Platinum Mix Productions Reviews

23 Reviews for Platinum Mix Productions

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Casey · Married on 12/29/2012

Excellent choice! posted 1/1/2013

I originally booked with Sara for our wedding and found out we had to postpone since my fiance had to deploy to Afghanistan- Sara totally worked with us and made it a little less stressful:-) Once we finally were able to hold our wedding, Sara was on top of everything and so easy to work with! Evis and Eric were so much fun and made everyone feel at ease as they worked with us on video. Sara's laid back and friendly personality helped the day go smoothly. Brad was our DJ and he kept the dance floor full and catered to our guests wide variety of music taste perfectly! Many guests commented about how great all of the Platinum MIx crew was and I agree! I have a few sneak peek photos that I could not be happier with and I know the rest and the video will be fantastic as well. I cannot recommend them highly enough. You can book them and not worry from then on that your photo, video and DJ will be done well.

Ashley · Married on 09/01/2012

Sara was great. She played everything we wanted, was willing to be up in a barn loft and was very friendly! She pronounced everyone's name right too! She wasn't cheesy or silly, just played great music the whole night! Highly recommend.

• Marybeth

Marybeth · Married on 03/23/2012

I have one word for this company ....AMAZING! My husband and I found them via Google talk about a scary experience! We called and booked an appointment and from the first moment when we met Sara we knew our wedding day would be captured in the most beautiful way.
    We used Platinum Mix for our photographers/videographers/ and DJ Sara and her staff were extremly professional, funny, and AMAZING! The value we got was more than what we ever expected.
    Our DJ Brendan had everyone on the dance floor the entire night! Our guests loved him so much that another couple who was at our wedding booked him that evening for their wedding.
    Sara continued to send us updates on the work she was putting together for us and my husband and I were blown away!
    We just recently had family over and watched the wedding DVD and the only thing everyone could say is what an incredible company we had!
    PLEASE contact Sara I promise you you won't be disappointed. My husband and I are hoping and praying that the company is around when our children get married.

Marisa · Married on 10/22/2011

Platinum Mix Productions did a wonderful job on our engagement, wedding photos, and video. They are fun to work with and we highly recommend them!

Katie · Married on 10/02/2010

Bryan was our DJ- he kept the whole reception running smoothly, taking charge of ordering the wedding party for entrances and making sure he knew how to pronounce names correctly. He was great in taking requests from guests, playing some of our favorite songs, and keeping the dance floor busy all night. If I could do it over again I would have also hired Platinum Mix to do our photos and also would have sprang for video too. Sara was a complete professional to work with and I feel we got more than we paid for. Just an awesome company!

Melissa · Married on 08/28/2010

You will NOT be sorry if you book with Platinum Mix Productions!
    I cannot say enough about these experts in creating exactly the right mood for your event.
    One of the best perks that come with booking with them is their website where you can browse their massive song list and choose all of the right music for your event. You decide how much or how little you are involved in choosing the songs for your reception. If you don’t know what songs to choose, leave it in Platinum Mix’s capable hands. If you’re picky, like me, you can create a “must play” list, “do not play” list and a “play if there’s time” list.
    My DJ, Sara, had a phone call with me prior to my wedding where she took the time to get to know us and our style. On our big day, Sara created an atmosphere that was exactly as I had dreamed. My dance floor was full all night and I can’t remember ever leaving it myself!
    I highly recommend Platinum Mix for any event you are putting together.

Lauren · Married on 08/21/2010

Sarah at Platinum Mix had me impressed only minutes into our initial meeting! She was easy-going, knowledgeable, friendly, and was interested in knowing certain details about my soon to be husband and I so that she could tailor the service directly to us. She did a wonderful job at our wedding and even happily put up with my crazy last-minute requests and phone calls the week before our big day! The music was perfect and she helped the day run smoothly--we could not have been happier with Platinum Mix!

Laura · Married on 05/07/2010

Our DJ was Emmitt, and the crowd loved him! He was unable to get to our wedding for the ceremony, so Sara filled in--and it was perfect.

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2009

Excellent DJ service, Brendan was great and let me enjoy my day worry free! I would definitely recommend them, and they are a great value for budget-concious brides as well!

Nikole · Married on 09/12/2009

Platinum Mix was the perfect choice for our wedding reception. Sara was really helpful keeping us on track throughout the event. She really listened to what we wanted...not only with the music she played but also with the announcements and timing of everything. She took requests, but didn?t play ?do not play? music. When one questionable song was requested, she even checked with us to make sure it was OK if she played it. We really appreciated the personal attention. She kept people of all ages dancing and happy! We loved the Chill Tunes that she played for cocktail hour, and were happy that we had that option rather than classical or smooth jazz. The Platinum Mix website makes it really fun to create a playlist, and made an overwhelming job seem a lot easier! We would highly recommend Sara and Platinum Mix, and the price was excellent compared to other DJs in the area!

