo lighting for us. It made such a difference during the reception. We absolutely loved working with him!

Sent on 04/25/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 03/16/2013

DJ Dennis Payne is great! He kept our guests on the dance floor all night! Dennis played the perfect mix of songs that appealed to guests of all ages. He set the mood for a great night! We highly recommend DJ Dennis Payne!

Sent on 03/24/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2012

Dennis was great! I did not have a wedding planner, so he was great about getting what info he needed from me and leaving me alone. He was attentive and caring. There were a few times when music could have been picked out, but I didn't have the time or energy and I asked Dennis to use his best judgment and everything turned out great and sounded wonderful. He played a great mixture of music for the crowd as well. He would play a song or two that my parents and their friends would like, songs that we liked and threw in just enough slow songs that I got to dance with all the important men in my life. The dance floor stayed full the majority of the evening. Dennis did a great job!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2012

Dennis was not only an incredible DJ, but also a great person to work with while planning our wedding. His website is a very helpful resource and a provides an easy way to plan your timeline, your special songs, and your “must play” and “do not play” song lists. He was always easy to communicate with and I really appreciated his willingness to do an early walkthrough with us as well as a final review before the rehearsal to give me peace of mind. He was flexible and understanding as we adjusted our budget and our needs. He was so professional and so very personable – it was a joy working with him. Everything was flawless for the ceremony and the reception and the dance floor was never empty. Our guests had a wonderful time and we were told repeatedly how great our DJ was. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/01/2012