• medrensusi

Susana · Married on 08/15/2009

Garret had a challenge on his hands; how to handle a bunch of nerdy talkers who don't dance? Keep on playing music even if they won't budge! Our guests loved him because even though his job is to spin tunes so people can dance, he didn't pressure anyone to do so and everyone was happy for it. He played nearly all of our requests and was chuckling up a storm when Josh and I got to dance to what was our second choice for our first dance (Paul & Storm's Your Love Is); additionally, he was a great MC. There was a small snafu with our entrance song -- I guess the way our choices are transmitted to the DJs is through plain old text instead of a nice, laid out page, so the DJs have to transpose everything and our choice, Jackson got lost in the shuffle. No big deal; Garret just played it for us later. He did our ceremony, too, and everything was timed perfectly; out mariachi band was a touch late, so Garret jumped in with the song I'd selected beforehand. Super nice guy, too!

As for Platinum Mix overall; professional, easy to talk to, they get what you're saying when you communicate your expectations and your knowledge of your crowd, and they're basically on top of their game. High rec from this couple.

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2009

Brendan was SO great!!! He kept the dance floor packed all night long, and was just a lot of fun to have around!

Alexia · Married on 03/28/2009

I think we may have had the most amazing wedding DJ to ever grace the profession! Sara was not only a very cool, interesting and incredibly professional, but she had the floor rocking the entire night long. I'm not kidding when I say that Sara's intuition on what people want to hear and when to play it is dead-on. Based on her incredibly insightful blog, we learned all about her DJ philosophy, which basically put, is when the people are dancing...keep 'em dancing. And we certainly did! An added bonus was her lighting set-up which really helped add to the mood, and another of her co-DJ's who took a whole bunch of action shots of the dance floor. It was like getting a whole other photographer! We could not recommend Sara and her crew enough! You will be dancing all night long!

Vanessa · Married on 01/17/2009

Wow! That's all I can say! Our DJ (Sara) was amazing! We had a very specific playlist with some really unique stuff on it and she did a perfect job using the right songs at just the right times. You would think she actually KNEW us by the way she was able to do that.

Platinum Mix was great from the beginning too. Their website makes it really easy to select songs and plan everything out. Our package was the basic one so we didn't know which DJ we'd have until the week before. Sara called us to go over everything and it only took a few minutes. That was it! She handled everything from there and it all went so smoothly. Our guests commented over and over that they loved the music. And even more than that, she was able to keep things moving along nicely. We were just blown away by her.

Andrea · Married on 07/27/2007

They were so easy to work with and had my guest dancing all night long.

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2007

SHe was wonderful to work with. I highly recommend her.

NICOLE · Married on 04/14/2007

Great group of DJ's, and most reasonably priced around. They have this amazing website where you can plan all your main dances, and create a song list. They follow your directions, or go on their own depending on what you want. They also offer cool lights and equipment - and videographer services, which I also used. My DJ Sara was so great - not cheesy like so many other DJ's I have seen at weddings.

Lizz · Married on 08/12/2009

Very good turnout. Had hours of video by the end of the party.

• Izzy

Dena · Married on 10/08/2016

3.5

Platinum mix was great! Their online website allows you to pick your playlist, make payments and send questions and timelines for the day of! Our DJ was also awesome, if he had any concerns about music requests he came to us to ask if the request was appropriate! We danced all night long!

Kailie · Married on 08/08/2008

3.0

They did a good job. We had a few glitches, but nothing noticable, our DJ was great.

Bobby · Married on 06/04/2006

Great people at platinum mix. Sara G was our DJ and did a great job. They are not too expensive, very flexible, professional and prompt. What else could you ask for?

Jeremy · Married on 09/04/2010

2.2
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0

I was disappointed in the DJ that this company sent for my wedding. He contacted me once by phone the week before the wedding to go over what I wanted, which I thought whould be fine. On the day of, he played great music but when my father asked him to take a break so that our bagpiper could play he said no and was very rude to my father. He also would not take any requests, which was very upsetting to my close friends and family - he told them they would have to send me up their with the request..as if i had time for that on my wedding day!

Nathan · Married on 09/24/2016

0.4
      0.5

The same people own and operate DIY Uplighting dot com. I had a very bad experience with DIY Uplighting, and would say that Platinum Mix, since owned by the same people - is terrible as well. I spoke with Sara a couple of times.

I ordered lighting from them a month before my event, they waited 2 weeks to check the shipping information, sent me an email saying the "address is unverified", and then canceled my order. Leaving me without the lighting I had contracted for my customer's wedding.